Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats ya lot . Match thread. 12:44 - Jul 13 with 24854 viewsconnell10

Started nice and early to avoid the rush . 2-0 Luton. No show from Rangers again I think

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:19 - Jul 14 with 1388 viewsVancouverHoop

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:15 - Jul 14 by NorthantsHoop

Yes a better 2nd half. Eze seemed much more comfortable in the free role he was given. Think Masterson slotted in well, I like him, tries to get the ball forward and his defending is improving. Lumley has also got his confidence back, making some fine saves. Kakay doing well, can defend and improving game by game.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 22:16]

Yeah. The (only) positive to come out of this restart period is the emergence of Kakay as a bona fide right back. He'll need to be too if Angel's career is done and dusted, as I don't fancy Kane in that spot even if he does stay.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:24 - Jul 14 with 1345 viewsloftus77

Got to say, well done the Rs - much better in the second half with real belief returning..

No doubt now, the 2019-20 season is finally over with 2 end-of-season friendlies to come.

I know there's been a lot of gnashing of teeth on here in recent weeks - with some justification. I think the way for the whole club and support to look at at is to really convince ourselves that the season ended at Deepdale in March. The last month has been a complete unprecedented aberration for us all - let's expunge it from our history. It never happened, it was a one-off which we could not have foreseen and it's irrelevant to our future.

Let's take all the good things this team achieved this season (from Aug to Mar) into 2020/21.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:28 - Jul 14 with 1314 viewsNorthernr

That was better. When BOS and Eze are interested and playing in the final third of the pitch we're dangerous. If Hugill had been playing tonight we'd have won quite comfortably I think, particularly with the Tony Roberts tribute act in goal.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:32 - Jul 14 with 1289 viewsquickpassrotter

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:28 - Jul 14 by Northernr

That was better. When BOS and Eze are interested and playing in the final third of the pitch we're dangerous. If Hugill had been playing tonight we'd have won quite comfortably I think, particularly with the Tony Roberts tribute act in goal.

''particularly with the Tony Roberts tribute act in goal''.
A bit harsh that Clive. haha !
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:37 - Jul 14 with 1230 viewslongbottom

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:24 - Jul 14 by loftus77

Got to say, well done the Rs - much better in the second half with real belief returning..

No doubt now, the 2019-20 season is finally over with 2 end-of-season friendlies to come.

I know there's been a lot of gnashing of teeth on here in recent weeks - with some justification. I think the way for the whole club and support to look at at is to really convince ourselves that the season ended at Deepdale in March. The last month has been a complete unprecedented aberration for us all - let's expunge it from our history. It never happened, it was a one-off which we could not have foreseen and it's irrelevant to our future.

Let's take all the good things this team achieved this season (from Aug to Mar) into 2020/21.

Excellent post.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 1219 viewscharmr

I have always thought this and wondered if others ever thought the same, I can’t remember Tony Roberts ever making a save.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 1164 viewsManinBlack

First time we have managed to get level after falling behind in an empty ground so one positive. We should have won but could have lost if Lumley didn't make that late save.

Could turn out to be a big point for Luton with shell shocked Hull and nothing to play for Blackburn their last two games.

Even if Wigan got deducted 12 points now they would still be outside the bottom three with the better goal difference.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:50 - Jul 14 with 1114 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 20:26 - Jul 14 by joolsyp

If Ball is a Championship footballer I'm the next POTUS.

Thank God Trump's gone, for today at least!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:51 - Jul 14 with 1103 viewsisawqpratwcity

Now, absolutely nothing to play for...when does the next season start?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:57 - Jul 14 with 1065 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:28 - Jul 14 by Northernr

Yet it was Eze dropping deep that set up the goal!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 09:01 - Jul 15 with 818 viewsMickS

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:57 - Jul 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Yet it was Eze dropping deep that set up the goal!

A lovely cushioned (football word) header to get the ball away. Classy.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:07 - Jul 15 with 738 viewsHarbour

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 13:53 - Jul 14 by Harbour

A surprising but disappointing 1-1 draw for all concerned...this time next week it will nearly be over

Even game we could have won it they also had chances a bit more entertaining than expected and big improvement on last Saturday well done R’s
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:14 - Jul 15 with 725 viewsTW_R

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 21:57 - Jul 14 by Benny_the_Ball

After recent displays and results, I'll take a draw. Whilst it's obviously great to win, avoiding defeat can bring a measure of success. Millwall and Swansea are both vying for the play-offs having won just one more game than QPR. The key is that they've lost far fewer; QPR have racked up as many defeats as bottom side Barnsley. The initial objective for next season must be to become harder to beat (our defence in particular is too porous). Once that foundation is in place, you can allow flair players to express themselves.

Our defence has been shocking. Third worst in the league and conceded more than Barnsley.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 17:18 - Jul 15 with 578 viewsPinnerPaul

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 22:12 - Jul 14 by Lblock

Better but only in the way that your first solid turd is a relief after a right dose of the runs following 14 pints of Guinness and a Chicken Madras.
Tuesday home drinking isn’t for me either

Manning’s flip in form is absolutely amazing and I now sort of hope a few was agreed pre Lockdown as currently I wouldn’t give you two bob and a conker for him.
Oteh looks way out of his depth so the Lord himself knows how we’re going to get to let’s say 30 goals scored next season and without BOS do we really have an incisive attacking threat?

Another bit of root and branch surgery needed and I’m questioning if Warbler has the minerals for it.

SAID WE ARE STAYING UP

(Soft party blower and popper effects in background)

No player in the Championship has more than 25 goals so a TAD?????? harsh expecting Oteh to get 30 - no?
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 17:22 - Jul 15 with 568 viewsPinnerPaul

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 17:18 - Jul 15 by PinnerPaul

No player in the Championship has more than 25 goals so a TAD?????? harsh expecting Oteh to get 30 - no?

Sorry L - you meant the team getting to 30 - still a tad pessimistic given our total this year.

I see you've moved from the' we will get relegated' to the 'when will we sign a striker' nice and early this year!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024