Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Brentford stadium... 11:40 - Sep 8 with 8628 viewsjoe90

Looking really spiff in these pictures:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2020/sep/07/brentfords-futuristic-stad

Does make you wonder why we've found it so difficult and if we will ever get a new ground.
New Brentford stadium... on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 4992 viewsLongsufferingR

Looks a bit two bob to me.
New Brentford stadium... on 11:56 - Sep 8 with 4966 viewsDevonWhite

The seats look dreadful. About the only thing it's got going for it is that it's not another identikit bowl.

New Brentford stadium... on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 4963 viewsderbyhoop

We've found it difficult because of acquiring a suitable site.
Remember, we want to stay in LB Hammersmith & Fulham, where spare land is at a premium, Especially compared to LB Hounslow.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Brentford stadium... on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 4963 viewsbosh67

Doesn't look too bad to me to be honest. Strange design in the corners but I guess they can expand.

I don't think we'll leave Loftus Road any time soon and they won't do it up at all until the pandemic is beaten. To be honest some safe standing and a good architect could get the capacity up to about 22,000 if they go down that route and that would probably be enough. I have never understood why the club hasn't done a deal with Westway to use some of their parking. They've built a whole new part of the parking over the last year and we could use that on match days, plus the train is still nearby.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Brentford stadium... on 12:05 - Sep 8 with 4916 viewsRs_Holy

I like it … different to other new stadia.
New Brentford stadium... on 12:09 - Sep 8 with 4894 viewshoopdog

New Brentford stadium... on 11:57 - Sep 8 by bosh67

Doesn't look too bad to me to be honest. Strange design in the corners but I guess they can expand.

I don't think we'll leave Loftus Road any time soon and they won't do it up at all until the pandemic is beaten. To be honest some safe standing and a good architect could get the capacity up to about 22,000 if they go down that route and that would probably be enough. I have never understood why the club hasn't done a deal with Westway to use some of their parking. They've built a whole new part of the parking over the last year and we could use that on match days, plus the train is still nearby.

Yeah it looks the biz cos it's new but I can guarantee it won't have the atmosphere that Griffin park had pub on each corner to get the punters in the mood
New home pubs a smart walk.away
New Brentford stadium... on 12:32 - Sep 8 with 4833 viewsgobbles

Brentford have been aiming at building on that site for more than 20 years, they haven't found it easy. Where they did get luck was to be in an area near a lot of old factories and warehouses, which were empty for a long time before people had the idea of turning every brownfield site into apartments.
New Brentford stadium... on 12:39 - Sep 8 with 4808 viewsrsonist

Enjoyed Benham on this topic

Login to get fewer ads

New Brentford stadium... on 12:51 - Sep 8 with 4738 viewsMick_S

New Brentford stadium... on 12:39 - Sep 8 by rsonist

Enjoyed Benham on this topic

Spartak?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Brentford stadium... on 12:56 - Sep 8 with 4697 viewsjoe90

The pictures do it a lot of justice. Agree, it's much better than those generic bowl design, and certainly has some character.

I like the different colours they've used for the seats and think the pictures show how well the ground fits into the local surroundings.

If I was a Brentford fan I'd be very pleased.

My hope is that if/when we come to move we don't build anything bigger than 22k and don't build one of those horrible generic bowl style stadiums.
New Brentford stadium... on 13:03 - Sep 8 with 4661 viewsblacky200

New Brentford stadium... on 12:56 - Sep 8 by joe90

The pictures do it a lot of justice. Agree, it's much better than those generic bowl design, and certainly has some character.

I like the different colours they've used for the seats and think the pictures show how well the ground fits into the local surroundings.

My hope is that if/when we come to move we don't build anything bigger than 22k and don't build one of those horrible generic bowl style stadiums.

Building for 22 K would be pointless. The idea of a new stadium is to get more supporters and generate more money. How much more money can you generate from a 3.5K increase probably 3.5 million a year max.
New Brentford stadium... on 13:29 - Sep 8 with 4589 viewsjoe90

New Brentford stadium... on 13:03 - Sep 8 by blacky200

Building for 22 K would be pointless. The idea of a new stadium is to get more supporters and generate more money. How much more money can you generate from a 3.5K increase probably 3.5 million a year max.

Average attendance from the 18/19 season was 13,866 so assuming we can sell out every game in the 22k stadium would see an 8,134 increase...even that seems unrealistic.

When consider that 22k is looks ambitious.

Increased income generation in a new stadium is also based on non-football related activity not just match day revenue.
New Brentford stadium... on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 4534 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 11:57 - Sep 8 by derbyhoop

We've found it difficult because of acquiring a suitable site.
Remember, we want to stay in LB Hammersmith & Fulham, where spare land is at a premium, Especially compared to LB Hounslow.

