Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36140 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 16:38 - Jul 17 with 1997 viewsPhildo

I don't think it is too bad a deal and good luck to the lad. in relative terms he has not been established in the first team for that long. Buying , adding value and selling has been the way forward for a while. I hope there is a sell on. Eze is different - I do hope the club get multiple offers to enable them to drive the price up to his value.
Bright on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1983 viewsloftboy

Bright on 14:39 - Jul 17 by RangersDave

the guys a £10m player, not poxy 5!

Ok since the resumption hes not been his best, but who has in the team?

He has proved himself as a match winner, goal scorer and general 'put the shyte up the opposition' player.

I fear he's irreplacable with the squad we have and the monies required to replace him.

He would be if he had more than a year on his contract, 5mill is better than bugger all next July.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bright on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1986 viewsenfieldargh

Bright on 16:30 - Jul 17 by paulparker

Compared to other clubs our players get pinched for almost nothing
So if we get less than 10 million for Eze , which judging by our past business will look very likely , will people be happy ???

yes but you cannot compare to how markets were this time last year.

Be interesting to see how much money is actually spent in the transfer market over the coming months. Chelsea, Citeh, Utd will all spend big but will offload players at below previously market values.

Most clubs prem or otherwise are already considerably trimming the squads.

Supply and demand, high stock of players low demand due to clubs having to be more prudent. Prices go down. When out of work footballers decide to become delivery drivers and the stocks of off the shelf footballers diminishes then transfer fees will rise.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 16:36 - Jul 17 by Petros

Got a sneaking feeling that BOS will have a more successful career than Eze. Surprised a PL team hasn't taken a punt. Reasonable fee in the circs.

Probably the reason for leaking this now before it's signed. A couple of last minute gazumpings would be nice.
Bright on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewsBlackCrowe

Bright on 15:44 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

You're right. I'm sure he'll Duvel over there though

Yep a couple of stella performances will win the crowd over.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bright on 16:45 - Jul 17 with 1937 viewseghamranger

At least Shodipo will be given a chance next season now
Bright on 16:48 - Jul 17 with 1911 viewsflynnbo

We might rekindle our interest in that French winger.
Bright on 16:52 - Jul 17 with 1881 viewsDannyPaddox

He’ll have to adjust his game slightly. Most teams are reliant on the offside Trappist.
Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 16:54 - Jul 17 with 1857 viewsdannyblue

This looks a good deal for Bruges. I know what our model is supposed to be, and the realities of the contract and Covid football situations, but they’re looking more like the brentford than we are here.
Bright on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 1835 viewsenfieldargh

The medical team over there is headed up by Dr Evil

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright on 17:03 - Jul 17 with 1796 viewsbosh67

Inevitable but a great move for the lad. He's been excellent this season and his goal at Birmingham was a highlight. £5m or there about compared to what some of our players have left for is not so bad. More than Charlie Austin, less than Luke Freeman (whatever happened to him?).

I guess this is the chance for Shodipo to claim his place on that wing. Or Jude. Or Sparke. And then after those three, Clarke.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 17:08 - Jul 17 with 1761 viewsCheshireR

Good luck to Bright, this looks like a good move for him. Hopefully we will add a sell on clause as part of the deal.
Does anyone know if Blackpool are entitled to any of our incoming cash?
Bright on 17:09 - Jul 17 with 1750 viewsfrancisbowles

So if we get less than 10 million for Eze , which judging by our past business will look very likely , will people be happy ???

Eze has an additional year on his contract, so the club can see what offers come in and make a decision to sell or keep for another season.

Manning won't be worth much. Won't sign a new contract, too one footed, lack of pace, not sure what his best position is, couldn't get in Rotherham's team when on loan. It's what we can get. Probably less than we got for Furlong.
Bright on 17:16 - Jul 17 with 1701 viewsLblock

Pace - tick
Power - tick
Strength - tick
Workrate - tick (pre-Lockdown)
Goals - tick'ish
Passing - tick'ish

You'll see far worse players going for far, far, far more money than this to Premiership clubs this summer and probably not get much of a look in when they chip up there.
I really thought the Linda Bellingham fee to Dortmund might have set the bar for hot Championship prospects but Tim Nice But Dim still seems to be our chief transfer negotiator.
Bellingham is good and young, but BOS is different gravy.

A great signing by Ollie and Penrice and now in his prime so yes I'm gutted at a fee UP TO £4.7mill and wouldn't have accepted less than £8mill if I'm honest.
But that's just me.

Love & respect.

Mr Negative

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bright on 17:25 - Jul 17 with 1655 viewspaulparker

Bright on 16:40 - Jul 17 by enfieldargh

yes but you cannot compare to how markets were this time last year.

Be interesting to see how much money is actually spent in the transfer market over the coming months. Chelsea, Citeh, Utd will all spend big but will offload players at below previously market values.

