Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. 22:12 - Jul 31 with 10971 views18StoneOfHoop

First up our much beloved witty FFC long -time guest
Konk Cottagers with: Viva El Fulham:

and now switching code and Arthur's little camp queeny buzzers:

More Bentford Nylons?
Feltham Hard FI supposed lads crying into their Fullers farty beer:

Any more for any more?
Or no dogs in the flouncy fight for the Top Flight?

COME ON YOU KONKY COTTAGERS!

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:16]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 10:25 - Aug 1 with 2219 viewsnix

I'm definitely rooting for Fulham. For all the positive and self-serving reasons given. Good luck Konk. Hope it's a good night for you.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 11:01 - Aug 1 with 2171 viewsDannytheR

I *genuinely* struggle to muster up much emotion about this. They could win the Champions League and Brentford would still feel more like Reading to me than another London club. I JUST DON'T CARE.

However... if they do go up, they could very well be the next Burnley/Swansea for a few years at least, which could hurt us in that a whole generation of potential fans anywhere from Ealing to the Thames Valley will have even less reason to come and watch us on a weekend. So for Rangers - whose biggest long term challenge is refreshing a fanbase who we all know is knocking on, yours truly included — a Premiership Brentford would actually be a bit of a nightmare practically.

Whereas the only downside in Fulham going up is that Behrama will be on the market at the same time as Eze, which could mean us banking a couple of million less for him. Beyond that, as already mentioned, they'll only bollocks the whole thing up again and end up back in the Championship season after next.

Ultimately: I've known and liked quite a few Fulham fans down the years in real life, I can get to the Fulham Palace Road on foot for the away game, they've got a bit of history to them and Konk's a good lad.

As such, with the luck of the Rangers behind them, I fully expect Brentford to do them 4-0.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 11:05]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 2144 viewsswitchingcode

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:31 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Yeh this. Brentford lose and they'll probably lose Benrahma, Watkins, maybe Mbeumo, few others. They'll get big money and invest that well as they always do, but they've clearly 'gone for it' a bit this season with the signing of Janson and others and it would require a bit of a reset for next season. Go up, keep those players, take the Premier League TV money, they're absolutely set for the next ten years. Their recruitment was exceptional with no money, imagine what they'll do with £150m.

Fulham, meh, love the ground, love Konk, it's a team already in recipient of parachute payments leaving us. They'll botch their Prem recruitment all over again and probably come back in a worse state. V much hoping they do it.

Even if we go up we will lose Benrahma and Watkins I expect which would be hard to replace.Shopping for players in the PL is very different as we tend to buy potential and allow them time to develop you have to get the finished article to have a chance of succeeding in that league.The financial rewards for winning Tuesday would be fantastic for a club of our size and I’m sure we will be frugal even if it means just the 1 season there.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:17 - Aug 1 with 2125 viewsstevec

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 1 by switchingcode

Even if we go up we will lose Benrahma and Watkins I expect which would be hard to replace.Shopping for players in the PL is very different as we tend to buy potential and allow them time to develop you have to get the finished article to have a chance of succeeding in that league.The financial rewards for winning Tuesday would be fantastic for a club of our size and I’m sure we will be frugal even if it means just the 1 season there.

Think you’re right, sadly the Premier has no place for 17k stadiums any more, you’ll struggle to replace those players as you say, Fulham on the other hand will find a way to make a fist of it if they go up, the new Palace I suspect.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:40 - Aug 1 with 2112 viewsSydneyRs

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 1 by switchingcode

Spot on and I think the idea of going up, having a crack and not wasting all the money if you do come down again is the way to go. The opposite to what we did.

I agree the model you use won't work as well at that level and it is always going to be hard for small clubs to stay up there. I guarantee the likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd will end up getting relegated despite doing so well at the moment. Not a question of if but when. Watford and Bournemouth have also just proved the point.

Its not all it seems. Konk spoke very well on here about how the enthusiasm waned for Fulham, as expensive away trips almost always ended in defeat so people just stopped going. I can see Brentford staying up if they make it, but only for a couple of seasons. There just too much money and too many big clubs up there.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 12:31 - Aug 1 with 2076 viewsterryb

@ftbllrswanimals

The infamous moment when the career of Chick Brodie, Brentford's goalkeeper, was brought to an end!

Good job it was only a squirrel that invaded Loftus Road!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 12:34]
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 2013 viewsMickS

Both managers have splendid hair which is very unusual for a play off final.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 1971 viewsMrSheen

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 12:31 - Aug 1 by terryb

@ftbllrswanimals

The infamous moment when the career of Chick Brodie, Brentford's goalkeeper, was brought to an end!

Good job it was only a squirrel that invaded Loftus Road!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 12:34]

I saw a Prime (?) documentary about Jimmy McNichol of Torquay being bitten by a police dog in a last day game they needed to win to stay up. They got the winner in his injury time. I used to see McNichol when he played for Brentford. Coincidence?
Login to get fewer ads

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:10 - Aug 1 with 1948 viewsStanFan

I'm surprised at the detailed analysis that's gone into some of the views on this thread.

