Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal v Chelsea 15:24 - Aug 1 with 7966 viewsqpr_1968

FA cup final. how times have changed from watching the build up at 9.00 in the morning.
switching over from both sides, itv and bbc.
the one that sticks in my mind most other than our final in '82, is watford v everton in 1984 for some reason.
but anyway, not that anyone gives a shit, so i won't ask who you want to win, personally i cant stand both sides.

but going for them in south west london..2-1.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:23 - Aug 1 with 1543 viewsqpr_1968

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:19 - Aug 1 by qprxtc

Cathy Barry

related to gareth?

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:24 - Aug 1 with 1538 viewsGloucs_R

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:20 - Aug 1 by rsonist

Must remember to buy him a beer next time I bump into him then ðƾ˜

Poll: Are we staying up?

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:31 - Aug 1 with 1472 views2Thomas2Bowles

Pedro done his shoulder Roma won't be happy

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 1421 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well the scum lost, who cares who won LOL

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:36 - Aug 1 with 1412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:35 - Aug 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Exactly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 1386 viewsLazyFan

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:35 - Aug 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Please my ribs cannot take the laughter anymore :)

zzzzzzzzzz

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:45 - Aug 1 with 1312 viewsRanger_Things

Fking brilliant.
Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 1281 viewspaulparker

Frank Lampard the most overated player & manager in history

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:59 - Aug 1 with 1235 viewsizlingtonhoop

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:49 - Aug 1 by paulparker

Frank Lampard the most overated player & manager in history

Rubbish.
Highest scoring Chelsea player- from midfield - and team in to champions' league, in his second season as a manager.
Good as an England player too.
Don't let hatred get in the way of facts.

Now, regarding your title to award, try these two words:

Bryan Robson
Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:04 - Aug 1 with 1201 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not a fan of fatty but I think he was fair and honest in the post-match.

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:07 - Aug 1 with 1186 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:04 - Aug 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not a fan of fatty but I think he was fair and honest in the post-match.

FÃÂșck him, my man, and fÃÂșck him again. He's made his millions by representing an organisation that is despicably and systemically racist.

Did he mention that?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 20:12]

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:11 - Aug 1 with 1156 views2Thomas2Bowles

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:07 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

FÃÂșck him, my man, and fÃÂșck him again. He's made his millions by representing an organisation that is despicably and systemically racist.

Did he mention that?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 20:12]

Well you are right and he gave no credit to the Arse

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:12 - Aug 1 with 1149 viewsflynnbo

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:11 - Aug 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well you are right and he gave no credit to the Arse

Classless like Mourinho was when he was there.Awful club.
Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:28 - Aug 1 with 1091 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:12 - Aug 1 by flynnbo

Classless like Mourinho was when he was there.Awful club.

They've been the worst kind of racist, violent scum for as long as I've known about them. And that's nearly half of their existence. And I suspect they were scum before that too.

Today was a lovely day, one that made you half-turn with a smile towards Karma and Kismet where once you might have looked quizzically.

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:30 - Aug 1 with 1087 viewspaulparker

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:59 - Aug 1 by izlingtonhoop

Rubbish.
Highest scoring Chelsea player- from midfield - and team in to champions' league, in his second season as a manager.

Bryan Robson

He was Sh1t for England , got 80 caps to many imo
He is also the most overated manager I’ve ever seen, played the whole I’ve got no players despite having a squad bigger than the cast of Ben hur
Fcuk him , fat fcuking tvvat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 1081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:30 - Aug 1 by paulparker

He is also the most overated manager I’ve ever seen, played the whole I’ve got no players despite having a squad bigger than the cast of Ben hur

I'm all about the youth, me.
Transfer ban lifted.
FÃÂșck off young lad.

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:40 - Aug 1 with 1061 viewsterryb

Arsenal v Chelsea on 15:39 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Hate Chelsea. Have a soft spot for Arsenal. Very small and not very soft, but I don;t mind them.

First Cup Final I can really remember was '78. Ipswich 22 Arsenal 17 in the backyard the following day, Brian Talbot scored all of them for both teams. In reality, I believe it was a drab game. But it was the first time I soaked in all that colour, it was magic in a box in the corner of our living room.

The first final I saw on television was at the age of four in 1957. For no reason at the time, I took a dislike to Manchester United & for a few days I became an Aston Villa fan. Go forward to May 1958 & i was firmly a Bolton man!

This FA Cup was easy. It seemed that "my team" won it every year! That came to an end in 1960 when Wolves beat Blackburn & my hero - Bryan Douglas!

I assume that in '57 I could see into the future & just started the detestation of manure long before most! I was even at Wembley in '68 cursing Eusebio for not getting the winning goal when he was clean
through!

