Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill 14:29 - Jul 14 with 940 viewsBlackCrowe

So i'm look for some ibiza style lounge to lessen my reliance on Moon Safari. Suggested toons greatfully received.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 15:13 - Jul 14 with 918 viewsLimehouseR

I could be completely wrong for what you are actually after but try...

Mark Barrott - Sketches From An Island (I think there are 3 editions)
He also has an album called 'Chilled Ibiza Lounge' which describes your needs!

Balearic (compilation) - (Again, I think there are 4 editions over the years)

Smith and Mudd - Blue River

If you want something a bit more vocal orientated and similar-is to Air try Zero 7. Their first three albums Simple Things, When It Falls and The Garden have some great tracks across them.

Hope this helps!
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 15:17 - Jul 14 with 914 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This could be a good thread mate.

Moon Safari is a great album. For starters I would suggest Thievery Corporation.

And Zero 7s first album Simple Things is packed full of great tunes
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 15:21 - Jul 14 with 909 viewseghamranger

Radio station ‘ smooth chill’

Very relaxing
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 15:23 - Jul 14 with 907 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 15:13 - Jul 14 by LimehouseR

I could be completely wrong for what you are actually after but try...

Mark Barrott - Sketches From An Island (I think there are 3 editions)
He also has an album called 'Chilled Ibiza Lounge' which describes your needs!

Balearic (compilation) - (Again, I think there are 4 editions over the years)

Smith and Mudd - Blue River

If you want something a bit more vocal orientated and similar-is to Air try Zero 7. Their first three albums Simple Things, When It Falls and The Garden have some great tracks across them.

Hope this helps!

Great Minds eh!!!

I have that Smith and Mudd album as well. I first heard a track of theirs on a Sunday Best compilation (that was a great label for this sort of stuff)

Some of the best Chillout albums I have are a series called Real Ibiza. There were about 8 of them and they are all excellent. Also anything by Chris Coco and Phil Mison did a series of compilations called Soundcolors.
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 19:01 - Jul 14 with 873 viewsOutWestR

Always happy contributing to a music thread!

The Cafe del Mar compilations that Jose Padilla did for React records are good (the first three at least).

The first Spiritually Ibiza album was pretty good. Phil Mison did one on x:press records, called Chillout The Album, which was excellent.

The Thievery Corporation mix for DJ Kicks, the first Lemon Jelly LP and some of the Late Night Tales mixes are good.

Also the Quiet Village record from a few years back.

Nightmares on Wax released a good mix for Back to Mine last year that I really enjoyed.

I could go on...
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 08:51 - Jul 15 with 824 viewsBlackCrowe

Thanks all. Plenty to start curating a playlist creation.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 11:06 - Jul 15 with 795 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 19:01 - Jul 14 by OutWestR

Always happy contributing to a music thread!

The Cafe del Mar compilations that Jose Padilla did for React records are good (the first three at least).

The first Spiritually Ibiza album was pretty good. Phil Mison did one on x:press records, called Chillout The Album, which was excellent.

The Thievery Corporation mix for DJ Kicks, the first Lemon Jelly LP and some of the Late Night Tales mixes are good.

Also the Quiet Village record from a few years back.

Nightmares on Wax released a good mix for Back to Mine last year that I really enjoyed.

I could go on...

Some good selections there mate.

I have a load of those Back to Mine/DJ Kicks/Late Night Tales comps. They are a great source of material that sends you off in tangents.

Not enough hours in the day are there?
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 13:51 - Jul 15 with 780 viewswestberksr

I'd also look at the Nightmares On Wax albums; not strictly 'Ibiza' but certainly for 'smokers' & those 2 aren't far from each other

also on a chilled electronic theme in addition to the zero 7 etc you could look at John Hopkins, George Fitzgerald & Four Tet, St Germain...

depends how far you want to expand the 'chilled' to

... happy hunting
Login to get fewer ads

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:11 - Jul 15 with 775 viewslondonscottish

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 11:06 - Jul 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Some good selections there mate.

I have a load of those Back to Mine/DJ Kicks/Late Night Tales comps. They are a great source of material that sends you off in tangents.

Not enough hours in the day are there?

They're great, aren't they?

I often listen to Blank & Jones playlists on Spotify.

B&J Spotify Radio to.

Have recently started listening to Zero 7 playlists and radio too.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:13 - Jul 15 with 771 viewsFredManRave

When you say Ibiza Chill, is that with or without 👜 ?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:28 - Jul 15 with 763 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:13 - Jul 15 by FredManRave

Without.

Obvs.
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:28 - Jul 15 with 762 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:11 - Jul 15 by londonscottish

They're great, aren't they?

I often listen to Blank & Jones playlists on Spotify.

B&J Spotify Radio to.

Have recently started listening to Zero 7 playlists and radio too.

I've not heard of that. I'll give it a go.
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 16:22 - Jul 15 with 734 viewswestberksr

Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 14:13 - Jul 15 by FredManRave

that's for later in the day; post sunset at Mambos
Oh god not another music thread - ibiza chill on 19:04 - Jul 15 with 706 viewsE17hoop

Have a look here for a bunch of options:
Chill Music by BrianMcCarthy 11 Jul 2020 17:34
Love this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIbzH65zSdg

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024