Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable Jeff 08:58 - Aug 27 with 11523 viewsstevec

They’ve sacked LeTiss, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson from Jeff Stellings Soccer Saturday, possibly one of the few things worth watching when Rangers are North of Watford.

No idea who their replacements are but whilst I enjoy Clinton Morrison’s delusions of grandeur I suspect we’ll be subjected to a succession of bland compromised replacements.

If they take midweek red button away games off us next season I may be forced to cancel.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:01 - Aug 27 with 4419 viewsrsonist

Armagammon.

How did Merse manage to escape is what I'm wondering.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:06 - Aug 27 with 4367 viewsLblock

The new line up is rumoured to be Alex Scott, Clinton Man Dem Morrison, Clare Balding and Gavin Ramjaun

It's about time really especially if Sky wishes to be considered a proper modern day employer.
Jeff can consider himself really lucky that at 4 foot 8 inches he can claim dwarfism.

It is a Saturday afternoon staple and I will still really look forward to them whizzing round the grounds and Bianca Gasgoine giving her summary of Rotherham v Cue Pea Arggghh and "back to you Alex in the studio... lovin' your hair today by the way girlfriend"

Progress

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:06 - Aug 27 with 4366 viewsEsox_Lucius

Alex Scott will be a good replacement, very knowledgeable and speaks in a normal tone.

The grass is always greener.

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:13 - Aug 27 with 4316 viewsMick_S

Not many pundits around that are named after two shops.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:18 - Aug 27 with 4270 viewsstevec

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:06 - Aug 27 by Esox_Lucius

Alex Scott will be a good replacement, very knowledgeable and speaks in a normal tone.

But very boring
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:24 - Aug 27 with 4226 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Thompson and Nicholas were utterly boring and completely useless. Le Tissier slightly better but not much.

If this is definitely true, I might start watching that programme again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 4208 viewsrsonist

If someone wanted to have a pop about say the BBC's sports product being slowly replaced with bantz and tekkers and manufactured rows and slimy little yoof media weasels I'd be right there with them.

Soccer Saturday though you're just switching one load of inane clueless matey bllx for another. Releasing Le Tiss and his lot back to their natural habitat of p1ssing themselves in Wetherspoons at 11am is no loss whatsoever.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 4201 viewsted_hendrix

I've managed without Sky for Years and this 'news' wont change a thing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 4195 viewsNorthernr

Show needed freshening up. Four old soaks trotting out the same tired opinions, seeing who can shout CHANCE GOOOOOOOOAL over each other's updates, Kamara starting every sentence with 'unbelievable Jeff', and the oh so hilarious comedy tropes of Merson still eating a sandwich as we come back from the break and not being able to pronounce any of the funny foreign names. Stelling's still brilliant but the others are well past their sell by date.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:32 - Aug 27 with 4175 viewsrsonist

Mastermind Merse played a blinder "opening up about his mental health issues", I'm pretty sure at this point.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:40 - Aug 27 with 4117 viewsPhildo

they were also pretty poor pundits - Thompson in particular. It has been refreshed before so certain mouth breathers on twitter seizing on this as part of the culture wars.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:40 - Aug 27 with 4119 viewsblacky200

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:32 - Aug 27 by rsonist

Mastermind Merse played a blinder "opening up about his mental health issues", I'm pretty sure at this point.

He sure did. Stelling is good for the role but the rest meh. Whoever they bring in can't be worse than the old boys club.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:41 - Aug 27 with 4114 viewsNorthernr

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:32 - Aug 27 by rsonist

Le Tiss, meanwhile, maybe not so shrewd in embarking on a public descent down the Fox News rabbithole.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:46 - Aug 27 with 4079 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of the commentary on Social Media is disgusting.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:51 - Aug 27 with 4045 viewsPhildo

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:41 - Aug 27 by Northernr

Le Tiss, meanwhile, maybe not so shrewd in embarking on a public descent down the Fox News rabbithole.

Good news for him really as the 5g microwaves round the sky studio probably would have given him corona or something.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:51 - Aug 27 with 4043 viewsdaveB

the show needs a changes, they did similar back in the 90's when Marsh, Best, Mclintock and Mullery used to do the show, it's felt like it needed a change for a while.

The reaction on social media has been as depressing, this whole black lives matter thing has certainly brought out the racist in a lot of a people
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 9:51]
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:56 - Aug 27 with 4001 viewsdistortR

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:46 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some of the commentary on Social Media is disgusting.

this site is the closest i get to 'social media', and from reading what you lot say, i think i'll keep it that way.

Out of interest, why do you lot use it, beyond talking to mates? This isn't one-up-manship, it's bypassed me.

I can also cross the road and be aware of what is happening around me (Albeit, living in the IOM the answer to that is 'not a lot').
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:58 - Aug 27 with 3989 viewsNorthernr

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:56 - Aug 27 by distortR

this site is the closest i get to 'social media', and from reading what you lot say, i think i'll keep it that way.

Out of interest, why do you lot use it, beyond talking to mates? This isn't one-up-manship, it's bypassed me.

I can also cross the road and be aware of what is happening around me (Albeit, living in the IOM the answer to that is 'not a lot').

Drives traffic back here. Otherwise I wouldn't have it. It's vile.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:58 - Aug 27 with 3987 viewsMick_S

Me too. Don't touch it other than on here.

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:58 - Aug 27 with 3979 viewsMick_S

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:59 - Aug 27 with 3974 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is need it for work, but otherwise it’s a good source of alternative news. Unlike here I don’t contribute anymore, just observe.
Unbelievable Jeff on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 3916 viewsdistortR

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:59 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is need it for work, but otherwise it’s a good source of alternative news. Unlike here I don’t contribute anymore, just observe.

yeah, I get why you and Northern would use it.

Alternative news sites - I've been at a bit of a loss since Truthdig went on hiatus. I like reading Chris Hedge's stuff, I suppose if i used social media I could keep up to date with what he's saying. But it seem's like a slippery slope! TBH i know myself, my failings and weaknesses and wouldn't trust myself not to become another social media addict.

Feel free to pm me any interesting non-interactive decent news sites, though!
Unbelievable Jeff on 10:14 - Aug 27 with 3875 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phil Thompson last kicked a ball in 1986. 34 years ago. That doesn't in itself make him a bad pundit or out of date (though he is both).

But it's the equivalent of a 10-yr old Brian putting on the telly in 1980 and being lectured to by Dennis Compton, who retired in 1946.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Unbelievable Jeff on 10:15 - Aug 27 with 3864 viewshantssi

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:58 - Aug 27 by Mick_S

Me too, apart from this site I’m off the grid.
Not interested at all, if anyone wants to get in touch they can always pick up the phone, as for old school friends there’s a reason I don’t keep in touch!
Unbelievable Jeff on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 3841 viewsted_hendrix

Unbelievable Jeff on 09:58 - Aug 27 by Mick_S

Same here.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024