Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 70559 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 12:34 - Jul 31 with 4000 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 11:11 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Because one's deliberate? (I'm guessing)

Always remember Collina talking about how he told the difference between whether a player had just accidentally/recklessly elbowed an opponent or deliberately gone to do it - was the fist clenched or palm open? If you're just using an arm for leverage your palm is open, if you're deliberately elbowing somebody with it your fist is clenched.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think body language really needs to be studied more, it's a great indication of what's really going on.

It's like when players & managers do interviews, if they're tugging their ear or scratching their nose, it usually means what they're saying is not actually true.

"Was that a penalty Rooney"

"Oh yeah, without doubt" tug, tug, scratch, scratch.
BRENTFORD on 13:29 - Jul 31 with 3906 viewsPinnerPaul

BRENTFORD on 11:11 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Because one's deliberate? (I'm guessing)

Always remember Collina talking about how he told the difference between whether a player had just accidentally/recklessly elbowed an opponent or deliberately gone to do it - was the fist clenched or palm open? If you're just using an arm for leverage your palm is open, if you're deliberately elbowing somebody with it your fist is clenched.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah I've been taught that, but of course (one of many) contradictions in the law is that an act (foul tackle) doesn't have to be 'deliberate' to be punished.

Handball used to be the only act that had to be deliberate to be penalised.

As ever the laws don't really make sense if you try to apply them using the literal English sense of the language, because as you say careless v reckless v endangering safety of an opponent DOES imply some difference in intent. However how do you decide if as player meant to connect with opponent halfway up the leg or was genuinely attempting to go for the ball - hence why we all spend hours arguing over a decision!

The red for Son-Heung Ming is a good example - he clearly did not mean to send the player to hospital but did, so clearly DID endanger safety of an opponent - would still have been a red even if he got the ball first.
BRENTFORD on 14:05 - Jul 31 with 3867 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 13:29 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Yeah I've been taught that, but of course (one of many) contradictions in the law is that an act (foul tackle) doesn't have to be 'deliberate' to be punished.

Handball used to be the only act that had to be deliberate to be penalised.

As ever the laws don't really make sense if you try to apply them using the literal English sense of the language, because as you say careless v reckless v endangering safety of an opponent DOES imply some difference in intent. However how do you decide if as player meant to connect with opponent halfway up the leg or was genuinely attempting to go for the ball - hence why we all spend hours arguing over a decision!

The red for Son-Heung Ming is a good example - he clearly did not mean to send the player to hospital but did, so clearly DID endanger safety of an opponent - would still have been a red even if he got the ball first.

Before I got to the end was going to say Son's at Everton is a good example of a complete accident that is nevertheless a red card.
BRENTFORD on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 3848 viewsNewBee

Would this be the same Collina who is now head of FIFA's referee's committee, and now wants more control given over from refs to VAR, not less?

Obviously he was a very good referee, but I always wonder whether he'd have got quite so much credit had he not been shaven-headed and intimidating looking?

And eg Albanian or Zambian rather than Italian?
BRENTFORD on 14:13 - Jul 31 with 3832 viewsPinnerPaul

BRENTFORD on 14:05 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Before I got to the end was going to say Son's at Everton is a good example of a complete accident that is nevertheless a red card.

Excellent - well done!
BRENTFORD on 14:31 - Jul 31 with 3810 viewsTheChef

BRENTFORD on 14:06 - Jul 31 by NewBee

Would this be the same Collina who is now head of FIFA's referee's committee, and now wants more control given over from refs to VAR, not less?

Obviously he was a very good referee, but I always wonder whether he'd have got quite so much credit had he not been shaven-headed and intimidating looking?

That's because he has to obey his techbot overlords. Or else.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BRENTFORD on 15:21 - Jul 31 with 3769 viewsenfieldargh

BRENTFORD on 11:53 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

Anyone else absolutely boed and baffled by the endless 'bigger club / bigger fans / purer fans / stadium size / fan base size' arguments?
Why does anyone give a fk if they're average gate is higher than the next club? What does it mean or prove? Oooh! My club's bigger than yours! So?
It's like when one team is losing and they're fans start singing '2-0 and you still don't sing'. And? We're winning, lads.
Pathetic.

Wigan going through the mill at the moment.

Why do radio pundits have to call them A Proud Club?

Tell me which club isn't proud....

Why should a club steeped in history deserve to be anywhere except where they currently find themselves.

