Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth 18:13 - Jul 28 with 4011 viewscpgerber

Anyone has a decent report on how his loan went? All our loan players, for that matter... would be a nice feature for loftforwords to give regular updates on loanees.

Smyth nearing his make or break time with us as well, I reckon. Hope to see him given decent game time this season. Or is another loan on the horizon for him?
Paul Smyth on 19:38 - Jul 28 with 3861 viewsfrancisbowles

Not great!

Two long periods out with injury.

Started 13 times subbed off in 11, came on as sub 6 times. I goal, 2 assists. 5 yellow cards.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul-smyth/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/408872/
Paul Smyth on 20:03 - Jul 28 with 3775 viewsFrankRightguard

Paul Smyth on 19:38 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

Not great!

Started 13 times subbed off in 11, came on as sub 6 times. I goal, 2 assists. 5 yellow cards.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul-smyth/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/408872/

Story of his career. One injury after another. I imagine we will cut our losses when his deal is up unless he suddenly finds a way to stay fit.
Paul Smyth on 22:26 - Jul 28 with 3465 viewscpgerber

thanks. disappointing news.

Wonder if we should search foreign waters for a striker? I have the idea over here in The Netherlands there are enough decent players who would jump at the opportunity to live in London and play in the championship. But the really good ones will already be at the top clubs, the potential of finding a gem to develop and sell on is not great.

Africa? I think there is a lot of raw talent there, but its always complicated with the Nations Cup and international travel, assuming we find a decent bloke. Plus working permit schlep.
Paul Smyth on 22:43 - Jul 28 with 3413 viewsLblock

Only 13 starts you say?

That’ll interest JJB!!!

I had so much expectation for little Smyth; really thought he’d break through as he had pace, skill, a shot, a cross but most of all attitude in bucket loads. I thought (think) McLaren ruined him but maybe the off the field stuff really is taking its toll

Fingers crossed he can crack on next season

He’s cost me a 20 quid wager but I still rate him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paul Smyth on 22:59 - Jul 28 with 3371 viewsdaveB

He looked very promising under Holloway but we've wasted hims for 2 years and still none the wiser if he is going to fulfil that potential. I hope he gets a chance next season but doubt he will
Paul Smyth on 23:32 - Jul 28 with 3287 viewsJigsore

a Wycombe fan whose opinion I value said he had a bad attitude

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Paul Smyth on 23:38 - Jul 28 with 3265 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Is it me or did he seem like a bad fit for what Wycombe does? Can't exactly play hoofball with wee Smyth.
Paul Smyth on 04:03 - Jul 29 with 3149 viewsDubaiR

I wouldn't say it points to a bad attitude but potentially where priorities lie - young paul is currently in Ibiza, not clubbing but with his mrs. But knowing the season starts again in 3 weeks and potential quarantine, having just been through a train on your own at home period, would you risk it? In his position you wouldnt want to be making that call in to work, sorry boss got to stay home couple more weeks.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth on 07:07 - Jul 29 with 3039 viewsNed_Kennedys

Paul Smyth on 19:38 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

Not great!

I was there for his one goal: at home to Bolton very early in the season. It was a great goal and he played very well, Wycombe fans on the terraces were raving about him.

Amazing that he didn’t score again or hardly play much after that.
Paul Smyth on 07:22 - Jul 29 with 2997 viewsstevec

It ain’t gonna happen.
Paul Smyth on 12:11 - Jul 29 with 2740 viewsJJB

http://www.playmakerstats.com/player.php?id=489929

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Paul Smyth on 12:36 - Jul 29 with 2683 viewsdaveB

Paul Smyth on 04:03 - Jul 29 by DubaiR

I wouldn't say it points to a bad attitude but potentially where priorities lie - young paul is currently in Ibiza, not clubbing but with his mrs. But knowing the season starts again in 3 weeks and potential quarantine, having just been through a train on your own at home period, would you risk it? In his position you wouldnt want to be making that call in to work, sorry boss got to stay home couple more weeks.

Most players are on holiday at the moment, he was planning on getting married this summer so this might well be his honeymoon.

No idea where this bad attitude thing comes from, BT did a great documentary on Ainsworth earlier this year and Smyth came across as a very shy bloke who lacks a bit of self belief. His misses is a teacher at my sons old school and was really good with my son, you'd struggle to find two more down to earth people
Paul Smyth on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 2572 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paul Smyth on 12:36 - Jul 29 by daveB

Most players are on holiday at the moment, he was planning on getting married this summer so this might well be his honeymoon.

No idea where this bad attitude thing comes from, BT did a great documentary on Ainsworth earlier this year and Smyth came across as a very shy bloke who lacks a bit of self belief. His misses is a teacher at my sons old school and was really good with my son, you'd struggle to find two more down to earth people

Good to hear.

I'm not sure if he'll make it at Rangers but he always came across as a good person and pro.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Smyth on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 2569 viewsParkRoyalR

Met him in away end at Wigan last season and Reading season before and very friendly and completely sound.

Maybe attitude more to do with his tenacity on the pitch and he more than holds his own for his size and is very game.

I think he got hung out to dry for losing possession a lot against a very good Sheffield Ltd side at Loftus Road when he only player trying to make things happen.

I'm still sure he has a very decent career ahead of him, hopefully with us.
Paul Smyth on 16:03 - Jul 29 with 2353 viewspaulparker

Paul Smyth on 22:59 - Jul 28 by daveB

He looked very promising under Holloway but we've wasted hims for 2 years and still none the wiser if he is going to fulfil that potential. I hope he gets a chance next season but doubt he will

Totally agree we have wasted him a bit like Mclaren did with BOS , there is a player there so why not give the lad a go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paul Smyth on 17:38 - Jul 29 with 2243 viewsDubaiR

I just meant unlikely Wycombe want, doesnt appear to have a future with us and lots of out of contract players this summer, clubs with reduced budgets. Would you risk missing the start of pre season?
Paul Smyth on 17:45 - Jul 29 with 2216 viewsdaveB

Paul Smyth on 17:38 - Jul 29 by DubaiR

I just meant unlikely Wycombe want, doesnt appear to have a future with us and lots of out of contract players this summer, clubs with reduced budgets. Would you risk missing the start of pre season?

Would the same not apply to every other player on holiday at the moment? Not sure why Smyth is being singled out for having a holiday with his misses.
Paul Smyth on 18:34 - Jul 29 with 2136 viewsDubaiR

Like who, young George who just signed for us? I'm just saying I wouldnt in his boat. Like I said I wasnt having a pop just maybe an indication of where his head is. Hardly kicked a ball for 2 seasons pre season starts in what 3 weeks. Anyway just my view point. The Northampton CB will either be a great signing or a very good league 2 player and nothing else
Paul Smyth on 19:10 - Jul 29 with 2063 viewsdaveB

Paul Smyth on 18:34 - Jul 29 by DubaiR

Like who, young George who just signed for us? I'm just saying I wouldnt in his boat. Like I said I wasnt having a pop just maybe an indication of where his head is. Hardly kicked a ball for 2 seasons pre season starts in what 3 weeks. Anyway just my view point. The Northampton CB will either be a great signing or a very good league 2 player and nothing else

unless he's on holiday for 3 weeks I don't see the issue for him or any player, can't see how it says anything about where his head is, if he was on a lads piss up in Vegas could possibly understand where you are coming from but a week away with his misses, I don't see the problem
Paul Smyth on 19:22 - Jul 29 with 2037 viewsDubaiR

Fair enough. Just think this isnt like a normal off season where 6 weeks off. 3 weeks off before pre season starts that's all. Plenty wont get contracts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024