Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 69674 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 2495 viewsconnell10

BRENTFORD on 08:05 - Jul 19 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t find Switchingcode to be too bad at all as opposition fans go. I’d certainly be a bit tetchy if we’d had the weekend they’ve had.

And I’d probably be more inclined to post on a Brentford forum if we were a division above with a young team built for buttons. Doubt I’d last long admittedly even if I managed to get through the Pentagon-esque security of their forum.

Well I dont mind the Fulham fan who posts but this bloke just gets on my nerves!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BRENTFORD on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 2470 viewsisawqpratwcity

BRENTFORD on 12:48 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

If any club ownership is detached from the ups and downs of football and the bipolar moods of football fans I would have thought it's Brentford. This is from their Director of Football: "It is a low-scoring sport, so random events can have a big impact," Ankersen says. "The ball can take a deflection, the referee can make a mistake." Brentford are very much the exception here, as most owners are confirmed amateurs, muddling along, not knowing much.

London side Brentford FC are using data to rethink the usual football club model
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2017/02/so-much-table-never-lies-dat

"The small west London club sits safely in the top half of the second tier of English football — at least according to management’s own version of the league table, which is based on “deserved” rather than actual results. Officially, on 31 January, when we meet, the team is 15th of 24."

Yeah, we've had quite a few managers over the last few years who've also believed that we were performing much better than our league table position would seem to suggest.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

BRENTFORD on 13:36 - Jul 19 with 2437 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 12:43 - Jul 19 by Pommyhoop

Rrrrrwoooooww

😃👍correct I couldn’t resist though
BRENTFORD on 14:00 - Jul 19 with 2377 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 13:27 - Jul 19 by isawqpratwcity

"The small west London club sits safely in the top half of the second tier of English football — at least according to management’s own version of the league table, which is based on “deserved” rather than actual results. Officially, on 31 January, when we meet, the team is 15th of 24."

Yeah, we've had quite a few managers over the last few years who've also believed that we were performing much better than our league table position would seem to suggest.

Apart from small west London club the west London club could be questioned I don’t know what you are on about.We have finished top half for the last 6 seasons and since that interview while pocketing over 50 mill in transfers.Would add that Danish side Midtjylland who have won the superLiga again this year use the same initiatives as us who Rasmus is chairman and Benham owns.
I see some of your supporters posting about copying our model you can dislike our club I get that but trying to take the piss out of our set up is beyond belief.As far as the justice league goes something that Clive regularly rips the arse out of amusingly I would add (think it goes back to the Dean Smith days)is based on stats which is more accurate than when you listen to most managers after a game who both have a different take on who should have won.
BRENTFORD on 14:14 - Jul 19 with 2345 viewsTacticalR

BRENTFORD on 14:00 - Jul 19 by switchingcode

Apart from small west London club the west London club could be questioned I don’t know what you are on about.We have finished top half for the last 6 seasons and since that interview while pocketing over 50 mill in transfers.Would add that Danish side Midtjylland who have won the superLiga again this year use the same initiatives as us who Rasmus is chairman and Benham owns.
I see some of your supporters posting about copying our model you can dislike our club I get that but trying to take the piss out of our set up is beyond belief.As far as the justice league goes something that Clive regularly rips the arse out of amusingly I would add (think it goes back to the Dean Smith days)is based on stats which is more accurate than when you listen to most managers after a game who both have a different take on who should have won.

You've jumped in a bit quick there switchingcode. isawqpratwcity was merely quoting from that New Stateman article, the whole point of which is that Ankersen says the table can be misleading (the title of the article is 'So much for "the table never lies" — data unravels football’s biggest lie of all').

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 14:16 - Jul 19 with 2323 viewsflynnbo

BRENTFORD on 13:19 - Jul 19 by connell10

Well I dont mind the Fulham fan who posts but this bloke just gets on my nerves!

I refer you to the suggestion you gave me about that Russian But poster
BRENTFORD on 14:21 - Jul 19 with 2296 viewsisawqpratwcity

BRENTFORD on 14:00 - Jul 19 by switchingcode

Do you know how these threads work?

