Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chumps League. 11:54 - Aug 8 with 4576 viewsSnipper

Sorry if this has been posted already, but a Chelsea fan at work told me that if Wolves win the Europa League, then the fourth placed team in the Premier League misses out as any country can’t have more than 4 teams. That means Chelsea would miss out.

Wolves have a bloody tough draw playing Sevilla on Tuesday. Come on Wolves.
Chumps League. on 12:03 - Aug 8 with 3527 viewsCamberleyR

Not sure that's true if this BBC sport article from last season explaining the different scenarios for English teams is anything to go by. It mentions that there can be a maximum of five teams from one country in the Champions League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Chumps League. on 12:17 - Aug 8 with 3494 viewsSnipper

Chumps League. on 12:03 - Aug 8 by CamberleyR

Not sure that's true if this BBC sport article from last season explaining the different scenarios for English teams is anything to go by. It mentions that there can be a maximum of five teams from one country in the Champions League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

You’re right Camberley. I’ve just checked it up myself. Last time I listen to a Chelsea fan. 😳🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%80%9321_UEFA_Champions_League
Chumps League. on 13:29 - Aug 8 with 3354 viewsLunarJetman

Chumps League. on 12:17 - Aug 8 by Snipper

You’re right Camberley. I’ve just checked it up myself. Last time I listen to a Chelsea fan. 😳🤣

You shouldn’t be talking to one in the first place let alone considering what they say might be true...
Chumps League. on 13:47 - Aug 8 with 3316 viewsLazyFan

Wolves would have to beat Seville and then probably Inter and then probably Man U in the final. The odds are against them I would say.

Especially as their main striker is rumoured to be moving to Man U.

Would be funny though. An unfashionable team winning a European tourno!

The manager could then claim that he is now "the special one".

zzzzzzzzzz

Chumps League. on 19:49 - Aug 8 with 3091 viewsBoston

Chumps League. on 13:29 - Aug 8 by LunarJetman

You shouldn’t be talking to one in the first place let alone considering what they say might be true...

...it's better to let them waffle on so everyone knows what they are, rather than just presuming so.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chumps League. on 20:09 - Aug 8 with 3066 viewsPhildo

Var is sometimes good he he he
Chumps League. on 20:30 - Aug 8 with 3016 viewsMrSheen

Play that oompah music, white boy.
Chumps League. on 20:32 - Aug 8 with 3013 viewsPhildo

Hawaii 5 0 now
Login to get fewer ads

Chumps League. on 20:33 - Aug 8 with 3008 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chumps League. on 20:32 - Aug 8 by Phildo

Hawaii 5 0 now

I can't believe that goal was disallowed by the VAR

The grass is always greener.

Chumps League. on 20:34 - Aug 8 with 3008 viewsDannyPaddox

Get the Barca Napoli stream going. First time I’ve properly watched Barca for a while. Within minutes Messi scores a ridiculous goal. Gets the better of half the team Gets knocked over at one point. Still scores. GOL! Will there ever be another player on his level? Scores another before I’ve even finished writing this. My word (Barry Davies voice).

Edit: second Messi goal ruled out by KWAL - knob with a laptop
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 20:38]
Chumps League. on 20:37 - Aug 8 with 2996 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chumps League. on 20:34 - Aug 8 by DannyPaddox

Get the Barca Napoli stream going. First time I’ve properly watched Barca for a while. Within minutes Messi scores a ridiculous goal. Gets the better of half the team Gets knocked over at one point. Still scores. GOL! Will there ever be another player on his level? Scores another before I’ve even finished writing this. My word (Barry Davies voice).

I'm watching it too, Danny.

Messi at his very best tonight. Harsh to have that goal chalked off, I thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chumps League. on 20:39 - Aug 8 with 2989 viewsPhildo

Much as Messi is amazing to watch seeing Fvanks lads getting humped is too much of a treat
Chumps League. on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 2977 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chumps League. on 20:39 - Aug 8 by Phildo

Much as Messi is amazing to watch seeing Fvanks lads getting humped is too much of a treat

He's sticking with the yoof y'know.

And not looking to spend a fortune on older players at all.

No.

Chumps League. on 20:46 - Aug 8 with 2949 viewsDannyPaddox

Chumps League. on 20:37 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm watching it too, Danny.

Messi at his very best tonight. Harsh to have that goal chalked off, I thought.

