Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play off final or fa cup final. 17:28 - Jul 30 with 5110 viewsqpr_1968

Work with a couple of fulham fans who said to me this morning they are not fussed whether they go to the premier or not...i know they've gotta win tonight then beat brentford in the final, but a day out at wembley would have been nice, then lose. They would rather be in an fa cup final.
Brentford on the the other hand would obviously like to experience the premier for the first time and make their own minds up.

Got me thinking, as a qpr fan, what would you prefere, a play off final to the premier, or an fa cup final.....with fans of course.
Think i would still edge going to the premier.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 07:28 - Jul 31 with 1180 viewsJuzzie

Play off final or fa cup final. on 01:50 - Jul 31 by Loftgirl

PL for me, if only for the cash.

Thing is, for us fans we don’t get to see the cash. If previous experience is anything to go by all we see is mercenary has-beens looking for a last pay cheque and not giving a toss on the pitch.

An FA Cup final is the chance for 30k+ fans to get together and, hopefully, have a blast.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 08:03 - Jul 31 with 1156 viewsswitchingcode

Play off final or fa cup final. on 07:28 - Jul 31 by Juzzie

Thing is, for us fans we don’t get to see the cash. If previous experience is anything to go by all we see is mercenary has-beens looking for a last pay cheque and not giving a toss on the pitch.

An FA Cup final is the chance for 30k+ fans to get together and, hopefully, have a blast.

F A cup final and there are plenty of reasons that have been posted on here to support that view.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 08:56 - Jul 31 with 1099 viewsMick_S

Play off final or fa cup final. on 23:20 - Jul 30 by GaryT

What? Like if it was in Cardiff and you had to play Cardiff and their shit fans were taunting you as you queued for the bus back to the car park. yeah, that would be shit.

FA Cup final for me but Oldham was special, I remember after Furlong scored I phoned the wife and shouted "Listen to this!" and then held the phone in the air. I think she just laughed. Whenever I have to talk to fans of bigger clubs and they ask me about QPR, I catch a look of superiority (or pity?) in their eyes so I always retell the story of Oldham and start it with "Let me tell you about the greatest atmosphere the likes of which you will never experience, The Second Division, Play Off Semi Final, Second Leg". And after a few minutes of retelling the story I finish with "And that's! why I support QPR and why you will never, with all of your silverware, experience anything close to it and I wouldn't swap it for the world". That shuts them up. :-)

The following day, my ears were ringing like I'd been standing in front of a speaker at Glastonbury. Never, ever heard anything like it. My best football moment.

F.A cup please.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:40 - Jul 31 with 1055 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let’s face facts, with some of the names mentioned coming to QPR, next season won’t be so much a question of either/or, but enjoying both. Nailed on!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 1055 viewswood_hoop

Play off final or fa cup final. on 08:56 - Jul 31 by Mick_S

The following day, my ears were ringing like I'd been standing in front of a speaker at Glastonbury. Never, ever heard anything like it. My best football moment.

F.A cup please.

I was fortunate enough to be there as well, it really was a memory that will always to be the fore of great moments, I suppose play offs are a bit like the FA Cup, do or die over just a few games,

FA Cup for me, the history and glory that goes with the comp cannot be beaten, for those clubs in the PL just another route into Europe comp,
Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:50 - Jul 31 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

FA Cup final please, followed by a Europa League group spread into the farthest flung corners of Europe.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 1020 viewsfrancisbowles

As a fan it's the FA cup. Always dreamed of winning it. That feeling at Highbury in 1982 when a little second division club reached the final. Followed by a mixture of cruel blows and bad luck that denied us the ultimate. We have unfinished business.

However, as far as the future survival and strengthening of our club goes it's got to be PL. One season of being up there and banking the cash would give Lee, Les etc a real solid base grow a competitive future.

How about both?
Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:18 - Jul 31 with 994 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The thing I recall most about Furlong’s goal, was the upper loft shaking.

But for those of us of a certain vintage, Clive Allen’s goal at Highbury was the one I’ll never forget. The FA Cup meant more back then and was arguably for me, more emotional and louder than that memorable night at home to Oldham.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 998 viewsKonk

FA Cup. No contest. Even if you don't win the thing, you can spend a few weeks dreaming about it. If Fulham won the cup, I wouldn't sleep for a week, would burst into tears all the time and be a general mess. I was bad enough after we beat Juventus in the Europa League. Not sure Chelsea or Arsenal fans will be feeling that way this weekend.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:58 - Jul 31 with 970 viewsJuzzie

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:18 - Jul 31 by PlanetHonneywood

But for those of us of a certain vintage, Clive Allen’s goal at Highbury was the one I’ll never forget. The FA Cup meant more back then and was arguably for me, more emotional and louder than that memorable night at home to Oldham.

HAving already been to a few reserves games with my brother and dad, that game at Hibury was my first proper game. Just my Dad and I as my brother was away and we were right at the top of the north bank. Didn't see much of the game and all I saw of the goal was the WBA defender clearing the ball, with Allen bearing down, then pandemonium. Never saw the ball go in but the terrace went mental.

