Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 13:27 - Jul 20 with 22895 viewswinshoes

Alan Nixon, journalist, on twitter, saying we have had a £2 million bid accepted. Previously Wigan paid £4 million for the Welsh International forward.
Kieffer Moore on 14:15 - Jul 20 with 2430 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kieffer Moore on 14:08 - Jul 20 by bakerloo8

We want Hugill, they want Eze and or Manning.
If Hugill is happy at QPR surely theres a deal to be brokered.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:08]

Wages would surely be a problem, Bakerloo, as Frank posted above?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kieffer Moore on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 2408 viewsHunterhoop

Kieffer Moore on 13:51 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Could be good, and we'd own him, but it feels a bit weird getting rid of Matt Smith because he's a big lump with no back to goal game and then buying Kieffer Moore.

True, but:

a) his all round game: movement off the ball, touch, and finishing looks a lot better to me than Smith

b) we may have realised the error of our ways in selling Smith. 500k was too little for his effective on this league (and goal return this year)

I would say, with everything going on at Wigan, £2m seems a bit steep to me. Would prefer a lower outlay with conditions.

But...it may be fair to say there aren’t many forwards who will get you 10-15 goals at this level, and hold it up and link play, for less than £2m. And I reckon his wages will be quite cheap.
Kieffer Moore on 14:21 - Jul 20 with 2371 viewsNorthantsHoop

Kieffer Moore on 13:58 - Jul 20 by bakerloo8

Not a bad player is a position we are obviously desperate in.

Would prefer another year of Hugill to be honest, especially as there appears to be a deal to be done if Moyes interest in Eze and Manning is to be believed.

Go for both. Would be great to keep Hugill, but wages probably an issue. The sticky point is on player valuation, West Ham paid £10m for Hugill, and probably still has 18 months to 2 years left on his contract. Don't just want to give Eze and Manning away too cheaply, although who knows with Rangers. I have always throught Eze £15m plus Hugill the other way not a bad option. But wages might scupper that, reckon Palace would meet £20m valuation for Eze. They lost out on Bowen and might be prepared to offer more cash this time. Not sure on Manning he probably sits in the £3m to £4m bracket.
Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - Jul 20 with 2335 viewsDWQPR

Kieffer Moore on 14:14 - Jul 20 by FrankRightguard

Would you change jobs for 1/3rd of your current wage? I wouldn’t!

Deals nowadays can also include the ceding club paying some of the wages of the leaving player if they get a good enough fee for him. Or the player gets a big enough signing on fee to more than cover the reduction in salary. Either way Hugill would be for his career be better away from Wham to further his career and he certainly has blossomed under Warburton.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Kieffer Moore on 14:26 - Jul 20 with 2306 viewsFrankRightguard

I’d love to see him back but I fancy someone with deeper pockets than us will pick him up
Kieffer Moore on 14:29 - Jul 20 with 2290 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone know why he missed 8 consecutive games from 11th December to 11th January? Doesn't say he was injured. Were they thinking of selling him then?

He hasn't got a time share with Joel Lynch, has he?
Kieffer Moore on 14:29 - Jul 20 with 2285 viewsDubaiR

I honestly see him at Leeds, no more than a gut feeling. Would Sheff Utd get a tune out of him as Mcgoldrick is getting on now. Hugill a good back up to Mcburnie
Kieffer Moore on 14:30 - Jul 20 with 2279 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 14:17 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

True, but:

a) his all round game: movement off the ball, touch, and finishing looks a lot better to me than Smith

b) we may have realised the error of our ways in selling Smith. 500k was too little for his effective on this league (and goal return this year)

I would say, with everything going on at Wigan, £2m seems a bit steep to me. Would prefer a lower outlay with conditions.

But...it may be fair to say there aren’t many forwards who will get you 10-15 goals at this level, and hold it up and link play, for less than £2m. And I reckon his wages will be quite cheap.

Yeh difficult to find value in the striker market as we've discussed before. Preston are interested as well which probably restricts ability to put a properly shthouse bid in.

There's actually three or four players at Wigan in positions we're weak in that I wouldn't say no to having here.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 14:33 - Jul 20 with 2249 viewsDubaiR

I wouldn't mind the centre half from Wycombe (Stewart) looked a beast whenever seen. Mind you if you follow Josh Parker anywhere he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. handful of games over last few seasons but a very high opinion of himself
Kieffer Moore on 14:46 - Jul 20 with 2159 viewsEmpireStateRanger

We found a lot of success with the Hugill/Wells pairing earlier this season.

Guessing Moore fills the Hugill hole. Wonder if we’ll go after a smaller, quicker striker now to pair with him.
Kieffer Moore on 14:46 - Jul 20 with 2163 viewsPhildo

Doing some business early may send a signal that Eze will not be going cheap out of necessity.
Kieffer Moore on 14:48 - Jul 20 with 2147 viewsDubaiR

True, we also didn't spend last summers budget and raised money last summer.

We won't spend millions but reckon the BOS money may go on transfers, more of the kids coming into the squad and some shrewd freebies. I trust the board and MW. We spent 50k this summer and had our best season for a while
Kieffer Moore on 14:53 - Jul 20 with 2101 viewsdannyblue

Kieffer Moore on 14:30 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Yeh difficult to find value in the striker market as we've discussed before. Preston are interested as well which probably restricts ability to put a properly shthouse bid in.

