Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 12:43 - Aug 14 with 49778 viewsHayesender

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/qpr-want-aussie-551774?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=r

One for our Scottish lot. I've never heard of him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lyndon Dykes on 15:55 - Aug 16 with 3765 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 15:45 - Aug 16 by aston_hoop

Could end up choosing Scotland...

https://www.footballparadise.com/lyndon-dykes-nearing-decision-over-internationa

He's been quite non committal but latest was they're expecting Steve Clarke to name him in the next Scotland squad, games in September so not long to wait.
With the current virus situation you'd think club would put at least a little pressure on him that not choosing Aus would be wiser move for his career?
I'm not entirely convinced he's Scotlands best choice but the ability to play up front on his own will be valuable
Lyndon Dykes on 15:57 - Aug 16 with 3754 viewsrsonist

Hopefully our scouts are following the same all important, never failing What Would Warnock Do test as here.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:59 - Aug 16 with 3738 viewsolderR

Commentator on Sky just said “looks like he’s going to QPR”
Believe it when it’s on the offish.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:01 - Aug 16 with 3712 viewsJigsore

Lyndon Dykes on 15:57 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Hopefully our scouts are following the same all important, never failing What Would Warnock Do test as here.

Warnock who's famously supermarket sweep with strikers

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Lyndon Dykes on 16:02 - Aug 16 with 3696 viewsaston_hoop

One of the few ITK guys

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:06 - Aug 16 with 3654 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Would appear to be your garden variety obnoxious Aussie rshole. Guess that's kind of what you want from a bully boy target man to be fair...

Knows when to make a move though...
And score

Edit, kind of spoils the joke without this😂
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2375272/queen-of-the-
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:18]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:06 - Aug 16 with 3638 viewsbakerloo8

Lyndon Dykes on 15:45 - Aug 16 by aston_hoop

Could end up choosing Scotland...

https://www.footballparadise.com/lyndon-dykes-nearing-decision-over-internationa

This would be far better news.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:11 - Aug 16 with 3603 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Aug 14 by BathRanger

If we sign him, I think it should be on condition that Queen's Park in Scotland have first refusal when he leaves so he can complete the set.

And if he does sign, perhaps we could go for some others to keep him company: Michael Gash, Chiqui Arce, André Muff, Ralf Minge, Rod Fanni, Lars Bender, Alphonse Areola, and of course Stefan Kuntz

...and bring this high quality 'keeper out of retirement:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quim_(footballer,_born_1975)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 16:14 - Aug 16 with 3581 viewskensalriser

Where do we recommend for his QPR tat? His arms appear to be full.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:20 - Aug 16 with 3543 viewsdanehoop

He's not in the Livingston squad today, and Livingstone aren't commenting, but even the BBC are reporting that it is because he is close to completing a deal to join us.

"'So close to a life-changing move'
Livingston v Rangers (15;00)

Richard Foster

Partick Thistle defender on BBC Radio Scotland

Quote Message: It's the injury issue. You could be close to a life changing move. You could be one injury from that falling apart. I imagine subconsciously Lyndon Dykes wasn't playing at 100% and Livingston need that
It's the injury issue. You could be close to a life changing move. You could be one injury from that falling apart. I imagine subconsciously Lyndon Dykes wasn't playing at 100% and Livingston need that"
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:22]

Never knowingly understood

Lyndon Dykes on 16:27 - Aug 16 with 3485 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 16:20 - Aug 16 by danehoop

He's not in the Livingston squad today, and Livingstone aren't commenting, but even the BBC are reporting that it is because he is close to completing a deal to join us.

