Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket renewals. 21:51 - Sep 2 with 26041 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was chatting on the phone tonight with Dave Thomas and we spent a long time discussing what lay ahead for us both. We are both now in the seniors category so and fans likely to be allowed back in the ground wouldn't include us, and most of the friends we have both made in many, many years whilst we have been going to W12 and around the country.
This would mean the end of our regular seats in the Upper Loft through no fault of our own and the thought of buying a season ticket whilst not being allowed in the stadium doesn't sound in the least bit attractive on a fixed income. Sitting in a stadium with just a few thousand fans who are not allowed to sing or cheer doesn't set the body tingling either and the whole issue of entry and egress, coupled with toilet breaks means it is going to be fairly unworkable.
Having had a lifelong viewpoint of don't just keep coming up with problems, come up with solutions I had a think. Foremost in my thinking is...
*The club need money to survive and season tickets form an integral part of that each season.
*I don't want to pay for something I am not going to be able to use for the foreseeable future.
*I don't want to give up my seat in the Upper Loft.
* I am not interested in swapping out my matchday ticket for a stream.
What I came up with was to permit the club to take out the direct debit as normal once they are ready to do so and offer a number of options as to what fans want to do with that season ticket.
Redeem it with a stream for home and away matches until such a time as fans are allowed back into the stadium in a reduced and managed capacity.
Redeem it with a stream for home and away matches until such a time as fans are allowed back into the stadium in the normal fashion.
Neither of the above but, for the duration of the period before normal service is resumed, each match ticket not used is credited towards the following seasons season ticket on a one for one basis.
This would allow fans who sit together to retain their group of seats and still allow the club to get much needed funding.
Thoughts?

The grass is always greener.

Season Ticket renewals. on 22:16 - Sep 2 with 6790 viewsWokingR

Assuming that numbers allowed to return will be limited the club should allow people the option to reserve their seat for the future.
Many of us don’t want to lose our seats but don’t want to return yet either so this would give the club some income and reduce the number of people they might otherwise think they need to accommodate
Season Ticket renewals. on 22:29 - Sep 2 with 6746 viewsM40R

Not sure about the assumption that seniors would be excluded. The recent Brighton v Arsenal trial seemed to include oldies. I would hope for a smarter exclusion of people?
Season Ticket renewals. on 23:00 - Sep 2 with 6698 viewsstowmarketrange

Seeing as our seats have been removed to allow access for the away players from the blue & white bar,I guess we’ll be moved temporarily.But I don’t fancy traveling down by train and tube yet anyway,so I might have to bite the bullet and drive down if and when we’re allowed back in.
Season Ticket renewals. on 23:04 - Sep 2 with 6682 viewsStanisgod

Don't know where you get the no seniors from, that's up to the individual surely.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season Ticket renewals. on 23:05 - Sep 2 with 6680 viewscolinallcars

I've been umming and arring about what to do about my ST for ages but decided to just go ahead and renew, trusting the club to come up with a fair and equitable system. If that means me watching matches on stream for a while, so be it. We will get through this and will one day be back in our usual seats surrounded by our mates.
Season Ticket renewals. on 23:40 - Sep 2 with 6620 viewsDavieQPR

All they have to do is allocate the seats on a one match basis as they do for away games. When everybody is allowed back in then they can revert to last seasons arrangements. We have about 7000 to 8000 season ticket holders in an 18,000 stadium
Season Ticket renewals. on 23:49 - Sep 2 with 6601 viewsdaveB

hopefully the club can clarify their plans this week but do think it makes sense that if you can't renew for whatever reason in this upcoming very odd season then you should get first choice on your seat the following season when you'd hope things are back to normal. Unless we go mad and get promoted I can't see there being a queue round the block for new season tickets so it shouldn't be a big issue to hold your current seat until we can all come back.
Season Ticket renewals. on 10:02 - Sep 3 with 6323 viewsEsox_Lucius

Season Ticket renewals. on 23:04 - Sep 2 by Stanisgod

Don't know where you get the no seniors from, that's up to the individual surely.

I was positing that they would be amongst the most vulnerable and are most likely to be shielding due to underlying conditions. The club would also have a duty of care not to risk people's lives when allowing them into the stadium. Nothing sinister.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 10:04]

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket renewals. on 10:11 - Sep 3 with 6302 viewsPinnerPaul

As more and more sport is becoming accessible - the Arsenal trial the latest example - the club surely have to come up with something very soon?

