Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36281 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 22:35 - Jul 18 with 3175 viewsVancouverHoop

Couple of things.5 million may only be the baseline of the transfer fee. There could, as has been noted, be sell-on fees. AFAIK our most lucrative transfer receipt is still Raheem Sterling's sell-on to Man City from Liverpool. There might also be performance bonuses. For example Alphonso Davies's price from Vancouver to Bayern was £11 million, but it was double that with performance fees. Many, if not all of them will have probably have been paid as he was voted Bundesliga's rookie of the year. I'm not saying Bright will emulate Davies, nor that Brugges are equivalent to Bayern, but we may well do better financially out of the transaction than it first appears.

Regarding Belgium as footballing destination. He could do worse. Belgium currently has one of the best national teams in the world, which means its clubs get watched closely by clubs elsewhere, and not just in European games. Bright will have more eyes on his performances than he would with us, or warming the bench for a Prem club. In short we may not know how good this deal is for a year or two. Let's moan then, if moaning is to be done.
Bright on 23:26 - Jul 18 with 3043 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 22:35 - Jul 18 by VancouverHoop

Couple of things.5 million may only be the baseline of the transfer fee. There could, as has been noted, be sell-on fees. AFAIK our most lucrative transfer receipt is still Raheem Sterling's sell-on to Man City from Liverpool. There might also be performance bonuses. For example Alphonso Davies's price from Vancouver to Bayern was £11 million, but it was double that with performance fees. Many, if not all of them will have probably have been paid as he was voted Bundesliga's rookie of the year. I'm not saying Bright will emulate Davies, nor that Brugges are equivalent to Bayern, but we may well do better financially out of the transaction than it first appears.

Regarding Belgium as footballing destination. He could do worse. Belgium currently has one of the best national teams in the world, which means its clubs get watched closely by clubs elsewhere, and not just in European games. Bright will have more eyes on his performances than he would with us, or warming the bench for a Prem club. In short we may not know how good this deal is for a year or two. Let's moan then, if moaning is to be done.

After realising AFAIK wasn’t a Greek side, I completely agree with this.
Bright on 23:26 - Jul 18 with 3041 viewsconnell10

i like Bos but i think he is a confidence player , new club in a new country could be a hard call for him, will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bright on 12:13 - Jul 19 with 2573 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 23:26 - Jul 18 by connell10

i like Bos but i think he is a confidence player , new club in a new country could be a hard call for him, will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure!

I wonder if there are any of their squad players, that we could take off their hands and would be strong and good enough for the Championship.
Bright on 12:37 - Jul 19 with 2488 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bright on 17:34 - Jul 18 by Boston

Think of a number, then double it.

Or in our case think of a number and then halve it...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bright on 20:05 - Jul 20 with 2272 viewsconnell10

Bright on 12:37 - Jul 19 by Northolt_Rs

Or in our case think of a number and then halve it...

Now that made me laugh!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bright on 10:09 - Jul 21 with 2007 viewsbosh67

Press stories going round that BOS has pulled out of the Bruges deal and is likely to sign for Leicester after Wednesday's match and will be available for selection at WBA.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 10:14 - Jul 21 with 1972 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 10:09 - Jul 21 by bosh67

Press stories going round that BOS has pulled out of the Bruges deal and is likely to sign for Leicester after Wednesday's match and will be available for selection at WBA.

Considering how much is at stake in our selling him, he'd surely not play against West Brom?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 10:19 - Jul 21 with 1945 viewsbosh67

Bright on 10:14 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Considering how much is at stake in our selling him, he'd surely not play against West Brom?

You would think so.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 10:25 - Jul 21 with 1915 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 22:35 - Jul 18 by VancouverHoop

He's also best mates with Ilias isn't he? Who may have spoken well of Belgium? Who might try and join him? AAAHHH!!!

Bare bones.

Bright on 10:37 - Jul 21 with 1862 viewsjohncharles

My brain hurts

Strong and stable my arse.

Bright on 10:41 - Jul 21 with 1841 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I would be happy to see him play for Leicester.

