Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A striker to call our own - Signing 14:01 - Aug 19 with 6804 viewsNorthernr

A striker to call our own - Signing 19th Aug 2020 14:00
QPR have completed the permanent signing of a real live striker, 24-year-old Lyndon Dykes from SPL outfit Livingston. 9

A striker to call our own - Signing on 14:05 - Aug 19 with 5033 viewstimcocking

Yee ha! Exciting stuff real live transfers again.

Don't know him and was a little concerned when somebody said he's not the greatest with the ball at his feet (or words to that effect), but hope springs eternal.

Good luck Lyndon!
A striker to call our own - Signing on 14:12 - Aug 19 with 4966 viewsLblock

Welcome and good luck....... hope he discovers his Surfers Paradise Apollo form at this level.

This evening whilst Eating Out to Help Out I shall be 4 bottles of Cobra in and start to dream of Dykes...... and Hugill.... both up front and scaring the bee-jesus out of the EFL defenders.

Come on Jordan.... sod the inbreds mate, we love you here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A striker to call our own - Signing on 14:30 - Aug 19 with 4811 viewsTonto

Wears gloves when it's cold. Thwre is a dreadful signing and we should sack Hoos and Evil Les immediately
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 15:57]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A striker to call our own - Signing on 14:41 - Aug 19 with 4698 viewsHarbour

Welcome and good luck Lyndon. Let’s hope he is more Austin than Washington. Let’s give him a bit of time to settle in.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 14:43 - Aug 19 with 4687 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A striker to call our own - Signing (n/t) on 14:44 - Aug 19 with 4682 viewsbosh67

Let's hope he can settle and do the business here. Also hope we can find one other to go alongside him.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 14:45]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:06 - Aug 19 with 4527 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Credit to Mick Jones and Joe Strummer for the tune
A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:14 - Aug 19 with 4461 viewsBoston

Rooting for the man.

If he’s a dud do we rename him Lyingdown?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 15:15]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:20 - Aug 19 with 4443 viewsqprd

If Ivan Toney is honestly being quoted at 6m+, then I don’t think we’ll be competing much in this market

qpr really should consider just stockpiling as many striker Academy cast offs as possible, develop them in our academy and hope one eventually pans out....someone like an Oteh but hopefully with better results
A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 4235 viewsTonto

the Chris Ramsay article in West Londkn Dport suggests this isn't the direction we are going in...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A striker to call our own - Signing on 16:53 - Aug 19 with 3978 viewsMytch_QPR

A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:57 - Aug 19 by Tonto

the Chris Ramsay article in West Londkn Dport suggests this isn't the direction we are going in...

Welcome Lyndon.
Let's hope he's a dam fine signing and the goals come flooding in.

... gets coat....

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

A striker to call our own - Signing on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 3818 viewsHanwellHoopster

Must confess to being nervous about this one, partly because of the fee, partly because I think very little of Scottish football...

..but Antti's thread showed just how little those perceptions mean until he puts on the shirt and starts playing. So fully behind him and will be cheering him on, willing him to make me look like a muppet, a la Clint, Derry et al.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 3752 viewsDorse

Is he better than what we have? Looks likely.

Quite excited about having an actual live striker. Looking forward to seeing him play. He looks like the right sort.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

A striker to call our own - Signing on 18:02 - Aug 19 with 3717 viewsBoston

C’mon Lyndon, remember Bannockburn!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A striker to call our own - Signing on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 3647 viewsessextaxiboy

I hope he is a storming success and makes us a chunk of cash in a couple of years.

I just have Nick Ward in my head .
A striker to call our own - Signing on 19:26 - Aug 19 with 3430 viewskarl

Bl00dy hell, quoted on this one has put the pressure on!
Lyndon better do the biz haha!

Interestingly that is now 6 players MW could start the next game with who have experienced Scottish football.
Kelly, Kakay, Ball, Wallace, Haameleinan and now Dykes. Tellingly not high on wow factor but all hard workers and good attitude?
Get the flair in among grafters and its a good mix.

Edit. 7 forgot about Dieng. Perhaps if they borrowed one of Crouchys old shirts and sat him on Kelly's shoulders we'd get the big keeper needed to defend corners
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 19:51]
A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:07 - Aug 19 with 3310 viewsBklynRanger

A striker to call our own - Signing on 15:14 - Aug 19 by Boston

Rooting for the man.

If he’s a dud do we rename him Lyingdown?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 15:15]

I like that. Might yell 'LYING DOWN WITH DYKES' to give it the angry sex angle.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:20 - Aug 19 with 3275 viewsDannyPaddox

Like a centre-forward’s elbow it’s just struck me,
who or what, based on his style of play, we’d all love Dykes to become. The new Mitrovic. Might as well think big.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:40 - Aug 19 with 3217 viewsBklynRanger

A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:20 - Aug 19 by DannyPaddox

Like a centre-forward’s elbow it’s just struck me,
who or what, based on his style of play, we’d all love Dykes to become. The new Mitrovic. Might as well think big.

Mitro is a classic Champ-and-a-half player though imho - bosses the Championship but mediocre in the one above.

I'd rather hope that Dyke-Man can go further. He's got a bizarre sort of athleticism about him, like an Australian Heskey.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 3181 viewsenfieldargh

So whats his nickname going to be

Should it be Les?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 3178 viewsrsonist

A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:40 - Aug 19 by BklynRanger

Mitro is a classic Champ-and-a-half player though imho - bosses the Championship but mediocre in the one above.

I'd rather hope that Dyke-Man can go further. He's got a bizarre sort of athleticism about him, like an Australian Heskey.

Heskey actually came up by way of comparison a few times when I was reading Wigan forums about Moore. There's no question that mobility was just as important to us as physical presence on our wishlist.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:52 - Aug 19 with 3174 viewsrsonist

A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:48 - Aug 19 by enfieldargh

Should it be Les?

Barry.
A striker to call our own - Signing on 21:01 - Aug 19 with 3154 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A striker to call our own - Signing on 20:48 - Aug 19 by enfieldargh

Should it be Les?

Les?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A striker to call our own - Signing on 21:16 - Aug 19 with 3103 viewskarl

Worryingly among all the punfest available WokingR is noticeably missing, is he all Dyked out?
A striker to call our own - Signing on 21:18 - Aug 19 with 3094 viewsBklynRanger

A striker to call our own - Signing on 21:16 - Aug 19 by karl

Worryingly among all the punfest available WokingR is noticeably missing, is he all Dyked out?

Storing it up mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024