Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you try to sign 17:34 - Jul 18 with 19335 viewsWrightUp5hit___

They keep telling us about the number of out of contact players looking for new clubs.

Add to that the players at clubs, where thanks to CoVid, there are going to be big, fire sale bargains.

So forgetting about the star players, that will still command premium prices, or Premier League shithousery and stockpiling. Who are the players that you would like to see at Loftus Road.

The Sheffield Wednesday Sam's, Winnall and Hutchison have been mentioned. Clive mentioned the well underrated Alex Mowatt. Tyrese Campbell would probably be a reach but maybe Stoke are heading into end of Sky money soon mode.

Anyways, who do you reckon?
Who would you try to sign on 13:14 - Aug 3 with 3952 viewsdannyblue

So what's the latest then? We're after...

Strikers: Kieffer Moore, Ruel Sotiriou
Attackers: Muamer Tankovic, Jordan Jones, Izzy Brown
Midfielders: Ben Watson
Defenders: Sam Hutchison, Charlie Goode, Rob Dickie, Jon Dinyezi

Tankovic perhaps the most intriguing of that lot?
Who would you try to sign on 20:37 - Aug 3 with 3832 viewsaston_hoop

Luke Amos appears to be on holiday in Mykonos with Mide Shodipo. Feel like he may already be part of the squad. or just big mates with Mide.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who would you try to sign on 20:43 - Aug 3 with 3817 viewsjeffranger

Another rumour woodroll of Barnsley
Who would you try to sign on 21:40 - Aug 3 with 3693 viewsHooparoo

Who would you try to sign on 13:14 - Aug 3 by dannyblue

So what's the latest then? We're after...

Strikers: Kieffer Moore, Ruel Sotiriou
Attackers: Muamer Tankovic, Jordan Jones, Izzy Brown
Midfielders: Ben Watson
Defenders: Sam Hutchison, Charlie Goode, Rob Dickie, Jon Dinyezi

Tankovic perhaps the most intriguing of that lot?

I thought Moore has opted to be a thug at Millwall?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Who would you try to sign on 08:26 - Aug 4 with 3516 viewsR_from_afar

Who would you try to sign on 21:40 - Aug 3 by Hooparoo

I thought Moore has opted to be a thug at Millwall?

He's rumoured to be close to signing for Cardiff, sir.

The managerial merry go round is confusing!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who would you try to sign on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 3391 viewsnottonyfernandes

Few places are suggesting we’ve beaten boro to Goode. I’d be pleased with that.
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-qpr-close-to-beating-middlesbrough-
Who would you try to sign on 18:30 - Aug 4 with 3245 viewsHayesender

Just seen that Kemar Roofe is close to joining Rangers on a four year deal. Probably out of our price range, but would have been an excellent signing imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who would you try to sign on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 3095 viewsEsox_Lucius

It may already be too late to get this lad on the cheap as he has been training with the first team but Leighton Clarkson at Liverpool is a Jordan Henderson style midfielder with an eye for a pass and could play the Geoff Cameron role IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Who would you try to sign on 13:57 - Aug 6 with 2888 viewsDorse

Who would you try to sign on 11:06 - Aug 5 by Esox_Lucius

It may already be too late to get this lad on the cheap as he has been training with the first team but Leighton Clarkson at Liverpool is a Jordan Henderson style midfielder with an eye for a pass and could play the Geoff Cameron role IMO.

Only if he has a man bun and a wealth of interesting facts about himself.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Who would you try to sign on 08:00 - Aug 14 with 2722 viewskarl

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5926874/qpr-dykes-transfer-race-

Seem to be serious on Dykes.
Getting to be expensive now, 2 goals (penalties) but hasn't been playing as well as last season but that's true of Livingston in general.
Who would you try to sign on 10:00 - Aug 14 with 2591 viewsQPR_Jim

Who would you try to sign on 08:00 - Aug 14 by karl

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5926874/qpr-dykes-transfer-race-

Getting to be expensive now, 2 goals (penalties) but hasn't been playing as well as last season but that's true of Livingston in general.

There's no way the chap in that photo is 24, he looks older than Warbs.
Who would you try to sign on 10:04 - Aug 14 with 2584 viewsHanwellHoopster

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/brentford-identify-first-choice-replac

We should nip in and try to get this guy.
Who would you try to sign on 10:09 - Aug 14 with 2571 viewsflynnbo

That's Middlesbrough's scouting done then
Who would you try to sign on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 2491 viewskarl

Who would you try to sign on 10:00 - Aug 14 by QPR_Jim

There's no way the chap in that photo is 24, he looks older than Warbs.

