Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone on here attend this. 17:58 - Sep 14 with 2578 viewsqpr_1968

must have been a pretty harrowing trip/night.
i've only seen qpr away once in europe, that was cologne 76/77.....scraped through on the away goal with that one to set us up for a nice quarter final with aek athens in the eufa cup, went out on penalties.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Did anyone on here attend this. on 19:51 - Sep 14 with 2409 viewsdutch

Didn't make Belgrade. But I too went, on the coach, The General Smuts to Cologne Cathedral, with no toilet facilities. All I remember is scores of mad squaddies eager to fight anybody, everybody, first time I had ever been abroad so assumed it would always be so exciting/nerve wracking.

Dave Clement sent off early on, ten men held out then all hell let loose.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 19:52]
Did anyone on here attend this. on 21:49 - Sep 14 with 2244 viewsqpr_1968

Did anyone on here attend this. on 19:51 - Sep 14 by dutch

Didn't make Belgrade. But I too went, on the coach, The General Smuts to Cologne Cathedral, with no toilet facilities. All I remember is scores of mad squaddies eager to fight anybody, everybody, first time I had ever been abroad so assumed it would always be so exciting/nerve wracking.

Dave Clement sent off early on, ten men held out then all hell let loose.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 19:52]

just as i remember it.
we were in the sprinkbok early. coach then ferry to zeebrugge, coach again all through the night through belgium and on to cologne cathedral.
remember all the squaddies. 3 of us actually got in the opposite end to ours, pinched and punched all the way round to our end, not by german hooligans, but lets say the older generation.

Did anyone on here attend this. on 11:49 - Sep 15 with 1965 viewsthame_hoops

Did anyone on here attend this. on 21:49 - Sep 14 by qpr_1968

just as i remember it.
we were in the sprinkbok early. coach then ferry to zeebrugge, coach again all through the night through belgium and on to cologne cathedral.
remember all the squaddies. 3 of us actually got in the opposite end to ours, pinched and punched all the way round to our end, not by german hooligans, but lets say the older generation.

Wait, tell us more!
Did anyone on here attend this. on 16:35 - Sep 15 with 1721 viewsSonofNorfolt

I thought I'd save my money for the next round

Saw them play Red Star there last year. The ground hasn't changed in 36 years.
Did anyone on here attend this. on 20:27 - Sep 15 with 1563 viewsstowmarketrange

I was at Holyhead waiting for the ferry to Ireland with my brother on the night of the match,and this was long before the days when there were loads of sources to find out the results,so I decided to phone my dad to check out how we’d got on.I thought he was taking the p@ss when he said we lost 4-0.
Did anyone on here attend this. on 21:15 - Sep 15 with 1487 viewsHayesender

Didn't Mullery try to send them back out for extra time? T w a t

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Did anyone on here attend this. on 22:52 - Sep 15 with 1411 viewsloftboy

Did anyone on here attend this. on 21:15 - Sep 15 by Hayesender

Didn't Mullery try to send them back out for extra time? T w a t

And he got rid of stainrod for singing with the fan on the flight home.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Did anyone on here attend this. on 00:20 - Sep 16 with 1372 viewsSydneyRs

Remember checking the score on ceefax and it was 2-0. Right near the time the game would be ending it was still showing as 2-0 so I thought we were through. Then the real score finally got updated.

Incredibly Celtic also went out on away goals after drawing 6-6 with Partizan a few years later. Theirs was a 5-4 home win and 2-1 away defeat.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 0:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone on here attend this. on 09:56 - Sep 16 with 1226 viewsphilc

I remember saying to my Father after the first leg at Highbury that I needed to go to the Belgrade game as I didn’t know how long it would be before we got into Europe again. Little did I know how long it would be.
Did anyone on here attend this. on 10:23 - Sep 16 with 1191 viewsenfieldargh

Havnt seen this in years....or wanted to.

Peter Hucker tells a great players side story of the game.

Mullery said Something like they wont expect us to play with out two strikers out on the wings so thats what he did????

Their 3rd looked down to a keeper ricket unless the was a massive deflection.

Our players got the full Balkan treatment on the pitch with several terrible tackles leaving our players in a heap.

I did notice Mike Fillery trotting about when he could be arsed out there. Just the sort of player you need with you in a dog fight....not!

you can see we had a chance to score in the final seconds but the ref blows for full time just as Banno hits it.....

Piss poor 'home' attendance for us even if the game was at Highbury. We averaged 9-11K per game in those days only 7836 bothered to turn up. 6-2 was a great game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Did anyone on here attend this. on 12:00 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsW7Ranger

Did anyone on here attend this. on 10:23 - Sep 16 by enfieldargh

Havnt seen this in years....or wanted to.

Peter Hucker tells a great players side story of the game.

Mullery said Something like they wont expect us to play with out two strikers out on the wings so thats what he did????

Their 3rd looked down to a keeper ricket unless the was a massive deflection.

Our players got the full Balkan treatment on the pitch with several terrible tackles leaving our players in a heap.

I did notice Mike Fillery trotting about when he could be arsed out there. Just the sort of player you need with you in a dog fight....not!

you can see we had a chance to score in the final seconds but the ref blows for full time just as Banno hits it.....

Piss poor 'home' attendance for us even if the game was at Highbury. We averaged 9-11K per game in those days only 7836 bothered to turn up. 6-2 was a great game

60k at the away leg!

(That commentator's no Brian Moore is he??!!)
Did anyone on here attend this. on 12:11 - Sep 16 with 1113 viewswombat

Did anyone on here attend this. on 12:00 - Sep 16 by W7Ranger

60k at the away leg!

(That commentator's no Brian Moore is he??!!)

Yep I was there

mulerry hated the fans who travelled
did indeed bin stainrod off for singing going down going down as we approached heathrow
fillery was still hammered from night befor e the game is the reason he could barely walk let alone run during the game we helped him into a lift

fans turned on us the day of the game with a fair few mobbed up outside the fans hotel before the game ,

scariest crowd ive been in in all my years , splitting us up before the game didnt help matters much either

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Did anyone on here attend this. on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 992 viewsTacticalR

@qpr_1968 'pinched and punched all the way round to our end, not by german hooligans, but lets say the older generation'

Quiet, you will upset RusBot.

Air hostess clique

Did anyone on here attend this. on 20:53 - Sep 16 with 895 viewsqpr_1968

Did anyone on here attend this. on 14:49 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

@qpr_1968 'pinched and punched all the way round to our end, not by german hooligans, but lets say the older generation'

Quiet, you will upset RusBot.

Did anyone on here attend this. on 22:13 - Sep 16 with 852 viewsSuperhoop83

I still can't bring myself to watch it.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024