I was replying to something that TacticalR had posted. His post included a press report on the management of Brentford. I lifted a quote from there that suggested the possibility that management could be deluding themselves about the team's performance. I then made an ironic comparison to the delusional nature of some of our past managers. I never made any deprecating reference to Brentford (honestly, Brentford don't mean much to me, either good or bad).
Perhaps if you'd read the article TacticalR linked to...?

BRENTFORD on 14:25 - Jul 19 with 2272 viewsTacticalR

If we can have alternative facts, I don't see why we can't have alternative tables.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 14:29 - Jul 19 with 2243 viewsisawqpratwcity

BRENTFORD on 14:25 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

If we can have alternative facts, I don't see why we can't have alternative tables.

The end of the season can sometimes prove to be a bit problematic...

BRENTFORD on 14:29 - Jul 19 with 2243 viewsMickS

BRENTFORD on 14:25 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

The Villa manager has a couple.
BRENTFORD on 14:53 - Jul 19 with 2198 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 14:14 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

You've jumped in a bit quick there switchingcode. isawqpratwcity was merely quoting from that New Stateman article, the whole point of which is that Ankersen says the table can be misleading (the title of the article is 'So much for "the table never lies" — data unravels football’s biggest lie of all').

My apologies got wrong end of the stick there👍
BRENTFORD on 14:56 - Jul 19 with 2189 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 14:21 - Jul 19 by isawqpratwcity

Do you know how these threads work?

I was replying to something that TacticalR had posted. His post included a press report on the management of Brentford. I lifted a quote from there that suggested the possibility that management could be deluding themselves about the team's performance. I then made an ironic comparison to the delusional nature of some of our past managers. I never made any deprecating reference to Brentford (honestly, Brentford don't mean much to me, either good or bad).
Perhaps if you'd read the article TacticalR linked to...?

Yes l cocked up there apologies 👍
BRENTFORD on 17:00 - Jul 19 with 2089 views2Thomas2Bowles

Barnsley 1 Nottingham Forest 0

Now Brentford have a hard game

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BRENTFORD on 17:04 - Jul 19 with 2075 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BRENTFORD on 17:00 - Jul 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Barnsley 1 Nottingham Forest 0

Now Brentford have a hard game

Forest are doing their best to stay down.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BRENTFORD on 17:55 - Jul 19 with 1975 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 17:04 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Forest are doing their best to stay down.

Goal difference will keep them in play offs sadly.detest them
BRENTFORD on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 1969 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BRENTFORD on 17:55 - Jul 19 by switchingcode

Goal difference will keep them in play offs sadly.detest them

Ya, most likely.

A good friend of mine supports them so I try to pay attention to their fortunes. They're a bit of a basket case and I've no idea how they haven't failed FFP with 400 players on their books.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BRENTFORD on 18:03 - Jul 19 with 1948 viewsqprxtc

I used to post as an XTC alias on Griffin Park Grapenvine. All good until I got banned one time for saying QPR were top of the league and had they noticed.?

Touchy gits in Middlesex.

That Voice of the Braemer seems alright though. Edmundo not so much.

And Dave Lane is such a shortarse tgat short arses think is short and an arse.
BRENTFORD on 18:30 - Jul 19 with 1891 viewseastside_r

FWIW This is my take on Brentford.

Being from east London (obviously, other than in the throng at derby games) I don’t think I have ever met a Brentford fan to talk to.

When I briefly lived in west London (Ealing) closer to GP than LR early to mid-1990s, you mostly only saw Rangers colours and some Arsenal (who would have been the then glory-hunters choice — this being pre-Harding for the scum.) I am sure that there would have been Brentford fans around just not very much in evidence or making a lot of noise.

I would not even know what division they were then in, other than it was the same one as Orient. My mate the O very much saw Brentford as THEIR rivals. I suspect this was probably one-sided as I think Brentford mostly ‘hated’ (pre-Al-Fayed) Fulham.