Haha, looks like Ant and Dec done up as pensioners
Who would you try to sign on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 2464 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who would you try to sign on 11:22 - Aug 14 with 2428 viewsDannyPaddox

If there was an LGBT basketball team based in the capital. London Dykes wouldn't be a bad name.
Who would you try to sign on 21:05 - Aug 17 with 2144 viewskarl

Kudos to DannytheR for calling the Dykes interest on page 1 a month ago. Are we now looking forward to Tyler Walker, Danny?
Who would you try to sign on 20:40 - Aug 18 with 1934 viewsDannytheR

Who would you try to sign on 21:05 - Aug 17 by karl

Kudos to DannytheR for calling the Dykes interest on page 1 a month ago. Are we now looking forward to Tyler Walker, Danny?

Ha, thanks Karl! Pretty wild guess on my part, but I remember hearing when Barnsley bid for Dykes that "another Championship club" were interested *and* had decided he had more potential than Shankland... so 2 plus 2 for once equalled something other than 5.

Walker is apparently on his way out at Forest, but Warburton would be a brave man indeed going into the season with him and Dykes as our main strikers...
Who would you try to sign on 21:03 - Aug 18 with 1897 viewskarl

Who would you try to sign on 20:40 - Aug 18 by DannytheR

Ha, thanks Karl! Pretty wild guess on my part, but I remember hearing when Barnsley bid for Dykes that "another Championship club" were interested *and* had decided he had more potential than Shankland... so 2 plus 2 for once equalled something other than 5.

Walker is apparently on his way out at Forest, but Warburton would be a brave man indeed going into the season with him and Dykes as our main strikers...

Good detective work!
Tbh I think if there's ever 'another Championship club interested' in a Scottish based player then we have shown great interest in the country and can be easily linked.
We've had at least 5/6 players on loan at various Scottish clubs and Les is often seen in the crowd at games when no definite player is apparently on the radar, it's more than MWs link to Glasgow Rangers.
I did mention Kevin Nisbet of Dunfermline in a match thread as someone we should have looked at, Hibs had an offer turned down in January and I thought too big a fee was wanted for them to get him, lo and behold £250k was enough for a player who has outscored Shankland.
Dunfermline fans are mad now that Dykes has gone for significant money and Shankland is being bracketed at that value too.
Fwiw he's started well and got his hat trick v Livingston but not quite enough for me to say he'd have moved straight to Championship successfully, a season or possibly 2 at Hibs and I think he could be a good bet.
I'm going to try and watch Jason Kerr at St Johnstone a bit closer, good things being said about him.
Who would you try to sign on 21:44 - Aug 18 with 1836 viewsbosh67

Ruel Sotiriou at Leyton Orient is a perfect striker to bring here and bring through. Absolute baller.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who would you try to sign on 11:11 - Aug 23 with 1662 viewsWrightUp5hit___

So lots of Talk, about Fulham potentially throwing Alfie Mawson into a deal for Eze.

Pretty disastrous injury record, since he was about to be in an England squad.

Also not really the rufty tufty centre back I envisaged signing. I thought it was a Ryan Nelson, Richard Dunne we needed. Bit of experience and physicality.
Who would you try to sign on 12:19 - Aug 23 with 1529 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chelsea fan and a John Terry worshipper so he's a wrong'un.

The grass is always greener.

Who would you try to sign on 10:30 - Aug 24 with 1244 viewsderbyhoop

WLS suggesting we're looking to pay off last year of Leistner's contract, so he's a free agent and he can move on. Mawson, if fit and prepared to accept our wage structure, wouldn't be a bad fit.
Obviously looking at another young-ish CB.
Goode already gone, Dinzeyi gone, Dickie - too expensive? Lockyer from Charlton being looked at by every team in the Championship.
Norwich allegedly upping their bid for Hugill (from £3m to nearer £5m WHU want).

I suspect we'll bring in a CB but no idea who.
Then another striker - possibly on loan.
That may well be it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who would you try to sign on 11:02 - Aug 24 with 1206 viewsWrightUp5hit___

SkySportsNews reporting Swansea, Millwall and Preston having agreed a fee for Jamal Lowe.

Thought we might have been having a look there.
Who would you try to sign on 11:21 - Aug 24 with 1156 viewsLblock

Who would you try to sign on 11:02 - Aug 24 by WrightUp5hit___

SkySportsNews reporting Swansea, Millwall and Preston having agreed a fee for Jamal Lowe.

Thought we might have been having a look there.

He attracts a fee so it's a no from us... a shame but I'm confident we'll have the players in we need.
If not it means BOS, Eze and Manning will still be hear and that's great.
We also have some fantastic youth players to call upon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024