Most clubs prem or otherwise are already considerably trimming the squads.

Supply and demand, high stock of players low demand due to clubs having to be more prudent. Prices go down. When out of work footballers decide to become delivery drivers and the stocks of off the shelf footballers diminishes then transfer fees will rise.

Players are still going to go for silly money , the lad at Birmingham for 22 million is an example of that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 17:25 - Jul 17 with 1654 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 17:16 - Jul 17 by Lblock

Pace - tick
Power - tick
Strength - tick
Workrate - tick (pre-Lockdown)
Goals - tick'ish
Passing - tick'ish

You'll see far worse players going for far, far, far more money than this to Premiership clubs this summer and probably not get much of a look in when they chip up there.
I really thought the Linda Bellingham fee to Dortmund might have set the bar for hot Championship prospects but Tim Nice But Dim still seems to be our chief transfer negotiator.
Bellingham is good and young, but BOS is different gravy.

A great signing by Ollie and Penrice and now in his prime so yes I'm gutted at a fee UP TO £4.7mill and wouldn't have accepted less than £8mill if I'm honest.
But that's just me.

Love & respect.

Mr Negative

I don't think Dortmund were interested in BOS!
Bright on 17:29 - Jul 17 with 1628 viewsaston_hoop

Bright on 17:25 - Jul 17 by francisbowles

I don't think Dortmund were interested in BOS!

Not a fair comparison either, Bellingham has looked excellent in the Championship at the age of 16, BOS is 22 and was trialing for Blackpools youth team at that age. 6 years of progess has BOS here, but there is no denying that Bellingham has significantly higher potential given he is already almost there at 16. Lets compare the 2 in 6 years time

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bright on 17:30 - Jul 17 with 1622 viewsSimonJames

Bright on 14:36 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

He was free, former captain of Rangers, and signed to add some experience. Whether it has worked out or not doesn't mean that it wasn't the right sort of signing at that time.

We're paying his wages... so not free.
I didn't say it wasn't the right sort of signing, I'm sure it probably was. But presumably they expected him play more than a dozen times for us this season.
Or perhaps he is being kept out of the team by better defenders!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bright on 17:34 - Jul 17 with 1600 viewsBlue_Castello

Like a number of people disappointed with the 5 million Euro fee, but the fact he's in the last year of his contract makes a big difference. That said I'm surprised we haven't held back waiting to see if there are more lucrative offers.
It makes me wonder if there's a possible release clause in his contract, the fee of 5 million seems very precise and one thing is for sure agents put all sorts of clauses in contracts these days.

Totally agree with Lblock he's the mutts nuts and is going to be a very good player, let's hope we use the money wisely.
Bright on 18:01 - Jul 17 with 1496 viewsNW5Hoop

Best part of £5m for a player who we got three good months out of seems good to me. More would be better, but this will do. It'll be interesting to see how good he actually is: whether those three months were his true level, or whether that was the absolute peak of his form, with everything happening for him at once. Even Stuart Wardley had one wonder season.

Good luck to him. I hope he succeeds.
Bright on 18:19 - Jul 17 with 1406 viewsed_83

Bright on 17:09 - Jul 17 by francisbowles

Eze has an additional year on his contract, so the club can see what offers come in and make a decision to sell or keep for another season.

Manning won't be worth much. Won't sign a new contract, too one footed, lack of pace, not sure what his best position is, couldn't get in Rotherham's team when on loan. It's what we can get. Probably less than we got for Furlong.

I know stats don't mean much but going purely on the numbers Manning's consistently amongst the best fullbacks in the Championship:

We should absolutely be aiming for a similar fee to Bright's in my opinion, and certainly higher than Furlong's. Again it all depends on how many people bid but I can't see him going for less than a couple of million.
Bright on 18:28 - Jul 17 with 1357 viewsAntti_Heinola

I suspect you havn't been happy since about 1973 mate!

Bare bones.

Bright on 18:30 - Jul 17 with 1341 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 18:19 - Jul 17 by ed_83

I know stats don't mean much but going purely on the numbers Manning's consistently amongst the best fullbacks in the Championship:

We should absolutely be aiming for a similar fee to Bright's in my opinion, and certainly higher than Furlong's. Again it all depends on how many people bid but I can't see him going for less than a couple of million.

None of those stats have much to do with defending!

Bare bones.

Bright on 18:33 - Jul 17 with 1318 viewsdavman

Bright on 15:03 - Jul 17 by stevec

Me too. We’ve got to sort that back line first and foremost.

Is it the personnel or the coaching though?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 18:34 - Jul 17 with 1316 viewsDavieQPR

We could have got £50 million for him and a certain couple of people would be slating 'Les' and 'Tony' because we didn't get £60 million. If you don't like it stick a few million of your own money in to keep the club afloat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024