Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36263 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 1964 viewsstevec

Shame to lose him but given the inevitable, £5m is impressive for us.

Said £13m for the pair so anything over £8m for Eze and we’ve done okay and need to reinvest that in a back line. Another loan up front you’d guess, but maybe make some progress yet.
Bright on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 1963 viewsDannytheR

Sad, but £5m isn't bad money with a year left on his contract, in the middle of football and everything else going up in flames economically.

Anyway, at least he's not gone to either Cardiff or West Ham.

Also sets a £ benchmark for Eze, with another year on his deal and (with all due respect to Bright) a lot more potential.

In terms of a replacement, if we could actually spend any of the cash I'd love it to go on Ronan Curtis, but I fear we're pinning our hopes on Shodipo and a year-long loan for Jack Clarke, aged 7.
Bright on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 1954 viewsBoston

Alas poor Bright, we knew him well...but business is business. Good return on our investment, let’s hope we continue to bring out the best in players, one day (soon), we’ll be in a position to hold onto them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bright on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 1942 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bright on 14:59 - Jul 17 by stevec

Shame to lose him but given the inevitable, £5m is impressive for us.

Said £13m for the pair so anything over £8m for Eze and we’ve done okay and need to reinvest that in a back line. Another loan up front you’d guess, but maybe make some progress yet.

I fear for Clive’s sanity if we only get 8m for Eze such will be the unforeseen levels of meltdown on here.
Bright on 15:03 - Jul 17 with 1924 viewsstevec

Bright on 14:59 - Jul 17 by DannytheR

Sad, but £5m isn't bad money with a year left on his contract, in the middle of football and everything else going up in flames economically.

Anyway, at least he's not gone to either Cardiff or West Ham.

Also sets a £ benchmark for Eze, with another year on his deal and (with all due respect to Bright) a lot more potential.

In terms of a replacement, if we could actually spend any of the cash I'd love it to go on Ronan Curtis, but I fear we're pinning our hopes on Shodipo and a year-long loan for Jack Clarke, aged 7.

Me too. We’ve got to sort that back line first and foremost.
Bright on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 1919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have to say my initial disappointment has been tempered by the reaction on here. I'd been hoping for more but given Covid and the fact that this is the last window within which we can accept a fee I suppose €5m plus add-ons and sell-on is better than it seemed when i first heard it.

Everybody pray to their own chosen God(s) for another bid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 1915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him anyway.

Belgian League winners and Champions League football next season for him. Who can begrudge that? Like others have said, preferable to him joining a club fighting it out for 17th in the Prem.

Gutsy move.
Bright on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 1874 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 15:04 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him anyway.

Belgian League winners and Champions League football next season for him. Who can begrudge that? Like others have said, preferable to him joining a club fighting it out for 17th in the Prem.

Gutsy move.

He hasn't agreed personal terms yet. He might not fancy it.

It's violent over there. I've seen the film.

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 1870 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 15:04 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to say my initial disappointment has been tempered by the reaction on here. I'd been hoping for more but given Covid and the fact that this is the last window within which we can accept a fee I suppose €5m plus add-ons and sell-on is better than it seemed when i first heard it.

Everybody pray to their own chosen God(s) for another bid.

...but Bright WAS my chosen God
Bright on 15:11 - Jul 17 with 1870 viewsflynnbo

Good luck Bright and well done for broadening your sporting and cultural experience. Thanks for your efforts whilst here. I'm sure we'll invest it wisely.
Bright on 15:12 - Jul 17 with 1852 viewsaston_hoop

Ah well, Champions League group stage football, a shot at a title and raising his game to a new level. Who can begrudge him that?

Be careful of those strong beers though Bright, surely everyone who has been to Bruges has made that mistake at least one

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bright on 15:14 - Jul 17 with 1839 viewsBoston

Bright on 15:10 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

...but Bright WAS my chosen God

All things Bright and beautiful the lord god made them all.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:15]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bright on 15:16 - Jul 17 with 1813 viewspaulparker

Stiffed again
They have got a bargain for 5 million , what’s the betting in a year or 2 times they sell for around 20 million

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 15:19 - Jul 17 with 1789 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 15:16 - Jul 17 by paulparker

Stiffed again
They have got a bargain for 5 million , what’s the betting in a year or 2 times they sell for around 20 million

You'd hope we've stuck a big percentage on it.
Bright on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 1780 viewsBklynRanger

Probably does make financial sense but still gutted if true tbh. Very enjoyable player to watch.
Bright on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 1776 viewspaulparker

Bright on 15:19 - Jul 17 by Northernr

You'd hope we've stuck a big percentage on it.

I’m not holding my breath

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1751 viewsDannyPaddox

He’ll be popular over there. The Belgians like a player who can Chimay.
Bright on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1746 viewsHantsR

It's 5 million Euro as well.
Bright on 15:30 - Jul 17 with 1712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 15:25 - Jul 17 by HantsR

It's 5 million Euro as well.

And we're going to have to pay someone to count it.

Bright on 15:31 - Jul 17 with 1705 viewsMickS

Bright on 15:04 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him anyway.

Gutsy move.

Begrudge is almost an anagram of Club Brugge. It’s fate.
Bright on 15:38 - Jul 17 with 1664 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 15:16 - Jul 17 by paulparker

Stiffed again

Oh FFS
Bright on 15:41 - Jul 17 with 1635 viewsloftus77

Bright on 15:25 - Jul 17 by DannyPaddox

He’ll be popular over there. The Belgians like a player who can Chimay.

Yep, but, if true, real shame that he has Leffe'd us...
Bright on 15:43 - Jul 17 with 1623 viewsMickS

Bright on 15:41 - Jul 17 by loftus77

Bright on 15:44 - Jul 17 with 1612 viewsFrankRightguard

Bright on 14:39 - Jul 17 by RangersDave

the guys a £10m player, not poxy 5!

Ok since the resumption hes not been his best, but who has in the team?

He has proved himself as a match winner, goal scorer and general 'put the shyte up the opposition' player.

I fear he's irreplacable with the squad we have and the monies required to replace him.

Surely he’s a “whatever we can get for him now without losing him for nothing next summer” player?

Selling for £4m more than we paid and early enough to stand a chance of reinvesting that on a couple of players seems prudent to me.
Bright on 15:44 - Jul 17 with 1608 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 15:41 - Jul 17 by loftus77

You're right. I'm sure he'll Duvel over there though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024