Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 17:05 - Aug 7 with 13432 viewsNorthernr

Try and keep your erections down to a dull throb.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bright-osayi-samuel-contract
Bright on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 4794 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news all 'round.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 4739 viewsbosh67

I really like BOS but it all seems a bit weird. He doesn't want to stay but he wants to stay but wants to leave unless he doesn't.

Yeah but no but yeah!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 17:32 - Aug 7 with 4701 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 17:27 - Aug 7 by bosh67

I really like BOS but it all seems a bit weird. He doesn't want to stay but he wants to stay but wants to leave unless he doesn't.

Yeah but no but yeah!

There's the very heavy hand of an agent at play here. Best thing he could do, and I'm not just saying it, is smash the fcking tits off next season, and be next summer's Eze, when he'll have his absolute pick of clubs. Obviously it'd be nice for us if he extended his contract before doing that.
Bright on 17:32 - Aug 7 with 4691 viewsClive_Anderson

Sounds pretty good unless he wants to wind his contract down.

But fkc it I'm in a good mood so...yippee!
Bright on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 4681 viewsbosh67

Bright on 17:32 - Aug 7 by Northernr

There's the very heavy hand of an agent at play here. Best thing he could do, and I'm not just saying it, is smash the fcking tits off next season, and be next summer's Eze, when he'll have his absolute pick of clubs. Obviously it'd be nice for us if he extended his contract before doing that.

I think you may be right there. Make him one of the better paid players and sign him for another year or so and tell him he'll get much richer if he becomes top dog here for another season.

Or not!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bright on 17:46 - Aug 7 with 4589 viewspaulparker

I wonder if the club came to an arrangement with BOS, ie sign a new deal get off to a flyer and we will let you go, the transfer windows are open until October so a struggling prem club like palace , Brighton or whoever etc may make a bid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright on 17:50 - Aug 7 with 4568 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 17:46 - Aug 7 by paulparker

I wonder if the club came to an arrangement with BOS, ie sign a new deal get off to a flyer and we will let you go, the transfer windows are open until October so a struggling prem club like palace , Brighton or whoever etc may make a bid

But if you're the agent you're saying don't sign the deal, stay and get off to a flyer, in January or next summer you'll be cheap as chips for a buyer - i.e. what happened with Austin.
Bright on 18:07 - Aug 7 with 4456 viewsGloucs_R

Bright on 17:50 - Aug 7 by Northernr

But if you're the agent you're saying don't sign the deal, stay and get off to a flyer, in January or next summer you'll be cheap as chips for a buyer - i.e. what happened with Austin.

Yeah, this is the worry.

What can the club do.... Screwed one way or another

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 18:13 - Aug 7 with 4407 viewsqprxtc

Unless we get promoted.

This time ten years ago and all that.
Bright on 18:24 - Aug 7 with 4335 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 18:07 - Aug 7 by Gloucs_R

Yeah, this is the worry.

What can the club do.... Screwed one way or another

Well the other way of looking at it is he's losing money every week at the moment sitting there on his existing deal which his agent has told him not to sign.

Let's say he's on £5k a week atm, and QPR offered him £10k in January (for instance) then he's already £160,000 poorer now than he would have been if he'd signed the deal. If he stays through next season on that same deal then he's £390,000 lighter than he would have been.

If he gets picked up by a Premier League club next summer on compensation only, then that's small fry, they'll triple that just to sign, and he'll be right. But if next season doesn't go well, and he gets injured or something, then he might be wondering why he was advised to leave £390,000 sitting on the table to try and scrabble together a deal that may or may not happen next summer.
Bright on 18:32 - Aug 7 with 4281 viewsMatch82

Bright on 18:24 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Well the other way of looking at it is he's losing money every week at the moment sitting there on his existing deal which his agent has told him not to sign.

Let's say he's on £5k a week atm, and QPR offered him £10k in January (for instance) then he's already £160,000 poorer now than he would have been if he'd signed the deal. If he stays through next season on that same deal then he's £390,000 lighter than he would have been.

