Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Switching Code........ 22:14 - Aug 4 with 6217 viewsNoDiddley

See you soon😂
Switching Code........ on 14:17 - Aug 5 with 1614 viewsNewBee

Switching Code........ on 08:44 - Aug 5 by R_from_afar

For whatever reason Switchingcode, Konk, NewBee and fans of other clubs are on here, I feel their different perspective on Rangers and football adds a lot to the debate.

I know what it's like to be a supporter of a team which loses in the play-off final so I for one won't be gloating. Every football fan has felt the pain of defeat.

Speaking only for myself, I first came on here for Clive's posts - very entertaining reading - but stayed for the banter.

And it's refreshing to hear what other fans think, rather than always just debating with people you pretty much agree with anyway.

As for the "why don't you post on your own forum?" merchants, it's not an either/or - I imagine Switching and Konk etc also post on Bees and FFC forums - I know I do.

Finally, this is a well laid out and moderated forum; I've sometimes looked at others then immediately clicked away, because they're like a cross between a zoo and a madhouse.

Anyhow, maybe I'll now cease posting anywhere, seeing as I suddenly hate football...
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 14:36]
Switching Code........ on 14:33 - Aug 5 with 1552 viewseastside_r

Switching Code........ on 09:26 - Aug 5 by Mytch_QPR

Yep, this. Considering most posters on this board profess to not being bothered about Brentford there are a lot of posts here about their play-off games.

Life's too short to be bitter - there's been enough misery this year!

Commiserations to switching code and NewBee, congrats to Konk / Hugh Grant / that bloke off Pointless Celebrities. If there is a lesson in it for Brentford it's that the play off final is a lottery and you need to finish 1st or 2nd - I wouldn't put it past them next season.

Yeah - agree with this. How many threads about a club who are 'definitely not our local rivals'?

Bring on the Lionel (Road) Messis next season. (See what I did there.)
Switching Code........ on 14:35 - Aug 5 with 1548 viewsNov77

Switching Code........ on 14:33 - Aug 5 by eastside_r

Yeah - agree with this. How many threads about a club who are 'definitely not our local rivals'?

Even our official twitter feed is weighing in now

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Switching Code........ on 15:28 - Aug 5 with 1463 viewsstowmarketrange

Switching Code........ on 14:33 - Aug 5 by eastside_r

They are the ones coming on here to spout their views,so if they’re here,they should be ready to take the abuse too.Especially when they throw it all away like they have done in the last week or two.If not,then feck off and stick to their own sites.

I might occasionally scan the board of a team we’re about to play ,or have just played,but I have no interest in contributing to any of them,so I can’t really see why they seem to spend so much time on here.
Switching Code........ on 15:33 - Aug 5 with 1456 viewsWatford_Ranger

Switching Code........ on 15:28 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

They are the ones coming on here to spout their views,so if they’re here,they should be ready to take the abuse too.Especially when they throw it all away like they have done in the last week or two.If not,then feck off and stick to their own sites.

I might occasionally scan the board of a team we’re about to play ,or have just played,but I have no interest in contributing to any of them,so I can’t really see why they seem to spend so much time on here.

Think it comes across as a bit smalltime when there are two match threads and however many others aimed at their team/posters on here. Think they’ve both been quite courteous over the years as far as I can see.

Granted the arrogance of Frank has been hugely OTT and in the end counter-productive which I think has made them a bit more dislikeable but as a “local rival” I just don’t get that feeling for them personally. Maybe because I’m not from the area but then I loathe Chelsea.
Switching Code........ on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 1449 viewsfrancisbowles

Switching Code........ on 10:09 - Aug 5 by enfieldargh

Well said that man, thought Fulham stifled your play, and football come to that!!

Dennis Odoi ,not sure how much they paid for him but he drove me mad last night, apart from one forward run it was just pass it back to Ream. Ream another one a bit like Barbet does a fair bit of cleaning up and mixtures of efficient and wild passes out from the back.

Peter Gilham does get up my nose though so sadly I think thats why many rangers fans feel indifferently towards Brentford, I mean 1967, wounded bee comes begging, Jim Gregory, what do you expect.

Indifferent= Brentford, Fulham,
Hatred = Chelsea, Millwall, Luton, Cardiff

What about Leeds?
Switching Code........ on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 1390 viewsstowmarketrange

Switching Code........ on 15:33 - Aug 5 by Watford_Ranger

Think it comes across as a bit smalltime when there are two match threads and however many others aimed at their team/posters on here. Think they’ve both been quite courteous over the years as far as I can see.

