Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 96319 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:35 - Aug 16 with 3014 viewsMaggsinho

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:18 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Signed at colossal expense and considerable fanfare last summer, with a 2 year contract at 32 years old, he spent time on loan at Cardiff after Christmas and while still with Forest they’re now gaggin to cut him, and his wage, which they agreed to exactly 12 months ago.

None of this sht seems to resonate at all with our social media fans. They aspire to it.

It’s amazing how quickly fans will latch onto any old Twitter account posting transfer ‘news’. Set up an account, get a few followers and tweet ‘#QPR transfer news incoming’ and you’ll have them hanging off your every word.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:46 - Aug 16 with 2981 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:05 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Grimsby official Twitter feed and their LFW equivalent Cod Almighty worth a follow as Ian Holloway goes on a weird trolley dash around the depths of non-league and comes back with 5 forwards.

There really is no envy quite like seeing another club buy a non-league goalscorer is there?

Not sure the club realise just how peaceful and content we'd be if we signed an Ira Jackson Jr and a Montel Gibson.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 2974 viewsrsonist

Bilal Mohnsi and Ollie on the other hand.... seems an unwise combination.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:35 - Aug 16 with 2831 viewsDannyPaddox

https://socceronsunday.com/article/ronaldo-signs-for-barcelona-in-shock-110-mill

It’s a biggie
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 2519 viewsbosh67

John Mikel Obi signing for Stoke. God knows how much he will costs them in wages for the year but he's a quality player at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:11 - Aug 17 with 2359 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:27 - Aug 16 by bosh67

John Mikel Obi signing for Stoke. God knows how much he will costs them in wages for the year but he's a quality player at this level.

Oslo, Chelsea, Tianjin, Middlesbrough, Trabzon and Stoke.

He knows how to pick them!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:03 - Aug 17 with 2204 viewsNorthernr

Didn't really know where to put this but it must be seen and judged.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:36 - Aug 17 with 2125 viewsPhildo

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:03 - Aug 17 by Northernr

I know we established that the majority of us are not young but that put me firmly in the old man not understanding the modern world camp. Or something.
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:03 - Aug 17 with 2047 viewsHAYESBOY

Fck off!

[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 9:04]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:17 - Aug 17 with 2004 viewspaulparker

Who is he ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:21 - Aug 17 with 2001 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:17 - Aug 17 by paulparker

Who is he ?

Brentford winger, or at least he was until the last few games of the season when he became Brentford spectator.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 1971 viewsNorthernr

Seb Polter signs for Fortuna Sittard.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:36 - Aug 17 with 1949 viewsted_hendrix

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:17 - Aug 17 by paulparker

Who is he ?

He's a gonk.

But that f ucking music should be banned, I'd rather listen to my fridge/freezer hum.

Gonk.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 1889 viewsCamberleyR

What an absolute cock.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:55 - Aug 17 with 1867 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That vid is just wow.

Did anyone ever cut a deflated plastic football in half and wear it as a shit hat?

That was my first impression 'pon seeing his new hair.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:22 - Aug 17 with 1796 viewsHunterhoop

Wow. No doubt spent spent ages on that and thought it made him look good. Maybe it does to the intended audience. I don’t know.

But those lyrics?! How can anyone think they’re good. He knows how to f*ck and to fight. He’s 25; does he want a pat on the back. The only thing the video showed is he loves having his hair cut, beard shaved and pissing about in a pool, with another bloke. And evidence in the play offs suggests he really doesn’t know how to fight. Prize d*ckhead.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:04 - Aug 17 with 1738 viewsTheChef

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:22 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Wow. No doubt spent spent ages on that and thought it made him look good. Maybe it does to the intended audience. I don’t know.

But those lyrics?! How can anyone think they’re good. He knows how to f*ck and to fight. He’s 25; does he want a pat on the back. The only thing the video showed is he loves having his hair cut, beard shaved and pissing about in a pool, with another bloke. And evidence in the play offs suggests he really doesn’t know how to fight. Prize d*ckhead.

Not really much to add other than 'bloke who gets paid a lot of money to kick a ball about goes on expensive holiday to show off to his other mates who get paid a lot of money to kick a ball about'.

As well as alienating your average football who would have to work at least five years to earn what he does in a month.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:16 - Aug 17 with 1712 viewsrsonist

Put the play off heartache behind him already. Elite mentality.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 1636 viewsDannytheR

Sorry, which one of them is going to fk him all night?

Ah, to see Peter Gilham's face right now...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:18 - Aug 17 with 1526 viewsenfieldargh

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:04 - Aug 17 by TheChef

Not really much to add other than 'bloke who gets paid a lot of money to kick a ball about goes on expensive holiday to show off to his other mates who get paid a lot of money to kick a ball about'.

As well as alienating your average football who would have to work at least five years to earn what he does in a month.

Don’t think Brentford are really paying him what he’s worth

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:50 - Aug 17 with 1455 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry if already mentioned, but Spurs have signed Joe Hart on a free apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53803874
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:53 - Aug 17 with 1440 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:50 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry if already mentioned, but Spurs have signed Joe Hart on a free apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53803874

JUst going down that weird Lee Grant, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Andy Lonergan path of non-playing 3rd/4th choice keeper for club with more money than it knows what to do with. Exactly what the 'homegrown player' rules were brought in to promote of course.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:55 - Aug 17 with 1431 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:53 - Aug 17 by Northernr

JUst going down that weird Lee Grant, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Andy Lonergan path of non-playing 3rd/4th choice keeper for club with more money than it knows what to do with. Exactly what the 'homegrown player' rules were brought in to promote of course.

You can add Green moving to Chelsea to that list too.

He must have one hell of a agent.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:01 - Aug 17 with 1379 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:04 - Aug 17 by TheChef

Couldn’t agree more
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:04 - Aug 17 with 1372 viewsDannyPaddox

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:32 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Seb Polter signs for Fortuna Sittard.

ve got a Fortuna Sittard story. My cousin is married to a Dutch bloke and has lived in Sittard for years. There are two teams in Sittard. Fortuna (the league team) and DVO (the amateur team). My cousin and her hubby are involved with the running of DVO - more the social side. Back in the mid 80s I was in the area and stayed with them for a few days. One evening Thom invites me along to football training. I’d been living and working (and partying) in West Berlin and hadn’t kicked a ball for a year so I wasn’t sure how I’d last a training session. However it was a lovely spring evening and I remember being mildly impressed with myself especially during the 7-a-side at the end. I certainly didn’t stand out as being below par though I did notice I was getting some attention.

In the bar afterwards Thom says to me - the boys weren’t very impressed. I replied what are you taking about. He says he told them beforehand as well as being his wife’s cousin I was also an up and coming youth player from Ipswich Town and had just been loaned to Fortuna for a year. Fortuna were sort of an Ipswich feeder club at the time and these sort of deals weren’t uncommon.

The bastard - I was happy running around in the evening sun recovering from a year of mad living and partying while a bunch of Dutch blokes were scrutinising my every move expecting to see the new Paul Mariner. Hopefully Seb gets a better reception.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024