Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 17:05 - Aug 7 with 13517 viewsNorthernr

Try and keep your erections down to a dull throb.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bright-osayi-samuel-contract
Bright on 17:06 - Aug 8 with 3630 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bright on 16:37 - Aug 8 by paulparker

No they wouldn’t , 99.9% of the fan base could see what an asset he is and how with a bit of decent coaching and fine tuning he could be a match winner the only person who couldn’t see that was that useless gimp Mclaren

Until Oct/ Nov time there were plenty sat around by me moaning about how sh!t he was. They soon shut up when he started turning it on but previous to that, they'd have been happy to get our money back on him. There are people posting on various sites now that Manning is sh!t. All the remonstrations regarding players is just opinions and no-one but a small ew actually know anything about what is happening with BOS and the club.

The grass is always greener.

Bright on 18:42 - Aug 8 with 3451 viewsWestbourneR

I’d love this to be good news - but I fear it isn’t. He’s waiting for a move to a bigger English club and if that means running down his contract then so be it. He won’t sign a new one - why would he?

I presume we have a wage ceiling of what... £20k pw? He’s likely on £5k so it’s fair chunk of wedge to miss out over a year but if he has another season like this one he’ll be in Prem and make that back in signing on fee alone.

The best thing we could do is get him to sign but with a lowish release fee like £8mill. That’s an offer both sides a night accept.

It’s shame because I think he could be very valuable, he’s starting to turn into a serious threat. And he scores goals - and that’s when you start being worth big money.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bright on 19:07 - Aug 8 with 3385 viewsBklynRanger

BALLS TO HIM! BALLS TO IT ALL!

Shodipo's a better crosser anyway. Maybe not as good at the other bits but fcuk it. Sign or don't sign BOS-man we'll all survive either way. I await your response.

BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS
Bright on 20:35 - Aug 8 with 3267 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where would we be without our endless supply of scapegoats?

The grass is always greener.

Bright on 23:44 - Aug 8 with 3015 viewsLoftgirl

Bright on 11:21 - Aug 8 by GloryHunter

A wag cap. We definitely need that!

Good idea for Rooney.
Bright on 01:48 - Aug 9 with 2888 viewsDavieQPR

He might have no choice but to run down his contract if he wants to leave because at the moment nobody, except some obscure Belgium team, wants to pay any money for him.
Bright on 03:43 - Aug 9 with 2837 viewstimcocking

Bright on 07:31 - Aug 8 by Gloucs_R

The more I think about this, the more it annoys me.

We need the money to invest in New players. Without it, we can't implement the buy and sell strategy.

BOS wants to go, good luck to him. It's good for him and us. But if he's going to run his contact down or force us into selling his for peanuts, then him and his agent can't FRO.

I suspect they've (agent) got a Prem club lined up who don't want to pay 5m. Expect a deadline day bid of 3m which we will be forced to accept or we shall only get 1m in Jan or nothing next summer.

He won't sign a new contract.

Fking football.

Except with a relatively paltry fee of 4 mil or so...chickenfeed really. That's not my idea of buying and selling. I'd like to see our owners pay him enough to stay, unless he's being totally unreasonable.

Annoying, though, bloody right it is. Shafted each way it seems.

I'm still putting a lot of the blame on McLaren's era. I think most of us always realised he was a good asset at this level, it was immediately apparent. To use a football cliche, he's 'unmarketable' at times. Could be in our 4 x 100m relay team. No question i'd be happier marking Eze than Bright, he's a defender's nightmare. If you look at the price Eze is attracting, not extending Bright's contract when we should have is potentially a 10 million pound mistake.

Just to rub salt in, if we have no choice but to keep him and think 'well let's just get one more good season out of him before he goes', he'll probably do a Grant Hall halfway through the season and stop playing. For his family of course.
Bright on 09:37 - Aug 9 with 2627 viewsdaveB

I think brights chances of a move this summer hinge on what happens with the Brentford front three, clubs who would want bright may well be after some of those instead now, same with Eze
Login to get fewer ads

Bright on 09:43 - Aug 9 with 2613 viewsGloucs_R

Bright on 09:37 - Aug 9 by daveB

I think brights chances of a move this summer hinge on what happens with the Brentford front three, clubs who would want bright may well be after some of those instead now, same with Eze

I think he'll go, but on deadline day for closer to 3.5m plus add ons. the challenge is without his money we can't really invest in the team. So it's no wonder our transfers inbound have gone really quiet.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bright on 09:56 - Aug 9 with 2591 viewsfrancisbowles

Bright on 16:37 - Aug 8 by paulparker

No they wouldn’t , 99.9% of the fan base could see what an asset he is and how with a bit of decent coaching and fine tuning he could be a match winner the only person who couldn’t see that was that useless gimp Mclaren

99.9% is most definitely wrong PP.

