Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. 22:09 - Jul 26 with 2271 viewsBlackCrowe

...that i've just discovered. it's long.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mick-jagger-remembers-92946/

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 22:49 - Jul 28 with 2109 viewsGloryHunter

Thanks BlackCrowe. 1995 but I've never seen it before. I always had the idea that Jagger was a bit of a prat, but he comes across very well in that interview.
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 10:20 - Jul 29 with 2023 viewshantssi

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 22:49 - Jul 28 by GloryHunter

Thanks BlackCrowe. 1995 but I've never seen it before. I always had the idea that Jagger was a bit of a prat, but he comes across very well in that interview.

I’ve always thought the exact opposite!
Took his dad with him to the palace when he go knighted!
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 10:27 - Jul 29 with 2017 viewsElHoop

That's a great interview thanks. His angle kind of stacks up with Keef's side of things, if you've read his book. Was particularly interested in what he said/implied about Mick Taylor's era and departure. Also what he said about Prince and his view on the Beatles splitting up was interesting.
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 11:54 - Jul 29 with 1976 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks BlackCrowe. I have only scanned through it so far but he says 'Exile' was the first album that Mick Taylor was really on.

Anyone know which albums he was on?
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 12:17 - Jul 29 with 1955 viewsElHoop

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 11:54 - Jul 29 by francisbowles

Thanks BlackCrowe. I have only scanned through it so far but he says 'Exile' was the first album that Mick Taylor was really on.

Anyone know which albums he was on?

He was on Sticky Fingers before Exile. Those two would be the best albums he was on - Ronnie came on board between Black and Blue/Some Girls time I think.
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 12:29 - Jul 29 with 1941 viewsfrancisbowles

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 12:17 - Jul 29 by ElHoop

He was on Sticky Fingers before Exile. Those two would be the best albums he was on - Ronnie came on board between Black and Blue/Some Girls time I think.

Thanks El Hoop. I was puzzled by the 'that was the first album he was really on' quote.

Yes they were certainly 'auditioning' his replacement whilst trying to get Keith to rehearse and record Black and Blue. I've read that Gallagher and Marriott were at rehearsals at different times. Gallagher didn't really fancy being in the background of Mick and Keith and couldn't get Keith out of his 'coma'. Marriott got a bit carried away with his 'theatrics' and Mick saw only room for one 'star'.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 12:29]
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 17:24 - Jul 29 with 1852 viewsElHoop

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 12:29 - Jul 29 by francisbowles

Thanks El Hoop. I was puzzled by the 'that was the first album he was really on' quote.

Yes they were certainly 'auditioning' his replacement whilst trying to get Keith to rehearse and record Black and Blue. I've read that Gallagher and Marriott were at rehearsals at different times. Gallagher didn't really fancy being in the background of Mick and Keith and couldn't get Keith out of his 'coma'. Marriott got a bit carried away with his 'theatrics' and Mick saw only room for one 'star'.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 12:29]

From that interview it sounded as if Mick and Charlie's ideal line up would have included them, Keith and Mick Taylor. I was watching some old hippy type movie the other day 'Sympathy for the Devil' which included the Stones recording of the song in the studio. I found the Stones bit of the film more interesting than the rest but I got to the end. It looked as if Keith annexed the bass part and poor old Bill was standing around shaking a bit of wood.
if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 19:03 - Jul 29 with 1829 viewsBlackCrowe

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 17:24 - Jul 29 by ElHoop

From that interview it sounded as if Mick and Charlie's ideal line up would have included them, Keith and Mick Taylor. I was watching some old hippy type movie the other day 'Sympathy for the Devil' which included the Stones recording of the song in the studio. I found the Stones bit of the film more interesting than the rest but I got to the end. It looked as if Keith annexed the bass part and poor old Bill was standing around shaking a bit of wood.

bet that was the Olympic Studios in Barnes. It's now a posh cinema and they play a few minutes of that video before the main feature begins - nice touch, it's fab.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 08:40 - Jul 30 with 1741 viewsTheChef

What did he have to say about the death of Brian Jones?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

if interesred...Flipping fab interview with Jagger.. on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 1717 viewsenfieldargh

Cant remember when exactly might have been late 80's.

Well I used to sit in SAR D block row M seats 123/124 and new quite a few of the people around my seat.

It was an evening game and a figure walks up the stairs wearing one of those old fashioned(even for then) duffel coats the ones with the horn toggle buttons, with the hood covering his head. People didnt wear hoods that much in those days so was unusual. He was wearing a pair of dark glasses.

This fella sits down 2 rows behind me and I think nothing of it. Just before the teams come out I turn around to speak with a mate when who do I see under the hood....Mick Jagger.....he looked fookin awful!!!!!

A school friend had a big house in Mapesbury Road Kilburn where some or all of the band were living for a while. Apparently loads of fans(girls) would wait outside for any sight of them. Things like 'we love you Mick' where carved into the brick work of the wall. House is still there, pass it on my way to KPFS but havnt stopped to see if the carvings are sill there

Saw Bill Wyman & Mandy Smith in M & S in Muswell Hill once.

And Charlie Watts's mum was apparently my mums home help when I was a toddler. We lived in Kingsbury and the Watts I believe lived in those prefabs near the roundabout at the Wembley end of Fryant Way. Did well for himself did Charlie!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024