Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 70564 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 2819 viewsqprxtc

BRENTFORD on 18:50 - Jul 19 by switchingcode

😂😂😂 Voice is a mate of mine he’s not alright

Never met the “Voice” personally but he come across funny and a bit mad. Met people in the Oak who know him and that’s good. Good bloody pubs in Brentford

Made a tit of myself after the last game at GP in the pub over the GWR. Think I insulted mr Lane . All my fault cause I’m a berk.

Got told off when I got home. And she didn’t know but just assumed. It’s like she knew.

Gadanga
BRENTFORD on 22:13 - Jul 19 with 2738 viewsizlingtonhoop

BRENTFORD on 20:41 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

As an ex postman I always use the post office version of where places are now rather than historical borders,except when it suits me of course.
I was born in Battersea,or Surrey as I like to call it.Although the postcode is SW11,which as everyone knows is in SW London.If I was born in Croydon or Sutton,then I’d be more Surrey than London,as they haven’t got London postcodes.
The same principle applies north of the river,where London postal codes takes precedent over old middlesex boundaries in this day and age.
A few rural outposts like Brentford,Wembley and twickenham are still in Middlesex,despite being in a London borough.

Sadly middlesex no longer exists.

So Twickenham, Staines, and Brentford aren't in it...
BRENTFORD on 22:53 - Jul 19 with 2668 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 21:19 - Jul 19 by qprxtc

Never met the “Voice” personally but he come across funny and a bit mad. Met people in the Oak who know him and that’s good. Good bloody pubs in Brentford

Made a tit of myself after the last game at GP in the pub over the GWR. Think I insulted mr Lane . All my fault cause I’m a berk.

Got told off when I got home. And she didn’t know but just assumed. It’s like she knew.

Gadanga

You were in the Globe I expect he drinks there.Great pubs in Brentford and over your manor shame about the Queen Adelaide closing
BRENTFORD on 22:58 - Jul 19 with 2648 viewsstowmarketrange

BRENTFORD on 22:13 - Jul 19 by izlingtonhoop

Sadly middlesex no longer exists.

So Twickenham, Staines, and Brentford aren't in it...

It does to the Royal Mail and that will do for me.If you address a letter to any of those towns,you normally put Middlesex underneath the town,so how it not exist?
BRENTFORD on 23:24 - Jul 19 with 2621 viewsizlingtonhoop

BRENTFORD on 22:58 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

It does to the Royal Mail and that will do for me.If you address a letter to any of those towns,you normally put Middlesex underneath the town,so how it not exist?

Go to bed
BRENTFORD on 23:27 - Jul 19 with 2615 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

BRENTFORD on 22:58 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

It's a postal district.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BRENTFORD on 23:45 - Jul 19 with 2573 viewsstowmarketrange

BRENTFORD on 23:27 - Jul 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

It's a postal district.

And a half decent county cricket team.
BRENTFORD on 02:13 - Jul 20 with 2507 viewsisawqpratwcity

BRENTFORD on 19:02 - Jul 19 by izlingtonhoop

Nah mate.

Learn your history.

Chelsea, Fulham, Highbury, Tottenham and indeed Shepherds Bush, all historically Middlesex...

Edit:

Note: not the 'Cockney Boys' of Essex, who play in the 'London' Stadium....

Edit 2: In fact, when one thinks about it, five, and possibly six, is bloody good for any county!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 19:21]

Ha! Never knew that all my local bits of London were all also Middlesex. They're described there as "Kensington Gravel Pits", which were presumably then used for the effluent from Mary's pig farms, the so-called "Oceans". (Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

I remember that my Dad told me that if he hadn't failed his National Service medical (deaf in one ear) that he'd have been in the Middlesex Regiment who apparently went on to have a fairly hard war in Korea.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 13:13 - Jul 20 with 2288 viewsTacticalR

@isawqpratwcity: 'the Middlesex Regiment who apparently went on to have a fairly hard war in Korea'

James Cameron of London's Picture Post wrote of the South Korean concentration camps in Busan in the late summer of 1950:

'I had seen Belsen, but this was worse. This terrible mob of men - convicted of nothing, un-tried, South Koreans in South Korea, suspected of being 'unreliable'. There were hundreds of them; they were skeletal, puppets of string, faces translucent grey, manacled to each other with chains, cringing in the classic Oriental attitude of subjection, the squatting foetal position, in piles of garbage ... Around this medievally gruesome market-place were gathered a few knots of American soldiers photographing the scene with casual industry ... I took my indignation to the [UN] Commission, who said very civilly: 'Most disturbing, yes; but remember these are Asian people, with different standards of behaviour... all very difficult.' It was supine and indefensible compromise. I boiled, and I do not boil easily. We recorded the situation meticulously, in words and photographs. Within the year it nearly cost me my job, and my magazine its existence.'