I would say that the majority of fans thought he was a speed merchant with little end product.

From around October 2019, he surprised us by improving his crossing and finishing as well as adding consistency to his game. He did look a bit like the old BOS after lockdown though.

Better coaching has helped but imho it is confidence that has made the biggest difference.
Bright on 10:05 - Aug 9 with 2566 viewsMaggsinho

Bright on 09:43 - Aug 9 by Gloucs_R

I think he'll go, but on deadline day for closer to 3.5m plus add ons. the challenge is without his money we can't really invest in the team. So it's no wonder our transfers inbound have gone really quiet.

I’m not so sure about that, I think the plan was to sell Eze this summer, tie Bright down to a new contract and then sell him next summer so this years budget would have been predicated on Eze leaving, not Bright.
Bright on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 2547 viewsQPROslo

Bright on 10:05 - Aug 9 by Maggsinho

I’m not so sure about that, I think the plan was to sell Eze this summer, tie Bright down to a new contract and then sell him next summer so this years budget would have been predicated on Eze leaving, not Bright.

If true, why did we accept the Bruge bid of €5 million, if true?!
Bright on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 2520 viewsMaggsinho

Bright on 10:10 - Aug 9 by QPROslo

Well because he refused to sign the contract he was offered, the €5m would be a bonus for this year, not part of the budget they presumably laid out when planning for 2020.

Obviously I’m only guessing/hypothesising but I’m not convinced that with the expected sale of Eze for £20m that the Bright funds are vital to our rebuilding. Nice, desirable yes, vital no.
Bright on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 2493 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bright on 10:10 - Aug 9 by QPROslo

Maybe the club felt BOS extending was a no-go and/or to entice other offers?

Someone on here made a good suggestion: try extend with an agreed release clause of (I think) £8m. If he continues his improvement then they’ll all be beating a path to our door but hey, better get £8m than £0m next year.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bright on 11:00 - Aug 9 with 2408 viewsdavman

Bright on 10:19 - Aug 9 by PlanetHonneywood

Maybe the club felt BOS extending was a no-go and/or to entice other offers?

Someone on here made a good suggestion: try extend with an agreed release clause of (I think) £8m. If he continues his improvement then they’ll all be beating a path to our door but hey, better get £8m than £0m next year.

Make it £8.8M giving him 10% of the fee. It's in his interests to go then...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright on 12:32 - Aug 9 with 2272 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bright on 01:48 - Aug 9 by DavieQPR

He might have no choice but to run down his contract if he wants to leave because at the moment nobody, except some obscure Belgium team, wants to pay any money for him.

obscure Belgian team. lol

Bare bones.

Bright on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 2198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're in danger of convincing ourselves that BOS won't negotiate with us. The article doesn't say that to be fair. Or that he's intent on running down his contract, when there's no hint of that either.

Or that we need to sell him to get funds to rebuild, when we've already signed one player and bid £2m for another. We know Hoos well enough at this stage to know that he wouldn't bid for players using money he might get in later, so I think we can safely say that we have money even without selling BOS. After all, the article says that our first reaction to BOS rejecting Bruges was not to tell his agent to get busy but to double up efforts to keep him and to reopen talks.

The article also says that Manning is in talks and that we have had approaches for Eze from Palace and West Ham. Clearly, they have been rebuffed.

All in all, we seem to be in a very strong position and to be in control of our own finances. This is serious progress.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 13:23]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 2131 viewsderbyhoop

Bright on 01:48 - Aug 9 by DavieQPR

An obscure Belgian club who play Champions League more often than not?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bright on 19:40 - Aug 9 with 1852 viewsLazyFan

This is a great idea. Also means he is more likely to sign a new contract and then play with a full on purpose to get that 800K.

I like the idea.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bright on 20:05 - Aug 9 with 1766 viewsrsonist

Bright on 13:05 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

We're in danger of convincing ourselves that BOS won't negotiate with us. The article doesn't say that to be fair. Or that he's intent on running down his contract, when there's no hint of that either.