Even happier if the fee was more.
Bright on 10:41 - Jul 21 with 1841 viewsLowerloftLad

Bright on 10:25 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

He's also best mates with Ilias isn't he? Who may have spoken well of Belgium? Who might try and join him? AAAHHH!!!

so would we now get 5mill as its in pounds and not the 4.7 in euros ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bright on 10:44 - Jul 21 with 1809 viewsNewhopphoops

Bright on 22:03 - Jul 18 by VancouverHoop

Lierse, both as a youth and two senior games for them in the Belgian second division. He had a cup of coffee with Brugge's academy but never played for them.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 22:04]

Ah ok. Perhaps he recommended the coffee?
Bright on 10:47 - Jul 21 with 1794 viewsterryb

Bright on 10:41 - Jul 21 by LowerloftLad

so would we now get 5mill as its in pounds and not the 4.7 in euros ?

We will get whatever the two clubs agree.

I've heard, but have no idea if it's true, that Leicester & Brighton are both raising the fee & that it was Bruge that pulled out of the deal as it went past their top offer.
Bright on 11:07 - Jul 21 with 1701 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So, for the dim witted like me, can someone explain why Brugge would have pulled out of their offer was accepted? Surely they offer the player terms along with the other clubs whose offer was accepted and then the players decides?
Bright on 11:13 - Jul 21 with 1658 viewsBazzeR

Bright on 11:07 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

So, for the dim witted like me, can someone explain why Brugge would have pulled out of their offer was accepted? Surely they offer the player terms along with the other clubs whose offer was accepted and then the players decides?

A conditional offer...bid accepted but if better offer is on table ?
Bright on 11:16 - Jul 21 with 1630 viewsdaveB

who knows, we're in an age where people like to be in the know and seem to have the inside track on transfers, I've no idea what they are agreeing at the moment but I imagine if you give it a week we'll know where he is going.
Bright on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 1617 viewsJeff

This is, of course, all speculation, but Brugge bid €5M. Leicester have now bid £6m (no idea if they have, but lets say they have...) We've now asked Brugge to match it...

Can we not knock it?

Bright on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 1575 viewsLongsufferingR

Bright on 11:18 - Jul 21 by Jeff

This is, of course, all speculation, but Brugge bid €5M. Leicester have now bid £6m (no idea if they have, but lets say they have...) We've now asked Brugge to match it...

No no no. That's very amateur of you to say at the start of your post that it is all speculation! You are supposed to say that you've heard it as fact from a man who went to school with Bright's mother. How are you going to start a twitter storm otherwise?
Bright on 11:31 - Jul 21 with 1511 viewsdaveB

Bright on 11:18 - Jul 21 by Jeff

Why would Leicester bid more when we've already accepted a smaller bid, i'm not doubting you but football is mad
Bright on 11:33 - Jul 21 with 1496 viewsJeff

Bright on 11:31 - Jul 21 by daveB

Why would Leicester bid more when we've already accepted a smaller bid, i'm not doubting you but football is mad

to knock other people out of the running, as we have potentially seen with Brugge here?

Can we not knock it?

Bright on 11:34 - Jul 21 with 1489 viewsMaggsinho

Alan Nixon, the journalist who broke the Moore story is saying the Bruges deal is still going ahead FWIW.
Bright on 11:47 - Jul 21 with 1410 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bright on 11:33 - Jul 21 by Jeff

to knock other people out of the running, as we have potentially seen with Brugge here?

Surely if they’ve made an offer and we’ve accepted it, that’s that assuming they can agree terms with the player. Contract law 101.

Not that I ever made it to 102.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 11:48]
Bright on 12:16 - Jul 21 with 1271 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 11:47 - Jul 21 by Watford_Ranger

Surely if they’ve made an offer and we’ve accepted it, that’s that assuming they can agree terms with the player. Contract law 101.

Not that I ever made it to 102.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 11:48]

For the second time in the thread, I remind everybody of Darren Ambrose.
QPR bid for him, Palace accepted it, Ambrose came and agreed terms, Ambrose had all his pics taken in our kit, Palace got taken over, new Palace chairman says absolutely not, deal off. Completely irrelevent that they accepted the offer at the start of the week, situation changed and they didn't want to sell him to us for that price any more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024