Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals 17:40 - Aug 16 with 961 viewswessex_exile

The semi-final line-up for the Champions League is as follows:
18th August 2020: RB Leipzig v PSG (Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica)
19th August 2020: Lyon v Bayern Munich (Estádio José Alvalade)

As with the quarter-finals, these will be one-off head-to-head matches, not played over two legs. Both will kick-off at 8pm, and as with the quarter-finals, both will be played at neutral venues in Lisbon.

The U'sual Champions League qualifiers have been drawn from a hat (you'll have to trust me on this one, there wasn't time to do it any other way), as follows:
thrillseeker v Lewis_1
blueeagle v noah4x4

With so few points available, in addition to score predictions, please continue with predicting two goal-scorers as well. Three points for a spot-on prediction, one point for the correct outcome, and one point for each goal scored (including own goals) by either of your nominated goal-scorers. Score predictions will be for the end of normal time, extra-time and/or penalties will not count. If competitors can't be separated by number of spot-ons, for a tie-break please also predict the minute of the first substitution in the Lyon v Bayern Munich match. As before, half-time subs are 46th minute, injury-time substitutions will be either 45 or 90 minutes. If there are no substitutions at all, closest to zero will win.

As has always been the case at this stage in the competition, none of your predictions (score, goal-scorers or tie-break) can match your opponents.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 18:37 - Aug 16 with 952 viewsblueeagle

R B Leipzig 1-3 PSG
Mbappe, Neymar

Lyon 0-2 Bayern Munich
Lewandowski, Muller
Sub 46 mins
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 948 viewsthrillseeker

RB Leipzig v PSG 1-2
Poulsen Icardi

Lyon v Bayern Munich 0-3
Lewandowski Gnabry
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 18:52 - Aug 16 with 947 viewsthrillseeker

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 18:51 - Aug 16 by thrillseeker

RB Leipzig v PSG 1-2
Poulsen Icardi

Lyon v Bayern Munich 0-3
Lewandowski Gnabry

Woops I forgot sub time

59 mins
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 946 viewswessex_exile

Cheers blueeagle and thrillseeker, all good.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 941 viewsLewis_1

18th August 2020: RB Leipzig v PSG 0-2 Sabitzer Neymar
19th August 2020: Lyon v Bayern Munich 1-3 Dembele Kimmich

First sub 67 please
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 19:57]
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 20:55 - Aug 16 with 920 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 19:44 - Aug 16 by Lewis_1

18th August 2020: RB Leipzig v PSG 0-2 Sabitzer Neymar
19th August 2020: Lyon v Bayern Munich 1-3 Dembele Kimmich

First sub 67 please
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 19:57]

All good Lewis, just Noah to go.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 22:06 - Aug 17 with 874 viewsnoah4x4

BlueEagle has the advantage here. I would have selected similar predictions, but too late. Need radical tactics...

I have predicted perhaps one draw all season, so for the hell of it, let's go both games 2 - 2 at 90 minutes.

Nkunku & Icardi

Coutino & Gnabry

38 minute
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 00:33 - Aug 18 with 862 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 22:06 - Aug 17 by noah4x4

BlueEagle has the advantage here. I would have selected similar predictions, but too late. Need radical tactics...

I have predicted perhaps one draw all season, so for the hell of it, let's go both games 2 - 2 at 90 minutes.

Nkunku & Icardi

Coutino & Gnabry

38 minute

Cheers Noah - haven’t yet had the chance to put these in the database, but clearly they’re okay - game on folks.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 11:39 - Aug 18 with 849 viewswessex_exile

Just a quick reminder of all predictions ahead of the first semi-final tonight.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 06:36 - Aug 19 with 832 viewsnoah4x4

Despite PSG being the nap (and I couldn't pick it, too late to post) I still feel in touch after last night's result where despite three goals nobody could pick the score or strikers.

Tony Humes tactics come to mind as he, McGreal and now Ball are clueless in attack. . I've gone the John Ward route. Even his name spelt backwards reads Draw, but at least with goals. 240 minutes of pre-season. Will the U's ever score?
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 07:02 - Aug 19 with 828 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 06:36 - Aug 19 by noah4x4

Despite PSG being the nap (and I couldn't pick it, too late to post) I still feel in touch after last night's result where despite three goals nobody could pick the score or strikers.

Tony Humes tactics come to mind as he, McGreal and now Ball are clueless in attack. . I've gone the John Ward route. Even his name spelt backwards reads Draw, but at least with goals. 240 minutes of pre-season. Will the U's ever score?

Indeed, another blank all round for goal-scorers, but still very tight. I’m out today visiting family in Colchester, so full round-up tonight once the semis are finished.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 20:45 - Aug 19 with 801 viewsnoah4x4

0 - 2 on 33 minutes, two goals to Gnabry.

So it's currently BlueEagle 4 - 2 Noah.

Lyon or Bayern (again) to score makes it 2 - 2 provided not Lewandowski or Muller.

But if Gnabry nabs a hat trick it will be 2 - 3.

But if Lewandowski or Muller score, Noah is on the rack.

Need Lewandowski carried off in 38 minute and replaced by Coutino

Incredibly tense.........
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 20:50]
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 22:09 - Aug 19 with 788 viewsnoah4x4

Congratulations BlueEagle.

Lewandowski has tipped it in your favour, 3 -2.

Any goalscorer other than him or Muller would have made it 2-2, but then you had the tie-break advantage over HT substitutions. A Gnabry hat trick would have suited me, but otherwise it was a tall order.

No sour grapes, but first to post when PSG and Bayern were such odds on was a huge advantage. Similarly first mover advantage nabbing 46 minute for substitutions. But fairs fair. I was slow off the blocks. Thanks Wessex for your fine management.
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 23:02 - Aug 19 with 784 viewswessex_exile

Apologies folks, it's been a very long day and an extremely long drive to Essex and back, but I'm here now. Thanks Noah for providing the updates in my absence, and for the kind words too.

So, tonight's second semi-final finishes Lyon 0 Bayern Munich 3, with a brace from Gnabry and a late third from Lewandowski. As a result, the U'sual Champions League semi-finals have finished as follows:

In the first semi-final, Lewis_1 picked up his second correct outcome for the round, but he simply couldn't compete with thrillseeker, who followed up PSG's away win yesterday with a full-house tonight - spot-on result and one point for every goal scored - he would have even won the tie-break if it had been needed. Not much anyone could have done against that form, so congratulations to finalist thrillseeker, and commiserations to Lewis_1 for a brave effort.

In the second semi-final, noah4x4 recovered very well from a no-score in the first match, to gain two points courtesy of Gnabry's goals. If Gnabry had indeed scored a hat-trick, or even if Coutino's disallowed goal had stood, the result might have been different. However, credit to blueeagle, who followed up with his second outcome result, and of course that late goal from Lewandowski (even if it did cost him a spot-on result in the process) to finish top on 3pts.

Thrillseeker and blueeagle therefore progress to the final, whilst Lewis_1 and noah4x4 will contest the 3rd/4th place play-off.

I will start another thread tomorrow with prediction requirements, so do please curb your enthusiasm until then - right now I'm knackered and need to go to bed.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 23:17 - Aug 19 with 779 viewsnoah4x4

I drove 400 miles to Stoke and back today before taking my place in the dug out.
U'sual Champions League 2020 - Semi-finals on 23:50 - Aug 19 with 771 viewsblueeagle

Glad I posted early, I can't believe I'm in my second final this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024