Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 16:39 - Jul 11 with 4721 viewsconnell10

Please do not play him ever again .
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 17:00]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Amos on 16:50 - Jul 11 with 2886 viewsStanisgod

Just bottled it in midfield again.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Amos on 17:01 - Jul 11 with 2837 viewsconnell10

Amos on 16:50 - Jul 11 by Stanisgod

Yep weak as piss.

Amos on 17:01 - Jul 11 with 2836 viewsqprd

Amos on 16:50 - Jul 11 by Stanisgod

Comms team hinted that there wasn’t enough movement in front of him

I’m not buying that at all ... he’s dropping deep and collecting the balls in non dangerous areas with bad body shap.... his first instinct is always backwards or sideways, and he only seems comfortable passing forward when he has a lot of time and space

Did the comms team consider how his lack of forward intent has lulled players like Oteh to sleep... why even bother making a run if you’re never going to get it?

As a separate issue, I’ve watched most of Amos minutes this year and I have yet to see him slide tackle even one f***king time. I’m sorry, no more . Play bettache, play chair deeper.... he’s just killing this team

And not to single him out bc a number of others should be embarrassed with their performances today- manning, Eze to name but a few
Amos on 17:12 - Jul 11 with 2767 views08olesen

Add Jack Clarke to the list.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Amos on 17:14 - Jul 11 with 2752 viewsMedwayR

He’s done very little all season, I just don’t see the point of him, he’s like a combination of all the worst parts of Jermain Jenas and Tom Carroll who were invisible at best themselves.

Poll: Who’s better?

Amos on 17:18 - Jul 11 with 2722 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I have a funny feeling he'll be here next season. On a permanent.
Amos on 17:20 - Jul 11 with 2679 viewsNortholt_Rs

Amos on 17:18 - Jul 11 by EmpireStateRanger

I have a funny feeling he'll be here next season. On a permanent.

As a part-ex for Eze....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Amos on 19:36 - Jul 11 with 2475 viewswelwynranger

I dont know what happened to him. I was at Reading, although the game was awful and the Rs never looked like getting anything out of it. IMO Amos was the best player on the pitch. He ran the midfield and never failed to make the right pass.
But since then he has been dismal. Weak on the ball and his passing has deserte
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 19:37 - Jul 11 with 2471 viewswelwynranger

I dont know what happened to him. I was at Reading, although the game was awful and the Rs never looked like getting anything out of it. IMO Amos was the best player on the pitch. He ran the midfield and never failed to make the right pass.
But since then he has been dismal. Weak on the ball and his passing ability has deserted him
Amos on 19:42 - Jul 11 with 2443 viewswelwynranger

Sorry about the double post it's been a bad day
Amos on 19:46 - Jul 11 with 2422 viewsDWQPR

To me the biggest problem we have is Eze at the moment. It seems that all the plaudits he was receiving during lockdown has gone to his head and he thinks he can stroll around the pitch doing nothing. I’d drop him for the final few games and give Chair a final run for the season which he deserves. Overall though pretty much the whole team have stopped doing what they were doing well during the season. On a positive though is that Kakay has taken his opportunity well and Lumley despite the woeful defending in front of him looks back to his best. We certainly are missing Hall as a captain, Barbet isn’t a leader at all. I have a funny feeling once Hall and his agent realise that the big bucks ain’t out there he’ll be knocking at the door again.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Amos on 20:22 - Jul 11 with 2339 viewsdavman

Amos on 19:46 - Jul 11 by DWQPR

To me the biggest problem we have is Eze at the moment. It seems that all the plaudits he was receiving during lockdown has gone to his head and he thinks he can stroll around the pitch doing nothing. I’d drop him for the final few games and give Chair a final run for the season which he deserves. Overall though pretty much the whole team have stopped doing what they were doing well during the season. On a positive though is that Kakay has taken his opportunity well and Lumley despite the woeful defending in front of him looks back to his best. We certainly are missing Hall as a captain, Barbet isn’t a leader at all. I have a funny feeling once Hall and his agent realise that the big bucks ain’t out there he’ll be knocking at the door again.

He won't. At least 15 clubs will offer him more than we would. The fall from the Prem, FFP and C-19 is death by a thousand cuts for our lil' club. I really fear for us in the next couple of seasons.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amos on 20:57 - Jul 11 with 2248 viewsRangersDave

Is he pulling pints in the Woolpack still?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Amos on 21:21 - Jul 11 with 2162 viewsQPROslo

I agree with Warburton - thought Amos, Kakay and Lumley all did ok today. Most of the rest played well below what they are capable of. Wide men BOS and Shodipo have some excuse as they are so clearly out of position played as front men. Amos won the ball and distributed it fairly well, while Eze, Cameron, Barbet, Manning and Ball's passing was frequently atrocious. Hope they all get some rest before Tuesday, because so many today played like they were well hungover. And that's being charitable.
Amos on 23:00 - Jul 11 with 2020 viewsconnell10

Amos on 21:21 - Jul 11 by QPROslo

I agree with Warburton - thought Amos, Kakay and Lumley all did ok today. Most of the rest played well below what they are capable of. Wide men BOS and Shodipo have some excuse as they are so clearly out of position played as front men. Amos won the ball and distributed it fairly well, while Eze, Cameron, Barbet, Manning and Ball's passing was frequently atrocious. Hope they all get some rest before Tuesday, because so many today played like they were well hungover. And that's being charitable.

Mate I'd agree with you on osman and Joe but to me Amos was utter shite! Send him back ASAP.