Furlong's goal was just as good and have never before or since seen LR go so ballistic.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 11:45 - Jul 31 with 942 viewsTheChef

Any trophy win at Wembley.

The Premier League can go fark itself.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 12:02 - Jul 31 with 926 viewsThe_Beast1976

I seem to remember back in the late 80s and early 90s that Trevor Brooking tipped us to win the FA Cup almost every year. Shame we never did, but next season is our time.

A shame the PL ruined the FA Cup to a large extent. My nephew, who is 21, just doesn't understand when I tell him the PL is absolute shite
Play off final or fa cup final. on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 890 viewsNoelmc

Voted earlier for the FA Cup and it clearly would be my preference. The only plus point where the Play-off final has an edge is the number of supporters that can attend. In the unlikely event we ever reached the FA Cup Final again, I don't think we would have anywhere near the 40k we had at the Wembley Play Off Final. Far too many FA Cup Final tickets go to FA sponsors, hangers on etc.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 15:03 - Jul 31 with 866 views2Thomas2Bowles

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:21 - Jul 31 by Konk

FA Cup. No contest. Even if you don't win the thing, you can spend a few weeks dreaming about it. If Fulham won the cup, I wouldn't sleep for a week, would burst into tears all the time and be a general mess. I was bad enough after we beat Juventus in the Europa League. Not sure Chelsea or Arsenal fans will be feeling that way this weekend.

Not sure Chelsea or Arsenal fans will be feeling that way this weekend.
Why what's happening...
snooze.....

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Play off final or fa cup final. on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 840 viewsjoe90

Play off final or fa cup final. on 23:20 - Jul 30 by GaryT

What? Like if it was in Cardiff and you had to play Cardiff and their shit fans were taunting you as you queued for the bus back to the car park. yeah, that would be shit.

FA Cup final for me but Oldham was special, I remember after Furlong scored I phoned the wife and shouted "Listen to this!" and then held the phone in the air. I think she just laughed. Whenever I have to talk to fans of bigger clubs and they ask me about QPR, I catch a look of superiority (or pity?) in their eyes so I always retell the story of Oldham and start it with "Let me tell you about the greatest atmosphere the likes of which you will never experience, The Second Division, Play Off Semi Final, Second Leg". And after a few minutes of retelling the story I finish with "And that's! why I support QPR and why you will never, with all of your silverware, experience anything close to it and I wouldn't swap it for the world". That shuts them up. :-)

I completely forgot about the Cardiff play-off final!
Play off final or fa cup final. on 20:08 - Jul 31 with 784 viewsswitchingcode

Went to Turin for first leg with Fulham mates and saw first hand the new fans that come with success.The young fans in the lower tier that night were an embarrassment.Dispite result had a great couple of nights in Turin.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 21:45 - Jul 31 with 753 viewsloftus77

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:18 - Jul 31 by PlanetHonneywood

Totally agree.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:06 - Aug 1 with 718 viewsDannyPaddox

The FA going for the hard-sell on today’s game ...

Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:39 - Aug 1 with 689 viewsqpr85

It would have to be the FA Cup as it's already been stated the "EPL" is a waste of time.

Side not, given the fact a second spike may be on the cards are we all sure that the "EPL" is completely recession proof? I understand there are big clubs with lots of dosh but in a couple of years if we go into a depression it won't be able to sustain the amount of money they spend and receive.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:08 - Aug 1 with 674 viewsfrancisbowles

Play off final or fa cup final. on 09:06 - Aug 1 by DannyPaddox

The FA going for the hard-sell on today’s game ...

'The pride of the third reich'

Brilliant!
Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:16 - Aug 1 with 672 viewsrsonist

Hang on, would you swap that Europa run for winning the FA Cup ? Okay you didn't win it but not sure I would personally.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:32 - Aug 1 with 665 viewsNorthernr

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:16 - Aug 1 by rsonist

Hang on, would you swap that Europa run for winning the FA Cup ? Okay you didn't win it but not sure I would personally.

Same. That europa league campaign of Fulham’s, 12 months and thick end of 30 games, is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. I’d have gone to everyone, bankrupted myself, and loved every second of it.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 618 viewsrunningman75

Listening to Frank Skinner today talking about West Brom's promotion likening it winning a raffle but finding out you won a lion. FA cup for me any day.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 12:01 - Aug 1 with 611 viewsrsonist

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:32 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Same. That europa league campaign of Fulham’s, 12 months and thick end of 30 games, is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. I’d have gone to everyone, bankrupted myself, and loved every second of it.

Even talking about it now it feels more like something from the 1950s a grandad would be boring the kids about.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 12:54 - Aug 1 with 583 viewstimcocking

Play off final or fa cup final. on 11:54 - Aug 1 by runningman75

Listening to Frank Skinner today talking about West Brom's promotion likening it winning a raffle but finding out you won a lion. FA cup for me any day.

'like winning a raffle and finding out you'd won a Lion' lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024