I don't have a problem with either club but I admire the way that Brentford operate and so would like to see them promoted. It would show that it can work to be smart and sensible with cash.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show -down. on 14:32 - Aug 1 with 1921 viewsqpr_1968

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show -down. on 23:41 - Jul 31 by 18StoneOfHoop

Lord love a duck and his pox-ridden wife
I'd rather rip off my ears than hear that again,68.

hahaha

thats why we're qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:36 - Aug 1 with 1914 viewsqpr_1968

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 23:51 - Jul 31 by loftboy

Fulham for me.

0-0
extra time.
fulham to win 17-16 on penalties.
4 drinks breaks
6 goals disallowed due to var
streaker on the pitch
midnight finish.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 15:12 - Aug 1 with 1874 viewsBoston

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 11:01 - Aug 1 by DannytheR

I *genuinely* struggle to muster up much emotion about this. They could win the Champions League and Brentford would still feel more like Reading to me than another London club. I JUST DON'T CARE.

However... if they do go up, they could very well be the next Burnley/Swansea for a few years at least, which could hurt us in that a whole generation of potential fans anywhere from Ealing to the Thames Valley will have even less reason to come and watch us on a weekend. So for Rangers - whose biggest long term challenge is refreshing a fanbase who we all know is knocking on, yours truly included — a Premiership Brentford would actually be a bit of a nightmare practically.

Whereas the only downside in Fulham going up is that Behrama will be on the market at the same time as Eze, which could mean us banking a couple of million less for him. Beyond that, as already mentioned, they'll only bollocks the whole thing up again and end up back in the Championship season after next.

Ultimately: I've known and liked quite a few Fulham fans down the years in real life, I can get to the Fulham Palace Road on foot for the away game, they've got a bit of history to them and Konk's a good lad.

As such, with the luck of the Rangers behind them, I fully expect Brentford to do them 4-0.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 11:05]

Dunno if it was just Wembley but I never knew any Brentford fans when I was a kid, don’t recall ever meeting one, only time I saw ‘em was the occasional time we popped down to Griffin Park. Only aware of one Fulham fan, John Martin, my year at school and he was from South Kenton really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 18:36 - Aug 1 with 1775 viewsBoston

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:10 - Aug 1 by StanFan

I'm surprised at the detailed analysis that's gone into some of the views on this thread.

I don't have a problem with either club but I admire the way that Brentford operate and so would like to see them promoted. It would show that it can work to be smart and sensible with cash.

I’m also impressed by Brentford, the organization appears top notch. Two questions come to mind....

A/ Will their savvy be good enough for them to survive in the Prem?
B/. Do Brentford fans recognize how well their club is managed?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:15 - Aug 2 with 1606 viewsNewBee

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:17 - Aug 1 by stevec

Think you’re right, sadly the Premier has no place for 17k stadiums any more, you’ll struggle to replace those players as you say, Fulham on the other hand will find a way to make a fist of it if they go up, the new Palace I suspect.

At first sight, that seems about right.

But it's not what Brentford think. According to one of their Co-Director's of Football, Rasmus Ankerssen speaking n January:

“The Premier League is a much more even playing field because of the TV deal,” the Dane explains. “In that sense, the Championship is probably the most unfair league in the world.
“It would be easier to retain Premier League status than to get promoted to the Premier League."

https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/659667/brentford-data-revolution-england-s

That is, the TV money in the Prem is reasonably evenly distributed (not that much difference between 1st and 20th) whereas in the Championship, the fact of 6 or 8 clubs having PL/Parachute money each season really skews things against the rest who don't.

Meaning eg that when Leeds' own parachute money ran out all those years ago, it took them over a decade to get back up, despite being arguably the "biggest" club in the division, with the biggest crowds and stadium (or thereabouts) producing the biggest non-parachute revenues.

Brentford won't be thinking of challenging L'pool or MU any time soon, but they are backing themselves to manage their resources so much better than bigger clubs like eg Villa, Newcastle or WHU, that their small stadium needn't matter so much.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 1590 viewsqprxtc

Yeah, but what about the pubs you gits?

Won’t anybody think of the pubs!
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:42 - Aug 2 with 1563 viewsBoston

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:23 - Aug 2 by qprxtc

Yeah, but what about the pubs you gits?

Won’t anybody think of the pubs!

Well, they have been known to fall out through heavy drinking, but who need's hair in that area anyway?

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 12:11 - Aug 3 with 1446 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:16 - Aug 3 with 1401 viewsNewBee

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 09:43 - Aug 1 by Hunterhoop

Very much with DejR and Clive on this.

After some reflection, I think it’s better if Fulham go up. Spoke to a Fulham ST holder from work; he was saying they aren’t ready for the Prem and weren’t really expecting/aiming to go this year. Mitrovic is over the hill a bit now and he doubts he’ll lead the line in the Prem, the side stand redevelopment will take all of next year, and they’ll need a lot of investment to compete.

