Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze Update 09:38 - Jul 20 with 8961 viewsBAWHoops

Bit in here from Ornstein who tends to be clued in on theses things.

Palace and West Ham want him. Rangers want £20m for him but reality is they aren’t going to get near that.

https://theathletic.com/1935897/2020/07/20/ornstein-havertz-chelsea-pochettino-e https://t.co/23XLfy1ZRN

Maybe we can keep all the Eze speculation this summer in this thread as well to save MB clutter?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze Update on 13:23 - Jul 20 with 2805 viewsgobbles

The trouble is all talk of fees is that no one knows what fees will be paid in a post-COVID environment.
Most EFL clubs must be on the verge of going broke, while the Premier League will not be completely immune, not only die to the lack of ticket income but because their future TV deals here and abroad will be slashed.
Personally I think nearly £5 for Bright is fair enough. A player with a year left on his contract who seemed to have no interest in signing a new deal. IT takes the pressure of needing to sell Eze too. What Bristol City or Brentford have got for players in the past is irrelevant. We have to sell players or the club goes broke. Gabbing on about what happened with the FFP fine, or Redknapp or Hughes doesn't change what we need to do know.
There are going to be a lot of jobless footballers floating around this summer. Clubs are going to look at those before paying millions for players with potential.
Eze Update on 13:25 - Jul 20 with 2803 viewsStanisgod

Eze Update on 10:01 - Jul 20 by Discodroids

Please, Please, Please Not West Ham.

Not after Parkes, Goddard, Sinclair and Impey.

If Eze ends up there , This can make a good man, Bad.

Please, Please, Please For once in my life let me get what i want. I don't Wan't Eze at West Ham.

Totally on board with that, anywhere but there.
I would seriously do time if I saw some chav with a West Ham shirt with Eze on the back walking round Basildon 😭

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Eze Update on 14:43 - Jul 20 with 2638 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze Update on 11:19 - Jul 20 by robith

Man Utd were very keen on Maddison who Eze would be a nice replacement for, but doubt they need him now they have Fernandes

If they’re in the market for another Fernandes, then we’ve got one of those too!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze Update on 15:22 - Jul 20 with 2543 viewsNov77

Eze Update on 14:43 - Jul 20 by PlanetHonneywood

If they’re in the market for another Fernandes, then we’ve got one of those too!

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134779

Moyes was at the game v Millwall, reason for improved performance from Eze?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eze Update on 15:36 - Jul 20 with 2471 viewsswitchingcode

Eze Update on 13:23 - Jul 20 by gobbles

The trouble is all talk of fees is that no one knows what fees will be paid in a post-COVID environment.
Most EFL clubs must be on the verge of going broke, while the Premier League will not be completely immune, not only die to the lack of ticket income but because their future TV deals here and abroad will be slashed.
Personally I think nearly £5 for Bright is fair enough. A player with a year left on his contract who seemed to have no interest in signing a new deal. IT takes the pressure of needing to sell Eze too. What Bristol City or Brentford have got for players in the past is irrelevant. We have to sell players or the club goes broke. Gabbing on about what happened with the FFP fine, or Redknapp or Hughes doesn't change what we need to do know.
There are going to be a lot of jobless footballers floating around this summer. Clubs are going to look at those before paying millions for players with potential.

👍agree just discussing this with my Fulham mate and talking about players that we could be selling and their values will be a lot lower than expected 6 months ago.This will obviously impact on fees for players being brought in but the days of massive wages and fees are going south which will benefit clubs rather than agents and players.
Eze Update on 15:47 - Jul 20 with 2418 viewsLazyFan

Palace are in the news today whereby their squad is known to be the oldest by age in the prem. Zaha sold to whoever for around £45m, then getting in some young uns, which Hodgson seems to be indicating he will do, Eze at £20m would be good to appease the Palace fans when Zaha leaves.

I am hopefull we shall get the full £20m for him as many clubs are sniffing. Also, they have seen us sell BOS and know we can move quickly and if they don't come in, they could miss their chance. Also, Bowen for Spam has looked good so, that also shows clubs that Eze was at the same level but younger. Thus less of a risk for that big monies!

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze Update on 17:02 - Jul 20 with 2326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze Update on 15:47 - Jul 20 by LazyFan

Palace are in the news today whereby their squad is known to be the oldest by age in the prem. Zaha sold to whoever for around £45m, then getting in some young uns, which Hodgson seems to be indicating he will do, Eze at £20m would be good to appease the Palace fans when Zaha leaves.

