Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 15:10 - Sep 5 with 2951 viewsdublinr

Is anyone any closer to knowing what Amos does/is supposed to do after today? Genuine question. I didn't watch the game. But I'm struggling to imagine how we might fit Carroll and amos (alongside chair) into the same midfield.

Amos on 15:20 - Sep 5 with 2892 viewsMatch82

I'd imagine the idea is that Ball is the holding midfielder and Carroll and Amos push forward a little more. But that does mean sticking Chair out on the wing. My preference would be two from Carroll/Chair/Amos each week with Ball behind them and a genuine winger out left.
Amos on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2873 viewsfrancisbowles

Amos wasn't too bad, moved the ball quickly and played in the front two/three of midfield.

Carroll played in the defensive two and played very well. We lost something when he went off. His passing was excellent and he was competitive and spoken to by the ref, for repeat fouling.
Amos on 15:24 - Sep 5 with 2861 viewsbosh67

I'd like to think that Amos will improve as the season goes on. At the moment I can't decide if he is a defensive midfielder who can't defend or a forward running midfielder who has any vision. He reminds me a bit of Leigertwood but not at the moment, as good and Leigertwood wasn't that great and I never really understood what his best position was either.

But, let's give the kid a chance... And then obviously take him apart!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amos on 15:35 - Sep 5 with 2794 viewsdublinr

Not having a go, genuinely puzzled. I thought he was a defensive midfielder. Is he actually an attacking mid?

The leigertwood reference is spot on. I always thought he looked like an attacking midfielder forced to play defensive midfield (not very well). But when he played further up he looked lost.

I thought Amos's specialty was the short cross field pass. I suppose that's attacking midfield if ur Barcelona. Don't get it.

Amos on 16:35 - Sep 5 with 2655 viewsessextaxiboy

I actually think Amos will turn out to be a real bargain. He has recovered from a really serious injury and an uncertain future .

With Chair playing off Dykes I can see him turning into another Ale Faurlin and getting better through the season . Maybe even a Captain in the future ...just my opinion
Amos on 16:36 - Sep 5 with 2647 viewsdavman

Amos on 15:22 - Sep 5 by francisbowles

Amos wasn't too bad, moved the ball quickly and played in the front two/three of midfield.

Carroll played in the defensive two and played very well. We lost something when he went off. His passing was excellent and he was competitive and spoken to by the ref, for repeat fouling.

This.

LTC grew into the game and then started to pick a couple of passes. Amos plodded, fell over a couple of times, lost the ball more than once and made 90% of his passes square or backwards.

I hate doing it, but I am watching Amos closer at the moment hoping he will prove me wrong, but I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise. Of course I want him to be a success, but he is more Friendly and Ghostly than Jermaine Jenas was for us and that is saying so much...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Amos on 16:46 - Sep 5 with 2602 viewsLazyFan

Amos was okay today. While he was average with the ball, he was decent without it. Covering back and putting himself in front of the ball.

Manning, on the other hand, was a liability. He just cannot defend, he does not have the mental capacity for it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Amos (n/t) on 02:39 - Sep 6 with 2251 viewstimcocking

Amos and Carroll up until now seem like the same person to me. Recycling possession and that's about it.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 2:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 14:16 - Sep 6 with 1988 viewsPinnerPaul

Its obvious what Amos does - he's the scapegoat for every defeat
Amos (n/t) on 14:27 - Sep 6 with 1961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amos (n/t) on 02:39 - Sep 6 by timcocking

Amos and Carroll up until now seem like the same person to me. Recycling possession and that's about it.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 2:57]

Amos and the LTC of old would be comparable.

But yesterday's game surely gives pause for thought. While one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that I'd say Carroll hit more forward passes than any other midfielder on the pitch, and to very good effect as the game went on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amos on 21:38 - Sep 6 with 1739 viewsenfieldargh

1'm Hopeful Amos will continue his development and improve.

I think he tends to loose concentration as the games wears on and then gets Bambi on ice moments , one beautiful example of which in the second half yesterday

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Amos on 21:44 - Sep 6 with 1726 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Amos on 16:46 - Sep 5 by LazyFan

Amos was okay today. While he was average with the ball, he was decent without it. Covering back and putting himself in front of the ball.

Manning, on the other hand, was a liability. He just cannot defend, he does not have the mental capacity for it.

I'm not sure if he can't defend. I just don't think he wants to be a defender.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Amos (n/t) on 22:00 - Sep 6 with 1691 viewsMyke

Amos (n/t) on 14:27 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

But yesterday's game surely gives pause for thought. While one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that I'd say Carroll hit more forward passes than any other midfielder on the pitch, and to very good effect as the game went on.

Yes I was wondering where the creativity was going to come from without Eze and Carroll may be the answer. Not comparing the two before anyone thinks I am, just saying that we need someone who can pick a pass, spot someone making a run, play it forward quickly to Dykes if the opportunity arises and Carroll may be that man.
Where that leaves Amos is another matter, if it pushes him further forward and forces Chair out wide, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing for either player.
Amos (n/t) on 04:18 - Sep 7 with 1586 viewstimcocking

Amos (n/t) on 14:27 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, perhaps. Fingers crossed.
Amos (n/t) on 08:37 - Sep 7 with 1494 viewsdublinr

Amos (n/t) on 22:00 - Sep 6 by Myke

Yes I was wondering where the creativity was going to come from without Eze and Carroll may be the answer. Not comparing the two before anyone thinks I am, just saying that we need someone who can pick a pass, spot someone making a run, play it forward quickly to Dykes if the opportunity arises and Carroll may be that man.
Where that leaves Amos is another matter, if it pushes him further forward and forces Chair out wide, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing for either player.

Yeah Myke, I'm worried about that too.
Carroll and ball/Cameron/ANOther at the base could work, with Carroll doing the strolling and the pass picking like a lesser tony Currie.
But if that means Amos further up, and chair on the bench or the wing, then we lose speed, creativity, incisiveness and goals. Don't think Amos scores or gets into scoring positions enough to play an advanced role.
I thought buying amos made some sense before we bought Carroll because I assumed he'd play defensive mid. But then we brought in carroll. Now I'm hoping we've bought Amos as a squad player (an expensive one), not as such a nice young man, such a prospect and so technically gifted that we absolutely have to find a space for him in the starting eleven.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024