Maybe just me, but headlines like 'Get ready for the new season' and 'its only days away' on the offy just add to the frustration about the lack of ANYTHING from the club re season tickets.

They DO know the maximum number of games available for live streaming, they DO know there will be no fans allowed in until 1st October at least, so surely not beyond them to publish something based on a sliding scale of live/on stream matches by now?
Season Ticket renewals. on 10:11 - Sep 3 with 6296 viewstoboboly

Some good ideas there, unfortunately I had to bite the bullet and email the club as there are some health issues in the family.

I asked the club whether my ST could be "furloughed" for the season as it is unlikely I would be able to attend for the foreseeable and didn't want to take a ticket away from someone that did want to attend.

The club were very polite but basically just cancelled my direct debit and said that my seat would now be available to others. What could I do but shrug and say oh well?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Season Ticket renewals. on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 6186 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket renewals. on 10:11 - Sep 3 by toboboly

Some good ideas there, unfortunately I had to bite the bullet and email the club as there are some health issues in the family.

I asked the club whether my ST could be "furloughed" for the season as it is unlikely I would be able to attend for the foreseeable and didn't want to take a ticket away from someone that did want to attend.

The club were very polite but basically just cancelled my direct debit and said that my seat would now be available to others. What could I do but shrug and say oh well?

That's a shame but perfectly understandable, only positive is I doubt there will be a huge rush to nick your seat for this season so you'll hopefully be able to get it back the following season
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:13 - Sep 3 with 6079 viewsWrightUp5hit___

As an over 60 with health issues, I had to think a lot when the club announced the Sky/EFL deal on streaming games.

I had originally decided not to renew as my aforementioned health issues mean that I am unlikely to ever be able to get back to Loftus Road, and the seat in the SAR that I have had for over twenty years.

However when the £10 a game, or free for season ticket holders while CoVid means reduced capacity deal was announced. It was then that I decided to take a gamble.

I renewed on the reckoning that as a vulnerable person, I will get a good few games on stream. When all regs are lifted my mates can enjoy my seat and I'll be back to trying to find a dodgy stream.
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:18 - Sep 3 with 6058 viewstoboboly

Season Ticket renewals. on 12:33 - Sep 3 by daveB

That's a shame but perfectly understandable, only positive is I doubt there will be a huge rush to nick your seat for this season so you'll hopefully be able to get it back the following season

Fingers crossed. Just a shame the club couldn't be putting out more comms regarding ST's over the last few weeks/months. I know it is a difficult time to confirm details but just some general details would have been good.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:24 - Sep 3 with 6046 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not an STer myself merely a member, got me thinking not seen much on that but for the foreseeable not really an issue as I only buy with ticvket options in the mind.

I guess the club feel in a no win and also I wonder how many they need to make it worth their while opening the ground if social distancing carries on forever.

I can see it now.

Tube, trains offices are fine - outbreak at Loftus Road.

We will get deducted points 2 trillion fine for QPR.

And FAW give Swansea at Cardiff 20 points each.
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:27 - Sep 3 with 6030 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:18 - Sep 3 by toboboly

Fingers crossed. Just a shame the club couldn't be putting out more comms regarding ST's over the last few weeks/months. I know it is a difficult time to confirm details but just some general details would have been good.

yeah think it's been hard for them to say anything as things change so quickly but they should have said something by now to give fans a clue what they are buying
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:30 - Sep 3 with 6018 viewsEsox_Lucius

To those who have had some communication from the club; is the offer to redeem your seat as a season ticket holder for a free stream only for home games? or does it include all the away games and cup games too? I ask because if it is home league games only it would cost a senior Gold season ticket holder over £15 a game.

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:34 - Sep 3 with 5997 viewsTGRRRSSS

Work collegue is a Wycombe fan and STer.
He's renewed and said WW will refund on a match by match basis the games you cannot go into due to being BCDs.

However if limited numbers are allowed in... what then and how it's allocated not sure.
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 5983 viewsslmrstid

There's been much talk up here recently of Leicester City's plans for allocating tickets in the reduced capacity era. They released their full plans a couple of weeks ago which you can read here if anyone is interested - https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated---202021-season-season-tickets-members

It all sounds an absolute nightmare and they've got a stadium nearly double the size of ours, and much better access in/out through all turnstiles and gates!