On to 1978 & I attended my first final. My wife & family were regulars at Portman Road & my mother-in-law decided that I should have her ticket, so that I could drive my wife, my wife's brother & uncle to Wembley. The drive back along the A12 was superb with all the over hanging bridges full of people cheering us on the way home.

It was far from a drab affair Brian & was one of the best fianals for many a year. After the opening ten minutes Ipswich took control & dominated. A very average footballer by the name of David Geddes had the match of his life & was unplayable (his Joe Walters moment!).

Hunter & Beattie were doubtful for the match right up until kick off, but both played. When I say doubtful, I mean Robson insisted they were unlikely to play, but the whole world knew they would be on the pitch!

And the icing on the cake was supplied by Supermac missing Arsenal's best chance!

The only other final I've attended was both matches in 1982.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 20:44]
Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:41 - Aug 1 with 1052 viewsqprxtc

Mr McCarthy you are on a magnificent roll. Carry on big man.
Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:44 - Aug 1 with 1030 viewsizlingtonhoop

You win...
Ă°Ćžâ„ąâ€žĂ°ĆžÂ€Â·Ăąâ‚ŹÂĂąâ„ąâ€šĂŻÂžÂ
Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:49 - Aug 1 with 1011 viewspaulparker

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:32 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm all about the youth, me.
Transfer ban lifted.
FÃÂșck off young lad.

Exactly

Bar hazard , it’s the same team that won the Europa league and finished top four, yet the former manager was deemed as crap
Lampard has under achieved big time yet is lauded as some kind of genius

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:59 - Aug 1 with 976 viewsCamberleyR

Arsenal v Chelsea on 19:59 - Aug 1 by izlingtonhoop

Rubbish.

Bryan Robson

Disagree about him as an England player. Went missing in far too many big games. Remember his performance in the 2006 WC QF? No, me neither (apart from his woeful penalty in the shoot out).

Top goalscorer for that other team in Fulham but again, how many of those against the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc or top Champs League teams? He was always adept at filling his boots against the likes of Wigan, West Brom and Bolton though. I will say one thing in his favour, he was nearly always available playing nearly 650 games for that lot.

Agree about Bryan Robson though. England had one decent and one very good World Cup once he was out of the picture through injury in both. A shame Bobby Robson unfortunately thought the sun shone out of his arse.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Arsenal v Chelsea on 21:18 - Aug 1 with 942 viewsderbyhoop

When I was a k7d/teenager/young adult I never missed the Cup Final. Last 20-25 years I could barely tell you who won it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneñ€ℱs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Arsenal v Chelsea on 21:20 - Aug 1 with 934 viewsqpr_1968

Arsenal v Chelsea on 21:18 - Aug 1 by derbyhoop

When I was a k7d/teenager/young adult I never missed the Cup Final. Last 20-25 years I could barely tell you who won it.

same as, from 66 up to about 2000 knew every final in order.
then onwards, blank, must be the old matter.

Arsenal v Chelsea on 21:31 - Aug 1 with 905 viewsCiderwithRsie

a squad bigger than the cast of Ben hur

Genius, Mr Parker.

Anyway.

Hahhahahahahahahahaha
Arsenal v Chelsea on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal v Chelsea on 20:40 - Aug 1 by terryb

The first final I saw on television was at the age of four in 1957. For no reason at the time, I took a dislike to Manchester United & for a few days I became an Aston Villa fan. Go forward to May 1958 & i was firmly a Bolton man!

This FA Cup was easy. It seemed that "my team" won it every year! That came to an end in 1960 when Wolves beat Blackburn & my hero - Bryan Douglas!

I assume that in '57 I could see into the future & just started the detestation of manure long before most! I was even at Wembley in '68 cursing Eusebio for not getting the winning goal when he was clean
through!

On to 1978 & I attended my first final. My wife & family were regulars at Portman Road & my mother-in-law decided that I should have her ticket, so that I could drive my wife, my wife's brother & uncle to Wembley. The drive back along the A12 was superb with all the over hanging bridges full of people cheering us on the way home.

It was far from a drab affair Brian & was one of the best fianals for many a year. After the opening ten minutes Ipswich took control & dominated. A very average footballer by the name of David Geddes had the match of his life & was unplayable (his Joe Walters moment!).

Hunter & Beattie were doubtful for the match right up until kick off, but both played. When I say doubtful, I mean Robson insisted they were unlikely to play, but the whole world knew they would be on the pitch!

And the icing on the cake was supplied by Supermac missing Arsenal's best chance!

The only other final I've attended was both matches in 1982.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 20:44]

What a great story. That's my definitive report of that game from here on in. Thanks Terry.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024