Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear 21:10 - Jul 16 with 1685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This just came up.

We all know the lad who supports no-one but wears a different shirt to 5-a-Side every night - Dukla Prague Away Kit, Barca 76-77 home kit, Hibs home shirt with the white sleeves, and all that. Coolest fugger on earth but we all know he supports no-one and has never been to a game except maybe on a work trip to a box with nice grub, cool beers, and oh-so-savage craic, best ever, unreal

So here it is - what shirts are you comfortable wearing at 5-a-Side without feeling like a turncoat?

Are you secure in your Rs-uality and happy to wear most shirts (bar Chelsea of course)?

Or are you - like me - ridiculously strict and a slight worry to your family?

Mine

Ok

Ours
Ireland
Norn Iron
Cork City

Not ok to wear

All others.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 22:00 - Jul 16 with 1604 viewsOldPedro

I only ever buy football shirts for teams I support, so only used to wear QPR or Wales shirts.

When my kids were younger (they are teenagers now), they did have a couple of other kits that they liked such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich but now my son only wears QPR or Wales shirts while my daughter sometimes wears QPR shirts but mainly wears Liverpool shirts as she has become a Liverpool fan over the past 3 or 4 years, mainly due to her friends who are Liverpool fans.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 22:50 - Jul 16 with 1543 viewsMrSheen

Master Sheen’s all time favourite was the thin stripe AC Milan shirt he was give one Christmas. No argument, very smart.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 22:59 - Jul 16 with 1534 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'd happily wear a Kent Cricket shirt but not sure I'm brave enough for this one.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 23:00 - Jul 16 with 1537 viewsMoonshineSteve

Tried to get a Dukla Prague away kit when in Prague but they weren't to be had anywhere. All Sparta.

Other than many, many hoops, I have had England, Scotland (mother is a Glaswegian), and a Celtic shirt that was a present (Grandad was an S/T holder before the family moved to London). I have also had a 1970 Brazil shirt with the number 10, a 1974 Holland shirt with number 14, and a 1970s Italy shirt with number 6.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 23:16 - Jul 16 with 1501 viewsBoston

I’m too sexy for my shirt.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 01:32 - Jul 17 with 1451 viewsMatch82

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 23:16 - Jul 16 by Boston

I’m too sexy for my shirt.

Qpr, England, Ajax. That's the list.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 03:14 - Jul 17 with 1422 viewstimcocking

No, i've never worn a shirt that isn't QPR unless we had a kit. No chance.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 06:26 - Jul 17 with 1390 viewsJuzzie

QPR, England. That’s it.

No idea why but my brother bought me a yellow Barca away top many years ago for my birthday. I have never worn it, not once.
Login to get fewer ads

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 08:30 - Jul 17 with 1322 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If not in goal I wear metal t-shirts for football usually.

I wear Rangers and England when I go running.

I get quite a few people making gestures at me but as my headphones are so loud I'm not always sure whether they are 'Urrrrrrs' or 'C....UUU..NN...etc when I look at them.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 08:50 - Jul 17 with 1305 viewsQPR_Jim

In addition to QPR and England I'd wear Ajax and Sampdoria. I had an Ajax shirt as a kid and I used to love watching Sampdoria on football Italia as a child when they had ruud gullit and Attilio Lombardo.

Been forced to wear a Gillingham shirt before, wasn't too bad as nobody knows who they are.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 08:53 - Jul 17 with 1300 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I wore a Vasco De Gama shirt on a trip to the Imperial War museum with Metallica Hoop once. 1998 or 99 maybe. Loved the design, almost got a Peru shirt because it was similar.

I own quite a few Red Star Belgrade shirts but I don't wear them.

Branislav Ivanovic gave me a personalised message written on a Chelscum shirt when I was hospitalised in 2016. Can't remember where I 'stored' it.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 10:52 - Jul 17 with 1243 viewsMyke

Similar to you Brian; QPR, Ireland, Sligo Rovers Occasionally an Ireland rugby shirt if the weather is very cold (sorry Clive!)
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 11:22 - Jul 17 with 1221 viewsDorse

Classy. I believe it was the 1924 Fulham away kit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:06 - Jul 17 with 1202 viewsrsonist

I don't think I've ever come across a shirt collector that didn't at least pretend to support anyone, however feebly. Interesting.

Non supporters who just like to play are a pet hate. We're trying to work through a lifetime of neuroses here, you tedious parasites in your t-shirts.

Anyway I like a shirt, I'll admit it. No other UK domestic clubs, that's a rule. The rest is a complex geometry. Tend not to go for the superclubs unless a particularly out of the ordinary design. No cnt clubs like Lazio (sadly cos they've had some belters in recent years). Avoid really obscure artisan clubs/countries (opinions may differ on in this category obviously) too though unless there's a personal story to it. Certain international sides don't sit right but I'll be here all day going through them.

I'm a child of migrants and hypocritical and irrational as it may be I can't do an England shirt. Support them heartily, and there's no politics to it (at least consciously) but it just feels very wrong. It's the real Tebbit test.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:07 - Jul 17 with 1201 viewsrsonist

Loud boos to all cricket and rugby shirt wearers too.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:09 - Jul 17 with 1198 viewsrsonist

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 08:53 - Jul 17 by Orthodox_Hoop

I wore a Vasco De Gama shirt on a trip to the Imperial War museum with Metallica Hoop once. 1998 or 99 maybe. Loved the design, almost got a Peru shirt because it was similar.

