Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Joe Lumley... 16:08 - Jul 5 with 8854 viewssmegma

and the others on a clean sheet. Still the best keeper at the club.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:58 - Jul 6 with 1934 viewsEastR

Well done Joe Lumley... on 22:06 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

You're right Ted.

You have to like and accept the pressure. That's the common trait.

Are you Dougal? are you Dougal? Are you Dougal in disguise? Are you Dou-gal in dis-guise?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well done Joe Lumley... on 11:11 - Jul 6 with 1878 viewsloftboy

He made it into the team of the week, well done Joe

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:45 - Jul 14 with 1723 viewsgazza1

A couple of decent performances.....that's all but I am very pleased for him because I think he cares about the Club. The jury is still out if he is good enough overall.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:48 - Jul 14 with 1716 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, also pleased for him.

I think he is good enough as regards talent. And I think he's shown it last season. The only question - as with all goalies - is can he put together a consistent string of strong performances. I hope so, for many reasons.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:57 - Jul 14 with 1687 viewsgazza1

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:48 - Jul 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, also pleased for him.

I think he is good enough as regards talent. And I think he's shown it last season. The only question - as with all goalies - is can he put together a consistent string of strong performances. I hope so, for many reasons.

Every goalkeeper, just like every outfield player makes errors......sadly Joe's error have cost us and there have been too many. He needs to cut them out otherwise he will be out - simple.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:07 - Jul 14 with 1669 viewsGloucs_R

He's frustrating as there is a decent keeper somewhere in there but his brain farts, which took place in almost every game earlier this season, resulted in lots of errors and goals.

Kelly looks OK, but nothing more than OK.

Dieng looks solid but also prone to the odd error from when I've watched highlights of their games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Well done Joe Lumley... on 10:00 - Jul 14 with 1618 viewsCamberleyR

Well done Joe Lumley... on 20:01 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was Holland but can’t remember what year.

Didn’t a England manager rotate Shilton and Woods each game?

Ron Greenwood rotated Shilton & Clemence for about three years up to the 1982 World Cup where he finally settled on Shilton as his first choice. Had Cloughie got the England job instead of Greenwood in 1977, Shilton probably would have ended with another 50 caps.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:22 - Jul 15 with 1511 viewsgazza1

Played well last night at Luton......well done
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 8:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:26 - Jul 15 with 1500 viewsNorthernr

Good save at the end.

I do wish he'd pack in the whole gamesmanship routine before penalties though. It doesn't work, he's never saved one. We've faced in excess of 20 penalties in two seasons since Smithies left and apart from one Kelly save (and that was only from Bam Bam so hardly counts) and one Forestieri one over the bar they've all been scored.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:39 - Jul 15 with 1458 viewsgazza1

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:26 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Good save at the end.

I do wish he'd pack in the whole gamesmanship routine before penalties though. It doesn't work, he's never saved one. We've faced in excess of 20 penalties in two seasons since Smithies left and apart from one Kelly save (and that was only from Bam Bam so hardly counts) and one Forestieri one over the bar they've all been scored.

That penalty stuff 'does my f..... head in'......he makes himself look a prize prick!! Just concentrate on your own game Joe.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 8:40]
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:10 - Jul 15 with 1398 viewsJuzzie

I reckon Lumley’s improved because he hasn’t had hundreds of people abusing him every other week.

When we were tonking Cardiff you had people in the lower Loft, the family section remember, giving him absolute pelters in the first half. Unbelievable.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:46 - Jul 15 with 1313 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:10 - Jul 15 by Juzzie

I reckon Lumley’s improved because he hasn’t had hundreds of people abusing him every other week.

When we were tonking Cardiff you had people in the lower Loft, the family section remember, giving him absolute pelters in the first half. Unbelievable.

This! totally this.

The grass is always greener.

Well done Joe Lumley... on 12:45 - Jul 15 with 1260 viewsgazza1

Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:46 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

This! totally this.

