Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In with a shout - Interview 07:58 - Jul 17 with 943 viewsNorthernr

Thoughts on Matt Smith, Rowett and Millwall promotion push...

In with a shout - Interview 17th Jul 2020 07:57
With Millwall’s play-off push still alive and kicking we spoke to Lions fans Lucas Ball and James Blewett about Gary Rowett’s impact since replacing Neil Harris, and what they make of Big Matt Smith. 3

In with a shout - Interview on 09:19 - Jul 17 with 853 viewsbosh67

They have a strange bi-annal flirtation with promotion followed by one with relegation. I have a friend who follows them and he keeps saying how unpredictable they are at times but when they go on a run they really go on one. Then it eventually falls down and they go backwards. I have a fear Smith may haunt us on Saturday. Always liked him and he was always a threat. One of Warburton's few mistakes I feel to move him on as he is a great plan B.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

In with a shout - Interview on 09:24 - Jul 17 with 848 viewsNorthernr

It's another club doing better than us with less though Bosh.
Really grates on me that they were able to get Ryan Woods in January, who is absolutely perfect for us right now with all our Amos-Ball-Cameron midfield issues, meanwhile we bring in Jack Clarke, a player we didn't need in a position we have loads of cover and subsequently haven't used.
In with a shout - Interview on 09:35 - Jul 17 with 827 viewsnadera78

Good luck to them. I'd love to see some of the PL prima donnas (players and fans alike tbh) turning up for a game at The Den. They'd be running out of underpants.
In with a shout - Interview on 09:53 - Jul 17 with 786 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Despicable club. They can't lose by enough or often enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

In with a shout - Interview on 11:42 - Jul 17 with 713 viewsfrancisbowles

In with a shout - Interview on 09:53 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Despicable club. They can't lose by enough or often enough.

Is it the club, the fans or do they have a joint identity, Brian?
In with a shout - Interview on 11:54 - Jul 17 with 696 viewsfrancisbowles

I like Matt Smith and he did/does have his uses. However, taking the nostalgia coated rose tinted specs off and remember that like Hugill he also missed sitters including with his head, he was much less mobile and he never got a decision from a ref. Occasionally he would surprise us with a volley or a drag back and turn but usually it was just all in wrestling with the other big bastards.

We may never know but I wonder what the cost of keeping him would have been when compared to the loan cost of Hugill or Wells?
In with a shout - Interview on 12:27 - Jul 17 with 650 viewsdaveB

In with a shout - Interview on 09:24 - Jul 17 by Northernr

It's another club doing better than us with less though Bosh.
Really grates on me that they were able to get Ryan Woods in January, who is absolutely perfect for us right now with all our Amos-Ball-Cameron midfield issues, meanwhile we bring in Jack Clarke, a player we didn't need in a position we have loads of cover and subsequently haven't used.

Not going in for Woodsd was an odd one, he is exactly what we need, i hope we go in for him this summer.

How well they are doing again is a big kick int he balls for us, despite us having a better season than the last few the likes of Millwall show we could and probably should be doing a lot better
In with a shout - Interview on 13:58 - Jul 17 with 587 viewsSimonJames

I hope we beat them and piss all over their promotion push.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

In with a shout - Interview on 14:58 - Jul 17 with 539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In with a shout - Interview on 11:42 - Jul 17 by francisbowles

Is it the club, the fans or do they have a joint identity, Brian?

Very good question, fb... been thinking about it this morning.

I feel very sorry for anyone decent born into supporting the club and having to endure the sickening behaviour of the racist and violent element.

I also believe that the club have done some good work in the Community.

But I can't escape the feeling that if a sizable portion of a club's fans have been racist and violent for decades then, yes, the club and fans come to have a joint identity.

Is that harsh?

In with a shout - Interview on 15:36 - Jul 17 with 513 viewsfrancisbowles

In with a shout - Interview on 14:58 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Very good question, fb... been thinking about it this morning.

I feel very sorry for anyone decent born into supporting the club and having to endure the sickening behaviour of the racist and violent element.

I also believe that the club have done some good work in the Community.

But I can't escape the feeling that if a sizable portion of a club's fans have been racist and violent for decades then, yes, the club and fans come to have a joint identity.

Is that harsh?

No not really, there are always victims and that's what the smallish decent element are.
In with a shout - Interview on 15:52 - Jul 17 with 486 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In with a shout - Interview on 15:36 - Jul 17 by francisbowles

No not really, there are always victims and that's what the smallish decent element are.

I'll put it this way, if Rangers were suddenly swamped with Chelsea's racist fans and our club was suffering as a result, and you and I and the rest of the LFW crew were in charge of the club (God help us all) I think we would be the loudest, most demonstrative voice in football's charge against racism and violence.

I think we would leave no-one in any doubt, no microphone ignore, no ink barreled that Rangers stood for more than that, abhorred it with every fibre of our being, our blood boiled at the thought of our club's good name being tarnished, our legacy being stained, our past being forgotten.

I think we would offer education, I think we would award scholarships.

I think we would hound the FA, UEFA and FIFA and say "This is happening to us, help us".

I think we would call it what it was - crime, horror, filth, a tragedy.

If Millwall as a club have done all of that and more, then they have my utmost respect.

In with a shout - Interview on 17:16 - Jul 17 with 460 viewsfrancisbowles

In with a shout - Interview on 15:52 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll put it this way, if Rangers were suddenly swamped with Chelsea's racist fans and our club was suffering as a result, and you and I and the rest of the LFW crew were in charge of the club (God help us all) I think we would be the loudest, most demonstrative voice in football's charge against racism and violence.

I think we would leave no-one in any doubt, no microphone ignore, no ink barreled that Rangers stood for more than that, abhorred it with every fibre of our being, our blood boiled at the thought of our club's good name being tarnished, our legacy being stained, our past being forgotten.

I think we would offer education, I think we would award scholarships.

I think we would hound the FA, UEFA and FIFA and say "This is happening to us, help us".

I think we would call it what it was - crime, horror, filth, a tragedy.

If Millwall as a club have done all of that and more, then they have my utmost respect.

You're absolutely right. Well said.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 9:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024