"'So close to a life-changing move'
Livingston v Rangers (15;00)

Richard Foster

Partick Thistle defender on BBC Radio Scotland

Quote Message: It's the injury issue. You could be close to a life changing move. You could be one injury from that falling apart. I imagine subconsciously Lyndon Dykes wasn't playing at 100% and Livingston need that
It's the injury issue. You could be close to a life changing move. You could be one injury from that falling apart. I imagine subconsciously Lyndon Dykes wasn't playing at 100% and Livingston need that"
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:22]

He was certainly poor against Hibs and not so 'competitive' as normal. Livingston have been similarly below par although apparently improved last game v Motherwell so can't read too much into it as such.
He's been talked about for a while now so will definitely be playing on his mind I would say
Lyndon Dykes on 16:38 - Aug 16 with 3423 viewsGloucs_R

Twitter going into melt down..... Not good enough for us, over priced.... Most had never heard of him until 3 hours ago

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lyndon Dykes on 16:44 - Aug 16 with 3386 viewsHAYESBOY

I saw Lyndon Dykes play against Rangers and he terrorised their defenders. If I am a Rangers defender looking at the team sheet, I would be expecting an easier afternoon

This from Graig Levin on BBC.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Lyndon Dykes on 16:55 - Aug 16 with 3319 viewsLongsufferingR

FWIW
Lyndon Dykes on 17:11 - Aug 16 with 3227 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 16:38 - Aug 16 by Gloucs_R

Twitter going into melt down..... Not good enough for us, over priced.... Most had never heard of him until 3 hours ago

QPR Twitter was always a fcking cesspool but my God it’s bad atm.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:16 - Aug 16 with 3190 viewsMatch82

Lyndon Dykes on 17:11 - Aug 16 by Northernr

QPR Twitter was always a fcking cesspool but my God it’s bad atm.

Having a strong opinion you can express in 120 characters is far more important than having a nuanced and thought through opinion.

Current political climate had just exacerbated that (regardless of which way people lean) and that's spilled over into all facets of life. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Still, that's two strikers we have had bids accepted for (allegedly). That's a step up on last year at least. Let's get this one over the line.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 3105 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Maybe Livingston will also sell us the ability to build up an auction for one of their in-demand players. Seems like they've done a pretty good job between us, Barnsley and Boro.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 3053 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 17:16 - Aug 16 by Match82

Having a strong opinion you can express in 120 characters is far more important than having a nuanced and thought through opinion.

Current political climate had just exacerbated that (regardless of which way people lean) and that's spilled over into all facets of life. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Still, that's two strikers we have had bids accepted for (allegedly). That's a step up on last year at least. Let's get this one over the line.

A lot of the same accounts saying that £2m for Dykes is ridiculous, rip off, joke are the same people saying refusing to pay £1m for a League 2 centre half with known knee issues is a depressing lack of ambition.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 2958 viewsVancouverHoop

Another comment from a Scottish football watcher who's familiar with his game:

"Dykes is a good target man and bit of a workhorse. He certainly runs the Old Firm ragged whenever he comes up against them.

This is quite a step-up for him here but I’m confident he’s got enough in his game to make a success of the move."
Lyndon Dykes on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 2874 viewsBoston

Just don't offer him digs at your house...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2375272/queen-of-the-south-baby-jim-thomso

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 18:01 - Aug 16 with 2853 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 17:56 - Aug 16 by Boston

Just don't offer him digs at your house...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2375272/queen-of-the-south-baby-jim-thomso

Mr Spackman is already aware of this and is not offering his spare bedroom
Lyndon Dykes on 18:23 - Aug 16 with 2694 viewsGloucs_R

A look at Livingston FC, forward, Lyndon Dykes. The Gold Coast born target man is reportedly subject to a £1m offer from @SkyBetChamp club #barnsleyfc He’s also been mooted as potential replacement for Morelos should the Colombian depart #RangersFC #PNE also a rumoured suitor….

[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 18:24]

Lyndon Dykes on 18:32 - Aug 16 with 2639 viewsrsonist

Lyndon Dykes on 16:02 - Aug 16 by aston_hoop

One of the few ITK guys

Seeking assurances about the squad before he signs. He's seen Chair and Smyth and wants us to throw another shrimp on the Barbet...
Lyndon Dykes on 18:37 - Aug 16 with 2592 viewsrls___

Livingston have just confirmed a bid has been accepted from a Championship club

Lyndon Dykes on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 2505 viewsGloucs_R

Signing him gives us leverage selling Eze, no longer desperate for a striker....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024