Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36146 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 15:49 - Jul 17 with 1754 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Like others, I have thought about the fee a little more and am over the initial disappointment. Really like Bright and wish we got to see him at his best for a little longer, but 5mil for him seems decent considering all of the variables (COVID, contract, etc.)

Think this is going to be an eye-opening transfer market. Really have no idea what the going rate for players will be, especially those from cash-strapped clubs... and this goes both ways. It'll be on us to use the money from BOS (and possibly Eze and Manning) to find players on value. Have to think there are some L1 clubs struggling with money who will have to sell players on lower money than they'd like. Have to make sure we don't end up with the likes of Joel Lynch and Jordan Cousins.
Bright on 15:50 - Jul 17 with 1742 viewsGloucs_R

Is there any truth to this or is it Clive just starting rumours again?

🤫😁

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Bright on 15:50 - Jul 17 with 1737 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A tidy profit more than tripel... Let's hope we have a sell on.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bright on 15:56 - Jul 17 with 1693 viewsPhilmyRs

With Eze very likely to leave, we really need to get our recruitment right this time. No Keith Rowlands rubbish, we need a plan similar to what the Brentford supporter said when Sawyers left, we need to improve using the funds we'll get in.

We all know how it will play out though - an Australian, ex-England international on crutches, a sprinter more than a Footballer and a non-league stiker nobosy's heard of... It was Les's money being wasted that started the decades of decay, hopefully with him now being involved in the finances of the club we won't f**k it up this time.
Bright on 15:57 - Jul 17 with 1681 viewsterryb

I had hoped for a little more& I don't want the club to accept the first offer above the minimum without testing the market.

Perhaps this has been carefully leaked for the club to gauge whether there is any other genuine interest?

We should also remember that prior to December & his goal at Birmingham, we would have snapped anybodies hands off if they offered £2 million!
Bright on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 1678 viewskensalriser

In what world would we get more than 5 million euros?

One in which he had another two years minimum on his contract.

One in which he'd had a full season of solid performances with QPR comfortably finishing top half.

One without a pandemic.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 15:58]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bright on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 1673 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 15:10 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

He hasn't agreed personal terms yet. He might not fancy it.

It's violent over there. I've seen the film.

Great film.
Bright on 16:02 - Jul 17 with 1655 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 15:16 - Jul 17 by paulparker

Stiffed again
They have got a bargain for 5 million , what’s the betting in a year or 2 times they sell for around 20 million

If we have a sell on fee that‘s a good thing surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 16:03 - Jul 17 with 1637 viewspaulparker

Bright on 15:38 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

Oh FFS

No I’m really sorry
Your so right It’s a fantastic deal for the club ,
Freeman,Smithies , Austin , and possibly Bright , not even sold for a price that would get you Gary madine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 16:04 - Jul 17 with 1628 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 15:44 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

You're right. I'm sure he'll Duvel over there though

Standards Artois they used to be.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:04]
Bright on 16:04 - Jul 17 with 1628 viewsqprxtc

Bright? It’s turned a little bit cloudy and hazy now to be honest.

That’s Belgian beer for you.

We’re 5 million better off than we were yesterday. I’d take that on a Friday afternoon.

Next.
Bright on 16:05 - Jul 17 with 1609 viewsdaveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-accept-offer-for-osayi-samuel?utm_campai
Bright on 16:06 - Jul 17 with 1600 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 16:03 - Jul 17 by paulparker

No I’m really sorry
Freeman,Smithies , Austin , and possibly Bright , not even sold for a price that would get you Gary madine

What’s the alternative PP?
Bright on 16:07 - Jul 17 with 1592 viewspaulparker

Bright on 16:02 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we have a sell on fee that‘s a good thing surely?

Depends what it is, hopefully it’s 25% if the lad does well in Europe then he will go to a struggling prem team in the next year or two , whilst our best player goes for virtually nothing
4 million profit for a player that good isn’t a great deal
Makes you wonder if Mclaren hadn’t p1ssed about in playing him then we would of had another year of him in the shop window

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 16:14 - Jul 17 with 1548 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 16:05 - Jul 17 by daveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-accept-offer-for-osayi-samuel?utm_campai

Thanks for the link, and I'm not having a pop at you or anything...but that's shocking reporting by WLS. Not even a journo's name attached, a no-comment from the club, but declarative statements that the bid has been accepted (unless they have great sources in Brugge) and that BOS has been told he won't be playing tomorrow (unless BOS took a call from WLS which, let's face it, he didn't).