Here's the bit that relates to Season Ticket holders...I wonder if QPR will be doing similar...?

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BALLOT

For Premier League matches played at King Power Stadium with reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will be allocated 90 per cent of the General Admission tickets available. The other 10 per cent will be made available to Members.

Season Ticket Holders who have paid their initial payment will be invited to enter the Season Ticket Holder ballot for each game for which capacity is reduced. Successful applicants for the ballot in respect of any game will be invited to select and purchase a matchday ticket for the applicable fixture from a seating plan highlighting available seats throughout the stadium. Successful applicants will be unable to enter future ballots for subsequent fixtures until the beginning of the ballot 'cycle' for the next group of matches.

The frequency with which a Season Ticket Holder will qualify to enter a ballot will depend on a number of factors still to be confirmed, including:

The number of 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process
The number of our Premier League home games operating under reduced capacity
The permitted capacity for each of those Premier League home games
The Club will provide further clarity on the ballot process as soon as more information is available. Fair and equitable access to tickets for all 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders and Members participating in the ballot will remain our priority.

Season Ticket Holders may choose those individual matches for which they wish to enter the ballot, but will be best placed to see the greatest possible number of matches if they enter all ballots for which they qualify. Season Ticket Holders that are more selective about the matches for which they apply run a higher risk of seeing fewer games while the stadium is operating at reduced capacity.

In order to ensure that as many supporters as possible can be admitted for each game under reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will NOT be guaranteed access to their normal seat during this time.

Group ballot applications will be accepted (up to a maximum of six), provided that the initial payment has been paid in respect of each such ticket. The ballot system will be programmed to select the optimal combination of group and individual entries to ensure stadium configuration maximises the number of tickets available. If a group ballot entry is successful, all Season Ticket Holders in that group will be deemed to have been successful and, the applicant will only be able to select a group of seats equal to the number in their application. Applicants will be asked to confirm at the point of purchase that their group complies with government guidelines relative to social distancing.

Season Ticket Holders in groups of more than six should contact ticketsinfo@lcfc.co.uk or call 0344 815 5000 (Option 1).

Each Season Ticket Holder ballot will take place approximately three weeks before the match to which it applies. Specific dates for Season Ticket Holder ballots will be released in due course. Successful applicants will be notified that they have secured the right to purchase tickets for the relevant match, in advance of sales commencing.

More information on ballots can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions document at www.lcfc.com/reducedcapacityfaqs. Confirmed ballot dates will be released in due course.

*All fixtures are subject to change and ballot dates will reflect any such changes.
Season Ticket renewals. on 13:58 - Sep 3 with 5933 viewsstowmarketrange

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:39 - Sep 3 by slmrstid

There's been much talk up here recently of Leicester City's plans for allocating tickets in the reduced capacity era. They released their full plans a couple of weeks ago which you can read here if anyone is interested - https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated---202021-season-season-tickets-members

It all sounds an absolute nightmare and they've got a stadium nearly double the size of ours, and much better access in/out through all turnstiles and gates!

Here's the bit that relates to Season Ticket holders...I wonder if QPR will be doing similar...?

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BALLOT

For Premier League matches played at King Power Stadium with reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will be allocated 90 per cent of the General Admission tickets available. The other 10 per cent will be made available to Members.

Season Ticket Holders who have paid their initial payment will be invited to enter the Season Ticket Holder ballot for each game for which capacity is reduced. Successful applicants for the ballot in respect of any game will be invited to select and purchase a matchday ticket for the applicable fixture from a seating plan highlighting available seats throughout the stadium. Successful applicants will be unable to enter future ballots for subsequent fixtures until the beginning of the ballot 'cycle' for the next group of matches.

The frequency with which a Season Ticket Holder will qualify to enter a ballot will depend on a number of factors still to be confirmed, including:

The number of 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process
The number of our Premier League home games operating under reduced capacity
The permitted capacity for each of those Premier League home games
The Club will provide further clarity on the ballot process as soon as more information is available. Fair and equitable access to tickets for all 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders and Members participating in the ballot will remain our priority.

Season Ticket Holders may choose those individual matches for which they wish to enter the ballot, but will be best placed to see the greatest possible number of matches if they enter all ballots for which they qualify. Season Ticket Holders that are more selective about the matches for which they apply run a higher risk of seeing fewer games while the stadium is operating at reduced capacity.