Granted the arrogance of Frank has been hugely OTT and in the end counter-productive which I think has made them a bit more dislikeable but as a “local rival” I just don’t get that feeling for them personally. Maybe because I’m not from the area but then I loathe Chelsea.

I don’t dislike them or see them as our rivals.I guess you have to back to the 60’s to find any real animosity from our side.We moved on to have the scum as rivals for best part of 30 years,then we downgraded to Fulham when they started their rise up the leagues.I suppose brentford have started to become something to fuss over in the last few years,but no more than that.
Switching Code........ on 16:09 - Aug 5 with 1346 viewsClive_Anderson

We could do with some local rivals to be honest. Chelsea since the millionaires/billionaires arrived have been on another planet for the last 25 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Switching Code........ on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 1248 viewsNortholt_Rs

Switching Code........ on 15:28 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

Well said mate.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Switching Code........ on 17:27 - Aug 5 with 1205 viewsrsonist

"Your our new Chelsea"

Nope.
Switching Code........ on 18:03 - Aug 5 with 1161 viewsBlackCrowe

completely agree, the board would be the poorer without Konk and Switching Code. Be good to have a couple more of their ilk.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Switching Code........ on 23:08 - Aug 5 with 1023 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Switching Code........ on 08:44 - Aug 5 by R_from_afar

For whatever reason Switchingcode, Konk, NewBee and fans of other clubs are on here, I feel their different perspective on Rangers and football adds a lot to the debate.

I know what it's like to be a supporter of a team which loses in the play-off final so I for one won't be gloating. Every football fan has felt the pain of defeat.

You're clearly easily pleased. Different doesn't necessarily mean good. Of those you mentioned only Konk adds a useful outside perspective.

Tell me, when you felt the pain of the play-off final defeat to Cardiff was your overriding emotion to immediately login to a Brentford fanzine?
Switching Code........ on 23:25 - Aug 5 with 989 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Switching Code........ on 23:08 - Aug 5 by Benny_the_Ball

You're clearly easily pleased. Different doesn't necessarily mean good. Of those you mentioned only Konk adds a useful outside perspective.

Tell me, when you felt the pain of the play-off final defeat to Cardiff was your overriding emotion to immediately login to a Brentford fanzine?

Well i'd imagine in most normal circumstances most Brentford fans would have been fighting their way out of Wembley by any means after this match.

I mean this thread is called Switching Code...(etc)

Surely SC is entitled to post on it?

"Of those you mentioned only Konk adds a useful outside perspective."

Is that like the law now. Only Konk can post unless Benny says otherwise :)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Switching Code........ on 23:25 - Aug 5 with 988 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Switching Code........ on 14:17 - Aug 5 by NewBee

Speaking only for myself, I first came on here for Clive's posts - very entertaining reading - but stayed for the banter.

And it's refreshing to hear what other fans think, rather than always just debating with people you pretty much agree with anyway.

As for the "why don't you post on your own forum?" merchants, it's not an either/or - I imagine Switching and Konk etc also post on Bees and FFC forums - I know I do.

Finally, this is a well laid out and moderated forum; I've sometimes looked at others then immediately clicked away, because they're like a cross between a zoo and a madhouse.

Anyhow, maybe I'll now cease posting anywhere, seeing as I suddenly hate football...
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 14:36]

You're missing the point. The issue is not about whether you should generally stick to your own forum but about last night specifically.

Moments after a play-off final defeat rather than discuss the match with fellow Bees, Brentford 'fans' are on this site courting QPR fan reaction. What were you expecting? Bad luck old chum? Better luck next year? I find this behaviour strangely masochistic.

EDIT - Shout out to Northolt_Rs!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 0:05]
Switching Code........ on 23:58 - Aug 5 with 944 viewsNortholt_Rs

Switching Code........ on 23:25 - Aug 5 by Benny_the_Ball

You're missing the point. The issue is not about whether you should generally stick to your own forum but about last night specifically.

Moments after a play-off final defeat rather than discuss the match with fellow Bees, Brentford 'fans' are on this site courting QPR fan reaction. What were you expecting? Bad luck old chum? Better luck next year? I find this behaviour strangely masochistic.

EDIT - Shout out to Northolt_Rs!

Surely Masochistic....?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Switching Code........ on 00:03 - Aug 6 with 937 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Switching Code........ on 23:58 - Aug 5 by Northolt_Rs

Surely Masochistic....?

You're right, though it could be a bit of both! Edited with kudos.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024