No doubt development land prices are exorbitant in LBH&F, but don't imagine it's cheap in that part of Hounslow either - remember it's right next door to Chiswick W4 and just across the river from Kew and you know how much those places cost.

Which is why the sale price for the flats in the enabling development on site start from £400k+. And that's will be for one-bedders on the worst floors with the worst views.

Even then, the only reason BFC got PP to put a stadium there was because the three railway lines which hem in the site mean that you simply couldn't do anything else with it.

Otherwise the whole damned thing would have been flats.
New Brentford stadium... on 13:45 - Sep 8 with 4514 viewsGloucs_R

Does anyone have any idea as to where we are at with the linford Christie stadium? Surely local councils have less money than ever with covid in our midst.

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Brentford stadium... on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 4503 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 11:57 - Sep 8 by bosh67

"Strange design in the corners but I guess they can expand."

Quite the contrary: the only reason we've done it that way is because we physically cannot expand further i.e. not allowed to build over the railway lines which run right by. We could have squeezed in 20k as an absolute maximum for the site but the present configuration designed to accommodate 17,250 incl 2,900 premum seats will actually produce significantly more revenue.

Beyond that, it has been built ready for "Safe Standing", if/when that ever gets allowed. But even there I think the standing section will replace the seating on a one-for-one basis, so no increase in capacity there.
New Brentford stadium... on 13:56 - Sep 8 with 4465 viewsNewBee

"I like the different colours they've used for the seats and think the pictures show how well the ground fits into the local surroundings.

If I was a Brentford fan I'd be very pleased."

I heartily dislike the seat colours, and so do (I suspect) a big majority of Bees fans.

But I'm sure it was done that way so it would look better on TV when London Irish were playing to 10k of their fans, or England Ladies U-19's were playing to 5k etc.

In the end, it won't matter when Bees play there, since I'm confident we'll fill it.

And tbf, I thnk they've got the rest just about spot on.
New Brentford stadium... on 14:01 - Sep 8 with 4447 viewsjoe90

So...apart from not liking the coloured seats are you pleased with the new ground, from what you've seen?
New Brentford stadium... on 14:12 - Sep 8 with 4410 viewsswitchingcode

New Brentford stadium... on 14:01 - Sep 8 by joe90

So...apart from not liking the coloured seats are you pleased with the new ground, from what you've seen?

Yes from me not fantastic but it’s the best we could get as far as affordable sites in this part of London and sad but glad to see the back of Griffin Park
New Brentford stadium... on 14:19 - Sep 8 with 4388 viewsqpr_1968

i know why your called joe90 now.
you wanna change them bins mate.

other than that, you aint a bad poster.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

New Brentford stadium... on 14:21 - Sep 8 with 4369 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 14:01 - Sep 8 by joe90

Pretty much, yeah - certainly a big upgrade on GP.

And although I'll genuinely miss the old place (esp terracing) that's just me being an old traditionalist

I accept completely the need to move and reckon Lionel Road was as good as we could hope to get without moving (far?) away from TW8, which was an absolute "no-no" for me.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 14:23]
New Brentford stadium... on 14:39 - Sep 8 with 4324 viewsrrrspricey

For what it's worth, i think it looks shite. Clearly no consultation with fans, unless they're all 4 year old closet Bradford fans.
New Brentford stadium... on 14:44 - Sep 8 with 4302 viewsqprxtc

What’s going to happen to the four pubs?
New Brentford stadium... on 14:54 - Sep 8 with 4265 viewsDevon_4_England

The empty seats look daft at Brentford behind closed doors but when fans are in the trick is to not reveal how many seats are empty..
New Brentford stadium... on 15:07 - Sep 8 with 4224 viewsstowmarketrange

New Brentford stadium... on 13:56 - Sep 8 by NewBee

"I like the different colours they've used for the seats and think the pictures show how well the ground fits into the local surroundings.

If I was a Brentford fan I'd be very pleased."

I heartily dislike the seat colours, and so do (I suspect) a big majority of Bees fans.

But I'm sure it was done that way so it would look better on TV when London Irish were playing to 10k of their fans, or England Ladies U-19's were playing to 5k etc.

In the end, it won't matter when Bees play there, since I'm confident we'll fill it.

And tbf, I thnk they've got the rest just about spot on.

You seriously think you’ll sell out every game in a post covid era?Once the novelty of sitting in a different coloured seat for 6 games wears off,you will struggle to fill it unless you reach the premier league in the next year or two.
I think crowds will be lower across all divisions for a few years,so good luck selling out a stadium a 1/3 bigger than your old one.
New Brentford stadium... on 15:31 - Sep 8 with 4165 viewsswitchingcode

New Brentford stadium... on 14:44 - Sep 8 by qprxtc

What’s going to happen to the four pubs?

The Griffin and New inn staying Princess Royal not reopening The Brook formerly Royal Oak not sure hadn’t reopened when I was there 2 weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024