Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 13:27 - Jul 20 with 22841 viewswinshoes

Alan Nixon, journalist, on twitter, saying we have had a £2 million bid accepted. Previously Wigan paid £4 million for the Welsh International forward.
Kieffer Moore on 19:35 - Jul 20 with 3906 viewsRangersDave

Kieffer Moore on 17:35 - Jul 20 by elnombre

As I also have a season ticket at the DW I've seen Kieffer quite a bit - I think he'll do okay, but he was a slow starter at Wigan, think it was Jan before his first goal. Looked like a confidence thing to me, kept wide and hid behind the last defender for too many games.

On the plus side, check youtube for his goal at the fakes - I don't remember Matt Smith with that sort of touch.

I'm not sure I can commend too many others as worth a look - Morsy is a league one scrapper in my view, we cast an eye over 'Lionel' Massey last term, and he's dropped out of the first team picture a little since, Nathan Byrne at right back is nippy and has a good touch, and obviously if you can get Antonee Robinson, well, as if we have that kind of money...

Sorry Elnombre,

Saw your name, got an immediate 'ear worm', and hope you dont mind....... my son loved this......

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Kieffer Moore on 19:54 - Jul 20 with 3807 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 17:44 - Jul 20 by rls___

Can't believe that the "Roberto Francisco" part is actually true, I thought you were joking. A proper Welsh name

Needed another sophisticated cosmopolitan front man after Mathieu Smith...

Part Italian apparently. Let's hope more Stallion than Pelican.

Kieffer Moore on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 3792 viewskensalriser

Kieffer Moore on 19:54 - Jul 20 by rsonist

Needed another sophisticated cosmopolitan front man after Mathieu Smith...

Part Italian apparently. Let's hope more Stallion than Pelican.

New away kit?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kieffer Moore on 19:57 - Jul 20 with 3788 viewsMatch82

Kieffer Moore on 18:51 - Jul 20 by Antti_Heinola

Don't quite get the 'we sold Smith so why buy this guy' argument.
We sold Smith for a number of very good reasons - not least that he can barely get thrugh 90 mins and can't play twice in a few days. It also freed up cash for other buys/wages. We also sold him because his back to goal game was not awful, it was practically non-existent. Warbs did not sell him just because he's tall.
Also, most strikers should do very well with how we play football, and maybe a bigger presence up front could realy help create space for Chair.

Bit like saying we shouldn't buy lower league talent because Connor Washington didn't work out.
Kieffer Moore on 20:07 - Jul 20 with 3732 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 13:52 - Jul 20 by TacticalR

A couple of points:

1. Signing players 'who have played well against QPR' is the worst reason in the world for signing a player.

2. People are sniffy about Hugill, but Moore has only scored 9 goals all season, and 3 of those were in the last few weeks (1 against us, 2 against Hull). Obviously I hope he 'does a Hugill' and gets a better goal return in a team supplying more chances.

To be honest I always kinda thought signing a proven battering ram link up man with an unremarkable scoring record and relying on him for goals was missing the point a bit from the management and the fans POV. It's great we did succeed in getting him to excel himself to a degree but really his role ought to primarily have been to facilitate others and spread the danger around the side as a whole. Often he was more stranded than he should have been, for my liking.
Kieffer Moore on 20:13 - Jul 20 with 3702 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 15:19 - Jul 20 by Hunterhoop

Preston sniffing about is a recommendation in itself! Buy! Buy! Buy!

In all seriousness, they’re one of the masters at getting by on a very low budget. If they think he’s value, he probably is.

Preston haven't had a hit in a fair while, several years now actually. Moult and Stockley certainly haven't filled Hugill's shoes.
Kieffer Moore on 20:20 - Jul 20 with 3662 viewselnombre

Kieffer Moore on 19:35 - Jul 20 by RangersDave

Sorry Elnombre,

Saw your name, got an immediate 'ear worm', and hope you dont mind....... my son loved this......