There's actually three or four players at Wigan in positions we're weak in that I wouldn't say no to having here.

Sam Morsy please. Good needling. Played 40 games at least last three seasons.
Kieffer Moore on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 2039 viewsjoe90

Kieffer Moore on 13:38 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he was quietly impressive against us, granted in a completely dominant Wigan team. He's big, but he was decent in the air with some good movement and hold-up play.

Agreed, I thought he looked good against us.

I think he's what Matt Smith would be like if he could run.
Kieffer Moore on 15:04 - Jul 20 with 2031 viewsqpr1976

Likely not, but if your current employer wanted rid of you or your contract was about to end.....
And if no one else will pay close to your current wage ?

Stranger things have happened.
Kieffer Moore on 15:05 - Jul 20 with 2024 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Kieffer Moore on 13:56 - Jul 20 by Maggsinho

With the exception of Johnny Byrne.

And Simon Stainrod I seem to recall?
Kieffer Moore on 15:15 - Jul 20 with 1955 viewsbakerloo8

No, which is why if I were qpr I would be looking for west ham to stump up some money to pay for hugill if they want either of our players.
Kieffer Moore on 15:15 - Jul 20 with 1951 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 15:04 - Jul 20 by qpr1976

Likely not, but if your current employer wanted rid of you or your contract was about to end.....
And if no one else will pay close to your current wage ?

Stranger things have happened.

What you often find is if the parent club are really desperate to be rid that you can pick the player up and they'll pay a proportion of his wage, just to shift a percentage of it. We used to have to do that to get rid of our wasters. I wouldn't be that surprised to see Hugill back with us in one form or another.
Kieffer Moore on 15:19 - Jul 20 with 1912 viewsHunterhoop

Kieffer Moore on 14:30 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Preston sniffing about is a recommendation in itself! Buy! Buy! Buy!

In all seriousness, they’re one of the masters at getting by on a very low budget. If they think he’s value, he probably is.
Kieffer Moore on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 1904 viewsHunterhoop

Kieffer Moore on 14:33 - Jul 20 by DubaiR

I wouldn't mind the centre half from Wycombe (Stewart) looked a beast whenever seen. Mind you if you follow Josh Parker anywhere he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. handful of games over last few seasons but a very high opinion of himself

Ditto. Stewart looked a monster throughout the play off games. Got his head or boot on everything.
Kieffer Moore on 15:30 - Jul 20 with 1841 viewsrobith

Kieffer Moore on 14:46 - Jul 20 by Phildo

Doing some business early may send a signal that Eze will not be going cheap out of necessity.

Moneyball baby. You replace your outgoings first to increase the value of your existing asset
Kieffer Moore on 15:50 - Jul 20 with 1745 viewsAntti_Heinola

If West Ham want to sell and Hugill hasn't put in a transfer request, he won't be taking a huge wage cut. West Ham would have to compensate somehow.

Bare bones.

Kieffer Moore on 15:54 - Jul 20 with 1712 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 15:20 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

Ditto. Stewart looked a monster throughout the play off games. Got his head or boot on everything.

Weird career so far, bit of Wycombe, bit of Crewe, back to Wycombe. Looked amazing when I saw him this season. Just signed a two year contract extension I think.
Kieffer Moore on 15:57 - Jul 20 with 1690 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kieffer Moore on 15:54 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Weird career so far, bit of Wycombe, bit of Crewe, back to Wycombe. Looked amazing when I saw him this season. Just signed a two year contract extension I think.

The thing I can't figure out about him is how fast he is. I've only seen him play twice and neither oppo put the ball in behind. Has he got pace and turning ability?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kieffer Moore on 16:01 - Jul 20 with 1670 viewsLazyFan

I said before we should go for Moore. He's not amazin, but who is who is cheap enough and avilable?, but I am not sure his wages would be that big. For £2m that is great business for a champ forward. I bet the promoted teams would love to buy a champ forward at that price. I am suprised Wigan will sell for that low amount despite admin.

As for Smith, originally I thought it was a mistake. But now I see the logic in it. If we held onto Smith, we would have been higher up the table. But we would not have been able to sell him, you see the issue was not the fee but his wages (reported to be £10K per week). No way, even without C19 we would have been able to get rid of him for anything at the end of this season. No club will want to take on Smith for large wages at well over 30.

The problem is we did not sign a proper replacement, unless we do so now. Moore is younger, more mobile, not bad in the air (needs to actually improve this), more pace (not that anyone could be slower) and better at shooting. His goals have been less than Smiths as Wigan do not play lump ball like Millwall (despite what Millwall claim). Also Wigan do not have Jed Wallace causing havok all over the place. Jed is Millwalls stand out player that made them rise up the table this season.

We may also I suspect get Hugs back on loan, just in case Moore does not work out for us. No way we shall sign Hugs perm, as by the time he comes off his wages he will be too old. As said here, we need one more young un. Maybe train Smyth to finally come good?

Good attempt at filling our problem position this. Where else can we get an experienced Champ forward for £2m and in our wage structure?

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024