Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton Post-Match 00:25 - Jul 23 with 2393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rational as ever.
He's had a very good season.
Here's to more.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-a-professional-disciplined-dis

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton Post-Match on 00:47 - Jul 23 with 2326 viewsnix

Even he smirked at Nick London's question (paraphrasing) congratulations Mark on starting as QPR manager in July last year and finishing the season still as QPR manager.

Enjoyed the interview. He looks as relaxed as he ever does (which isn't v much). It's been a tough season at times but he's done a lot of good things and moved us forward, which is impressive given that we've had to slash our budgets again.
Warburton Post-Match on 00:52 - Jul 23 with 2312 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I know Mark is a motivator so there are methods he uses that I don’t agree with, but he needs to stop commending Amos after every match. Him and Cameron both had questionable games and he pointed both of them out as standouts. Baffling.
Warburton Post-Match on 01:11 - Jul 23 with 2278 viewsozexile

Warburton Post-Match on 00:52 - Jul 23 by EmpireStateRanger

I know Mark is a motivator so there are methods he uses that I don’t agree with, but he needs to stop commending Amos after every match. Him and Cameron both had questionable games and he pointed both of them out as standouts. Baffling.

He's either coming as part of an Eze deal or he wants him back on loan.
Warburton Post-Match on 01:39 - Jul 23 with 2243 viewsnix

Yes that's a bit odd. I thought that too. Curious one...
Warburton Post-Match on 02:35 - Jul 23 with 2189 viewstimcocking

Congratulations Mark on two thirds of a superb effort. I've liked the guy and as far as i'm concerned he's done really well all things considered.
Warburton Post-Match on 09:54 - Jul 23 with 1801 viewshorshamHoop

I have liked him and what he has done for the club from the Watford friendly, yes I know there have been some poor games but at times the football has been the most enjoyable for some time.
I also like Amos, he also has had poor games but he worked very hard last night and I think he has potential, he is young and needs time, remember BOS took a while which is why we are in this position with his contract
Pleased for Joe Lumley who made some very good saves last night and also Kakay who again has bags of potential.
Cameron adds much needed experience to the team but age is catching up with him
Definitely a good way to finish the season
Warburton Post-Match on 11:00 - Jul 23 with 1640 viewsdaveB

I thought Amos had a pretty good game again
Warburton Post-Match on 11:04 - Jul 23 with 1619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton Post-Match on 11:00 - Jul 23 by daveB

Ya, me too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton Post-Match on 11:19 - Jul 23 with 1569 viewsFrankRightguard

Maybe he just thought they had good games
Warburton Post-Match on 15:25 - Jul 23 with 1347 viewsterryb

Warburton Post-Match on 11:00 - Jul 23 by daveB

So did I, apart from the second Brom goal when neither he nor Kakay did enough.
Warburton Post-Match on 15:31 - Jul 23 with 1328 viewsbakerloo8

Well done Gaffer. Tough season but you moved us forwards impressively.

8/10
Warburton Post-Match on 16:16 - Jul 23 with 1248 viewsNorthantsHoop

He is the best appointment since Warnock, really pleased the Board took their time and went for him. He has done really well on limited resources and has further developed our most talented players. The football has improved, given us the best away results return for years, although our defence needs work. He has also in last couple of post matches been mentioning that we lack height and physicality in the team, so expect he will address this before next season.
Warburton Post-Match on 23:52 - Jul 23 with 1089 viewsLazyFan

I agree on their performances.

But Cameron is here next year so, no point slagging off next seasons players who will know will play a lot of games. And if we want to loan more players from other clubs and Spuds, then we need to give em some lubbin even when that particular player does not deserve it. Or why bother loaning your tasty players like Hugill to QPR?

A manager should publicly only say criticisms like "player has played well in the majority of games, mistakes happen, they will reflect, improve and when he plays well we really need players like him". Or "he's young he's playing well, he will learn more, he will get better". Or "the team needs to learn not to let the oppo get to us like that, we shall look at that and adpat".

True its not juicy for the fans, but it helps the team the most in the long run. And in the Champ, its the long run.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warburton Post-Match on 00:33 - Jul 24 with 1067 viewskarl

I have a feeling he struggles with big names, possibly due to his lack of playing high level football?
Not sure as there are increasingly more managers coming through who weren't successful players but still it's a feeling I have and why he is probably ideal for where we currently are and needing someone who probably prefers working with raw talent than bringing in experience.
Redknapp and McClaren were total opposite and needed old trustworthy players in there who respected their reputation and responded when they massaged a bit of ego in return, that doesn't fit with MW imo.
He did try it with Barton but then it looks like a4selicking and gets thrown back in your face to make you look stupid if the player is a failure, nurturing young talent is definitely his forte so hopefully can continue to do so for a while yet.

Edit.
Never listened to the interview
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 0:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024