All that gives me hope they’ll balls it up again and come down. And they’re already on the big parachute payments now, so little difference when they do come back down.

Brentford getting promoted could be game changing given how well they’ve recruited the last few years....and even if they come down, it’ll be another 4 years (assuming they don’t yoyo or we get promoted) before we’re back on a level playing field financially. If they fail to go up this year, that team will get broken up and they’ll have to go through the recruitment cycle again. Who knows if they’ll be quite as good; I doubt it. This was/is the year...
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 10:28]

Dunno about Fulham, but re BFC's promotion hopes, you might be right about this being their best chance etc.

But this Bees fan is unusually relaxed about tomorrow night, since I genuinely believe "If not ths season then next, and if not next season then the one after etc".

And when you've waited 73 years for something, then another 2? 3? 4? must surely be bearable esp if the longer you've spent building towards it, the more likely you are to sustain it.

Which all stems from observing the huge amount of long-term development work which is going on away from the pitch/1st team and which must surely pay off sooner or later.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:31 - Aug 3 with 1378 viewseasthertsr

I'll be watching the cricket tomorrow night.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:32 - Aug 3 with 1371 viewsNewBee

Following on from stevec's earler post about the PL having no room for clubs wth 17.5 capacity stadia etc, some of you might be interested in the fact that the original plan was to squeeze in 20k seats at Lionel Road, the absolute max the site could hold.

But following a major review, they revamped the plans to incorporate 3k Premium (i.e. bloody expensive) Seats. When you added the additional facilities these required, this brought the total capacity down by 2.5k. However, this was more than made up for by the additional revenue the seats would generate - also encourage corporate/business types etc. And another factor was London Irish, who probably won't sell out 17.5k very often, but who do have a higher than average number of wealthy fans in their ranks.

All of which may seem unambitious, even "tinpot". But in the end, 20k isn't ever going to compete with Old Trafford or Anfield anyhow. Whereas the extra revenue from the 3k Premium Seats will close the gap, if only by a tiny bit, when it comes to buying and retaining players for the manager.

Afaik, they also had plans originally for Conferencing facilites at LR, which they scrapped at the same time as they reconfigured the seating, on the basis that they're a football club, not an events company, so shouldn't try to compete in areas where they've no prior expertise.

All of which sounds like sensible corporate direction and management to me.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:38 - Aug 3 with 1348 viewsenfieldargh

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:32 - Aug 3 by NewBee

Following on from stevec's earler post about the PL having no room for clubs wth 17.5 capacity stadia etc, some of you might be interested in the fact that the original plan was to squeeze in 20k seats at Lionel Road, the absolute max the site could hold.

But following a major review, they revamped the plans to incorporate 3k Premium (i.e. bloody expensive) Seats. When you added the additional facilities these required, this brought the total capacity down by 2.5k. However, this was more than made up for by the additional revenue the seats would generate - also encourage corporate/business types etc. And another factor was London Irish, who probably won't sell out 17.5k very often, but who do have a higher than average number of wealthy fans in their ranks.

All of which may seem unambitious, even "tinpot". But in the end, 20k isn't ever going to compete with Old Trafford or Anfield anyhow. Whereas the extra revenue from the 3k Premium Seats will close the gap, if only by a tiny bit, when it comes to buying and retaining players for the manager.

Afaik, they also had plans originally for Conferencing facilites at LR, which they scrapped at the same time as they reconfigured the seating, on the basis that they're a football club, not an events company, so shouldn't try to compete in areas where they've no prior expertise.

All of which sounds like sensible corporate direction and management to me.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:42 - Aug 3 with 1328 viewsrobith

Whilst having a year off losing to Brentford would be good for the soul, they would be intolerable if they went up
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:48 - Aug 3 with 1317 viewsNewBee

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:38 - Aug 3 by enfieldargh

As fans of a club with a hardly much bigger capacity than BFC, I thought one or two posters, at least, might be interested in why such a stadium can still be sustainable in the PL.

But maybe you've given up on QPR's chances of reaching the top tier again any time soon?
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:01 - Aug 3 with 1286 viewsTheChef

Given the overall sentiments and the feeling that it would be better for us if Fulham went up, it all points to a Brentford win doesn't it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 1192 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

I was getting myself a little too worked up for my liking about who goes up out of these two, but having literally just finished listening to the last podcast of the season and have realised that I have really enjoyed our season, have watched some great football and are on a massive rebuild of what QPR are and how they used to be. We are miles and miles behind the Ruperts and the bus stops, so let them going get on with smugly knowing they’ll be no “Zamora” moment for their fans or the celebrations 45,000 of us had at Wembley
They’ll have to celebrate their victory in either the hovels of Feltham, Hounslow, Barnes or Roehampton!! 😂😂😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024