Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford player sales affects our market 12:46 - Aug 7 with 3538 viewsWestbourneR

I'm wondering if Brentford failing to go up (lol) and a bunch of their players suddenly looking to move for reasonable money - Watkins, Benrahma and Rico Henry - will harm our chances of getting a good price for Manning, Eze and BOS?

A bunch of the same clubs - Palace, West Ham, Leeds - who were apparently interested in our players seem to now be linked with the Brentford trio. Unfortunate coincidence that the Brentford trio also play in roughy the same positions as ours.

So it might be an either or choice?

Especially considering the bidding clubs have relatively small budgets by Prem standards.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 13:58]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:04 - Aug 7 with 3483 viewsBklynRanger

Might well do - increases the pool of talented young championship players.

Think I said that when we were talking about getting the best deal possible for Eze - Brentford going up would've actually helped with that. Still happy enough with how it worked out :)
Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:06 - Aug 7 with 3475 viewsRangersw12

I'm hoping that if we don't get the asking price for Eze we will simply keep him till at least Jan
Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 3389 viewsrsonist

"Fire sale"... righto. Which one of us needs to sell more again?

It might have a knock on but I doubt it. You're probably not going to want Eze and Benrahma in the same side but they're not exactly the same player either - clubs ought to know already who suits better. If they don't we're going to be the cheaper option so you could look at it the other way around potentially.

Still only one bid on the table from Bruges for BOS incidentally.

What I would be more concerned about is them now staying around to move for players we might have had an interest in. So far Rob Dickie has been the only mooted clash but I'm not sure we're really that dead keen on him as another left sided CB to the likely tune of £3m. If for instance they fancied Goode though we'd be in bother.
Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:39 - Aug 7 with 3350 views18StoneOfHoop

Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:06 - Aug 7 by Rangersw12

I'm hoping that if we don't get the asking price for Eze we will simply keep him till at least Jan

"I want to f*** Angie Dickinson, let's see who gets lucky first."
Corrado 'Junior' Soprano - Quotes.netwww.quotes.net › mquote

[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 13:54]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Brentford fire sale affects our market on 13:51 - Aug 7 with 3302 viewsMytch_QPR

Is there a 'fire sale'? - I thought Brentford were well managed financially. I know they have their new stadium completed, but presumably the sale of Griffin Park will bring in some cash and they have made good money on player transfers in recent seasons.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brentford player sales affects our market on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 3263 viewsWestbourneR

Bloody hell ok I'll remove the word 'fire'. It actually had no bearing on the point, it was just lazy terminology.

Please dedicate all replies to discussing whether the word 'fire' is appropriate.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 13:59]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Brentford player sales affects our market on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 3222 viewsenfieldargh

Brentford player sales affects our market on 13:58 - Aug 7 by WestbourneR

Bloody hell ok I'll remove the word 'fire'. It actually had no bearing on the point, it was just lazy terminology.

Please dedicate all replies to discussing whether the word 'fire' is appropriate.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Brentford player sales affects our market on 14:14 - Aug 7 with 3211 viewsMatch82

Brentford player sales affects our market on 13:58 - Aug 7 by WestbourneR

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford player sales affects our market on 15:18 - Aug 7 with 3118 viewsswitchingcode

Think some would have gone anyway if we went up.Benrahma threw his toys out the pram beginning of last season because he couldn’t get a big move although he was injured.Would expect him to be first to go and then Watkins.Cant see any others high on lists Mbeumo has had a great season up till lockdown but has struggled since he’s only 20 and is tipped to be better than Benrahma by the coaches.Henry had I would think his first injury free season and impressed I expect but maybe size will go against him getting a PL move.
Despite these high transfer figures banded about I think most clubs outside the top 8 of PL will be more frugal when spending in a deflated economy.Unfortunately this transfer window is open for over a month after the season starts and clubs waiting for bids like us and you (Eze)you don’t know if you are going shopping in Harrods or Aldi.
Brentford player sales affects our market on 16:23 - Aug 7 with 3023 viewskensalriser

For quite a long time, having heard his name on the radio but not seen it in writing, I fancied that Benrahma was in fact Ben Rahma, satisfying myself that the use of his full name was a commentator foible as with Petr Cech (I never did discover why Cech was always Petr Cech in full instead of just Cech).

