Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer Moore 13:27 - Jul 20 with 22868 viewswinshoes

Alan Nixon, journalist, on twitter, saying we have had a £2 million bid accepted. Previously Wigan paid £4 million for the Welsh International forward.
Kieffer Moore on 14:56 - Jul 21 with 5263 viewsDavieQPR

Kieffer Moore on 14:11 - Jul 21 by BazzeR

If we were to assume that our offer to Wigan was conditionally accepted unless a larger bid came in is there any time constraints that the administrators would need to adhere to before a new owner for Wigan be found ?

Administrator can sell players but only in the transfer window.
Kieffer Moore on 15:12 - Jul 21 with 5094 viewsbakerloo8

Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Interesting numbers...

Hugill
30 in 114 for Preston
7 in 41 for Boro
15 in 41 for us
52 in 196 apps or one every 3.7 games

Moore
13 in 25 for Rotherham
23 in 51 for Barnsley
9 in 35 for wigan
45 in 111 or one every 2.46 games

Albeit Moore was in League One with Barnsley and Rotherham.

Interesting numbers regarding Moore.
Thing is, if we drawing a comparison between him and Hugill you also need to factor in the fact that Hugill is proven at QPR and fits in to our style of play, the fact that Moore has always been at (poorer) northern clubs there is no guarantee he would be decent here.

Dont get me wrong, I am not against the signing, I think it would be a decent one, I just think if were drawing comparisons with Hugill I'd rather go with him instead.
Kieffer Moore on 15:15 - Jul 21 with 5120 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 15:12 - Jul 21 by bakerloo8

Interesting numbers regarding Moore.
Thing is, if we drawing a comparison between him and Hugill you also need to factor in the fact that Hugill is proven at QPR and fits in to our style of play, the fact that Moore has always been at (poorer) northern clubs there is no guarantee he would be decent here.

Dont get me wrong, I am not against the signing, I think it would be a decent one, I just think if were drawing comparisons with Hugill I'd rather go with him instead.

I'm only drawing the comparison really because that's who he's likely to be replacing.
They do have quite similar backgrounds - late comers into pro football via a clutch of stints with non league clubs.
Hugill's wage probably makes him staying a non starter unless he's coming back on loan or West Ham are willing to swallow a chunk of his salary to get him off the books.
Kieffer Moore on 15:17 - Jul 21 with 5057 viewsbakerloo8

Kieffer Moore on 15:15 - Jul 21 by Northernr

I'm only drawing the comparison really because that's who he's likely to be replacing.
They do have quite similar backgrounds - late comers into pro football via a clutch of stints with non league clubs.
Hugill's wage probably makes him staying a non starter unless he's coming back on loan or West Ham are willing to swallow a chunk of his salary to get him off the books.

Moore would be mo(o)re of a risk than Hugill but again, if we were to get him for 2m then I dont think anyone could say that wasnt good business.
Kieffer Moore on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 5085 viewsNorthernr

Kieffer Moore on 15:17 - Jul 21 by bakerloo8

Moore would be mo(o)re of a risk than Hugill but again, if we were to get him for 2m then I dont think anyone could say that wasnt good business.

As previously discussed on here, you don't usually get a striker with any kind of Championship goalscoring record for £2m in this market. Makes him well worth a punt.
Kieffer Moore on 15:26 - Jul 21 with 5060 viewsMyke

Kieffer Moore on 14:24 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Interesting numbers...

Hugill
30 in 114 for Preston
7 in 41 for Boro
15 in 41 for us
52 in 196 apps or one every 3.7 games

Moore
13 in 25 for Rotherham
23 in 51 for Barnsley
9 in 35 for wigan
45 in 111 or one every 2.46 games

Albeit Moore was in League One with Barnsley and Rotherham.

