Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious lurker 19:56 - Jul 24 with 3893 viewsMalintabuk

Hi guys. Finally after possibly many years of lurking here decided that if there is a need to perhaps contribute to keep us going I think I need to show my Colours
So born in Latimer Road and in 1966 asked my mum that I wanted to see a football match after England won the World Cup
So finally she gave in and was taken with my stool to Loftus Road. I rember how cold it was and how empty it was.... and finally when the teams ran out I turned to my uncle and asked
What colours are England in..........
That was it really. A lifetime of wondering why my family never supported a decent team.... and now many years later why do I still love this mad house little club..... so hi guyd
Serious lurker on 20:01 - Jul 24 with 2769 viewsfrancisbowles

Welcome, look forward to your contributions. It's alright to say 'I don't eat cheese', as someone will ask you very soon.
Serious lurker on 20:02 - Jul 24 with 2758 viewsqprxtc

Gadanga.

Forget about cheese (vile bacteria). More important question: Did you drink in The Pav or The North Pole?
Serious lurker on 20:03 - Jul 24 with 2758 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Welcome aboard, Malintabuk.

You Rrrrrrr's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Serious lurker on 20:03 - Jul 24 with 2754 viewsPunteR

Welcome aboard mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Serious lurker on 20:05 - Jul 24 with 2745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Welcome.

I’d make a joke about your stool but that would be immature.

So what’s your favourite cheese? Mascar-poo-ne?
Serious lurker on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 2718 viewsloftboy

Welcome ............. and it had better be a strong cheddar!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Serious lurker on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 2707 viewsMalintabuk

British Volunteer was always the starting point.... never ventured up to the Pole really .... the pig and whistle.... or affectionately know as the bucket of blood was our real weapon of choice
Serious lurker on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 2704 viewshantssi

Welcome on board.
I too was a long time lurker before I first posted, don’t post often but look in every day.
I had my box at the School End early 70’s but my dad was a long time fan.
Either very strong cheddar or a nice Stilton for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious lurker on 20:15 - Jul 24 with 2702 viewsMalintabuk

Serious lurker on 20:05 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Welcome.

I’d make a joke about your stool but that would be immature.

So what’s your favourite cheese? Mascar-poo-ne?

it was a nice brown colour.... firm but after a few times bouncing up on it when we scored it lost a lot of its integrity
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 20:17]
Serious lurker on 20:23 - Jul 24 with 2672 viewsnix

Welcome to posting here. Look forward to hearing your views on world matters, pandemics and obvs QPR.
Serious lurker on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 2659 viewsqprxtc

Serious lurker on 20:14 - Jul 24 by Malintabuk

British Volunteer was always the starting point.... never ventured up to the Pole really .... the pig and whistle.... or affectionately know as the bucket of blood was our real weapon of choice

British Volunteer is now called Ariadnes and is a pub that has a mind of its in terms of whether it’s actually open or not or indeed a pub.

Still haven’t ventured into The Pig and Whistle ( moved over the border from the Bush in 2004). It looks scary and I like a scary pub!

Proper flat roofed pub too. Must get plastered and get my carcass in there soon.

Up the Rs.
Serious lurker on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 2648 views2Thomas2Bowles

A lifetime of wondering why my family never supported a decent team

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Serious lurker on 20:41 - Jul 24 with 2615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Serious lurker on 20:28 - Jul 24 by qprxtc

British Volunteer is now called Ariadnes and is a pub that has a mind of its in terms of whether it’s actually open or not or indeed a pub.

Still haven’t ventured into The Pig and Whistle ( moved over the border from the Bush in 2004). It looks scary and I like a scary pub!

Proper flat roofed pub too. Must get plastered and get my carcass in there soon.

Up the Rs.

I was in Ariadnes last December.

