Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers 06:42 - Aug 4 with 2988 viewsNorthernr

Here we go then. It gets better from here I promise...

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers 4th Aug 2020 06:41
In the interests of starting with the bad news and building up to the good stuff, we begin our annual statistical review of the QPR squad with a look at… the goalkeepers. Poor loves. 4

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 17:21 - Aug 4 with 632 viewsQPROslo

If Dieng is only worth pence why don't we try him for a bit. He's supposedly done pretty well on loan.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 07:09 - Aug 5 with 384 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng surely won't sign a new contract unless he's number1.

I think we need to lose 2 and, as Lumley is out of contract next summer, I suspect he'll be one of them. But it all depends on Dieng.

Whatever way you look at it, 6 pro keepers is mental for a club our size.

Kelly isn't as big or imposing enough for me.

Lumley lacks concentration and sometimes takes too long to get down.

Dieng makes the odd mistake but dominates his box.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

Poll: Are we staying up?

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 07:14 - Aug 5 with 382 viewsstevec

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 14:05 - Aug 4 by Nov77

I remember Cerny getting booed on his debut by our ‘fans’ and he turned out to be an excellent keeper for us. That really was disgraceful.

Was I seeing things when sky put that graphic up at the start of the West Brom game saying Lumley had made the joint most goalkeeping errors this season. How is that possible when he was sitting on the bench for 18 games?

If we start next season with Lumley in goal then to quote Peter Cook “we’ll have learnt from our mistakes and are now able to repeat them exactly”.

Ha ha, Peter Cook was a wise and funny man.

For a keeper who was being compared with Roberts and Richardson not six months ago it’ll be staggering if he remains our No 1. I’ve seen good keepers go bad but I’m struggling to think of a bad keeper who ever came good.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 08:14 - Aug 5 with 364 viewsdanky10

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 13:24 - Aug 4 by MedwayR

Might be my memory but I can’t recall Ingram being directly responsible for goals in the same way or at the same rate as Lumley, but my point was that Ingram & Kelly get treated much worse than Lumley when Lumley hasn’t been any better, the double standards and preferential treatment of Lumley baffles me. Put it this way, Lumley has had a shockingly poor season and got a D, how bad would he have to be to get an E or F?!?

I think you are spot on about Ingram. There seems to be a huge desire within the club for Lumley to succeed. Certainly not a bad thing to instill confidence in your young players but at some point reality must come into play. I think we all wanted Lumley to be a top keeper and most of us are disgusted by his treatment by some so called fans. However he has not been up to scratch but for some reason has been treated more leiently than Ingram was. We now have a situation where our best keeper statistically has one year left on his contract and has never got his gloves dirty for us ! If his contract can be extended then surely he is worthy of a chance? The other two have hardly made the jersey their own.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:20 - Aug 5 with 337 viewsNortholt_Rs

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:04 - Aug 4 by stevec

Can’t argue with any of that. Desperately need an experienced keeper with safe hands.

Watching a few Brentford games recently, whilst they play out from the back it was noticeable it largely meant interaction between defenders and midfield whilst the keeper was included almost as an act of last resort. Compare us, we seem to use the keeper as an integral part of the chain, in fact the go to option when under even the mildest pressure. I’d say that reflects a weakness in our defenders more so than the keepers.

Now you know why they avoid their GK.... Lumley would get slaughtered on here for that absolute 24 carat howler. 38 yards?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:30 - Aug 5 with 332 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:21 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Hmmm, not sure I agree on the Brentford thing, Raya is exceptional with his feet and is confident to the point of over confidence - Wells nearly tackled him into the net with the ball at theirs. We do pass back to the keeper way too often though I agree, lazy option for players lacking confidence.

"confident to the point of over confidence"

And finally somebody caught him for it last night.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:37 - Aug 5 with 327 viewsstevec

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:20 - Aug 5 by Northolt_Rs

Now you know why they avoid their GK.... Lumley would get slaughtered on here for that absolute 24 carat howler. 38 yards?

Absolutely, what was he thinking?

All this fuss about footwork, thinking of our promotions, Springett, Parkes, Hucker, Day, Kenny, all great shot stoppers.

I doubt there’s been barely a keeper who would have made it as an outfield player, yet managers bang on now about their passing ability. I’m waiting for the next luminary telling me they need a centre forward who’s good with his hands.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 15:41 - Aug 5 with 285 viewsderbyhoop

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:05 - Aug 4 by Antti_Heinola

Think this is harsh.
there's a cigarette paper between them.

Far more than harsh. Grossly unfair.

Yes, he made errors but also had more than a few blinders.
And Kelly wasnt significantly better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024