Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive Tyldesley Upset 17:59 - Jul 14 with 4076 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53404899

Not as upset as I am whenever I have to listen to the crap he spouts. Having said that, he was never as bad as ITV's other stalwart commentator, Peter Dreary.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:05 - Jul 14 with 2831 viewsClive_Anderson

Surprised he didn't manage to shoehorn in a reference to Man Utd while complaining.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:06 - Jul 14 with 2826 viewsqprxtc

I’m not a fan of Clive. But Sam Splatterarse is a f ucking dull, monotonous, brown wallpaper, inconsequential, corporate, brain dead, bottom of the rung, uninspiring, bombastic, pompous, dry retching heap of dried up scrotums.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:12 - Jul 14 with 2800 viewsTeddRanger

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:06 - Jul 14 by qprxtc

I’m not a fan of Clive. But Sam Splatterarse is a f ucking dull, monotonous, brown wallpaper, inconsequential, corporate, brain dead, bottom of the rung, uninspiring, bombastic, pompous, dry retching heap of dried up scrotums.

..who supports the scum
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:23 - Jul 14 with 2767 viewsQPRSteve

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:12 - Jul 14 by TeddRanger

..who supports the scum

You would think it would be a prerequisite of the job that you knew something about football.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:39 - Jul 14 with 2727 viewsGuppy

Just get rid of all the commentators and the so called analysts and just have the game with the crowd noise - the vast majority of fans will be able to tell if the game is any good or not
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:42 - Jul 14 with 2713 viewsMickS

Peter Drury. Oh my poor ears. More in 90 or so minutes than I manage in a week.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:55 - Jul 14 with 2685 viewsBlackCrowe

Thank god that...can stand Tyldesley's banal, facile commentary.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:58 - Jul 14 with 2673 viewsQPRSteve

What also gets my goat is that he pops up doing commentary on Amazon Prime.
Login to get fewer ads

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 19:17 - Jul 14 with 2600 viewskensalriser

Just as well you spelled out you're not a fan, otherwise I would've had trouble getting the gist there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 19:56 - Jul 14 with 2533 viewsToast_R

Brian Moore was far better. I heard when they lowered his coffin to the ground they played his well known phrase "And it's in there!".
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 20:09 - Jul 14 with 2493 viewsJuzzie

Grown man throwing his toys out of the pram.

Good grief.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 2472 viewsqprxtc

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 20:09 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

Grown man throwing his toys out of the pram.

Good grief.

Frank Bough still at it then?
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 22:16 - Jul 14 with 2301 viewsDorse

No comment - just felt it necessary to draw attention to XTC's masterful use of the phrase 'dry retching heap of dried up scrotums'.

Goes into the pantheon along with 'bummed in the gob'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 22:21 - Jul 14 with 2275 viewsCheshireR

I've always admired Tyldesleys's dexterity.
Anyone who can sit on a tv gantry and commentate on a Manchester United Champions League match, whilst dressed in a full United kit and simultaneously orally entertain co commentator Ron Atkinson deserves a certain amount of respect.
I'm not sure the younger commentators can match this.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 23:42 - Jul 14 with 2167 viewsDannyPaddox

This bloke out Tyldeslies the Tyldesley here. Man Yoo aside some top commentatoring - especially the league-table based comments to finish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/woody12380029/status/1278411534205693958?s=12
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:11 - Jul 15 with 1999 viewsGloucs_R

Who is taking over?

After with the above, Moore was the best for me too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:23 - Jul 15 with 1980 viewsNorthernr

Oh no. Whoever will I find to shoehorn Wayne Rooney, Manchester United and 'that night in Barcelona' into commentary on early round FA Cup ties between Northwich Victoria and Lincoln City now?
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:30 - Jul 15 with 1964 viewsCamberleyR

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:11 - Jul 15 by Gloucs_R

Who is taking over?

After with the above, Moore was the best for me too.

Their current number 2 commentator (in more ways than one), Sam Matterface. He's one of these awful, modern day commentators that always seem to have to fill space with a pointless stat or stating the bleeding obvious rather than someone like Richie Benaud who always said only say something when you can add to the pictures the viewer is watching and remember the value of a pause.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:36 - Jul 15 with 1946 viewsNorthernr

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:30 - Jul 15 by CamberleyR

Their current number 2 commentator (in more ways than one), Sam Matterface. He's one of these awful, modern day commentators that always seem to have to fill space with a pointless stat or stating the bleeding obvious rather than someone like Richie Benaud who always said only say something when you can add to the pictures the viewer is watching and remember the value of a pause.

His problem for me is the majority of his work so far has been on radio, where you can't have pauses and dead air, you have to be filling all the time. When you transfer it to television it sounds weird, for the reasons you give. Maybe he'll improve with more TV.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:00 - Jul 15 with 1905 viewsWalnut

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:36 - Jul 15 by Northernr

His problem for me is the majority of his work so far has been on radio, where you can't have pauses and dead air, you have to be filling all the time. When you transfer it to television it sounds weird, for the reasons you give. Maybe he'll improve with more TV.

Maybe Matterface can fill the dead air with tales of HOW THE HELL he nailed Natalie Sawyer. Punching of the highest order!
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:06 - Jul 15 with 1897 viewsJuzzie

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:00 - Jul 15 by Walnut

Maybe Matterface can fill the dead air with tales of HOW THE HELL he nailed Natalie Sawyer. Punching of the highest order!

Maybe she lost a bet.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:22 - Jul 15 with 1857 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:06 - Jul 15 by Juzzie

Maybe she lost a bet.

Well she does support that team from Middlesex so her life choices are questionable to say the least.
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:23 - Jul 15 with 1851 viewskernowhoop

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 18:12 - Jul 14 by TeddRanger

..who supports the scum

Mr Splatterarse doesn't sound very nice, does he?
Clive Tyldesley Upset on 08:27 - Jul 15 with 1845 viewsMetallica_Hoop

They should get Claus Kellerman from Youtube.

He may know nothing about football but they'd be no bullshit or platitudes.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 09:09 - Jul 15 with 1786 viewsTheChef

Clive Tyldesley Upset on 07:36 - Jul 15 by Northernr

“Put your brain into gear and if you can add to what's on the screen then do it, otherwise shut up.”

Richie Benaud

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024