Jesus, Dave Mc wouldn't publish that tripe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 16:16 - Jul 17 with 1543 viewsted_hendrix

Having thought about it and under the current climate I'm just about okay with this deal.

I have no doubt at all that the sale will include a 'sell on fee'

I've just sold my petrol strimmer for £60.00 via Gumtree, I got an awful lot of responses to the advert, so maybe I could have got more maybe not, like anything you'll only get what people are prepared to pay for anything you sell, and I've had taken £60.00 all day long when I advertised it.

No good waffling about it after you've done the deal.

Same with Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Good luck to the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bright on 16:19 - Jul 17 with 1506 viewsHunterhoop

I agree he’s definitely a c. £10m player. But not with under 12 months on his contract and no intention of signing. It’s the Charlie Austin situation again.

The club have tried to get BOS to sign an extension, since Jan, but he won’t.

£5m is a bit disappointing, but i’d rather that then nothing in a year’s fine.
Bright on 16:21 - Jul 17 with 1489 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 16:03 - Jul 17 by paulparker

No I’m really sorry

Freeman. Over £3 million profit. Played a handful of games for Sheff.U. this year.
Smithies. £3 million profit. Never played in the PL for Cardiff. Now back in the Champ.
Austin. Turned down a £12m move to Leicester after relegation. No other offers in the January so we accepted £4million (same as we paid) for an injury prone player who would have left for free six months later.

Next example?

Stop looking for the worst in every announcement. You will feel a lot better for it.
Bright on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 1478 viewsGloucs_R

It's not even 5m... Is a deal worth up to 4.7m....

Cheap but with 12 months to go, no surprise.

Manning must only be worth 2m then

Bright on 16:23 - Jul 17 with 1473 viewsterryb

Bright on 16:07 - Jul 17 by paulparker

Depends what it is, hopefully it’s 25% if the lad does well in Europe then he will go to a struggling prem team in the next year or two , whilst our best player goes for virtually nothing
4 million profit for a player that good isn’t a great deal
Makes you wonder if Mclaren hadn’t p1ssed about in playing him then we would of had another year of him in the shop window

Perhaps that says more about Cardiff & Neil Warnock's obsession with signing useless strikers (Rob Hulse etc)!
Bright on 16:25 - Jul 17 with 1457 viewsswitchingcode

Surprised at that fee if true and he’s gone abroad.Thought he played well at GP this season and gave Henry a tough time.For that price would have been a good replacement for Benrahma 😀Seriously thought he would have been around 10mill.
Bright on 16:28 - Jul 17 with 1434 viewsRog

Bright on 16:22 - Jul 17 by Gloucs_R

It's not even 5m... Is a deal worth up to 4.7m....

Cheap but with 12 months to go, no surprise.

Manning must only be worth 2m then

If we get £2M for Manning, bring it on.
Bright on 16:29 - Jul 17 with 1419 viewsGloucs_R

Bright on 16:28 - Jul 17 by Rog

If we get £2M for Manning, bring it on.

To be honest, I'd take that too
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 16:29]

Bright on 16:30 - Jul 17 with 1404 viewspaulparker

Bright on 16:21 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

Freeman. Over £3 million profit. Played a handful of games for Sheff.U. this year.
Smithies. £3 million profit. Never played in the PL for Cardiff. Now back in the Champ.
Austin. Turned down a £12m move to Leicester after relegation. No other offers in the January so we accepted £4million (same as we paid) for an injury prone player who would have left for free six months later.

Next example?

Stop looking for the worst in every announcement. You will feel a lot better for it.

Compared to other clubs our players get pinched for almost nothing
So if we get less than 10 million for Eze , which judging by our past business will look very likely , will people be happy ???

Bright on 16:36 - Jul 17 with 1363 viewsPetros

Got a sneaking feeling that BOS will have a more successful career than Eze. Surprised a PL team hasn't taken a punt. Reasonable fee in the circs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024