Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock 21:06 - Sep 15 with 5345 viewsBeestonranger

I see he's shown the same intent in the League Cup at Middlesborough he did with us. Not sure how many changes but seemed a lot from the Watford game. I personally don't see that much point in this cup any more especially as so few managers take it seriously.
Warnock on 21:16 - Sep 15 with 4378 viewsMyke

Shame that our only major trophy has been devalued in this way. It has been a gradual but unstoppable decline. It doesn't seem that many years ago that Mick McCarthy got in serious hot water for picking a 'weakened' team in a cup game for Wolves. Last year, Liverpool played an u23 team and no one batted an eyelid
Warnock on 21:22 - Sep 15 with 4345 viewsHayesender

Time to make it an actual league Cup, with only football league teams involved, and get rid of that EFL trophy

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warnock on 21:33 - Sep 15 with 4292 viewstraininvain

Can’t remember our cup games under Warnock, aside from MK Dons in the FA Cup. Probably because we were too busy winning every week in the league!
Warnock on 21:42 - Sep 15 with 4260 viewsBeestonranger

Warnock on 21:33 - Sep 15 by traininvain

Can’t remember our cup games under Warnock, aside from MK Dons in the FA Cup. Probably because we were too busy winning every week in the league!

We beat Carlisle one year when Ledesma scored a hat-trick and another year lost at home to Rochdale 4-1 I think.
Warnock on 21:56 - Sep 15 with 4200 viewsMaggsinho

Warnock on 21:42 - Sep 15 by Beestonranger

We beat Carlisle one year when Ledesma scored a hat-trick and another year lost at home to Rochdale 4-1 I think.

Carlisle was under Dowie I think. We lost at home to Port Vale In the promotion season.
Warnock on 23:01 - Sep 15 with 4031 viewsMyke

I see Hall won thirteen aerial battles, more than anyone else in the div. Could have done with a bit more of that last season. Anyway he lost and we won ha!
Warnock on 02:06 - Sep 16 with 3882 viewsnix

The thing is though, you don't lose your job for not winning in the EFL cup. Whereas a manager is almost certainly getting the sack for poor performance in the league.
Warnock on 02:42 - Sep 16 with 3863 viewstimcocking

They are all wrong. You'd always be better off picking the best team. They are overthinking it and acting like sheep. One day, they'll realise the stupidity of it. Maybe, just maybe, a Champion's league team might not need the extra games, but for a lower league, mid table team to be resting their players for the cup, thick as fcuk the lot of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Warnock on 03:02 - Sep 16 with 3852 viewsPlanetHonneywood

All well and good berating the managers/clubs for not taking it seriously, but it’s not as if fans are remotely bothered to turn up. And that’s even when they try to spice it up with an exciting draw live from Vietnam at 3am!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warnock on 06:10 - Sep 16 with 3757 viewsCamberleyR

Warnock on 21:56 - Sep 15 by Maggsinho

Carlisle was under Dowie I think. We lost at home to Port Vale In the promotion season.

Port 'Facking' Vale!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warnock on 06:14 - Sep 16 with 3749 viewsCamberleyR

Warnock on 21:16 - Sep 15 by Myke

Shame that our only major trophy has been devalued in this way. It has been a gradual but unstoppable decline. It doesn't seem that many years ago that Mick McCarthy got in serious hot water for picking a 'weakened' team in a cup game for Wolves. Last year, Liverpool played an u23 team and no one batted an eyelid

Pretty sure he fielded a weakened team in a league game, at Man U I think, in order to pick his first choice a few days later in a more winnable game against a relegation rival.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warnock on 06:38 - Sep 16 with 3724 viewsThe_Beast1976

Warnock on 21:22 - Sep 15 by Hayesender

Time to make it an actual league Cup, with only football league teams involved, and get rid of that EFL trophy

^This
Warnock on 13:26 - Sep 16 with 3327 viewsToast_R

Warnock on 06:38 - Sep 16 by The_Beast1976

^This

Should do but doubt the sponsors would see it the same way.
Warnock on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 3131 viewsBeestonranger

He's tested positive for COVID. He won't be in charge when we play hem shortly. I wish him a speedy recovery.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54189493
Warnock on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 3109 viewsstowmarketrange

Warnock on 11:47 - Sep 17 by Beestonranger

He's tested positive for COVID. He won't be in charge when we play hem shortly. I wish him a speedy recovery.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54189493

I also saw that on sky sports.Get well soon Neil.
There seems to be an awful lot of sportsmen and women getting covid recently,from a wide variety of sports too.Are we really going to see crowds back anytime soon?
Warnock on 12:00 - Sep 17 with 3083 viewsconnell10

Hope he gets well soon .👍👍👍

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warnock on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 3064 viewsizlingtonhoop

Warnock, the former Cardiff City, Leeds United, Sheffield United and Crystal Palace boss, guided Boro to Championship survival last season after taking over from Jonathan Woodgate. BBC News

As ever we don't exist.

Best wishes Neil.
Warnock on 12:13 - Sep 17 with 2998 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's a worry at his age

All the best Neil get well asap

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warnock on 12:35 - Sep 17 with 2942 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes best wishes to him, hope the effects are not too bad or lasting.
Warnock on 13:32 - Sep 17 with 2836 viewsdoogi10

wish him well probeley left the pub after 10pm and caught it
Warnock on 14:48 - Sep 17 with 2739 viewsSimonJames

Best wishes for a swift recovery NW.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Warnock on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 2568 viewsJuzzie

Warnock on 06:14 - Sep 16 by CamberleyR

Pretty sure he fielded a weakened team in a league game, at Man U I think, in order to pick his first choice a few days later in a more winnable game against a relegation rival.

Which i think they lost. That went well.
Warnock on 09:44 - Sep 18 with 2417 viewsterryb

Warnock on 06:14 - Sep 16 by CamberleyR

Was that Warnock?

Holloway definitely did this with Blackpool, but I don't remember NW doing it.

Anyhow, I hope you have a complete recovery Neil.
Warnock on 10:34 - Sep 18 with 2367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warnock on 09:44 - Sep 18 by terryb

Was that Warnock?

Holloway definitely did this with Blackpool, but I don't remember NW doing it.

Anyhow, I hope you have a complete recovery Neil.

I think Camberley was talking about Mick McCarthy, Terry?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warnock on 10:46 - Sep 18 with 2349 viewsterryb

Warnock on 10:34 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I think Camberley was talking about Mick McCarthy, Terry?

That will teach me to skim read!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024