Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36264 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 12:27 - Jul 21 with 2580 viewsDavieQPR

In other circles It's called Gazumping. Nothing is binding until the contract is signed.
Bright on 12:40 - Jul 21 with 2432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 12:16 - Jul 21 by Northernr

For the second time in the thread, I remind everybody of Darren Ambrose.
QPR bid for him, Palace accepted it, Ambrose came and agreed terms, Ambrose had all his pics taken in our kit, Palace got taken over, new Palace chairman says absolutely not, deal off. Completely irrelevent that they accepted the offer at the start of the week, situation changed and they didn't want to sell him to us for that price any more.

No need to be stroppy! I didn’t read the first one and my knowledge of transfer legalities goes as far as Football Manager.
Bright on 12:44 - Jul 21 with 2383 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 12:40 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

No need to be stroppy! I didn’t read the first one and my knowledge of transfer legalities goes as far as Football Manager.

Ha ha, it wasn't particularly aimed at you and it wasn't supposed to be stroppy. I'm just saying that this idea that we've accepted the brugge bid and therefore that's it now, regardless of what anybody else offers, seems a little.... quaint?
Bright on 12:47 - Jul 21 with 2332 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 12:44 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Ha ha, it wasn't particularly aimed at you and it wasn't supposed to be stroppy. I'm just saying that this idea that we've accepted the brugge bid and therefore that's it now, regardless of what anybody else offers, seems a little.... quaint?

: )

More dosh for us. Great news. Feel sorry for Bright though if Bruge was where he wanted to go.
Bright on 15:33 - Jul 21 with 1884 viewsGloucs_R

Have I missed something? Is he no longer going to Brugges??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bright on 15:43 - Jul 21 with 1818 viewsA40Bosh

Exactly

Surely some posters on here have had this done to them when buying a house.
Until contracts exchanged and its all done with the legals nothing is guaranteed.

For once this might work in our favour if we had 'sold' to Bruges thinking they were the only ones likely to come in for him and then low and behold more interest before the deal is done and we can go back to Bruges saying we have had a better offer.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bright on 15:45 - Jul 21 with 1801 viewsenfieldargh

as I mentioned on the other Bright thread I did last Saturday whatsapp my friend asst manager at Leicester, when i heard there was supposed interest in him and told him £10 million would probably get him.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright on 15:53 - Jul 21 with 1737 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 16:02 - Jul 21 with 1678 viewsrsonist

Bright on 15:33 - Jul 21 by Gloucs_R

Have I missed something? Is he no longer going to Brugges??

Makes it sound as thought Bright's having second thoughts about Belgium.
Bright on 16:04 - Jul 21 with 1658 viewsderbyhoop

And almost guaranteed Champions League football for the next 2 seasons. Of course, he'll turn it down to stay at QPR. Or go to Brighton or Southampton or West Ham.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bright on 16:05 - Jul 21 with 1647 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 16:02 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Makes it sound as thought Bright's having second thoughts about Belgium.

The guy who told me he wasn't playing on Saturday did say to me that he "seemed a bit gutted to be leaving TBH" and I did think all this "bright's got his heart set on belgium" stuff did rather sound like something QPR were pumping out to justify early acceptance of what people see as a low bid.

He'll definitely go, if not there then somewhere else, we need the money too much. If I were him I'd go and give Brugge a go, Champions League football and a fcking brilliant place.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bright on 16:10 - Jul 21 with 1598 viewsLongsufferingR

Personally I wouldn't play him tomorrow even if he has said he is available. It's not just his move he would be putting in jeopardy,, but our transfer income if he got injured, and it's just one game to miss. Can sort out his future afterwards.
Bright on 16:13 - Jul 21 with 1570 viewsdaveB

Bright on 16:05 - Jul 21 by Northernr

The guy who told me he wasn't playing on Saturday did say to me that he "seemed a bit gutted to be leaving TBH" and I did think all this "bright's got his heart set on belgium" stuff did rather sound like something QPR were pumping out to justify early acceptance of what people see as a low bid.

He'll definitely go, if not there then somewhere else, we need the money too much. If I were him I'd go and give Brugge a go, Champions League football and a fcking brilliant place.

There is a solution for him if he is gutted to go and wants to stay, he could sign the new contract he was offered.
Bright on 16:15 - Jul 21 with 1555 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Scenario that just popped in my head:

Bright plays tomorrow.
Dominates WBA's left-back for a couple of goals. WBA loses.
Brentford botches opportunity and Fulham moves up to No. 2.
Fulham buys BOS.

Sigh.
Bright on 16:15 - Jul 21 with 1555 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 16:13 - Jul 21 by daveB

There is a solution for him if he is gutted to go and wants to stay, he could sign the new contract he was offered.

Well quite.
I think it was more saying he was a bit underwhelmed by the prospect of Belgium.

Bright on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 1496 viewsextratimeR

I'm guessing the suggestion that Bright might be available for tomorrow night's game, might be to concentrate minds with a view to an increased bid for Bright, and his immediate removal from tomorrow night's match.
Bright on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 1488 viewsrrrspricey

Bright on 16:15 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Well quite.
I think it was more saying he was a bit underwhelmed by the prospect of Belgium.

Then he needs his head read, been to both Bruges and Leicester several times and there's no comparison.

It's like someone asking you at half time if you'd rather have a Peroni or a warm Carling
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 16:24]
Bright on 16:28 - Jul 21 with 1445 viewsNewhopphoops

The Emiliano Sala case shows how difficult it is to enforce these transfer contracts, at least until a player has played for the new club and been unavailable for the old one.
Bright on 16:35 - Jul 21 with 1395 viewsdaveB

Bright on 16:15 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Well quite.

seems an odd one though, he's agent has been pushing for this move for a while so you'd think it would be a move he wants.
Bright on 16:38 - Jul 21 with 1380 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 16:35 - Jul 21 by daveB

seems an odd one though, he's agent has been pushing for this move for a while so you'd think it would be a move he wants.

It's getting a bit weird all round isn't it let's be honest?
Bright on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 1361 viewsRog

Bright on 16:35 - Jul 21 by daveB

Or maybe it's just his agent that fancies it. Or at least fancies his 20%.
Bright on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 1360 viewsOldPedro

Maybe he now wants to stay to play with Keiffer Moore next season....

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bright on 16:42 - Jul 21 with 1342 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 16:40 - Jul 21 by Rog

Or maybe it's just his agent that fancies it. Or at least fancies his 20%.

This makes sense. I'm sure they were hoping for more than one option.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 16:42 - Jul 21 with 1341 viewskensalriser

Who knows what his agent's agenda is, though. Certainly it won't consist solely of what's in Bright's interest.

Or maybe Bright's just not quite as enamoured with strong Trappist beer, lace and canals as the rest of us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bright on 16:48 - Jul 21 with 1282 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bright on 16:42 - Jul 21 by kensalriser

Who knows what his agent's agenda is, though. Certainly it won't consist solely of what's in Bright's interest.

Or maybe Bright's just not quite as enamoured with strong Trappist beer, lace and canals as the rest of us.

Don't forget the chocolate

And the chips

And the mayo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024