I own quite a few Red Star Belgrade shirts but I don't wear them.

Branislav Ivanovic gave me a personalised message written on a Chelscum shirt when I was hospitalised in 2016. Can't remember where I 'stored' it.

Also an happy owner of lovely Vasco and Peru shirts. Both Umbros from the last decade, they did a bang-up job on them.
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:24 - Jul 17 with 1176 viewsaston_hoop

Another shout for the Peru shirt, I have a 1978 world cup Peru shirt which is peak football hipster I suppose but I never play 5-a-side in it. My missus is Peruvian and I get stopped in the street wearing that far more than I ever have in a QPR shirt. But for playing, its QPR only for me these days.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:30 - Jul 17 with 1172 viewsloftboy

When I wa sat out 10 in 1977 my dad was a buyer, he got quite a lot of perks and sweetners ( ok bribes). Including a VHS before anyone else had one. His client needed him to buy loads of sports gear, as a result the winning bidder gave my dad every home shirt from the top flight that season all in my size, it was the first year that all the admiral shirts appeared, used to wear all of them at some point, itddint week to be frowned upon so much back then, people used to say “oh you a Leeds fan”? No mate just got the kit, never got any abuse, particularly like the Man Utd away shirt that year, white with three black stripes down the front .

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:42 - Jul 17 with 1164 viewsRBlock

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:06 - Jul 17 by rsonist

I don't think I've ever come across a shirt collector that didn't at least pretend to support anyone, however feebly. Interesting.

Non supporters who just like to play are a pet hate. We're trying to work through a lifetime of neuroses here, you tedious parasites in your t-shirts.

Anyway I like a shirt, I'll admit it. No other UK domestic clubs, that's a rule. The rest is a complex geometry. Tend not to go for the superclubs unless a particularly out of the ordinary design. No cnt clubs like Lazio (sadly cos they've had some belters in recent years). Avoid really obscure artisan clubs/countries (opinions may differ on in this category obviously) too though unless there's a personal story to it. Certain international sides don't sit right but I'll be here all day going through them.

I'm a child of migrants and hypocritical and irrational as it may be I can't do an England shirt. Support them heartily, and there's no politics to it (at least consciously) but it just feels very wrong. It's the real Tebbit test.

I'm with you. No other domestic teams, but beyond that it's a bit of a free for all.

Have both Milan and Inter shirts, AEK Athens, Atletico Nacional from Medellin, Valenciennes (Ligue 2), among others.

Tend to have either picked them up when visiting or been bought them as souvenirs. Others, just because they were cheap as chips and fancied adding to the collection. Always on the look out for new shirts, just to keep up the variety!
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 12:58 - Jul 17 with 1148 viewscharmr

Sunderland away, the 80,s blue le coq sportif one. Dark blue shorts and socks. Bit of a Uraguay thing going on. We all went up to soccer scene in carnaby street to get them. Pinner Roughnecks, We weren’t a bad little team.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:59]
5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 13:18 - Jul 17 with 1113 viewsBrianMcCarthy

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 08:50 - Jul 17 by QPR_Jim

In addition to QPR and England I'd wear Ajax and Sampdoria. I had an Ajax shirt as a kid and I used to love watching Sampdoria on football Italia as a child when they had ruud gullit and Attilio Lombardo.

Been forced to wear a Gillingham shirt before, wasn't too bad as nobody knows who they are.

Ajax and Sampa are top of the range. I bow the knee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1098 viewsR_from_afar

The last time I was cool was when I wore an Ajax replica shirt. In 1974
I was the mutt's nuts back then but it has been all downhill since.

I usually play footer in either our Sellotape era Dennis the Menace job or the Malaysia Airlines blue and white hooped one. My (Scottish) father-in-law is mates with a board member at - gasp - East Stirling, but I haven't ever played football in the East Stirling polo shirt he got me.

Years ago, I was playing in an eleven a side match and the captain said we had to wear dark blue tops (he is a Chelsea fan ). The only suitable thing I had was my wife's Glasgow Rangers top, which I did manage to squeeze into. She supports them and the Rs.

I haven't played in it since because I got absolutely clattered from behind by an opposing player and was out for eight months with a bad ankle injury.

Oh, before I go, an Albanian (called Elvis) started coming to my 8 a side session just before the lockdown. He usually wears his country's football shirt. Gosh!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 13:36]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 14:41 - Jul 17 with 1046 viewsTheChef

Never mind what shirt you wear, I just want to play 5 a side again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

5-a-Side - Your Acceptable Shirts To Wear on 22:31 - Jul 17 with 939 viewsjoe90

I rotate our Championship winning home shirt and a navy blue Umbro England away, when I go running.

I've considered buying the Athletico Bilbao home shirt only because I've been there a few times on holiday and really liked it, but I've never gone through with it, haha. I've also considered getting an Umbro Everton home shirt, again never gone through with it as I don't support them, just like the kit. End of the day, as much as I like the different shirts out there as supporter of a club I wouldn't feel right wearing someone else's colours. I'd also rather spend my money on something else.

That said, I've always liked the idea of wearing the Carlisle United 3rd to Park Run and beating all the hipsters in their continental shirts.

One last thing I'll add, I've had many, many compliments and comments when wearing my QPR shirt, for some reason people always seem interested in us. Never seen that with other shirts. Interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024