'After his sacking, MacArthur told the US Congress, 'The war in Korea has almost destroyed that nation. I have never seen such devastation. I have seen, I guess, as much blood and disaster as any living man, and it just curdled my stomach the last time I was there. After I looked at that wreckage and those thousands of women and children and everything, I vomited. If you go on indefinitely, you are perpetuating a slaughter such as I have never heard of in the history of mankind.' The devastation that MacArthur saw was a quarter of the way into the war - and not in the most shattered part of Korea.'

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/cumings1.html

All supported by the 'radical' 1945 Labour government that Owen Jones and Ken Loach are always going on about.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 13:13]

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 14:18 - Jul 20 with 2221 viewsisawqpratwcity

BRENTFORD on 13:13 - Jul 20 by TacticalR

@isawqpratwcity: 'the Middlesex Regiment who apparently went on to have a fairly hard war in Korea'

James Cameron of London's Picture Post wrote of the South Korean concentration camps in Busan in the late summer of 1950:

'I had seen Belsen, but this was worse. This terrible mob of men - convicted of nothing, un-tried, South Koreans in South Korea, suspected of being 'unreliable'. There were hundreds of them; they were skeletal, puppets of string, faces translucent grey, manacled to each other with chains, cringing in the classic Oriental attitude of subjection, the squatting foetal position, in piles of garbage ... Around this medievally gruesome market-place were gathered a few knots of American soldiers photographing the scene with casual industry ... I took my indignation to the [UN] Commission, who said very civilly: 'Most disturbing, yes; but remember these are Asian people, with different standards of behaviour... all very difficult.' It was supine and indefensible compromise. I boiled, and I do not boil easily. We recorded the situation meticulously, in words and photographs. Within the year it nearly cost me my job, and my magazine its existence.'

'After his sacking, MacArthur told the US Congress, 'The war in Korea has almost destroyed that nation. I have never seen such devastation. I have seen, I guess, as much blood and disaster as any living man, and it just curdled my stomach the last time I was there. After I looked at that wreckage and those thousands of women and children and everything, I vomited. If you go on indefinitely, you are perpetuating a slaughter such as I have never heard of in the history of mankind.' The devastation that MacArthur saw was a quarter of the way into the war - and not in the most shattered part of Korea.'

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/cumings1.html

All supported by the 'radical' 1945 Labour government that Owen Jones and Ken Loach are always going on about.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 13:13]

I was referring to the Middlesex Regiment copping a hiding off the Chinese, not Syngman Rhee's suppression of suspected insurgents, which had been going on for a while.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

BRENTFORD on 14:41 - Jul 20 with 2185 viewsdaveB

I don't think it matters too much if we try or not, even at our best I don't think we'd beat West Brom away but it's one of them where if West Brom assume they have done it now and don't score early we could sprint a surprise.

I'm a bit split on Brentford, i have mates who have supported them all their lives, they have always been alright about QPR and even went to the playoff final in Cardiff and were gutted for us, they deserve a bit of success. But the pettiness shown by old Gilham and the club in general refusing to spell the teams name correctly on tickets or even say our name at games means it will be hard not to laugh if we get nothing.

Saying all that they are bang in form and think they are the best side in the playoffs so they have nothing to fear if they don't get 2nd place.
BRENTFORD on 14:50 - Jul 20 with 2165 viewsfrancisbowles

BRENTFORD on 14:41 - Jul 20 by daveB

I don't think it matters too much if we try or not, even at our best I don't think we'd beat West Brom away but it's one of them where if West Brom assume they have done it now and don't score early we could sprint a surprise.

I'm a bit split on Brentford, i have mates who have supported them all their lives, they have always been alright about QPR and even went to the playoff final in Cardiff and were gutted for us, they deserve a bit of success. But the pettiness shown by old Gilham and the club in general refusing to spell the teams name correctly on tickets or even say our name at games means it will be hard not to laugh if we get nothing.

