Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41292 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 8206 viewsNorthernr

It's an interesting place Warbs has put himself in isn't it? Because presumably he can't pick him again now, unless Manning signs. What happens if Captain of Glasgow Rangers get injured, again? Presumably we're onto Hamailnen then.
Manning updates??? on 19:34 - Sep 17 with 7983 viewsdaveB

Manning updates??? on 18:40 - Sep 17 by Northernr

It's an interesting place Warbs has put himself in isn't it? Because presumably he can't pick him again now, unless Manning signs. What happens if Captain of Glasgow Rangers get injured, again? Presumably we're onto Hamailnen then.

Thats why I thought he had to play Bright last week, if you make a stand this early you are kind of stuck if he still doesn't sign
Manning updates??? on 20:12 - Sep 17 with 7863 viewssmuttsontour

just what we need about the club, a little bit of principled conviction!

We may suffer fielding our own youngster but you have to give kudos to Warbs for creating some standards.

Best wishes to Brighty and Ryan, but we won't be held to ransom by spivs (agents).
Manning updates??? on 20:39 - Sep 17 with 7779 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 20:12 - Sep 17 by smuttsontour

just what we need about the club, a little bit of principled conviction!

We may suffer fielding our own youngster but you have to give kudos to Warbs for creating some standards.

Best wishes to Brighty and Ryan, but we won't be held to ransom by spivs (agents).

In this case I would have thought Warburton is guilty of creating double standards than standards. Both he and BOSare in exactly the same place. 'Contract talks at different stages just doesn't wash. Both are in their final year and neither has signed an extension that we are aware of. The reality is that BOS is a bigger 'asset' than Manning and therefore is being treated better. If Manning had downed tools then I would say fair enough, but there is no indication of that. We condemn Hall for a lack of loyalty, but it has to work both ways. Either drop both Manning AND BOS or neither.
Manning updates??? on 20:45 - Sep 17 with 7738 viewssmuttsontour

Manning updates??? on 20:39 - Sep 17 by Myke

In this case I would have thought Warburton is guilty of creating double standards than standards. Both he and BOSare in exactly the same place. 'Contract talks at different stages just doesn't wash. Both are in their final year and neither has signed an extension that we are aware of. The reality is that BOS is a bigger 'asset' than Manning and therefore is being treated better. If Manning had downed tools then I would say fair enough, but there is no indication of that. We condemn Hall for a lack of loyalty, but it has to work both ways. Either drop both Manning AND BOS or neither.

completely agree on the difference of treatment, but we (sadly) aren't privy to the nature and tone of the negotiations of both cases.

what we have been privy to however, is smiling pictures of Bright training ta Harlington, and pictures a Ryan at TopGolf in Chertsey.

In the same day - make of that what you will...
Manning updates??? on 20:46 - Sep 17 with 7731 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe that was only part of it Myke. The defence was stronger for Wallace playing, although it was strange that Manning wasn't even on the bench. Also Manning has supposedly been changing his agent, so that could also be some sort of difference in their negotiations.
Manning updates??? on 20:49 - Sep 17 with 7706 viewsdaveB

I just think Warburton has taken a gamble that this tactic is more likely to work on Manning that it will on Bright
Manning updates??? on 20:51 - Sep 17 with 7692 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 20:46 - Sep 17 by francisbowles

Maybe that was only part of it Myke. The defence was stronger for Wallace playing, although it was strange that Manning wasn't even on the bench. Also Manning has supposedly been changing his agent, so that could also be some sort of difference in their negotiations.

I agree that Wallace played very well. Just can't understand why Warburton would publicly paint himself into a corner like this? Why not just say Manning had a knock and buy himself some time? Now as others have said, he can't play him again without losing face, until (unless) he signs a new deal. In the meantime, if he continues to pick BOS, the discrepancy is going to appear increasingly obvious.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 20:51 - Sep 17 with 7692 viewsNorthernr

Some chat on Blackburn Twitter accounts linking him there. As far as I'm aware thing resembling an offer we've ever had for Manning from anywhere was Blackburn last January for a low six figure fee so might be something in it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Manning updates??? on 20:53 - Sep 17 with 7679 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 20:51 - Sep 17 by Northernr

Some chat on Blackburn Twitter accounts linking him there. As far as I'm aware thing resembling an offer we've ever had for Manning from anywhere was Blackburn last January for a low six figure fee so might be something in it.

Gosh thought we would get closer to 1m - he's a snip at a quarter of that
Manning updates??? on 20:57 - Sep 17 with 7658 viewssmuttsontour

Manning updates??? on 20:53 - Sep 17 by Myke

Gosh thought we would get closer to 1m - he's a snip at a quarter of that

His missus is best mates with Karen Brady's daughter, thought it was the writing on the wall there to go to West Ham...
Manning updates??? on 03:26 - Sep 18 with 7199 viewstimcocking

How do we know he's a great character? Evidence would suggest a man lacking integrity if you ask me. I think if the ungrateful git doesn't have his heart 100% in it, don't play him. In defence, that one moment of hesitation is all it takes. We've seen it.

He should have just kept playing. The best way to earn a transfer is to keep producing, not start acting like a c**t.
Manning updates??? on 04:53 - Sep 18 with 7162 viewsDubaiR

Happy to let Manning move on. He is no where near a prem player. If that's West Hams transfer business no w
Wonder their fans are pissed off.

I wouldnt be shocked if some truth that BOS has signed north of the border and agreed a loan back which is why playing.
Manning updates??? on 06:14 - Sep 18 with 7083 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wasn’t he our second top assister last year? Think we are being a bit dismissive of his contribution.