So traditionally (for most people alive today) Brentford were not local rivals of QPR.

Much as we tease about postcodes, they actually mean little or nothing. If you are administratively in a London Borough then you are in the Greater London conurbation i.e. London. Middlesex hasn’t existed administratively for over 50 years.

We have been in the same division as this lot for many seasons recently and they are less than 4 miles away. So therefore, they must be local rivals — a bit deluded not to think so. Traditionally not, but NOW definitely.

I wish them the best of luck.

Nah — on second thoughts f*ck’em.
BRENTFORD on 18:50 - Jul 19 with 1837 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 18:03 - Jul 19 by qprxtc

I used to post as an XTC alias on Griffin Park Grapenvine. All good until I got banned one time for saying QPR were top of the league and had they noticed.?

Touchy gits in Middlesex.

That Voice of the Braemer seems alright though. Edmundo not so much.

And Dave Lane is such a shortarse tgat short arses think is short and an arse.

😂😂😂 Voice is a mate of mine he’s not alright
BRENTFORD on 19:02 - Jul 19 with 1811 viewsizlingtonhoop

BRENTFORD on 20:16 - Jul 18 by stowmarketrange

Middlesex is too rich a county not to have had a premier league team.

Nah mate.

Learn your history.

Chelsea, Fulham, Highbury, Tottenham and indeed Shepherds Bush, all historically Middlesex...

Edit:

Note: not the 'Cockney Boys' of Essex, who play in the 'London' Stadium....

Edit 2: In fact, when one thinks about it, five, and possibly six, is bloody good for any county!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 19:21]
BRENTFORD on 19:07 - Jul 19 with 1788 viewsrsonist

BRENTFORD on 17:58 - Jul 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, most likely.

A good friend of mine supports them so I try to pay attention to their fortunes. They're a bit of a basket case and I've no idea how they haven't failed FFP with 400 players on their books.

Tony Sopranopoulos shifting assets round his clubs helps.
BRENTFORD on 19:20 - Jul 19 with 1736 viewsTacticalR

BRENTFORD on 19:02 - Jul 19 by izlingtonhoop

Nah mate.

Learn your history.

Chelsea, Fulham, Highbury, Tottenham and indeed Shepherds Bush, all historically Middlesex...

Edit:

Edit 2: In fact, when one thinks about it, five, and possibly six, is bloody good for any county!

Is Middlesex a bit like Serbia, where nobody quite knows where the borders are?

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 19:21 - Jul 19 with 1726 viewsizlingtonhoop

BRENTFORD on 19:20 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

Is Middlesex a bit like Serbia, where nobody quite knows where the borders are?

No.

Unlike London, in fact...
BRENTFORD on 20:41 - Jul 19 with 1626 viewsstowmarketrange

BRENTFORD on 19:02 - Jul 19 by izlingtonhoop

Nah mate.

Learn your history.

Edit:

As an ex postman I always use the post office version of where places are now rather than historical borders,except when it suits me of course.
I was born in Battersea,or Surrey as I like to call it.Although the postcode is SW11,which as everyone knows is in SW London.If I was born in Croydon or Sutton,then I’d be more Surrey than London,as they haven’t got London postcodes.
The same principle applies north of the river,where London postal codes takes precedent over old middlesex boundaries in this day and age.
A few rural outposts like Brentford,Wembley and twickenham are still in Middlesex,despite being in a London borough.
BRENTFORD on 20:49 - Jul 19 with 1607 viewsqpr_1968

BRENTFORD on 20:41 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

As an ex postman I always use the post office version of where places are now rather than historical borders,except when it suits me of course.
I was born in Battersea,or Surrey as I like to call it.Although the postcode is SW11,which as everyone knows is in SW London.If I was born in Croydon or Sutton,then I’d be more Surrey than London,as they haven’t got London postcodes.
The same principle applies north of the river,where London postal codes takes precedent over old middlesex boundaries in this day and age.
A few rural outposts like Brentford,Wembley and twickenham are still in Middlesex,despite being in a London borough.

so brentford are carrott crunchers then.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024