I think someone said on the thread that he didn't score his first goal for Wigan until after xmas, which coincided with their significant upturn in form. IF we sign him (I'm reading that Bright deal to Belgium has 'collapsed' -was that money ear-marked for Moore?) then a 10-12 goal return + a handful of assists would be decent value for money - but it won't fire you into the prem
Kieffer Moore on 16:02 - Jul 21 with 4923 viewsderbyhoop

Assuming it goes ahead (and an early announcement can easily scupper that), we'd be getting a reasonable Championship quality striker for a position we've struggled with for 2 seasons.
Is he the canine's testicles? Of course not. But as Clive pointed out his Goals per Game record is not that bad. Can we make it better and can we get somebody else in to play alongside him? If we can, then, in today's market, £2m for a 27 year old 6'5" Welsh international could prove to be a bargain.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kieffer Moore on 16:30 - Jul 21 with 4837 viewsRussian__Bot

Kieffer Moore on 15:26 - Jul 21 by Myke

I think someone said on the thread that he didn't score his first goal for Wigan until after xmas, which coincided with their significant upturn in form. IF we sign him (I'm reading that Bright deal to Belgium has 'collapsed' -was that money ear-marked for Moore?) then a 10-12 goal return + a handful of assists would be decent value for money - but it won't fire you into the prem

Strange to say for a striker but should also factor in it being reasonable to assume he could hwlp stop us conceding 4 or 5 goals.

We've conceded 10+ goals from corners this season. Warburton was saying after the game on Sat about corners there's only so much you can do on set pieces if they are marking players 5 or 6 inches taller which is a fair point

On Saturday we had Chair up front. A lot of this season Nahki Wells who isn't that much taller. Leistner has been replaced by Masterson who's little frame sees him bullied by Millwalls biggest and the Aidan Flints of the league in a way Toni couldn't be

Warburton has recognised Moore would add the physicality we lack defending set pieces
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer Moore on 21:01 - Jul 21 with 4600 viewsbillericaydicky

Kieffer Moore on 16:02 - Jul 21 by derbyhoop

Assuming it goes ahead (and an early announcement can easily scupper that), we'd be getting a reasonable Championship quality striker for a position we've struggled with for 2 seasons.
Is he the canine's testicles? Of course not. But as Clive pointed out his Goals per Game record is not that bad. Can we make it better and can we get somebody else in to play alongside him? If we can, then, in today's market, £2m for a 27 year old 6'5" Welsh international could prove to be a bargain.

Millwall have bid for Moore too apparently.
Kieffer Moore on 21:15 - Jul 21 with 4526 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 21:01 - Jul 21 by billericaydicky

Well that's that then, no way we can compete with their ambition.
Kieffer Moore on 09:40 - Jul 22 with 4008 viewsterryb

Kieffer Moore on 21:01 - Jul 21 by billericaydicky

This is something I don't understand.

Not that Millwallhave bid, but we were reported as having had a bid for £2 million accepted & it was reported thatthe Millwall bid was for £1.85 million.

No administrator can accept the lower offer unless our's was in installments & Millweall's was for one payment. Mind you, I'm doubtful that they can accept anything apart from cash on the nose.
Kieffer Moore on 10:11 - Jul 22 with 3956 viewsRBlock

Kieffer Moore on 16:30 - Jul 21 by Russian__Bot

Strange to say for a striker but should also factor in it being reasonable to assume he could hwlp stop us conceding 4 or 5 goals.

We've conceded 10+ goals from corners this season. Warburton was saying after the game on Sat about corners there's only so much you can do on set pieces if they are marking players 5 or 6 inches taller which is a fair point

On Saturday we had Chair up front. A lot of this season Nahki Wells who isn't that much taller. Leistner has been replaced by Masterson who's little frame sees him bullied by Millwalls biggest and the Aidan Flints of the league in a way Toni couldn't be

Warburton has recognised Moore would add the physicality we lack defending set pieces

Absolutely. I remember how important Charlie Austin was at defending corners for us, Matt Smith as well. Definitely saved us a few goals over the course of a season.
Kieffer Moore on 14:16 - Jul 22 with 3659 viewsBklynRanger

ANNOUNCE MOORE!