Hope he signs but I like Warburton’s approach.
Manning updates??? on 06:29 - Sep 18 with 7064 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 03:26 - Sep 18 by timcocking

How do we know he's a great character? Evidence would suggest a man lacking integrity if you ask me. I think if the ungrateful git doesn't have his heart 100% in it, don't play him. In defence, that one moment of hesitation is all it takes. We've seen it.

He should have just kept playing. The best way to earn a transfer is to keep producing, not start acting like a c**t.

How do we know he's not? There is nothing, not one shred of evidence to suggest manning is lacking integrity. This is exactly what happens when your manager makes you a scapegoat in stalled contract negotiations. He and BOS (who a month ago was lined up for another club but was holding out for the prem) are in the same situation, but BOS is being treated much better. How exactly was he supposed to have 'kept on playing' when he wasn't picked.
Two games ago he was scoring after a couple of minutes, his third consecutive goal for us - hardly the actions of a man lacking integrity? Wallace has one good game -after missing the bulk of last season through injury - and suddenly Manning is a pariah playing golf while BOS is 'smiling while training' It is all been choreographed by club to get exactly the kind of reaction some are providing here and it's pretty poor imo. A year ago we were raving about him now he's lacking in integrity ? He is not a left back, I have said that many times, but he is a fine player at this level and whether he stays or goes we should recognise what he has done for us and stop being so gullible and fickle.
Manning updates??? on 06:33 - Sep 18 with 7054 viewsMyke

Two years ago Kakay's career was in shreds after being slaughtered for his part in the 7-1 defeat to WBA. Now he has earned a 4 year contract and everybody is delighted. We need to stop rounding on our young player (OUR players) at the first hint of trouble and support them until they are no longer ours
Manning updates??? on 06:55 - Sep 18 with 7027 viewsNorthernr

Manning updates??? on 03:26 - Sep 18 by timcocking

Or put another way, was being released early back to Ireland having never been given a first team chance until Holloway/Bircham got desperate early in their jobs and slung him in during a hectic Christmas period. Was then rewarded for breaking through under them by being bombed out on loan to Rotherham United by a so-called super coach who was meant to be here developing him.

Let's not pretend QPR have treated Manning particularly well down the years.
Manning updates??? on 08:17 - Sep 18 with 6929 viewsGloucs_R

If he goes, id like Niko to be given 5 games on the bounce. Is he another Kakay, who I really had no hope for, or is he a League 2 player?

from what I have read he seems to be very similar to many. Great going forward but not particularly astute at defending.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Manning updates??? on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 6660 viewsPinnerPaul

'Talks are continuing on a number of fronts' is how he batted the Manning question away on the latest offy interview.
Manning updates??? on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 6516 viewsbakerloo8

Manning updates??? on 06:55 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Or put another way, was being released early back to Ireland having never been given a first team chance until Holloway/Bircham got desperate early in their jobs and slung him in during a hectic Christmas period. Was then rewarded for breaking through under them by being bombed out on loan to Rotherham United by a so-called super coach who was meant to be here developing him.

Let's not pretend QPR have treated Manning particularly well down the years.

He's a very well paid professional footballer not a minimum wage Tesco (other supermarkets are available) worker. He hasn't been treated unfairly.

Sign, Sign elsewhere or sit on the bench. Good for Warburton.
Manning updates??? on 15:12 - Sep 18 with 6500 viewsdaveB

Manning updates??? on 15:08 - Sep 18 by bakerloo8

He's a very well paid professional footballer not a minimum wage Tesco (other supermarkets are available) worker. He hasn't been treated unfairly.

Sign, Sign elsewhere or sit on the bench. Good for Warburton.

he has signed a contract to play for us until next June so he's well within his rights to see that contract out with us, if we don't want to pick him because we want to get money for him that's not his fault. Works both ways, if he was 35 we'd be expecting him to play every week before getting rid of him next summer
Manning updates??? on 15:30 - Sep 18 with 6441 viewsBoston

Manning updates??? on 20:51 - Sep 17 by Northernr

I’ve just had a word with a relation of his who is working with us at the moment, chap reckons Blackburn are very interested, says they have made offers for him on two occasions.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning updates??? on 15:47 - Sep 18 with 6388 viewsbakerloo8

Manning updates??? on 15:12 - Sep 18 by daveB

he has signed a contract to play for us until next June so he's well within his rights to see that contract out with us, if we don't want to pick him because we want to get money for him that's not his fault. Works both ways, if he was 35 we'd be expecting him to play every week before getting rid of him next summer

Agree 100%. He is well within his rights to see out his contract with us, no problem with that.
On the flip side we are well within our rights to not play him if we want. This is Qpr not Brand Manning.
Manning updates??? on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 6354 viewssimmo

Manning updates??? on 06:29 - Sep 18 by Myke

How do we know he's not? There is nothing, not one shred of evidence to suggest manning is lacking integrity. This is exactly what happens when your manager makes you a scapegoat in stalled contract negotiations. He and BOS (who a month ago was lined up for another club but was holding out for the prem) are in the same situation, but BOS is being treated much better. How exactly was he supposed to have 'kept on playing' when he wasn't picked.
Two games ago he was scoring after a couple of minutes, his third consecutive goal for us - hardly the actions of a man lacking integrity? Wallace has one good game -after missing the bulk of last season through injury - and suddenly Manning is a pariah playing golf while BOS is 'smiling while training' It is all been choreographed by club to get exactly the kind of reaction some are providing here and it's pretty poor imo. A year ago we were raving about him now he's lacking in integrity ? He is not a left back, I have said that many times, but he is a fine player at this level and whether he stays or goes we should recognise what he has done for us and stop being so gullible and fickle.

Is right.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning updates??? on 15:58 - Sep 18 with 6325 viewsRangersw12

Talk on twitter ( i know , i know ) is that there is contract progress with BOS but stalling with Manning

Might explain why BOS played and Manning didn't last week
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024