Run by a mad Greek guy who's in a wrangle with the leaseholder I understand.
Serious lurker on 20:42 - Jul 24 with 2610 viewsQPRSteve

The first time I went into the Pig & Whistle, I opened the front door and a chair whistled past my head before hitting the wall. it was years before I ever went back.
Serious lurker on 21:07 - Jul 24 with 2533 viewsMalintabuk

Serious lurker on 20:32 - Jul 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A lifetime of wondering why my family never supported a decent team

I sometimes wished I had been banned. I remember my brother and I going up to Norwich in '76.
And arriving back home completely unapproachable..... and his wife saying to us if it get you so upset why do you go......
Remember my brother writing a letter to my school saying I had a doctors appointment and going up to Old Trafford on a Wednesday rainy night and getting ripped a new one 8-1....and not one word said on the 5 hours back.... Happy days
Serious lurker on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 2513 viewsHantsR

Serious lurker on 21:07 - Jul 24 by Malintabuk

I sometimes wished I had been banned. I remember my brother and I going up to Norwich in '76.
And arriving back home completely unapproachable..... and his wife saying to us if it get you so upset why do you go......
Remember my brother writing a letter to my school saying I had a doctors appointment and going up to Old Trafford on a Wednesday rainy night and getting ripped a new one 8-1....and not one word said on the 5 hours back.... Happy days

...but Rodney scored that night!
Serious lurker on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 2501 views2Thomas2Bowles

Serious lurker on 21:07 - Jul 24 by Malintabuk

Jonah

Poor Jude the cat got all the blame when it was you!!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:17]

Serious lurker on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 2503 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome.

The ginger clique is open to all posters.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Serious lurker on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 2473 viewsMalintabuk

never thought of myself as a Jonah more a optimist that one day......
And we have had a few great one days.... '67.....my first experience when we ripped the 3rd Div a new one but was 2 young really to appreciate and to be honest it was totally unfair of QPR to start me on such an high
But Highbury 82 and back in the Golden Gloves with Henry what a night that was
And of course Zamora day when two old men just stood their and cried..... that what this club does to you
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:25]
Serious lurker on 21:29 - Jul 24 with 2454 viewsthame_hoops

Welcome, But never understand these ‘been reading for years but never posted’ posts. Why not interact sooner? Whats the point of the messageboard otherwise. Odd.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:32]
Serious lurker on 21:37 - Jul 24 with 2420 viewsMalintabuk

Serious lurker on 21:29 - Jul 24 by thame_hoops

Welcome, But never understand these ‘been reading for years but never posted’ posts. Why not interact sooner? Whats the point of the messageboard otherwise. Odd.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:32]

My case working overseas hence the handle.... guess you feel you dont have a lot to contribute.... but use the forum to still have a link to the club.... also a little laziness wondering if you have anything worth while to contribute..... i don't get to as many games as when I lived in London so you feel a little arm chairish..... and do you have a right to discuss something if you weren't there
As I said I decided when I read the post about how the forum maybe in danger and gladly will contribute if required....
Serious lurker on 21:39 - Jul 24 with 2409 viewsqprxtc

Serious lurker on 20:42 - Jul 24 by QPRSteve

The first time I went into the Pig & Whistle, I opened the front door and a chair whistled past my head before hitting the wall. it was years before I ever went back.

That was me chucking that chair at you Steve. Even though I’ve never been in The Pig. And I probably wasn’t even born.

I just knew what lay ahead of me and those nights in The Mailcoach with you to come.....
Serious lurker on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 2390 views2Thomas2Bowles

Serious lurker on 21:37 - Jul 24 by Malintabuk

My case working overseas hence the handle.... guess you feel you dont have a lot to contribute.... but use the forum to still have a link to the club.... also a little laziness wondering if you have anything worth while to contribute..... i don't get to as many games as when I lived in London so you feel a little arm chairish..... and do you have a right to discuss something if you weren't there
As I said I decided when I read the post about how the forum maybe in danger and gladly will contribute if required....

do you have a right to discuss something if you weren't there

Apparently some on here think you don't

Say what you want mate, you don't have to give a reason or pass any test to post on here.

Just no shotguns or living with a bloke in a bin.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:46]

Serious lurker on 21:47 - Jul 24 with 2377 viewsqpr_1968

you must have ventured into the latimer one time or other.
and the station.

you missed some good nights and days in the pav and pole.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Serious lurker on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 2337 viewsMalintabuk

Serious lurker on 21:47 - Jul 24 by qpr_1968

you must have ventured into the latimer one time or other.
and the station.

you missed some good nights and days in the pav and pole.

Yes the Latimer by Oxford Gardens....my old school down there.
If my memory serves me right I think we use to give the Station a miss as I think it was an Irish pub.... and at that time we were not that welcome but my memory may be playing tricks.
No we usually went from the pig to the Kenilworth.... and that little pub at the back of St Annes Road.... was it the Star
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024