Kieffer Moore on 14:18 - Jul 22 with 3644 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Kieffer Moore on 14:23 - Jul 22 with 3605 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 09:40 - Jul 22 by terryb

This is something I don't understand.

Not that Millwallhave bid, but we were reported as having had a bid for £2 million accepted & it was reported thatthe Millwall bid was for £1.85 million.

No administrator can accept the lower offer unless our's was in installments & Millweall's was for one payment. Mind you, I'm doubtful that they can accept anything apart from cash on the nose.

Nixon on Twitter suggests the important bit is how much is being offered up front.
Kieffer Moore on 14:32 - Jul 22 with 3546 viewsHunterhoop

Kieffer Moore on 14:23 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Nixon on Twitter suggests the important bit is how much is being offered up front.

Where are Millwall actually getting cash from?? Who have they sold? I get they may have more wriggle room in their salary budget and the resulting loss vs FFP (albeit not much lower than us), how are they throwing this sort of cash? They don’t even have wealthy backers able to loan it interest free until income comes in from a player sale, do they?
Kieffer Moore on 14:48 - Jul 22 with 3481 viewsrsonist

Kieffer Moore on 14:32 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

Where are Millwall actually getting cash from?? Who have they sold? I get they may have more wriggle room in their salary budget and the resulting loss vs FFP (albeit not much lower than us), how are they throwing this sort of cash? They don’t even have wealthy backers able to loan it interest free until income comes in from a player sale, do they?

They sold George Saville to Boro for £7m a year ago but are generally very frugal. Two, three million a summer ought to be within their natural means at this level I should think.

Edit: here's the SwissRamble analysis on them:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1199233466652643328.html
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 14:54]
Kieffer Moore on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 3010 viewsGloucs_R

Boro have made a bid too apparently.

Proper Warnock type player.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kieffer Moore on 18:10 - Jul 23 with 2959 viewsloftus77

Kieffer Moore on 18:00 - Jul 23 by Gloucs_R

Boro have made a bid too apparently.

Proper Warnock type player.

I guess 'Boro will have parachute money that we haven't.
Kieffer Moore on 18:41 - Jul 23 with 2803 viewsDavieQPR

Kieffer Moore on 18:10 - Jul 23 by loftus77

I guess 'Boro will have parachute money that we haven't.

Have they or are are they finished? Believe they ran out this season as they only got 2 years because they only spent 1 year in Prem.
Kieffer Moore on 20:15 - Jul 23 with 2535 viewsKonk

Don't feel obliged to use them, but you can have these for free.

If things are going well:

Kieffer Moore
Kieffer Moore
Mon amour
Scoring goals,
like only Kieffer can do

If things ain't going so well:

Kieffer Moore
Kieffer Moore
Mon amour
Score some goals like you're
Supposed to do
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 20:24]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Kieffer Moore on 09:10 - Jul 24 with 1964 viewscyprusmel

Kieffer Moore on 20:15 - Jul 23 by Konk

Don't feel obliged to use them, but you can have these for free.

If things are going well:

Kieffer Moore
Kieffer Moore
Mon amour
Scoring goals,
like only Kieffer can do

If things ain't going so well:

Kieffer Moore
Kieffer Moore
Mon amour
Score some goals like you're
Supposed to do
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 20:24]

My word !
Kieffer Moore on 09:27 - Jul 24 with 1901 viewsdaveB

Kieffer Moore on 14:32 - Jul 22 by Hunterhoop

They've had a few cup runs in recent years as well which have brought money in
Kieffer Moore on 09:33 - Jul 24 with 1868 viewsRBlock

Kieffer Moore on 09:27 - Jul 24 by daveB

They've had a few cup runs in recent years as well which have brought money in

A what run?
Kieffer Moore on 09:40 - Jul 24 with 1841 viewsCamberleyR

Kieffer Moore on 18:41 - Jul 23 by DavieQPR

Have they or are are they finished? Believe they ran out this season as they only got 2 years because they only spent 1 year in Prem.

That's correct. They only received payments for the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024