Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders 20:07 - Aug 6 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

We don't have a midfield as it turns out. You're either a crap defender or a world-beating attacker. So we slung a few into here to make up the numbers.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders 6th Aug 2020 19:30
Given that everybody at QPR this season is either a superb young attacker or an accident-prone defender, it’s a much shorter midfielders round up than usual, and a real mixed bag of personal performances. 16

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 21:25 - Aug 6 with 2163 viewsLeedsR

Another great write up Clive. I too couldn’t conceive the level of vitriol directed at Scowen at times. I really liked him when he rocked up at Rs, full of energy, bite and vigour. Sure he was prone to the odd mistake and over zealous challenge, but he always gave his all. My Barnsley mates were gutted when he came to us. He showed the passion that so many moaned that is, and had been lacking in some players.

He really suffered when McLaren showed up and from there it was always a struggle for him to find his place again, especially with the emergence of Eze, BOS and Chair. Saying that, I thought that there always could have been a place for him. Some around me would really disagree with my assessment. I just think that with some consistent guidance and proper managing, he could have been a successful first team regular. The manner of his departure was a little deflating and he didn’t deserve the abuse he got.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 00:20 - Aug 7 with 1909 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"In a season that’s gone relatively well for QPR, two players, one from our youth team and one who’s worked his way up from non-league, have received grief so over-the-top and frequent, from their own supporters, that they’ve given up and walked away from the platform. That’s Chelsea levels I’m afraid lads."

It is. Well said.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 08:45 - Aug 7 with 1648 viewsMetallica_Hoop

One day Faysal Bettache will win me many points on the prediction league.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 08:54 - Aug 7 with 1638 viewsEsox_Lucius

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 08:45 - Aug 7 by Metallica_Hoop

One day Faysal Bettache will win me many points on the prediction league.

I am hoping his competition will be Amrit Bansal-McNulty.

The grass is always greener.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 1513 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive, great write up. The Luke Amos bit with the references to Sky, Leeds and apologies if you were offended........just had tears in my eyes. Great stuff.

Have to say I agree with you and others, some of our so called fans are disgusting and completely without feeling or reasoning. I hope Josh Scowen can get his career back on track, he truly deserves it.

Btw the Oxford friendly, we won 2-1!
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 1511 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 10:45 - Aug 7 by francisbowles

Thanks Clive, great write up. The Luke Amos bit with the references to Sky, Leeds and apologies if you were offended........just had tears in my eyes. Great stuff.

Have to say I agree with you and others, some of our so called fans are disgusting and completely without feeling or reasoning. I hope Josh Scowen can get his career back on track, he truly deserves it.

Btw the Oxford friendly, we won 2-1!

Fck me I must have been drunk.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 10:53 - Aug 7 with 1505 viewstoboboly

Thought Scowen got dealt a $hitty stick this season, could have really used him after lockdown. The goal v Swansea was my goal of the season.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 1440 viewsrsonist

Was more the couple of stupid sending offs and penalty concessions that did for Scowen than missing chances (also think MW was more concerned with the pass retention). Still inexplicable how the online vitriol caught fire so badly with him though. I know it's one loser outlier but not sure I've ever been as ashamed at supporting this club with the dad stuff personally.
Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:04 - Aug 7 with 1277 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Scowen abuse really feeds into a certain type of fan, sadly. The ones for whom there are only extremes and plenty of anger. It seems to be mainly on social media, only occasionally on here when someone goes a bit mad inthe heat of a tantrum, but it's also in the idiots who think Clive Whittingham (Clive Whittingham!) and the pod/this site are in the pocket of the club. the reason for thinking this is because Clive has a semblance of balance. Amos is not effing sh!t, Todd Kane, even if I'm not a huge fan, is not useless, and Josh Scowen deserved far, far more than the abuse he took. He is a good player who during some portions of his time with us was pretty important to the side. Moreover, he wasn't expensive, never hid, and always worked hard. Then we have the abuse of Joe Lumley. Or the anger that the club are doing a nice - and important - thing with the naming of the stadium. It's endless what people get so angry about, and pretty shameful too in the extreme cases.
The saddest thing is, there isn't really a lot you can do about it, although the club should (and hopefully do) disregard this utter sh!t when they read it on social media.
It's very depressing.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:13 - Aug 7 with 1269 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:04 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

The Scowen abuse really feeds into a certain type of fan, sadly. The ones for whom there are only extremes and plenty of anger. It seems to be mainly on social media, only occasionally on here when someone goes a bit mad inthe heat of a tantrum, but it's also in the idiots who think Clive Whittingham (Clive Whittingham!) and the pod/this site are in the pocket of the club. the reason for thinking this is because Clive has a semblance of balance. Amos is not effing sh!t, Todd Kane, even if I'm not a huge fan, is not useless, and Josh Scowen deserved far, far more than the abuse he took. He is a good player who during some portions of his time with us was pretty important to the side. Moreover, he wasn't expensive, never hid, and always worked hard. Then we have the abuse of Joe Lumley. Or the anger that the club are doing a nice - and important - thing with the naming of the stadium. It's endless what people get so angry about, and pretty shameful too in the extreme cases.
The saddest thing is, there isn't really a lot you can do about it, although the club should (and hopefully do) disregard this utter sh!t when they read it on social media.
It's very depressing.

The club have Andy Watkins on socials now and he seems pretty perfect for it - not a single sht given
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:37 - Aug 7 with 1243 viewsrsonist

Fck I was only posting on here so Norf would cut a brother in on the payroll trough.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 1231 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:37 - Aug 7 by rsonist

Fck I was only posting on here so Norf would cut a brother in on the payroll trough.

Mate all these hookers and blow don't come cheap.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 14:59 - Aug 7 with 1206 viewsstevec

To go to Grammar school and get a U grade at French O Level is bad enough. To then have to be advised, and only then realise, I’d done so bad despite having spent five whole years studying the subject was utterly shameful.

Which brings me to Dom Ball.

33 appearances? I didn’t know he’d made 3 appearances. I promise, I will study the subject a lot harder next season.
End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 01:05 - Aug 8 with 829 viewsjtuck

The contrast between Scowen and Ball is fascinating, both hard triers who blossomed under managers who understood them and gave them confidence. The journey of Ball from outsider Dominic from the suburbs to one of us Dom has been a joy to behold this season and the piratical look with the headband over a gash was a fitting way to end the season. Even those who don't really rate Amos, must concede he has infinitely greater upside if he gets going and has confidence than Scowen/Ball can ever attain. Amos looks classy in bursts. Isn't there a body language angle here too? Amos looks to fans like he's not bothered while Scowen and Ball are the archetypal 'heart on the sleeve' types and you can tell exactly how they're feeling out on the pitch. Clive right to focus on the impact good coaching has on players and it emphasizes yet again what a big arse McLaren was as manager. Holloway told everyone in a season ending Open All Rs podcast to put our faith and trust in Warburton, and he was right.

LAranger

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 07:04 - Aug 8 with 768 viewsdanky10

End of Term Report 2019/20 — Midfielders on 10:53 - Aug 7 by toboboly

Thought Scowen got dealt a $hitty stick this season, could have really used him after lockdown. The goal v Swansea was my goal of the season.

I really liked him too but I don't think that he was ever the same player after Mc Claren. I hope he gets back on track as he seemed like a decent lad who always gave 100%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024