In order to ensure that as many supporters as possible can be admitted for each game under reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will NOT be guaranteed access to their normal seat during this time.

Group ballot applications will be accepted (up to a maximum of six), provided that the initial payment has been paid in respect of each such ticket. The ballot system will be programmed to select the optimal combination of group and individual entries to ensure stadium configuration maximises the number of tickets available. If a group ballot entry is successful, all Season Ticket Holders in that group will be deemed to have been successful and, the applicant will only be able to select a group of seats equal to the number in their application. Applicants will be asked to confirm at the point of purchase that their group complies with government guidelines relative to social distancing.

Season Ticket Holders in groups of more than six should contact ticketsinfo@lcfc.co.uk or call 0344 815 5000 (Option 1).

Each Season Ticket Holder ballot will take place approximately three weeks before the match to which it applies. Specific dates for Season Ticket Holder ballots will be released in due course. Successful applicants will be notified that they have secured the right to purchase tickets for the relevant match, in advance of sales commencing.

More information on ballots can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions document at www.lcfc.com/reducedcapacityfaqs. Confirmed ballot dates will be released in due course.

*All fixtures are subject to change and ballot dates will reflect any such changes.

Clear as mud then.Judging by the amount of posts on here from fans when a big game comes about not getting tickets,this could run and run.
They won’t be able to come up with a perfect system,but there are worse things in life than not being able to see Qpr v Middlesbrough live in the ground.
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:06 - Sep 3 with 5902 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:58 - Sep 3 by stowmarketrange

Clear as mud then.Judging by the amount of posts on here from fans when a big game comes about not getting tickets,this could run and run.
They won’t be able to come up with a perfect system,but there are worse things in life than not being able to see Qpr v Middlesbrough live in the ground.

Lot worse things in life than losing two games in a row, but doesn't stop, nor should it, people posting on here!

Football doesn't 'matter' in that sense, so you could put your last sentence on every QPR related thread on here!
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 5841 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:30 - Sep 3 by Esox_Lucius

To those who have had some communication from the club; is the offer to redeem your seat as a season ticket holder for a free stream only for home games? or does it include all the away games and cup games too? I ask because if it is home league games only it would cost a senior Gold season ticket holder over £15 a game.

some info on Stream here https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/whats-on-qpr-plus-in-september-2020/

From what I gather season ticket holders get free streams for all home games and all midweek away games. You have to pay for Saturday 3pm away games and cup games.

Also any games on Sky are not available to stream
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:35 - Sep 3 with 5822 viewsRog

I suspect things are still relatively quiet on what will happen as they haven't got info from the test events applied yet. Today the EFL announced two test events with fans at Cambridge next week, I'd guess that will drive the advice the EFL give to the rest of the league and will inform how many can attend and how to deal with the arrival/departure of fans.

Once they have that then the clubs can decide how to deal with ticketing for the first games we can go to. As that is not until October at the earliest the first match it apples to for us is not until Preston on 21st Oct. Maybe the club feel they can wait and see what some of the other teams do before deciding?
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:37 - Sep 3 with 5810 viewsLythamR

Season Ticket renewals. on 13:58 - Sep 3 by stowmarketrange

There are worse things for sure

one of them is not having any sort of clue as to what the club are planning, the communication has been poor, there is no getting around that its simply a fact.
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:44 - Sep 3 with 5784 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket renewals. on 14:35 - Sep 3 by Rog

I suspect things are still relatively quiet on what will happen as they haven't got info from the test events applied yet. Today the EFL announced two test events with fans at Cambridge next week, I'd guess that will drive the advice the EFL give to the rest of the league and will inform how many can attend and how to deal with the arrival/departure of fans.

Once they have that then the clubs can decide how to deal with ticketing for the first games we can go to. As that is not until October at the earliest the first match it apples to for us is not until Preston on 21st Oct. Maybe the club feel they can wait and see what some of the other teams do before deciding?

Don't think so, as the offy said STs had to sign up to the stream option before 4th October!
Season Ticket renewals. on 14:46 - Sep 3 with 5777 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket renewals. on 14:37 - Sep 3 by LythamR

There are worse things for sure

one of them is not having any sort of clue as to what the club are planning, the communication has been poor, there is no getting around that its simply a fact.

Yep spot on.

Club said on 26th August that what the club were doing re season tickets would be issued 'shortly' - 8 days and counting isn't 'shortly'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024