Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 09:22 - Aug 7 with 14455 viewsNorthernr

The Athletic's Spurs guy says he's definitely leaving permanently this summer and it's between us and.... Neil Warnock's Boro.
Amos on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 3112 viewsCamberleyR

Amos on 10:23 - Aug 7 by DejR_vu

I think if it’s between us and Boro, if he’s got his sensible head on, he’d choose us. He knows the club, he’s got a manager who clearly believes in him and has proved it by showing faith in him, playing the type of football that should suit him, at a club that is walking the walk in terms of youth development, all of which should be important to someone if they’re not the most confident. Boro have two things in their favour: (1) Warnock with his track record but, in reality, that’s a massive job and NW hasn’t got time on his side and; (2) money.

Middlesbrough do have Steve Gibson but they will need to be careful as they stopped receiving parachute payments at the end of the 2018/19 season only receiving two season's worth due to going straight back down after promotion last time. It will all depend if Uncle Neil can wheel and deal some of their big earners out.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Amos on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 3052 viewsR_from_afar

Amos on 10:02 - Aug 7 by Northernr

A lot of ours have been on holiday together I think - BOS, Mide, Amos, Eze, Dieng, Manning all Instagrammed together in Mykonos over the last week or so.

All glory to God.

You sure Rangers aren't playing Mykonos in the quarter final of the Checkatrade Europa Shield or something?

Ah Jermaine Jenas. I like him as a pundit but when I listen to his sagacious outpourings, I wonder if he is giving those unfamiliar with his playing career the impression that he was the English version of Roy Keane/Gattuso, in marked contrast to the Caspar the friendly ghost clone rumoured to have appeared in our midfield*.

* A tad harsh perhaps given that I was actually present at St Andrews when he scored twice for us, thus proving that he was in fact real flesh and bones, not ectoplasm.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amos on 14:30 - Aug 7 with 3009 viewsBklynRanger

'Ectoplasm' - there's a word you don't hear often enough in casual conversation - well played.

I'll add in 'smorgasbord' , or 'veritable smorgasbord' as it really should be used.

If we get Luke Amos 'over the line' we'll have a veritable smorgasbord of young pups with potential to squabble over.
Amos on 14:36 - Aug 7 with 2961 viewsMick_S

Amos on 14:30 - Aug 7 by BklynRanger

'Ectoplasm' - there's a word you don't hear often enough in casual conversation - well played.

I'll add in 'smorgasbord' , or 'veritable smorgasbord' as it really should be used.

If we get Luke Amos 'over the line' we'll have a veritable smorgasbord of young pups with potential to squabble over.

Now, that's a word.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amos on 14:40 - Aug 7 with 2952 viewsfrancisbowles

Amos on 14:36 - Aug 7 by Mick_S

Now, that's a word.

If only there were three Ys in Scrabble.
Amos on 14:41 - Aug 7 with 2944 viewsMick_S

Amos on 14:40 - Aug 7 by francisbowles

If only there were three Ys in Scrabble.

That would be melliferous.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Amos on 14:48 - Aug 7 with 2906 viewsLblock

Wonderful news

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amos on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 2908 viewstraininvain

Amos on 09:54 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

Probably irrelevant but he went on holiday with BOS and Shodipo. Ladz.

Warnock would probably turn him into Lee Cattermole.

Bit harsh. Warnock did a good job with Faurlin.

Easy to forget that we played nice attacking football under Warnock. Granted he’s gone route one at some other clubs but i think he plays to his strengths wherever he goes.
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 15:02 - Aug 7 with 2872 viewsWestbourneR

For me he's got nice technique but is essentially a whole load of nothing. No bite, very few goals, not many assists.

But the most important thing by far is how he coasts through games passing sideways.

I just wish we had a midfielder who would play a forward pass. Ale did it - it makes such a difference to the number of goals you score as a team to have a centre mid who takes that responsibility.

Amos fannies around with nice looking technical swivels.

That said - I do think Warburton is a very good coach, he might be able to make him into something.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Amos on 15:13 - Aug 7 with 2834 viewsrsonist

Amos on 14:49 - Aug 7 by traininvain

Easy to forget that we played nice attacking football under Warnock. Granted he’s gone route one at some other clubs but i think he plays to his strengths wherever he goes.

Different position but Hoilett would also be a good comparison. Confidence, seeing clearly what a player's good at, compensating around him for everything he isn't.
Amos on 15:15 - Aug 7 with 2824 viewsrsonist

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5559977/Neil-Warnock-talks-Ma

"When I saw Bamba I thought, 'I wish I could get him because he's an accident waiting to happen. He was (Franz) Beckenbauer, dribbling, losing it, just pleasing himself. I remember saying to him, 'If I could get hold of you, I would make you a player.'
Amos on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 2791 viewsWatford_Ranger

Amos on 14:49 - Aug 7 by traininvain

I meant that as a compliment to Warnock!
Amos on 15:50 - Aug 7 with 2699 viewsEsox_Lucius

Amos on 14:41 - Aug 7 by Mick_S

A sesquipedalian thread has been long overdue.