I thought so too Brian. Would be extremely harsh to give the pen against Koulibaly also
Chumps League. on 20:48 - Aug 8 with 2935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chumps League. on 20:46 - Aug 8 by DannyPaddox

I thought so too Brian. Would be extremely harsh to give the pen against Koulibaly also

Given.

I think it was a foul, though completely unintentional.

Chumps League. on 20:49 - Aug 8 with 2931 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I get genuinely sad when I think of Messi's dwindling days.

He's had another fine season, playing deep and dragging this sick team and club.

Chumps League. on 20:51 - Aug 8 with 2919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, a peno for Napoli now.

It's all happening.

Chumps League. on 20:58 - Aug 8 with 2895 viewsstowmarketrange

He really is the master.I’ve been lucky enough to see him play live 3 times and he just seems to stroll around until he’s needed for something important.
I can’t wait to see him in blue and white hoops.
Chumps League. on 21:05 - Aug 8 with 2887 viewsDannyPaddox

Chumps League. on 20:49 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I get genuinely sad when I think of Messi's dwindling days.

He's had another fine season, playing deep and dragging this sick team and club.

Same here. Watching Messi still turn it on but at the same time contemplating his career is coming to a close is like the feeling when you’ve half-way done your holiday. You’re still enjoying it but there’s an ever-looming melancholy. A touch melodramatic but there ya go.
Chumps League. on 21:34 - Aug 8 with 2820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chumps League. on 21:05 - Aug 8 by DannyPaddox

Same here. Watching Messi still turn it on but at the same time contemplating his career is coming to a close is like the feeling when you’ve half-way done your holiday. You’re still enjoying it but there’s an ever-looming melancholy. A touch melodramatic but there ya go.

He is without doubt my favourite sportsperson ever (ignoring my bias towards R's and Cork GAA players).

Apart from being sporting and humble, he has made me laugh so often with the sheer beauty of his play.

Chumps League. on 21:54 - Aug 8 with 2750 viewsPunteR

Chumps League. on 12:17 - Aug 8 by Snipper

NEVER listen to a chelsea fan

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chumps League. on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 2456 viewsrsonist

Chumps League. on 13:47 - Aug 8 by LazyFan

Wolves would have to beat Seville and then probably Inter and then probably Man U in the final. The odds are against them I would say.

Especially as their main striker is rumoured to be moving to Man U.

Would be funny though. An unfashionable team winning a European tourno!

The manager could then claim that he is now "the special one".

With all due respect to the excellence of the work being done at Wolves I don't think it gets more fashionable than a Chinese conglomerate backed super-agent's financial instrument prospering.

Lyon dumping Juve out though was absolutely delicious. Precisely the sort of club Agnelli (perhaps the biggest cnt in football) thinks shouldn't be competing in his ideal closed shop Super League racket.

https://www.football-italia.net/150852/agnelli-should-atalanta-be-champions-leag
Chumps League. on 10:12 - Aug 9 with 2415 viewsfrancisbowles

Chumps League. on 09:29 - Aug 9 by rsonist

With all due respect to the excellence of the work being done at Wolves I don't think it gets more fashionable than a Chinese conglomerate backed super-agent's financial instrument prospering.

Lyon dumping Juve out though was absolutely delicious. Precisely the sort of club Agnelli (perhaps the biggest cnt in football) thinks shouldn't be competing in his ideal closed shop Super League racket.

https://www.football-italia.net/150852/agnelli-should-atalanta-be-champions-leag

Your absolutely right, rsonist.

Thanks for highlighting this.
Chumps League. on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 2281 viewsClive_Anderson

I'm cheering on Red Bull all the way.

If ever a grubby, money grabbing competition deserved to be won by a global drinks brand it's the Champions League.
Chumps League. on 19:33 - Aug 9 with 2157 viewsrsonist

Chumps League. on 15:54 - Aug 9 by Clive_Anderson

I'm cheering on Red Bull all the way.

If ever a grubby, money grabbing competition deserved to be won by a global drinks brand it's the Champions League.

You say that but the RB empire is a funny one from a moralistic POV. In branding terms they are the most aggressive and locust-like by far yet they have never bought names and have only ploughed immense sums into an incredible global U23 scouting network with an emphasis on progressive attacking football. If they did ever win the CL it would be hard to say who exactly it'd be one in the eye for - maybe everyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024