If he gets picked up by a Premier League club next summer on compensation only, then that's small fry, they'll triple that just to sign, and he'll be right. But if next season doesn't go well, and he gets injured or something, then he might be wondering why he was advised to leave £390,000 sitting on the table to try and scrabble together a deal that may or may not happen next summer.

If I'm QPR I'm talking to him about a one year extension with a % of transfer kicker. If he knows he's getting 10% of the fee and that the bids will be much lower if he's only got 6 months left, it might convince him to sign for mutual benefit
Bright on 18:36 - Aug 7 with 4253 viewsflynnbo

The lads are probably discussing it right now over a glass of Ouzo!
Bright on 18:36 - Aug 7 with 4253 viewsNorthernr

Bright on 18:32 - Aug 7 by Match82

If I'm QPR I'm talking to him about a one year extension with a % of transfer kicker. If he knows he's getting 10% of the fee and that the bids will be much lower if he's only got 6 months left, it might convince him to sign for mutual benefit

The agent has obviosuly been pushing the fcking Belgium deal, like the Sunderland lad who ended up in Bordeaux. If he has rejected that for good (not just haggling for more money) then it miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be a small opportunity.
Bright on 18:47 - Aug 7 with 4188 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe i'm being a tad optimistic, but I reckon 15 to 20 of the clubs in the Championship are going to be in a absolute mess next season because of a mixture of relegation, FFP, and Covid.

It feels surreal to say this but QPR must seem like a pretty stable option right now.
Bright on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 4151 viewstraininvain

Player pockets more cash in this scenario through a hefty signing on fee in lieu of a cheaper or no transfer fee.
Bright on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 4147 viewsdavman

Bright on 18:47 - Aug 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe i'm being a tad optimistic, but I reckon 15 to 20 of the clubs in the Championship are going to be in a absolute mess next season because of a mixture of relegation, FFP, and Covid.

It feels surreal to say this but QPR must seem like a pretty stable option right now.

Who cares about stability?

If he is offered a contract by any club, just sign it. Unlike other debt, they Have to honour a player's contract. If they offer it, he'll get it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 18:56 - Aug 7 with 4135 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bright on 18:53 - Aug 7 by davman

If he is offered a contract by any club, just sign it. Unlike other debt, they Have to honour a player's contract. If they offer it, he'll get it...

'Who cares about stability'
Bright on 19:22 - Aug 7 with 3989 viewskensalriser

Bright on 18:53 - Aug 7 by davman

Unless the club goes in to administration.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bright on 19:39 - Aug 7 with 3910 viewsbarbicanranger

I'd care about stability right now particularly at BOS' time in his career. This next move is big for him in terms of where he could go as a player. That's why from the start I haven't understood his posturing or intentions - sign an extension with us, continue to develop get your right move when it comes. Our club has already shown in Freeman deal that you can sign an extension and still get your move.
Bright on 20:11 - Aug 7 with 3780 viewsthame_hoops

Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many adverts on a website
Bright on 21:14 - Aug 7 with 3502 viewsLblock

Time for an Ollie Watkins type buy out clause me thinks

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bright on 22:59 - Aug 7 with 3220 viewsGloryHunter

Thanks for explaining it all, Clive. That's the reason I'm happy to pay for content next season
Bright on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 3203 viewsdavman

Bright on 19:22 - Aug 7 by kensalriser

Unless the club goes in to administration.

Not sure that there is an example of a club going into Administration and the precious players not getting paid. Liquidating the club a la Bury and Aldershot maybe, but to exit Administration, whilst debt may be reduced, football debt has to be repaid in full, or at least it had to.

... and the reference to not caring about stability is what I think players and their agents think. Once they have signed that contract, they will get every penny owing one way or another...

Just remember, through this crisis, when their employers have had limited income and have furloughed and laid off non playing staff, the best the players could come up with was a deferral. Not a wage cut, but a deferral. We'll still get our money, no matter what...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 3202 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great news.

If it happens.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bright on 23:06 - Aug 7 with 3192 viewsMyke

Or he could have a ' go through the motions' season and leave next season for nothing - just saying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024