The grass is always greener.

Amos on 16:04 - Aug 7 with 2641 viewstraininvain

Amos on 15:20 - Aug 7 by Watford_Ranger

I meant that as a compliment to Warnock!

Haha I’m not sure Amos would take that as a compliment!
Amos on 16:11 - Aug 7 with 2623 viewstraininvain

Amos on 15:13 - Aug 7 by rsonist

Different position but Hoilett would also be a good comparison. Confidence, seeing clearly what a player's good at, compensating around him for everything he isn't.

True. Warnock’s good at getting the best out of players. And he adapts to each squad which goes against the perception that he’s a dinosaur only capable of playing long ball.
Amos on 17:08 - Aug 7 with 2493 viewsR_from_afar

Amos on 14:41 - Aug 7 by Mick_S

I am most impressed by the wonderfully obscure words in the superjacent* posts.

* I stumbled across that beauty in a 40 year old dictionary some months ago. I have been holding it back, waiting for the right moment to casually lob it into a thread

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amos on 17:11 - Aug 7 with 2483 viewsR_from_afar

Amos on 14:48 - Aug 7 by Lblock

Wonderful news

At least you can console yourself with the fact that if we do sign him, your hat collection will not take a hit!

Amos on 17:22 - Aug 7 with 2439 viewsQPR_Jim

Amos on 16:11 - Aug 7 by traininvain

True. Warnock’s good at getting the best out of players. And he adapts to each squad which goes against the perception that he’s a dinosaur only capable of playing long ball.

I agree. It's easy to think back and look at some of his initial signings like Derry, Hill, Kenny , Mackie and think that he's all about solid players with little creativity but we already had Adel, Ale & Akos so we were kind of covered in the creative department. When needed he would go out and get a Kyle Walker or Wayne Routledge.
Amos on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 2426 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amos on 17:22 - Aug 7 by QPR_Jim

I agree. It's easy to think back and look at some of his initial signings like Derry, Hill, Kenny , Mackie and think that he's all about solid players with little creativity but we already had Adel, Ale & Akos so we were kind of covered in the creative department. When needed he would go out and get a Kyle Walker or Wayne Routledge.

or Rob Hulse.

Well, everyone's allowed one...

Leon Clarke.

Bare bones.

Amos on 01:32 - Aug 8 with 2111 viewsahoz

Amos too often passes backwards and sideways, which kills off our potential attacking moves, giving the opposition plenty of time to set up their defence. Having said that, when he does get forward he can look dangerous.
Amos on 07:43 - Aug 8 with 1963 viewstimcocking

As far as i'm concerned, the jury is still out on him. Anybody categorically writing him off at this stage is being foolish and potentially making him worse. His only chance to prove us wrong is if we back him heavily. Counter productive to do anything else. Let's give him (another even longer) chance. If he's a permanent signing, he might at least start to try a bit harder.

The whole system whereby he's mid 20s and yet to play football is a pisstake.
Amos on 12:33 - Aug 8 with 1732 viewsLblock

Amos on 07:43 - Aug 8 by timcocking

As far as i'm concerned, the jury is still out on him. Anybody categorically writing him off at this stage is being foolish and potentially making him worse. His only chance to prove us wrong is if we back him heavily. Counter productive to do anything else. Let's give him (another even longer) chance. If he's a permanent signing, he might at least start to try a bit harder.

The whole system whereby he's mid 20s and yet to play football is a pisstake.

So you’ll welcome back.... even though you don’t think he’s been trying very hard for us?

Like your thinking

Players can have an epiphany, suddenly kick on or start a new season afresh; especially when young so I grant it’s dangerous for me to write him off altogether. However, I’ve seen enough of his zero contributions, weak tackling, backwards and sidewards input and total disinterest to form my opinion. I’d despair at another full season, let alone a three year deal, if he blossoms elsewhere then good for him and that happening is a chance I’d take

I’m foolish so it’s a no from me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amos on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 1580 viewsLazyFan

Amos on 15:02 - Aug 7 by WestbourneR

For me he's got nice technique but is essentially a whole load of nothing. No bite, very few goals, not many assists.

But the most important thing by far is how he coasts through games passing sideways.

I just wish we had a midfielder who would play a forward pass. Ale did it - it makes such a difference to the number of goals you score as a team to have a centre mid who takes that responsibility.

Amos fannies around with nice looking technical swivels.

That said - I do think Warburton is a very good coach, he might be able to make him into something.

This, but I doubt Warbs can make him something. He would I expect only improve a little and not enough. He's no Faurlin or anywhere near Mass. He's not as bad but he is closer Jordon Cousins.

zzzzzzzzzz

Amos on 13:53 - Aug 8 with 1575 viewsLazyFan

Amos on 17:25 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

or Rob Hulse.

Well, everyone's allowed one...

Leon Clarke.

I can see why Colin liked him, Hulse was decent for everyone ... errr except after we got a hold of him. And then he was pony.

zzzzzzzzzz

Amos on 13:57 - Aug 8 with 1548 viewsSirNose

would not be missed.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024