Ha ha - that's where the name comes from - some of us were working from home waaaaay before it became fashionable...!
Kieffer Moore on 20:25 - Jul 20 with 3639 viewsLowerloftLad

championship experience
2mill
fits in with our wage structure and score goals
and will still have a few mill left over from the bos money
and its not a loan deal

all sounds promising to me

the fact we can spend money and we wont go mad on players is even more promising

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 20:29 - Jul 20 with 3614 viewsfrancisbowles

Kieffer Moore on 17:55 - Jul 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Sure Moore will be given loads more service by QPR than he was at Wigan - as with Hugill, if you
Can’t get a ‘season’s best goal tally’ playing warbs-ball, you never will....

If QPR can get Moore for £2m and Flog Eze and Manning to West Ham for £25m + Hugill, we’ll have a strike force with teeth and a bit of cash In the bank.

£25 million + Hugill + a ticket to the moon and a new Tesla for each of our season ticket holders+++

I had that dream last night as well.
Kieffer Moore on 20:36 - Jul 20 with 3560 viewsbosh67

Reading that other clubs in a better position are looking to gazump the move for Moore. Won't be the first time we've been used as bait. Let's see what happens.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kieffer Moore on 20:36 - Jul 20 with 3560 viewsrsonist

Just sifting through a Wigan forum about Moore now and they credit Cook getting more players around him to his spike in form - a hard grafting physical workhorse who needs a strike partner or support to that effect. Likened to Emile Heskey! In January they were suggesting he wasn't suited to the team but now seem to reckon £2m is a steal.

I'm undecided but as signings go it's intriguing at least. Probably leaked news early to drum up interest so not counting chickens yet.
Kieffer Moore on 21:12 - Jul 20 with 3417 views08olesen

Is this lad really an upgrade on Matt Smith? Goal tally would suggest otherwise. It appears to be a very standard championship move and I am not sure his ceiling is any higher than a mediocre championship striker. Reminds me of Gary Madine..

I understand we are strapped for cash but surely there are players in Germany, Spain, Italy etc. that we can pick up for less than 2m that could be a more saleable asset in the future.

Dare i say it, but this doesnt look like a Brentford style purchase and they surely have to be a gold standard for what we are trying to achieve re: selling players for profit etc.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Kieffer Moore on 21:23 - Jul 20 with 3355 viewsdaveB

Kieffer Moore on 18:51 - Jul 20 by Antti_Heinola

Don't quite get the 'we sold Smith so why buy this guy' argument.
We sold Smith for a number of very good reasons - not least that he can barely get thrugh 90 mins and can't play twice in a few days. It also freed up cash for other buys/wages. We also sold him because his back to goal game was not awful, it was practically non-existent. Warbs did not sell him just because he's tall.
Also, most strikers should do very well with how we play football, and maybe a bigger presence up front could realy help create space for Chair.

He also went as he asked to leave and wanted to start more games
Kieffer Moore on 21:52 - Jul 20 with 3219 viewsrsonist

He sounds more like Polter than Smith.
Kieffer Moore on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 3127 viewsVancouverHoop

A goal every two and a half games for Wigan, Barnsley and Rotherham, isn't too shabby. We should be able to provide more chances for him than any of them. So, for what I'd hope is a fairly short term, we could do a lot worse.
Kieffer Moore on 22:28 - Jul 20 with 3078 viewsGloucs_R

Kieffer Moore on 21:52 - Jul 20 by rsonist

He sounds more like Polter than Smith.

I liked Polter, thought he got a hard time as people compared him to Austin and Zamora.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kieffer Moore on 23:00 - Jul 20 with 2959 viewskensalriser

Kieffer Moore on 21:12 - Jul 20 by 08olesen

Is this lad really an upgrade on Matt Smith? Goal tally would suggest otherwise. It appears to be a very standard championship move and I am not sure his ceiling is any higher than a mediocre championship striker. Reminds me of Gary Madine..

I understand we are strapped for cash but surely there are players in Germany, Spain, Italy etc. that we can pick up for less than 2m that could be a more saleable asset in the future.

Dare i say it, but this doesnt look like a Brentford style purchase and they surely have to be a gold standard for what we are trying to achieve re: selling players for profit etc.

We've been a lower than mediocre Championship side for the last few years, so mediocre championship players should represent an improvement.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kieffer Moore on 23:56 - Jul 20 with 2804 viewsMyke

Kieffer Moore on 17:18 - Jul 20 by LazyFan

If that is so, how come we can command £4.7m for BOS?
£2m will get you Furlong who I rate. Manning we shall get that min for him if not more.

