Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie announces retirement 16:26 - Jul 21 with 2841 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Surely one for the Forever Rs (if not in it already)

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 16:29 - Jul 21 with 2819 viewsNewhopphoops

He's going to be doing mad triathlons and ultra-distance challenges within months.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 16:31 - Jul 21 with 2811 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hope it treats him well. He deserves it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 18:06 - Jul 21 with 2655 viewsMyke

Thought of Mackie's goal v Man City when I watched Kane head home against Millwall. A great example of how sheer hard work can compensate for limited technical ability.Gave us one of the most memorable recent moments against Liverpool. Top bloke. Wish him well for whatever he does next.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 18:08 - Jul 21 with 2641 viewsBoston

Boots off, relax, it’s wacky baccy for Mackie time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 18:27 - Jul 21 with 2600 viewsted_hendrix

Couple of quotes from the local rag up here or down there depending on where you live;

"It was an extremely tough decision because I have loved every moment of being a footballer and it's all I've ever wanted to do"
"But it's time for a new challenge. If that's in football in some way then great, but if not then I can walk away knowing that I have given it everything I had to give in every training session and in every game I played."

That night against the Scouse gits at LR and his goal and celebration at the Etihad will stick with me for a very long time, special moments.

Jamie Mackie was a proper bloke.

I sincerely wish him well for the future.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 19:10 - Jul 21 with 2497 viewsLongsufferingR

"I have given it everything I had to give in every training session and in every game I played."

He's right there. Not many can honestly say that.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 19:28 - Jul 21 with 2471 viewsrsonist

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 16:29 - Jul 21 by Newhopphoops

He's going to be doing mad triathlons and ultra-distance challenges within months.

Yeah Mackie and retirement just doesn't work together.

Could we give him a job as a ball boy at least?
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 20:17 - Jul 21 with 2378 viewsParkRoyalR

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 18:27 - Jul 21 by ted_hendrix

Couple of quotes from the local rag up here or down there depending on where you live;

"It was an extremely tough decision because I have loved every moment of being a footballer and it's all I've ever wanted to do"
"But it's time for a new challenge. If that's in football in some way then great, but if not then I can walk away knowing that I have given it everything I had to give in every training session and in every game I played."

That night against the Scouse gits at LR and his goal and celebration at the Etihad will stick with me for a very long time, special moments.

Jamie Mackie was a proper bloke.

I sincerely wish him well for the future.

A proper decent bloke and a very talented player in his prime with a great eye for goal,

Won't forget the time he presented a shirt to a young fan I was with (who's dad was a diehard R's fan who very sadly passed away too young)

i said thanks Jamie, means alot, he did'nt know the circumstances as it was an end of game moment and he just came into the stand to give a young fan his shirt, and says back...'no thank you guys for coming' .....met his since in the barbers and just chatted about the R's like a proper fan - R's legend.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 20:54 - Jul 21 with 2320 viewsbosh67

Will make a fortune as a motivational coach. Walking in a Mackie wonderland!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 21:58 - Jul 21 with 2241 viewsWokingR

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 20:17 - Jul 21 by ParkRoyalR

A proper decent bloke and a very talented player in his prime with a great eye for goal,

Won't forget the time he presented a shirt to a young fan I was with (who's dad was a diehard R's fan who very sadly passed away too young)

i said thanks Jamie, means alot, he did'nt know the circumstances as it was an end of game moment and he just came into the stand to give a young fan his shirt, and says back...'no thank you guys for coming' .....met his since in the barbers and just chatted about the R's like a proper fan - R's legend.

Met him too with his wife and kids and, like you say, just a genuine and really nice bloke.
Good luck to him in whatever he does
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 22:37 - Jul 21 with 2190 viewsisawqpratwcity

He was great for us in a wildly roller-coaster time. I wish him all the best in whatever he goes on to do.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 2177 viewsLowerloftLad

derby away will be up there for me the 2-2 draw seemed to keep up believing and ticking over at the time that season

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 00:50 - Jul 22 with 2085 viewsjohncharles

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 19:28 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Yeah Mackie and retirement just doesn't work together.

Could we give him a job as a ball boy at least?

Yeah but none of the other ball boys would get a look in. He would beat a spaniel to the ball

Strong and stable my arse.

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 00:52 - Jul 22 with 2082 viewsjohncharles

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 00:50 - Jul 22 by johncharles

Yeah but none of the other ball boys would get a look in. He would beat a spaniel to the ball

Should have added all the best in the future Jamie, Rangers Legend

Strong and stable my arse.

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 03:40 - Jul 22 with 2030 viewstimcocking

Cheers Jamie, you'll always be welcome at Loftus Road.

It was a nice sense of de ja vu watching Jamie's header against Man City get scored against Millwall the other day.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 07:54 - Jul 22 with 1950 viewslondonscottish

I met him once when I took my lad and his mate to the Fanzone and then again when he hosted a stadium tour.

Absolutely top bloke. Nothing was too much trouble for him.

I was in the Loft when he scored his Pool goal.

Watched it all over again in the C&S.

Legend.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 08:52 - Jul 22 with 1893 viewsconnell10

Underrated player and a good egg. All the luck in the future mate your a top bloke!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 1867 viewsGalileo

Never gave up and ran his socks off for 0-90 minutes, or 95 in the case of the 2-2 at Derby.
Goals against the Scoucers and City will live long in the memory as will his tireless enthusiasm for the game, as others have commented he just wanted to play football.

Polar opposite of many a modern day footballer.

Enjoy your retirement Jamie, hope to see you down at LR some day soon
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 09:23 - Jul 22 with 1847 viewsMichael_Hunt

Whilst I agree the goals at Derby, Man City and against Liverpool were special; for me his second at Leicester that promotion season summed him up perfectly. He had no right to be anywhere near the ball, the Leicester defender on the far side of the field had the situation under control (or so he thought) JM belted from the near side to rob the guy and then just slotted it home from a very tight angle.

All the best Jamie, would really like to see you do something within football as your enthusiasm
is magnetic..
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 09:28 - Jul 22 with 1839 viewsfrancisbowles

A great man for our club and the game. Probably the most honest player in the last 50 years.

He shouldn't just be inducted into Forever Rs, he should be made a Vice President.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 10:04 - Jul 22 with 1803 viewsLythamR

Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 09:28 - Jul 22 by francisbowles

A great man for our club and the game. Probably the most honest player in the last 50 years.

He shouldn't just be inducted into Forever Rs, he should be made a Vice President.

Yes he put everything out on the pitch, left nothing in the changing room for us or indeed other clubs he played for. He is a great example who i hope the EFL or the FA make good use of. would be more than happy to see him back at QPR in some capacity.
Jamie Mackie announces retirement on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 1771 viewsHarbour

Thanks Jamie for some of the most fantastic memories of seeing you in a rangers shirt. Wishing you all the best for the next stage in your life you will always be welcomed back to LR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024