Cant wait to experience a packed Elland road with all those passionate Leeds fans.......trying going there as an away fan !!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BRENTFORD on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 3761 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 14:06 - Jul 31 by NewBee

Don't disagree. He was a very good referee in the end, but I remember early days Football Italia where he was wild, and like you say up to some weird stuff now. But I found that an interesting insight nonetheless.
Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 3642 viewsdistortR

BRENTFORD on 12:27 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I occasionally get asked "best fans at Loftus Road this season" when we do reciprocal interviews for other sites and that's always pretty much my answer. I either deliberately go for Burton or somebody that brought 50 die hards, or point out that anybody who pays the rail fares in this country to watch Championship football is worthy of respect/help.

It's just dick swinging isn't it?

fck me. we've got one poxy stick to beat brentford with at the moment.
So let us use it!
BRENTFORD on 17:56 - Jul 31 with 3624 viewsqpr_1968

BRENTFORD on 12:27 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I occasionally get asked "best fans at Loftus Road this season" when we do reciprocal interviews for other sites and that's always pretty much my answer. I either deliberately go for Burton or somebody that brought 50 die hards, or point out that anybody who pays the rail fares in this country to watch Championship football is worthy of respect/help.

It's just dick swinging isn't it?

About 10 year ago we played accrington stanley in either the league cup or other, night game, they really did bring 50 fans down, made a lot of noise, drum and all.
Lovely little club, one of the few league grounds at the time i still had'nt been to.

BRENTFORD on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 3619 viewsWatford_Ranger

BRENTFORD on 17:56 - Jul 31 by qpr_1968

About 10 year ago we played accrington stanley in either the league cup or other, night game, they really did bring 50 fans down, made a lot of noise, drum and all.
Lovely little club, one of the few league grounds at the time i still had'nt been to.

Yeah they were phenomenal. Think we won comfortably but they kept the Dale Savese song going for ages. Lots of non/lower league clubs sing it but never been a thing higher up for some reason.
BRENTFORD on 23:44 - Aug 4 with 3278 viewsqpr_1968

UNLUCKY.

BRENTFORD on 15:02 - Aug 8 with 3067 viewsTacticalR

I was listening to the post-mortem on the play-off final on BBC Football Daily and Sam Parkin (ex-Swindon and Ipswich) mentioned that he was a QPR fan. He said Brentford have had a plan whereas we haven't.

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 3016 viewsstowmarketrange

BRENTFORD on 15:02 - Aug 8 by TacticalR

I was listening to the post-mortem on the play-off final on BBC Football Daily and Sam Parkin (ex-Swindon and Ipswich) mentioned that he was a QPR fan. He said Brentford have had a plan whereas we haven't.

They might have a plan but the wheels came off in the last 2 weeks and it’s back to the drawing board for them.
BRENTFORD on 19:14 - Aug 8 with 2865 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 15:20 - Aug 8 by stowmarketrange

They might have a plan but the wheels came off in the last 2 weeks and it’s back to the drawing board for them.

I think their post-lockdown constant winning raised expectations of an auto place and added pressure that they probably wouldn’t have had if they’d lost couple (no one would have batted an eyelid) and still ended up in the playoffs anyway which is what was expected.
I think they might have won it but that would probably have meant facing Fulham in the semi’s.
We’ll never know though.

Should’ve beaten Barnsley.
BRENTFORD on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 2832 viewsPhildo

BRENTFORD (n/t) on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 2589 viewsqprxtc

[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 12:30]
BRENTFORD on 12:29 - Aug 9 with 2582 viewsqprxtc

Anyone else absolutely boed and baffled by the endless 'bigger club / bigger fans / purer fans / stadium size / fan base size' arguments?
Why does anyone give a fk if they're average gate is higher than the next club? What does it mean or prove? Oooh! My club's bigger than yours! So?
It's like when one team is losing and they're fans start singing '2-0 and you still don't sing'. And? We're winning, lads.
Pathetic.

Ding dong, Avon calling.

That’s spot on Antti. It’s all absolute cobblers. Support your team and forget about what is so crap in your own life that you want to make it clear to the world that you support a bigger team than Accrington Stanley or whoever. That 2-0 and you still don’t sing really f ucking gets up my hooter. It means that we’re being shagged, again and the other lot are still so unenamoured by Queens Park bloody Rangers that they’d rather have a chat with their mates or wife or both or neither.

Leeds would have taken more. So what and f uck Leeds. Brentford are tinpot (true) but so what.

With the kings road shite though it’s the opposite to everything above. I’d be very happy to see them obliterated from this planet.
BRENTFORD on 12:47 - Aug 9 with 2551 viewsTacticalR

Pathetic.

