Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air Asia in financial trouble 07:06 - Jul 8 with 3781 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53331387

Not sure they'll be able to fund us every month to the tune of a million.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 07:48 - Jul 8 with 3691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, thankfully they're not our only investor.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Air Asia in financial trouble on 08:09 - Jul 8 with 3643 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think it is Total Soccer Growth (Ruben) that is pumping the money in each month.

The grass is always greener.

Air Asia in financial trouble on 10:38 - Jul 8 with 3365 viewsDannyPaddox

I haven’t had a Total Soccer Growth for a while now. Probably Zamora Day.
Air Asia in financial trouble on 10:45 - Jul 8 with 3343 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bribery scandal; the flight that crashed while AA had lost their licence to fly the route; and the much known financial plight of the airline pre-COVID, and then you throw QPR into the mix: he’s got his work cut out has TF.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 11:30 - Jul 8 with 3271 viewsLazyFan

AA won't survive. Debts outstrip Assets to an extent they are liabilities. No investor will take the risk on an uncertain market as Pandemic could strike, a new one in a years time and such an investment is a 10 year one. They are done just like Flybe.

Reubans biz is ports, they will be able to come back and quickly. Less flights means more shipping. Lucky again we are. Worst case is he sells us off as he needs cash fast and as we are in much better financial health anyone looking to buy a club would probably quite fancy us. Jeff Bezos perhaps?

zzzzzzzzzz

Air Asia in financial trouble on 11:49 - Jul 8 with 3221 viewsGloucs_R

I don't see how TF can help with the funding...?

Ruben, I understand.

Mittal family at 3% is nothing.

So TF is the shareholder of concern

Poll: Are we staying up?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 12:39 - Jul 8 with 3151 viewsPinnerPaul

Impossible to sort out Air Asia/Tune Group/TF personal money on here so I'm not going to bother!
Air Asia in financial trouble on 12:43 - Jul 8 with 3134 viewspaulparker

Air Asia in financial trouble on 11:49 - Jul 8 by Gloucs_R

I don't see how TF can help with the funding...?

Ruben, I understand.

Mittal family at 3% is nothing.

So TF is the shareholder of concern

Unless TF sells his shares to Amit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Air Asia in financial trouble on 13:16 - Jul 8 with 3066 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think they change their share percentages depending on how much they put in. So if TF doesn't put in money for day-to-day costs for a while or for the new training ground his percentage will automatically decrease while the other owners's shares will increase.

Air Asia in financial trouble on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 3014 viewsisawqpratwcity

Air Asia in financial trouble on 13:16 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I think they change their share percentages depending on how much they put in. So if TF doesn't put in money for day-to-day costs for a while or for the new training ground his percentage will automatically decrease while the other owners's shares will increase.

Fair comment, though TF must be wondering how the hell anybody can can feel anything but OMG despair for airlines for at least a year or more. More flush governments are giving some backing to national carriers, but I don't think AA qualifies on that score.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 16:10 - Jul 8 with 2896 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Air Asia in financial trouble on 13:46 - Jul 8 by isawqpratwcity

Fair comment, though TF must be wondering how the hell anybody can can feel anything but OMG despair for airlines for at least a year or more. More flush governments are giving some backing to national carriers, but I don't think AA qualifies on that score.

As a heavy user of the air industry, I find many of them are just rip-off merchants and I have no sympathy for them. If you’ve ever had an issue with AA, good luck getting any where with them.

The bigger fear however, less completion means the ones left will extract the urine even more.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 02:21 - Jul 9 with 2661 viewsisawqpratwcity

Air Asia in financial trouble on 16:10 - Jul 8 by PlanetHonneywood

As a heavy user of the air industry, I find many of them are just rip-off merchants and I have no sympathy for them. If you’ve ever had an issue with AA, good luck getting any where with them.

The bigger fear however, less completion means the ones left will extract the urine even more.

I'm making no recommendations for AA. What I'm saying is that Tony must be thinking his options for continuing income are, frankly, f*cked and wondering what he has to do to survive. Getting out of QPR and getting a fire-sale price off Ruben or the Mittals (or anyone seriously silly enough to invest in something as frivolous as a football club at a time like this) might tide him over for a while.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 07:54 - Jul 9 with 2506 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tune Group own 46% of Rangers.
I'm not sure how much of Tune Group is owned by Fernandes.

Might be small enough?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 08:15 - Jul 9 with 2471 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not sure TF's wealth exactly but werent LM and RG far richer.

Wasnt TF - to some degree always financially much less involved?

Or am I missing something?

Either way if TF needs to sell fast Amit (LM) or RG would be in a strong bargaining position if they wanted to remove him from the club I guess.
Air Asia in financial trouble on 08:20 - Jul 9 with 2458 viewsTheChef

Anyone know what the current breakdown is by shareholder? I've lost track - Ruben is the current majority shareholder?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Air Asia in financial trouble on 08:30 - Jul 9 with 2441 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes I think so, with LM having (I believe) the lowest at this time, however I'm not sure how much cash TF himself was ever been putting in, with some saying RG was the main man who'd funded things, whilst TF was the public man/face.

Till it became ovbious someone else fronting things such as Amit worked better in many ways.
Air Asia in financial trouble on 19:00 - Jul 10 with 2242 views08olesen

Hopefully this provides an opportunity for LM and Amit to purchase TF's shares.

On another note, hope the business survives and the Air Asian employees keep their jobs at this tough time.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Air Asia in financial trouble on 19:33 - Jul 10 with 2208 viewsbarbicanranger

Isn't AirAsia a listed business? Thus, assuming no debts are owed to Tony his only risk is the value of shares and the amount of shares he currently has, which might not be that many - at present, he is simply CEO of the company. He probably made his cheddar when he took it from private to listed status. Sure some of his wealth is tied up in it but maybe not a significant amount.
Air Asia in financial trouble on 19:48 - Jul 10 with 2181 viewskensalriser

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the Mittals would be at all interested in increasing their stake when they have been purposefully reducing it by being diluted every time other shareholders put in fresh funding that is converted to equity.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024