Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze BOS and Manning. 20:03 - Jul 20 with 1792 viewsconnell10

If they all go that's alot of skill being taken out of the team. I wonder if we will still be able to play our free flowing football next season? They will be very hard to replace.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:06 - Jul 20 with 1773 viewsMatch82

We managed it without BOS at the weekend although that was a surprise. Take Eze out as well and it becomes difficult though hopefully if we did play less "freeflowing" football it's because we've solidified at the back a bit
Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:07 - Jul 20 with 1769 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bettache, Shodipo & Kakay? Chair is already fairly established now.

The grass is always greener.

Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:11 - Jul 20 with 1752 viewsconnell10

Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:07 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

Bettache, Shodipo & Kakay? Chair is already fairly established now.

I like to think so mate but I cant see all of them stepping maybe one if we are lucky.

Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:16 - Jul 20 with 1723 viewsManinBlack

This is where the previous Swansea model and now Brentford succeed. Whoever they let go is replaced by a player equally as good in the same role. The key is to replace like with like of the same quality. Clearly if you replace the quality of Les Ferdinand with Mark Hateley you get relegated...
Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:45 - Jul 20 with 1648 viewsDavieQPR

We also did without BOS for the first half of the season because he only started to turn it on around Xmas time. Manning hasn't really got skill just a good left foot.
Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:52 - Jul 20 with 1621 viewsQPROslo

Manning and Chair, plus a Keeper can be sold for as much as we can get for me. But I want to keep Eze and BOS, the latter especially looking unlikely now.
Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:57 - Jul 20 with 1602 viewsconnell10

Eze BOS and Manning. on 20:45 - Jul 20 by DavieQPR

We also did without BOS for the first half of the season because he only started to turn it on around Xmas time. Manning hasn't really got skill just a good left foot.

Oh mate the boy has got skill, he is far more than just a left foot. Love him.

Eze BOS and Manning. on 21:55 - Jul 20 with 1494 viewsLazyFan

Chair will stay and Kakay has already stepped up.

We need a creative midfielder to replace Eze though, a Winger to replace BOS. Cannot expect Chair to create all the chances, especially if Shodpio does not make it.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 10:58]

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Eze BOS and Manning. on 22:28 - Jul 20 with 1414 viewsVancouverHoop

It's surely not out of the question that Eze might stick around till January, or when ever the transfer deadline is now? We're not as desperate to sell as we were last season, and word is prices will be deflated. He's got another year on his contract, so why not hold on to him for a bit longer?
Eze BOS and Manning. on 05:43 - Jul 21 with 1246 viewsnix

Part of it is down to the manager. After all we had these players last season and didn't approach the entertainment we've had this season. Warburton is known for playing in an attacking, and some might say kamikaze, way at times with all his teams. We'd be far more likely to change style if we lost him.

Obviously it would be hard, if not impossible, to replace the quality of Eze and BOS but I think MW will be looking for players with attacking intent and a certain amount of flair because that's how he likes to play. It's similar to why a Mourinho Man U team is very different to a Solskjaer one, despite having almost the same players.
Eze BOS and Manning. on 06:25 - Jul 21 with 1205 viewsstevec

When you’ve reached your 46th game and still battling hard to avoid 16th place maybe replacing them is the least of your problems.

Next season is about replacing the 70 goal problem behind them.
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:48 - Jul 21 with 1091 viewstimcocking

Eze BOS and Manning. on 08:40 - Jul 21 with 1034 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze BOS and Manning. on 06:25 - Jul 21 by stevec

When you’ve reached your 46th game and still battling hard to avoid 16th place maybe replacing them is the least of your problems.

Yes, but without them this season the 70 goals may have sunk us.

But you're right about the defending as a whole. Every set piece we defend is a new adventure!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze BOS and Manning. on 08:54 - Jul 21 with 1001 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eze BOS and Manning. on 08:40 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, but without them this season the 70 goals may have sunk us.

But you're right about the defending as a whole. Every set piece we defend is a new adventure!

It would be very interesting to hear what Neil Banfield and John Eustace have to say about our defending; without the need to have to defend what we are actually seeing.

The grass is always greener.

Eze BOS and Manning. on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 783 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze BOS and Manning. on 05:43 - Jul 21 by nix

Part of it is down to the manager. After all we had these players last season and didn't approach the entertainment we've had this season. Warburton is known for playing in an attacking, and some might say kamikaze, way at times with all his teams. We'd be far more likely to change style if we lost him.

Obviously it would be hard, if not impossible, to replace the quality of Eze and BOS but I think MW will be looking for players with attacking intent and a certain amount of flair because that's how he likes to play. It's similar to why a Mourinho Man U team is very different to a Solskjaer one, despite having almost the same players.

I don't think we play in a kamikaze way at all.
We've made some silly mistakes at the back when passing, but it's not like we over-commit going forward much. Our biggest problem at the back, by some distance, is defending free kicks and corners. In particular, balls to the back post where we have been vulnerable all season.

Bare bones.

Eze BOS and Manning. on 14:06 - Jul 22 with 719 viewsMatch82

Eze BOS and Manning. on 06:25 - Jul 21 by stevec

"still battling hard" - I don't think you've watched us much since the restart! Coasting into 13th might be a better way of phrasing it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024