Amos on 05:20 - Jul 12 with 1874 viewsjoolsyp

I also thought Amos did ok today - he certainly didn't hide as he's sometimes guilty of doing. Yes he was guilty of giving the ball away a number of times but really nobody was giving him an angle and they were doubling up on Eze and BOS. He needs to play alongside a really strong experienced CM, (I liked Morsey from Wigan). Ball and Amos just don't work and big Geoff while he brings much to the dressing room will be a bit-part player next year. Amos will get better under the right guidance and coaching setup. I suspect like others have said that he will be a makeweight in any deal for Ebs.
Amos on 05:46 - Jul 12 with 1858 viewsnix

I just suspect that Ball and Amos aren't working hard enough. It's what is often going on when you notice that teams are getting through your defence really easily and when there's so much space as keeps happening with us in the last few matches. Also our attacking midfielders are having to go so deep to get the ball which is why Eze looks like he's being ineffective as he's not getting the ball in the right place to really do his best work. It's the unseen stuff, like closing down space and tackling that Luongo was so good at and wasn't really given credit for.

When we do get the ball in midfield there are too many misplaced passes even when players have been in position. The ball is behind them or too far in front or telegraphed so the opposition intercepts. I don't think our players were fit enough during lockdown, which i think was why Hoos wanted extra time before the restart.

On this showing I wouldn't want Amos. He doesn't seem like he'd put himself on the line for the team. In a club like ours we need that.
Amos on 08:24 - Jul 12 with 1740 viewsFrankRightguard

Amos on 19:46 - Jul 11 by DWQPR

If he does knock then I hope we hide behind the sofa. Had his chance, didn’t want it. Dropped us in it. Cheers skipper.
Amos on 10:17 - Jul 12 with 1510 viewsEsox_Lucius

Amos was probably 3rd or 4th best for us today. What he lacked is movement in front of him. It was noticeably absent yesterday and in the last game. I know he is a loanee, but a witch hunt against him? Really? We are better than this. For a side that was assembled for nothing but wages, most of which are among the lowest in the division, it is surprising that we haven't been circling around the drain all season. For all the undoubted negatives to be found in the side, the defence coaching being something that needs seriously addressing, there have been so many real positives, positives that have had fair minded fans stating that it has been the most enjoyable team to watch for many a season. This isn't the team that Venables got promoted, it isn't the side that Smith got to Wembley, it isn't the side that Colin got promoted and thank f ück it isn't the side that candleface assembled so stop comparing and basing expectations based on history. We are where we are and if obtaining a solid financial base by shunning ambition for a few seasons means that we still have a club in 5-10 years then I'll suck it up. Years ago we used to have a song "Whatever the season..." which is no longer sung, is it because it is now "Whatever the season we'll follow our team (as long as we are winning)?"

The grass is always greener.

Amos on 10:23 - Jul 12 with 1496 viewsWatford_Ranger

Amos on 10:17 - Jul 12 by Esox_Lucius

Amos was probably 3rd or 4th best for us today. What he lacked is movement in front of him. It was noticeably absent yesterday and in the last game. I know he is a loanee, but a witch hunt against him? Really? We are better than this. For a side that was assembled for nothing but wages, most of which are among the lowest in the division, it is surprising that we haven't been circling around the drain all season. For all the undoubted negatives to be found in the side, the defence coaching being something that needs seriously addressing, there have been so many real positives, positives that have had fair minded fans stating that it has been the most enjoyable team to watch for many a season. This isn't the team that Venables got promoted, it isn't the side that Smith got to Wembley, it isn't the side that Colin got promoted and thank f ück it isn't the side that candleface assembled so stop comparing and basing expectations based on history. We are where we are and if obtaining a solid financial base by shunning ambition for a few seasons means that we still have a club in 5-10 years then I'll suck it up. Years ago we used to have a song "Whatever the season..." which is no longer sung, is it because it is now "Whatever the season we'll follow our team (as long as we are winning)?"

It’s probably not the most appropriate game to lay into him for but he’s been incredibly disappointing this season after looking the business on the first day at Stoke. Worth it maybe if we’re developing one of our own especially now with nothing to play for but if we aren’t signing him then I don’t see the point of him being out there apart from to make the numbers up and if we are then the staff are seeing something in him that I can’t. Appreciate he’s had injuries but he’s 23 and hasn’t shown a lot to suggest he’s up to this level week in week out.
Amos on 10:24 - Jul 12 with 1491 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd agree with all of that except that Cameron was better than he had been in the previous game. I think we need to start Masterson again and move Cameron into defensive midfield again.

Btw, not aimed at you Oslo, Amos did tackle today and was on the whole ok.
Amos on 10:31 - Jul 12 with 1458 viewsdavman

Amos on 10:24 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

I'd agree with all of that except that Cameron was better than he had been in the previous game. I think we need to start Masterson again and move Cameron into defensive midfield again.

Agree with the line on Cameron, but not Amos. He improved in the last third of the match after Ball went off and looked for the ball, but his tackling is abysmal at best, normally non-existent.

A typical academy schooled player.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amos on 10:48 - Jul 12 with 1412 viewsQPROslo

Amos on 10:24 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

I thought Cameron was better than at Wigan too. He defends well enough, but his distribution especially since the restart has been poor. He usually looks better in defensive midfield to me.
Amos on 10:50 - Jul 12 with 1404 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amos on 10:48 - Jul 12 by QPROslo

I thought Cameron was better than at Wigan too. He defends well enough, but his distribution especially since the restart has been poor. He usually looks better in defensive midfield to me.

Agree with all that. He's fighting fatigue too, maybe. Lot of games with little rest and recuperation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amos on 10:52 - Jul 12 with 1401 viewsnix

'A typical academy schooled player'.

I do think that's the problem with players who haven't had to be hungry in the lower leagues. The very best of them have all the qualities, including the desire, but there are quite a few that lack the fight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024