Or that we need to sell him to get funds to rebuild, when we've already signed one player and bid £2m for another. We know Hoos well enough at this stage to know that he wouldn't bid for players using money he might get in later, so I think we can safely say that we have money even without selling BOS. After all, the article says that our first reaction to BOS rejecting Bruges was not to tell his agent to get busy but to double up efforts to keep him and to reopen talks.

The article also says that Manning is in talks and that we have had approaches for Eze from Palace and West Ham. Clearly, they have been rebuffed.

All in all, we seem to be in a very strong position and to be in control of our own finances. This is serious progress.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 13:23]

It wouldn't bankrupt us to have to wait until 2022 for a compensatory ruling on BOS leaving out of contract but it'd be far from ideal all the same. It's money we still need to crack on and keep building at a good clip not just survive hand to mouth.

This is simply the difference between a robust and mature development model (where you have your contract ducks lined up, a healthy team in situ that can cope without, and replacements already on the books) and one still in its formative stages like ours. The inconvenience of the timing of when you lose a player is often the very same reason compensation gets big - if you look at the sales of the sort of clubs we talk about in this regard they very, very rarely happen nicely just so at the beginning of summer.

Once other clubs work through their other preferred targets/crank up desperation I think Bright will get his move. May even be a bidding war for a higher fee but its benefits will be mitigated by its lateness. Hopefully as you say it seems we still have the means to find value elsewhere in the meantime - albeit on a smaller scale than perhaps originally intended - and not need to lash it out right away.
Bright on 20:13 - Aug 9 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bright on 20:05 - Aug 9 by rsonist

It wouldn't bankrupt us to have to wait until 2022 for a compensatory ruling on BOS leaving out of contract but it'd be far from ideal all the same. It's money we still need to crack on and keep building at a good clip not just survive hand to mouth.

This is simply the difference between a robust and mature development model (where you have your contract ducks lined up, a healthy team in situ that can cope without, and replacements already on the books) and one still in its formative stages like ours. The inconvenience of the timing of when you lose a player is often the very same reason compensation gets big - if you look at the sales of the sort of clubs we talk about in this regard they very, very rarely happen nicely just so at the beginning of summer.

Once other clubs work through their other preferred targets/crank up desperation I think Bright will get his move. May even be a bidding war for a higher fee but its benefits will be mitigated by its lateness. Hopefully as you say it seems we still have the means to find value elsewhere in the meantime - albeit on a smaller scale than perhaps originally intended - and not need to lash it out right away.

Good post, as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 21:16 - Aug 9 with 1606 viewsQPROslo

Bright on 10:14 - Aug 9 by Maggsinho

Well because he refused to sign the contract he was offered, the €5m would be a bonus for this year, not part of the budget they presumably laid out when planning for 2020.

Obviously I’m only guessing/hypothesising but I’m not convinced that with the expected sale of Eze for £20m that the Bright funds are vital to our rebuilding. Nice, desirable yes, vital no.

Well I've read recently the Club will accept £16 million for Eze. I hope not, but if they do and they Budgeted 20m as you say, that €5 million for BOS would almost have covered it.

I'd have thought if the Club thought they could get more for BOS, they'd have rejected the offer and indicated through the media they expected double the Bruges offer, which he is surely worth even now, if he had more than a year on his contract anyway. So agreeing a new deal with him would be a good result for all, along as BOS wants to progress as he surely can as a wide man, or even wing back, who can also play striker,and not just sit out a year. Surely BOS doesn't want that?
Bright on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 1228 viewscolinallcars

My neighbour who supports Chelsea, climbed up to the top of the 30 foot wall I built in the garden and said Chelsea are interested in Bright.
Bright on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 1135 viewsMiss_Terraces

Bright on 08:48 - Aug 10 by colinallcars

My neighbour who supports Chelsea, climbed up to the top of the 30 foot wall I built in the garden and said Chelsea are interested in Bright.

30 foot and he still didn't get the hint? Barbwire my friend, they're like rats you got to keep them out

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Bright on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 1083 viewsNW5Hoop

Bright on 23:33 - Aug 7 by VancouverHoop

Triple S Sports and Entertainment. They also handle Harry McGuire, Wayne Rooney and Jack Butland also loads of other players.

Information on player agents is available on transfermarkt.com

Triple S - set up by Paul Stretford and Freddie Shepherd. Literally the worst people in football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024