I don't get why you would be surprised that Bright would be worth at least twice as much as Manning.
(A) He is a forward player whereas Manning is perceived as a defender +£1m
(B) He is an English National and Manning isn't +£1m
(c) He is 2 years younger than Manning + £500 -750K

Difficult to make a comparison between Furlong and Manning. Furlong is good in the air, Manning isn't. Furlong is comfortable defending and going forward is a added bonus, Manning is the opposite. Manning is very good at set play, Furlong prefers to be on the end of it. Manning has nearly twice as many Championship games under his belt than Furlong. Furlong is English, Manning isn't. Finally, Manning has 11 months left on his current contract and is refusing to sign a new one, so anything above £2m would be a very welcome surprise
Kieffer Moore on 00:11 - Jul 21 with 2766 viewsLoftgirl

Kieffer Moore on 13:56 - Jul 20 by Maggsinho

With the exception of Johnny Byrne.

And Simon Stainrod.
Sorry, I replied before I had read the whole thread. I got a bit over excited.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 0:30]
Kieffer Moore on 10:22 - Jul 21 with 2300 viewsterryb

Kieffer Moore on 00:11 - Jul 21 by Loftgirl

And Simon Stainrod.
Sorry, I replied before I had read the whole thread. I got a bit over excited.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 0:30]

And a certain Stanley Bowles!
Kieffer Moore on 12:57 - Jul 21 with 2002 viewscpgerber

Kieffer Moore on 23:56 - Jul 20 by Myke

I don't get why you would be surprised that Bright would be worth at least twice as much as Manning.
(A) He is a forward player whereas Manning is perceived as a defender +£1m
(B) He is an English National and Manning isn't +£1m
(c) He is 2 years younger than Manning + £500 -750K

Difficult to make a comparison between Furlong and Manning. Furlong is good in the air, Manning isn't. Furlong is comfortable defending and going forward is a added bonus, Manning is the opposite. Manning is very good at set play, Furlong prefers to be on the end of it. Manning has nearly twice as many Championship games under his belt than Furlong. Furlong is English, Manning isn't. Finally, Manning has 11 months left on his current contract and is refusing to sign a new one, so anything above £2m would be a very welcome surprise

Bright could link up with Nigeria, which would be a disaster for whoever buys him. So not sure his nationality is an advantage over Manning's.
Kieffer Moore on 13:45 - Jul 21 with 1796 viewsA40Bosh

Kieffer Moore on 12:57 - Jul 21 by cpgerber

Bright could link up with Nigeria, which would be a disaster for whoever buys him. So not sure his nationality is an advantage over Manning's.

Yes, I was thinking that one through about whether nationality is that much of a consideration and whether it pushes the price up of 2nd tier English players

In theory if you are a Championship club then having an "English" national means that there is probably less risk of them actually getting called up for international duty by England and therefore less risk of losing them through duty or injury sustained whilst on duty. It seems that over the last few years we have had a good few international players (Mass and Nakhi to name just a few ) who would be called up for their national teams regularly.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Kieffer Moore on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 1657 viewsBazzeR

If we were to assume that our offer to Wigan was conditionally accepted unless a larger bid came in is there any time constraints that the administrators would need to adhere to before a new owner for Wigan be found ?
Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - Jul 21 with 1605 viewsNorthernr

Interesting numbers...

Hugill
30 in 114 for Preston
7 in 41 for Boro
15 in 41 for us
52 in 196 apps or one every 3.7 games

Moore
13 in 25 for Rotherham
23 in 51 for Barnsley
9 in 35 for wigan
45 in 111 or one every 2.46 games

Albeit Moore was in League One with Barnsley and Rotherham.
Kieffer Moore on 14:56 - Jul 21 with 1486 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Interesting numbers...

Hugill
30 in 114 for Preston
7 in 41 for Boro
15 in 41 for us
52 in 196 apps or one every 3.7 games

Moore
13 in 25 for Rotherham
23 in 51 for Barnsley
9 in 35 for wigan
45 in 111 or one every 2.46 games

Albeit Moore was in League One with Barnsley and Rotherham.

It's 2020, goals aren't numbers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024