Saying all that they are bang in form and think they are the best side in the playoffs so they have nothing to fear if they don't get 2nd place.

I am not expecting us to win but as West Brom are ahead in the table, the pressure is on them as it was when they lost to Huddersfield on Friday. Brentford were then in the driving seat on Saturday and they failed against Stoke. Fulham with no pressure scored five and won.

Remember how we nearly pulled it off against City with ten men in 2012.

We have nothing to lose and can take the field with a bit of confidence after Saturday. If they score early though, that may be it. It could be a good open game.
BRENTFORD on 15:41 - Jul 20 with 2095 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 14:50 - Jul 20 by francisbowles

I am not expecting us to win but as West Brom are ahead in the table, the pressure is on them as it was when they lost to Huddersfield on Friday. Brentford were then in the driving seat on Saturday and they failed against Stoke. Fulham with no pressure scored five and won.

Remember how we nearly pulled it off against City with ten men in 2012.

We have nothing to lose and can take the field with a bit of confidence after Saturday. If they score early though, that may be it. It could be a good open game.

Expecting a West Brom win Brentford and Fulham defeats and the three west of London clubs to be battling it out in the championship next season.Hope im wrong
BRENTFORD on 15:46 - Jul 20 with 2070 viewsizlingtonhoop

BRENTFORD on 15:41 - Jul 20 by switchingcode

Expecting a West Brom win Brentford and Fulham defeats and the three west of London clubs to be battling it out in the championship next season.Hope im wrong

I suspect you first prediction is correct. But I soooo wanna see Chiles choking on humble pie...
BRENTFORD on 15:48 - Jul 20 with 2062 viewskensalriser

It would be surprising if neither Fulham nor Brentford go up, they're much better than Forest and whoever finishes 6th.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 15:49]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Jul 20 with 1952 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 15:48 - Jul 20 by kensalriser

It would be surprising if neither Fulham nor Brentford go up, they're much better than Forest and whoever finishes 6th.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 15:49]

Did you honestly think you were better than Derby when you went up?
Don’t work like that
BRENTFORD on 19:18 - Jul 20 with 1919 views2Thomas2Bowles

BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Jul 20 by switchingcode

Don’t work like that

Yes we defended better and scored.

They just had the ball a bit more.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BRENTFORD on 19:19 - Jul 20 with 1916 viewskensalriser

BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Jul 20 by switchingcode

Don’t work like that

If you want to pick that season, you're proving my point - Derby and QPR finished 3rd and 4th, considerably ahead of 5th and 6th, a very similar situation to Brentford and Fulham today.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BRENTFORD on 20:56 - Jul 20 with 1808 viewsqpr_1968

BRENTFORD on 19:19 - Jul 20 by kensalriser

If you want to pick that season, you're proving my point - Derby and QPR finished 3rd and 4th, considerably ahead of 5th and 6th, a very similar situation to Brentford and Fulham today.

we are qpr .
fuk brentford and fulham.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 23:28 - Jul 20 with 1712 viewsNortholt_Rs

BRENTFORD on 20:56 - Jul 20 by qpr_1968

we are qpr .
fuk brentford and fulham.

This....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

BRENTFORD on 09:13 - Jul 21 with 1562 viewsfrancisbowles

BRENTFORD on 15:41 - Jul 20 by switchingcode

I think you've had your defeat and will now start a new run of four wins. It must be your turn to succeed in the play offs.
BRENTFORD on 09:18 - Jul 21 with 1540 viewsSydneyRs

BRENTFORD on 19:18 - Jul 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yes we defended better and scored.

They just had the ball a bit more.

Not forgetting that there was very little between the sides before the red card.
BRENTFORD on 11:59 - Jul 21 with 1454 viewsTacticalR

BRENTFORD on 14:18 - Jul 20 by isawqpratwcity

I was referring to the Middlesex Regiment copping a hiding off the Chinese, not Syngman Rhee's suppression of suspected insurgents, which had been going on for a while.

My point was that the Korean war was devastating for the Korean population.

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 12:03 - Jul 21 with 1437 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 19:19 - Jul 20 by kensalriser

Just checked that out I thought that season you hit a bad run and just made the playoffs but yes you were comfortable 4th although did think you nicked it in the final but that’s the play offs
BRENTFORD on 12:18 - Jul 21 with 1391 viewsNorthernr

Better stick my head round the door, see how that Brentford thread is going...
Oh good, they're discussing the Korean War.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024