I'm still quite disappointed he's not Ben Rahma, in all honesty.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brentford player sales affects our market on 16:29 - Aug 7 with 3008 viewsEsox_Lucius

A potential blot on their horizon could be the failure to obtain a safety certificate for the new stadium and it remaining with the developer until it is completely ready for handover. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't issuance of the certificate predicated on having the final phase of the procedure being conducted at full capacity? Hard to do if the ground cannot legally be used at full capacity. No new stadium; no more GP so it may be either no home games this season or trips to Gunnersbury Park/ Hanwell Town for their home games. I wish we were as well run as they are... or is this some kind of karmic thing for Warren Farm?

The grass is always greener.

Brentford player sales affects our market on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 2854 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford player sales affects our market on 16:29 - Aug 7 by Esox_Lucius

A potential blot on their horizon could be the failure to obtain a safety certificate for the new stadium and it remaining with the developer until it is completely ready for handover. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't issuance of the certificate predicated on having the final phase of the procedure being conducted at full capacity? Hard to do if the ground cannot legally be used at full capacity. No new stadium; no more GP so it may be either no home games this season or trips to Gunnersbury Park/ Hanwell Town for their home games. I wish we were as well run as they are... or is this some kind of karmic thing for Warren Farm?

Don’t worry it’s all sorted 👍we have sold over 11000 Season tickets (sorry for bragging again)no way will we all fit into Hanwell towns ground.Although Gunnersbury Park could be a goer Clive had a good rename for us a few weeks back think it was racing Gunnersbury Park.You will enjoy getting more of your fans into our new stadium next season let’s hope we can all get there.
Brentford player sales affects our market on 18:17 - Aug 7 with 2823 viewsEsox_Lucius

Brentford player sales affects our market on 17:46 - Aug 7 by switchingcode

Don’t worry it’s all sorted 👍we have sold over 11000 Season tickets (sorry for bragging again)no way will we all fit into Hanwell towns ground.Although Gunnersbury Park could be a goer Clive had a good rename for us a few weeks back think it was racing Gunnersbury Park.You will enjoy getting more of your fans into our new stadium next season let’s hope we can all get there.

Any proof that it has been all sorted? as after an extensive trawl on the interweb there is no evidence that the safety certificate proceedings have even begun. Even fans on your own MB's are asking the same question.

The grass is always greener.

Brentford player sales affects our market on 17:53 - Aug 9 with 2477 viewsPaddyhoops

Brentford player sales affects our market on 17:46 - Aug 7 by switchingcode

Congrats on selling your 11,000 season tickets.
I pretty much doubt they'll be putting thier arses on them any time soon and that pretty much goes for every club in the country. This covid shit ain't going anywhere.
Johnson has said he'll close pubs to keep schools open .
He won't give a flying f**k about filling football grounds again. Still at least those multicoloured seats will make it look like somebodys in there!
Brentford player sales affects our market on 20:05 - Aug 9 with 2333 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford player sales affects our market on 17:53 - Aug 9 by Paddyhoops

Congrats on selling your 11,000 season tickets.
I pretty much doubt they'll be putting thier arses on them any time soon and that pretty much goes for every club in the country. This covid shit ain't going anywhere.
Johnson has said he'll close pubs to keep schools open .
He won't give a flying f**k about filling football grounds again. Still at least those multicoloured seats will make it look like somebodys in there!

To be honest although I’ve got a great seat whatever the colour of it is at my age I reckon I’m going to be last in the queue to be allowed in.
Brentford player sales affects our market on 15:59 - Aug 10 with 2102 viewsCamberleyR

Brentford player sales affects our market on 14:10 - Aug 7 by enfieldargh

It's a semitone higher. At least.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024