Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive Tyldesley Upset 17:59 - Jul 14 with 4078 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53404899

Not as upset as I am whenever I have to listen to the crap he spouts. Having said that, he was never as bad as ITV's other stalwart commentator, Peter Dreary.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 09:32 - Jul 15 with 1199 viewsngbqpr

Matterface goes full Partridge

https://m.soundcloud.com/nic-english/sam-matterface-goes-full-alan-partridge

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:10 - Jul 15 with 1126 viewsClive_Anderson

BBC 5 Live seems to have gone the full hilarious matey banter route, it makes Talksport sound like a 1920s Pathe real. You can tell the older commentators hate Chris Sutton's "jokes". I fcking hate it.

Flicking from Test Match Special to the football commentary last week was like having your IQ reduced 70 points.

What was wrong with their old style coverage exactly?
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:15 - Jul 15 with 1121 viewsNorthernr

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:10 - Jul 15 by Clive_Anderson

BBC 5 Live seems to have gone the full hilarious matey banter route, it makes Talksport sound like a 1920s Pathe real. You can tell the older commentators hate Chris Sutton's "jokes". I fcking hate it.

Flicking from Test Match Special to the football commentary last week was like having your IQ reduced 70 points.

What was wrong with their old style coverage exactly?

Yeh they've deliberately tried to skew younger with things like The Squad. Lot of established names like Lysaght, Ingham and others have been shuffled off to the side. I used to listen all the time and now find vast swathes of its schedule just utterly unlistenable, and I'm not exactly old at 35. Apart from Kermode on a Friday I never have it on any more.

Sutton and Savage are an immediate off button for a start.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:24 - Jul 15 with 1098 viewsClive_Anderson

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:15 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Yeh they've deliberately tried to skew younger with things like The Squad. Lot of established names like Lysaght, Ingham and others have been shuffled off to the side. I used to listen all the time and now find vast swathes of its schedule just utterly unlistenable, and I'm not exactly old at 35. Apart from Kermode on a Friday I never have it on any more.

Simon Mayo is ok if he's still on there too, but otherwise yeah what the fck are they playing at? It's a sports channel, so supposed to be for everyone, not aimed at only one demographic. And I'm not convinced young people appreciate the unfunny bantz anyway.

I'd forgotten about Savage because as you say the radio goes off immediately you hear his voice. It's like they are playing the test card sound...simply time to stop listening.

Sutton might be ok if they told him to stop with the crappy banter, but I suspect they are egging him on to be as much of a twt as possible.

I just checked and Mayo left in 2009 ha ha.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:26 - Jul 15 with 1095 viewsNorthernr

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:24 - Jul 15 by Clive_Anderson

Simon Mayo is ok if he's still on there too, but otherwise yeah what the fck are they playing at? It's a sports channel, so supposed to be for everyone, not aimed at only one demographic. And I'm not convinced young people appreciate the unfunny bantz anyway.

I'd forgotten about Savage because as you say the radio goes off immediately you hear his voice. It's like they are playing the test card sound...simply time to stop listening.

Sutton might be ok if they told him to stop with the crappy banter, but I suspect they are egging him on to be as much of a twt as possible.

I just checked and Mayo left in 2009 ha ha.

Mayo still does the films on Friday with kermode, which like I say is now the only thing I listen to on there. Even they can be a bit cliquey and in-jokes at times now but still brilliant overall.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:34 - Jul 15 with 1082 viewsClive_Anderson

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:26 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Mayo still does the films on Friday with kermode, which like I say is now the only thing I listen to on there. Even they can be a bit cliquey and in-jokes at times now but still brilliant overall.

Well it's not difficult is it? Get some people who are intelligent, know their subject and have interesting things to say.

Instead they decide to employ Robbie Savage.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 12:43 - Jul 15 with 1038 viewsBklynRanger

"I'm not making a statement or anything like that" - 2 minutes into his statement
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 04:41 - Jul 16 with 933 viewsDevon_4_England

Can’t stand his commentary.

He’s had a good run - stop whining, life’s shit for many people right now.
Login to get fewer ads

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:43 - Jul 16 with 883 viewsBlackCrowe

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 11:15 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Same. 5Live used to get about 90% of my radio listening in an average week, it now gets about 10%. Completely dumbed down, clickbait equivalent of radio. In fact it's easy to understand the #defundthebbc movement that appears to be gathering pace - it's just banal fodder to suit their own agenda now. Doesn't even pretend otherwise.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 09:18 - Jul 16 with 864 viewsMonahoop

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:39 - Jul 14 by Guppy

Just get rid of all the commentators and the so called analysts and just have the game with the crowd noise - the vast majority of fans will be able to tell if the game is any good or not

Agree. Watching or listening to football was ok back in the day until someone thought it was a good idea to throw in a co-commentator and add self congratulatory, opinionated analysists.
I blame that bloke with the big chin and silly little beard, what's his name...Jimmy Hill. He started the rot.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 13:54 - Jul 17 with 728 viewsMickS

Clive T should get a dog.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 01:43 - Jul 18 with 660 viewskarl

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 13:54 - Jul 17 by MickS

Clive T should get a dog.

Called Sam...
Poor little beggar getting a swift kick up the arse while old Clive volleys to 'ROONEY AT THE BACK POST'!!!!
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 01:52 - Jul 18 with 657 viewsqprxtc

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024