Well, if that is the case (and I have no evidence to think that it is) then he will never cope with playing at any level. All players, and I mean all players, get abuse at some time and some more than most, and if that adversely affects the performance then they shouldn't be playing at this level.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 13:09]
Well done Joe Lumley... on 14:48 - Jul 15 with 1216 viewsextratimeR

Very pleased for Joe, good solid performance last night, very good save at the end, defenders look comfortable with him, I notice even some of the top keepers, ( Edison, Alison), have stopped this I've got to play it short nonsense, and quite happy to Row X it or just go long, glad to see Joe doing the same, very pleased for him.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 14:59 - Jul 15 with 1194 viewsMedwayR

Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:07 - Jul 14 by Gloucs_R

He's frustrating as there is a decent keeper somewhere in there but his brain farts, which took place in almost every game earlier this season, resulted in lots of errors and goals.

Kelly looks OK, but nothing more than OK.

Dieng looks solid but also prone to the odd error from when I've watched highlights of their games.

I think this is the problem we'll have next season, three average to decent GK's of a similar ability when we could really do with one of them being cover behind an established No.1.

Poll: Who’s better?

Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:14 - Jul 15 with 1162 viewsQPROslo

Well done Joe Lumley... on 12:45 - Jul 15 by gazza1

Well, if that is the case (and I have no evidence to think that it is) then he will never cope with playing at any level. All players, and I mean all players, get abuse at some time and some more than most, and if that adversely affects the performance then they shouldn't be playing at this level.

From the Opposition yes, but not from our own support in the Lower Loft or anywhere else really.
Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:24 - Jul 15 with 1144 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well done Joe Lumley... on 12:45 - Jul 15 by gazza1

If you are a QPR supporter attending a game then why would you feel it was helping the team to abuse one of our players? It is completely counter productive. If you feel the need to slag off a player, do it with your mates in the pub afterwards and stop being part of the reason that so many players are either suffering mentally from abuse of leaving the clubs where it is happening. There is a little symbol on the back of every EFL players shirt in every game, so remember that when you think a player needs to hear your litany of profanity strewn abuse during a match.

The grass is always greener.

Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:46 - Jul 15 with 1120 viewsgazza1

Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:24 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

If you are a QPR supporter attending a game then why would you feel it was helping the team to abuse one of our players? It is completely counter productive. If you feel the need to slag off a player, do it with your mates in the pub afterwards and stop being part of the reason that so many players are either suffering mentally from abuse of leaving the clubs where it is happening. There is a little symbol on the back of every EFL players shirt in every game, so remember that when you think a player needs to hear your litany of profanity strewn abuse during a match.

Who thinks its productive slagging off players during the game??.....I am not one of them but thanks for asking anyways. However players need to get used to it because it will happen many many times during their career. They will need to grow some bollocks if they are going to do well in the game and not feel sorry for themselves like you obviously feel sorry for them........I rarely feel sorry for them, just occasionally
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 16:47]
Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:49 - Jul 15 with 1113 viewsPinnerPaul

Well done Joe Lumley... on 08:26 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Good save at the end.

Agree
Well done Joe Lumley... on 17:18 - Jul 15 with 1077 viewsMatch82

Well done Joe Lumley... on 16:24 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

Doubt anyone does it because they think it will help, more likely to be inability to contain frustration. Which is understandable for a QPR fan, though unfortunate
Well done Joe Lumley... on 09:58 - Jul 17 with 970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Joe Lumley... on 17:18 - Jul 15 by Match82

Doubt anyone does it because they think it will help, more likely to be inability to contain frustration. Which is understandable for a QPR fan, though unfortunate

I think we all know fans who do it to be heard, though. To impress the people around them. Most of the time the abuse is inaudible to the player anyway so it's clearly aimed at the audience and not the actor. It's shocking insecurity and you'd have to worry about their self-esteem.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024