I am hopefull we shall get the full £20m for him as many clubs are sniffing. Also, they have seen us sell BOS and know we can move quickly and if they don't come in, they could miss their chance. Also, Bowen for Spam has looked good so, that also shows clubs that Eze was at the same level but younger. Thus less of a risk for that big monies!

Is Damian Delaney still there?

If someone told me he was going to get 200 appearances in the Prem and play until he was 38 after he left us I would have called an Ambulance for them.
Eze Update on 17:07 - Jul 20 with 2313 viewsdanehoop

Eze Update on 15:22 - Jul 20 by Nov77

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134779

Moyes was at the game v Millwall, reason for improved performance from Eze?

Interesting that website is pedalling that Eze only has a year on his contract so should be cheaper. Not the most researched of articles.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Eze Update on 17:19 - Jul 20 with 2268 viewsLazyFan

Eze Update on 17:02 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is Damian Delaney still there?

If someone told me he was going to get 200 appearances in the Prem and play until he was 38 after he left us I would have called an Ambulance for them.

No retired his game.
Went from LB to CB and that's how he managed to make it work. We obviously missed a trick there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze Update on 17:43 - Aug 3 with 1889 viewsGloucs_R

£12m bid from palace rejected

Poll: Are we staying up?

Eze Update on 17:45 - Aug 3 with 1878 viewseastside_r

Eze Update on 17:43 - Aug 3 by Gloucs_R

£12m bid from palace rejected

Cheeky f*ckers!
Eze Update on 18:29 - Aug 3 with 1700 viewsA40Bosh

Eze Update on 13:17 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

Ornstein can say what he likes; in fact, West Ham may well be encouraging him to do so!

But we have no need to sell him for £15m or less as opposed to £20m....unless the owners are trying to recover investment.

We will have come in comfortably within FFP this season, and one our rolling 3 year loss will now have far more space in it than it has done since we came down. The revenue lost in this break was relatively little now they’re completing the season and retaining most of the Sky money.

Looking ahead, BOS’s sale injects further revenue and cash into the equation thus increasing our headroom on FFP.

With 2 years on Eze’s contract, we could even hold off until Jan, when some clubs, in particular those mentioned, might be desperate.

The ONLY reason we would be willing to take a lower offer now is if one or several of the shareholders want/need to recover some investments (i.e. loans), from QPR Holdings Ltd, which is something they’re entitled to do, but something they’ve promised they won’t had previously said they had no need to.

Hunter,

Ordinarily Pre-Covid world what you say about the owners not wanting to recover previous loans etc is true to an extent, but now with the lock down and no revenues, Hoos has been open that the owners are having to write a check for the club every month to keep us a float. So the aim was to become self funding as a club and we were well on the way to doing that until Covid rocked up.

I think it will be a case of who blinks first. Outwardly we can initially play the poker face and make out we are not a selling club and reject offers, which we apparently did for 12m....

But at some point before deadline day if we are still way short of getting him sold at £20m or above then there may be a call in to LH and LF from the Far East or from Amit asking what's the best price we have been offered for him and ordering us to go back to those clubs and ask if they are still interested.

edit: awful grammar.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 18:30]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Eze Update on 23:17 - Aug 3 with 1357 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze Update on 17:07 - Jul 20 by danehoop

Interesting that website is pedalling that Eze only has a year on his contract so should be cheaper. Not the most researched of articles.

Unsurprising really, it's a West Ham fanzine after all. Dumb.com would be more appropriate.
Eze Update on 23:32 - Aug 3 with 1319 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze Update on 13:17 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

Ornstein can say what he likes; in fact, West Ham may well be encouraging him to do so!

But we have no need to sell him for £15m or less as opposed to £20m....unless the owners are trying to recover investment.

We will have come in comfortably within FFP this season, and one our rolling 3 year loss will now have far more space in it than it has done since we came down. The revenue lost in this break was relatively little now they’re completing the season and retaining most of the Sky money.

Looking ahead, BOS’s sale injects further revenue and cash into the equation thus increasing our headroom on FFP.

With 2 years on Eze’s contract, we could even hold off until Jan, when some clubs, in particular those mentioned, might be desperate.

The ONLY reason we would be willing to take a lower offer now is if one or several of the shareholders want/need to recover some investments (i.e. loans), from QPR Holdings Ltd, which is something they’re entitled to do, but something they’ve promised they won’t had previously said they had no need to.

I'm with you on this one though I would add that you have to also take into account which players QPR are looking to recruit.

If there is any truth to the rumour that QPR want Hugill back then West Ham will clearly use him as leverage in a cash-plus-player deal for Eze. Ditto Luke Amos and Spurs. In these instances the bottleneck could be less about QPR's valuation of Eze and more about the valuation of the player coming in the opposite direction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024