Wasn't this what ingham was always going on about? Wasn't this the whole business model (or delusion) of Fernandes & co? Here's one of ingham's posts from 2012:

'I think that, in our minds, we're building something big out of something small. This is West London, so we're a big small club, not one of those undersized outfits apparently confined for ever to the lower leagues - or a small club profile even if they move up - like Brentford, or Scunthorpe.

The Board are happy to play up to it, so are the press.'

The back or sack dilemma for chairmen
http://qprreport.proboards.com/post/296623
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 12:58]

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 16:02 - Aug 9 with 2429 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 12:29 - Aug 9 by qprxtc

Ding dong, Avon calling.

That’s spot on Antti. It’s all absolute cobblers. Support your team and forget about what is so crap in your own life that you want to make it clear to the world that you support a bigger team than Accrington Stanley or whoever. That 2-0 and you still don’t sing really f ucking gets up my hooter. It means that we’re being shagged, again and the other lot are still so unenamoured by Queens Park bloody Rangers that they’d rather have a chat with their mates or wife or both or neither.

Leeds would have taken more. So what and f uck Leeds. Brentford are tinpot (true) but so what.

With the kings road shite though it’s the opposite to everything above. I’d be very happy to see them obliterated from this planet.

Yes agree,growing up in the 60s in Feltham I could easily had supported another bigger London club just a few more stops on the train.Brentford was my local side that most of my school mates supported and went to games with and still see some ofthem 50 +years on.What ever league we have been in we have never been seen as a big club even in division 4 so it’s water off a ducks back all this bragging.Forums can bring the worst out of fans as in reality when you get talking before or after games whether in pubs or trains you don’t get any of this talk just good honest opinions of our teams with just a bit of bias of course.
BRENTFORD on 12:22 - Aug 17 with 2157 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A teammate from cricket who’s a Sun reader brought a cutting from said paper to our match yesterday. From the 9th August. I can’t find it online anywhere so will transcribe it for your pleasure

IT’S GREAT FOR SCOTT (headline)

IF BRENTFORD had scored that 40 yard free-kick in the Championship play-off people would be falling over themselves to hail Frank’s genius.

But because it was the brainchild of Scott Parker and his Fulham coaching team, it was passed off as a clanger by David Raya, as much as tactical nous and a great hit by Joe Bryan.

The fact club blazer-wearing Parker outfoxed Frank didn’t fit the script.

While everyone was swooning at the oh-so-trendy Bees, Fulham got on with their job.

Parker handled himself with class from start to finish.

The Bees’ failure may have left the newbies weeping into their artisan gins but there were plenty of us old schoolers raising a pint at having Scottie Parker back in the Prem.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:53]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BRENTFORD on 14:42 - Aug 17 with 2033 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 12:22 - Aug 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

A teammate from cricket who’s a Sun reader brought a cutting from said paper to our match yesterday. From the 9th August. I can’t find it online anywhere so will transcribe it for your pleasure

IT’S GREAT FOR SCOTT (headline)

IF BRENTFORD had scored that 40 yard free-kick in the Championship play-off people would be falling over themselves to hail Frank’s genius.

But because it was the brainchild of Scott Parker and his Fulham coaching team, it was passed off as a clanger by David Raya, as much as tactical nous and a great hit by Joe Bryan.

The fact club blazer-wearing Parker outfoxed Frank didn’t fit the script.

While everyone was swooning at the oh-so-trendy Bees, Fulham got on with their job.

Parker handled himself with class from start to finish.

The Bees’ failure may have left the newbies weeping into their artisan gins but there were plenty of us old schoolers raising a pint at having Scottie Parker back in the Prem.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 12:53]

What’s it they say the only thing worse than people talking about you is people not talking about you.
BRENTFORD on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 2009 viewsTacticalR

The Sun doesn't hold with foreign ways (except when it comes to foreigners owning the Sun).

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 17:14 - Jan 30 with 1522 viewsqpr_1968

is there any stopping them?
would you back them NOT to go up.

BRENTFORD on 17:21 - Jan 30 with 1477 viewsWegerles_Stairs

BRENTFORD on 17:14 - Jan 30 by qpr_1968

is there any stopping them?
would you back them NOT to go up.

The thing is, well as they're obviously playing, they're still not clear of their rivals. This season it looks like it'll be close at both ends. You'd imagine Norwich will go up and Wycombe go down but everything else is up for grabs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024